Tanitha #1 Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4425 battles
  • [WG] WG
Clanwars 8.3 ultimate Conquest

Posted Image

Pillage (test mode)

Right after having conquered a province a clan may pillage it to instantly get a 3-day gold income. The pillaged province will not bring any profit for the next 7 days, even if the ownership pass to a different clan during this period
Only a limited number of clan officers are authorized to pillage provinces: clan leads and their deputies, as well as field commanders.
Conditions

The following conditions have to be met in order to pillage a province:
  • pillage becomes available the next turn after the province has been conquered;
  • no less then 7 days should pass from the previous pillage;
  • the clan should have it's HQ placed on in the map;
  • the province should be connected to clan HQ, either by bordering on the HQ province directly or by being linked to it with chain of other provinces beloning to the same clan..
How-to pillage

In order to pillage a province one has to:
  • Pick a province to pillage.
  • Click pillage button in the panel above the map.
  • Confirm the pillage. The amount of gold equal to a 3-day revenue from this province will be credited to clan's treasury in the beginning of the next turn.
Cancel pillage

After you have issued a command to pillage you may still cancel it before the end of the current turn. To do so you need:
  • Pick the province you have ordered to pillage on the map.
  • Click pillage in the panel above the map.
  • Confirm pillage cancellation.

Riots: (test mode)
A riot may occur in any non-landing province on the global map. It temporary turns the rioting province into a landing zone which may not be attacked from the neighboring provinces but can be landing upon by any clan not already in the map. The province is considered rioting until the end of the nearest prime time, therefore only 64 randomly picked applications participate in the tournament. Chip of ther applicants will return to reserve and become available again during the next turn.
Rioting provinces are marked with a special symbol on the map

Riot odds

Riot odds for a province is not constant number and is shown in %, which may grow or shrink every turn. Once a day a certain hour when riot check occurs is randomly set for every province.
In order to learn the current riot odds place the cursor over the province riot indicator on the map.

Riot indicator color:
Posted Image– the odds haven't changed from the previous turn;
Posted Image - the odds have decreased from the previous turn;
Posted Image  . - the odds have increased from the previous turn;
No more than two provinces belonging to you clan may be rioting at a time, meaning that no new riot may occur until the tournament for at least one of them is finished (See Quelling a riot).
Factors affecting riot odds

The odds grow for
a specific province if:
  • it has been pillaged;
  • any neighboring province has been pillaged;
  • it is not connected to the HQ;
  • if the HQ has been removed from this province;
  • if it has been coquered from a clan which owned it for at least 7 days
all provinces of a clan if:
  • any province was lost due to a riot;
  • the HQ was lost;
  • any province was lost.
The odds shrink for
a specific province if:
  • the HQ is deployed in it;
  • if a counter-spy has been assigned to it;
  • if owner-clan chips are deployed in it;
all provinces of a clan if:
  • a riot has been successfully quelled in any of it's provinces;
  • any province has been successfully defended against an enemy attack.
Quelling a riot

Right after the start of a riot the province becomes available for lanind upon by any clan on the clobal map. Together with the prime-time starts the landing tournament between landing claimants. The winner will fight the current owner of the province.
In order to quell a riot the owner has to defeat the winner of the landing tournament.

Edited by Conan, 17 January 2013 - 06:28 PM.
Clarifications made

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Sniphell #2 Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 26804 battles
may i get a new map with my toast?

Also i propose we rename it the global wasteland.

Edited by Sniphell, 16 January 2013 - 10:16 PM.

The_Internet #3 Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 5590 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Don't worry overlord, it totally won't destroy our tiny server population.

Grivyn #4 Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 29957 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
this hurts MP seriously as there is no way they can maintain their current holdings, Armed and AUS will also have to consolidate. 1 prov goes into riot and boooom welcome to a death blossom in the rear, solves the no landing zones in north though.

Kalipulako #5 Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 49423 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostGrivyn, on 17 January 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

this hurts MP seriously as there is no way they can maintain their current holdings, Armed and AUS will also have to consolidate. 1 prov goes into riot and boooom welcome to a death blossom in the rear, solves the no landing zones in north though.

I totally agree. This will give more clans a chance in the global map since huge clans and alliances won't hold as many lands as they hold right now.

World of Tanks Philippines Official Unofficial Facebook Group

OFFICIALLY RETIRED, HEMAN AND ALDWIN PLAYING MY ACCOUNT. IF ITS DOING WEIRD AND CHATTING LIKE HEMAN THEN IT IS HEMAN.

dead_man_walking #6 Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20387 battles
  • [-NRD-] -NRD-
you little ripper - here we go folks  :Smile_great:

Now we just need tank locking as well and it will be on for young and old!

"new CW discount 3 days precious for the price of 7 and a worthless province to boot."

Brannor #7 Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Captain

• 12604 battles

You got your wish. Though the percentages are still hidden (tweakable) from us. For example, for riots to be possible, you may actually have to take provinces first to start things rolling. Also, spreading out 1-chip stacks may quell them completely.

Let's wait and see how things go. Question is, will you just look to just 'farm' pillaging or actually take and hold provinces and actually fight battles?

-G

Putana #8 Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12444 battles

wow griv - angry much ???

you mean this gives panza a chance of winning a uncontested province, because they cant win their way past the front lines

Srap #9 Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 30533 battles

View Postbennoz, on 17 January 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

you mean this gives panza a chance of winning a uncontested province, because they cant win their way past the front lines

Ignorance much?

Intel 4790k @4Ghz, EVGA GTX980 SC ACXv2,16GB Ram, Sabretooth Mark II

Error417 #10 Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 38482 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
Well these changes look fantastic. At sometime AAD will don its Viking helmets and have some short sharp campaigns where we can :)

Pillaging will be perfect for us.

Riots will make the whole farmville experience more interesting as the unprotected provinces suddenly become exposed. Although re-reading the riot conditions it will not be happening very often if the clan is stable.....

Edited by paulsmith, 17 January 2013 - 06:24 AM.

Is this the 5 minute argument or the full 1/2 hour?

Where the river bends, blind men fall in....
SEA Signature Here

dead_man_walking #11 Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20387 battles
  • [-NRD-] -NRD-
drop in, pillage, pull out, let riot occur, land and take it back ;)

Black_Ice #12 Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12442 battles
  • [MP] MP

View PostBrannor, on 17 January 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

You got your wish. Though the percentages are still hidden (tweakable) from us. For example, for riots to be possible, you may actually have to take provinces first to start things rolling. Also, spreading out 1-chip stacks may quell them completely.

Let's wait and see how things go. Question is, will you just look to just 'farm' pillaging or actually take and hold provinces and actually fight battles?

-G
All the contributing factors may be hidden, but the final number is visible to anyone already on the map, and it seems quite high. As an example, our HQ, with 15 tickets still has a 10% chance to revolt. A connected province with 15 tickets is 20%. This may not be the base rate but only the first days numbers, because it might not be counting the fact we won matches on the previous day which should help reduce percentages.
A check on the RU server, looking at the Asia Region shows that their first day on the new patch had Seven provinces go into revolt.

There are some nice changes that have been added to the CW interface that were not described. It is now possible to see what map each province plays on without having to expand the detailed description of the zone. Its now shown on the summary. For anyone wondering, it also shows the Server cluster that is responsible for managing battles for the province as well. Not really relevent for us as all ours are handled by the SG1 server, but important for the RU and NA servers who have been complaining about speed issues as all their battles were previously handled by a single server (RU1)

MalleusTempus #13 Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17467 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Think it will wipe out the gold factor down south (such as it was), with all the landing zones there methinks that will simply become a gold desert, pop on pillage, get kicked off, desert.
http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/sea/MalleusTempus/signature.png

Fry #14 Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 7929 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

With my awesome 8th sense, I can tell that Grivyn is actually crying, or is it laughing? One of the three.......

In any case the changes should make it more interesting.

Edited by Fry, 17 January 2013 - 07:54 AM.

belligerent and numerous

Koala Jesus, which art god of PBKAC, Hallowed be thy gudfites. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in pubs, as it is in clan wars. Give us this day our daily doubles. And forgive us our raging, As we forgive those that troll against us. Lead us not into team killing, but deliver us from pubbies. Amen.

dead_man_walking #15 Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20387 battles
  • [-NRD-] -NRD-

View Postfire70, on 17 January 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

Not sure if I am reading this correctly but after the landing tournament is completed the winner still has to battle with the province owner??

Quelling a riot

Right after the start of a riot the province becomes available for lanind upon by any clan on the clobal map. Together with the prime-time starts the landing tournament between landing claimants. The winner will fight the current owner of the province.
In order to quell a riot the owner has to defeat the winner of the landing tournament.

So by this the owner doesn't have to have chips on the province but will still be able to field a team of 15 players.

Good Q - WG have an answer?

I'd assume that it will behave the same as a normal LZ, in that if you don't have the 15 chips to defend with you lose automatically.

Black_Ice #16 Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12442 battles
  • [MP] MP
I would expec

Not sure if I am reading this correctly but after the landing tournament is completed the winner still has to battle with the province owner??

Quelling a riot

So by this the owner doesn't have to have chips on the province but will still be able to field a team of 15 players.
I would expect the normal rules to apply. Due to the high chance of a riot occuring even with chips present it is possible to have a full team allocated and need to defend. If there are no chips then once you get through the tournament it would be a technical victory against the owner.

MalleusTempus #17 Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17467 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

That's the way i read it too, course i've mis read things before :/
I'm guessing you'd get to defend for free unless the riot occurs well before any chip locking, otherwise that's just nasty.
http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/sea/MalleusTempus/signature.png

Error417 #18 Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 38482 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
I would assume you would have to have chips down to fight as this is the basic premise of CW's.

One of the purposes of this change (i suspect) is to stop large spreading empires of any single clan being set up, therefore opening the map up to more clans / competition.

Is this the 5 minute argument or the full 1/2 hour?

Where the river bends, blind men fall in....
SEA Signature Here

Grivyn #19 Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 29957 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

Just how do you construe that post to be angry ? It's merely stating that it would hurt MP the most as managing 30+ provinces from revolting will be nigh on impossible I think and just 1 going into revolt would cause a major headache. Even if MP can manage to maintain their current borders their ability to ride to the rescue of their alliance members will be greatly reduced if not completely negated depending on the rate of decay and the amount of chips required to quell riots..

Unfortunately Brannor as much as I would like to return to my original intentions for M I doubt that would be possible as it would be to the detriment of A and R too much.

Phoenix_FIame #20 Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 3279 battles
From what i can see each province has a 50% chance of revolt, each chip on a province reduces that chance by 2% so the minimum you can get with 15 chips is a 20% chance.

MP is totally screwed we are going to have 2 revolts every night maybe more due to lots of time zones.

This change is a kick in the balls for MP who have worked tirelessly to get to the position they are now in. all the gold pots in the eastern side of the map are so spread out it will be impossible to hold more than 1-2 i think that they need to make it so you territories dont need to be connected for raiding otherwise it is useless

Edited by Phoenix_FIame, 17 January 2013 - 09:00 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users