Clanwars Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG
Dear Players.

Please be advised that as of 26-01-2013 (17:15 UTC) (After clanwars tonight), the clanwars server will be closed for an extended maintenance & downtime.

The purpose of the maintenance is to implement the following changes:
  • Improvements and corrections to the algorithm used to calculate the probability of a riot.
  • A fix has for chips disappearance from the map.
  • Fixes for several other bugs related to the introduction of the Riot feature, and Clan Wars in general.

At present there is no set date for when Clan Wars will be unfrozen, we’ll let you know as soon as this information is available.
The current ETA for the return of clanwars is 1-2 weeks.

Please be reminded, if you are looking for additional content to replace the clanwars content.
We currently have the chinese tank competition in place at the moment, with ~4.8 million gold of giveaways.
And a very heavy competitions regime starting in February
As well as a "hunt us down" event 1-4th February, and a "last tank standing" event on 8th February.

Please also note, that currently there is no planned downtime for Clanwars over the Chinese New year in February.

We appologise for the inconvenienced caused by the clanwars downtime.

/Tan

Orion03 #2 Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Captain

• Community Contributor
  • 16849 battles
  • [SMP] SMP
Do we still earn gold during the freeze?
I have no Fame, I am a NOOB

Tanitha #3 Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostOrion03, on 26 January 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Do we still earn gold during the freeze?

No Orion03

/Tan

OneForceX #4 Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 15885 battles
  • [TA-R] TA-R
Thnx tan, more time to practice then.         :Smile-hiding:

EvilestKitty #5 Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 15586 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD
:O say it isn't so......hopefully there will be plenty of tc's so I can unleash my Evilness mwahahaha

Mick42 #6 Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Major

• 13923 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEvilestKitty, on 26 January 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

:O say it isn't so......hopefully there will be plenty of tc's so I can unleash my Evilness mwahahaha
And suddenly all the TCs vanish in fear.
Of Kitty or MP, we shall never know.

Check out my Minion's voice mod!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sniphell #7 Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 26804 battles
is WG planning on introducing variable tax rates anytime soon?

Mick42 #8 Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Major

• 13923 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFireguard_, on 26 January 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Kittys rack Grille is OP.
Sorry, what was that? I was sidetracked by something...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Black_Ice #9 Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12442 battles
  • [MP] MP
I am happy that you managed to keep us running for those few extra days. The EU and RU servers had their CW frozen immediately instead of just turning off the Rioting/Pillage system.
I did not experiance any bugs from the SEA method, so it was appreciated.

dead_man_walking #10 Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20387 battles
  • [-NRD-] -NRD-

View PostBlack_Ice, on 27 January 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

I am happy that you managed to keep us running for those few extra days. The EU and RU servers had their CW frozen immediately instead of just turning off the Rioting/Pillage system.
I did not experiance any bugs from the SEA method, so it was appreciated.

Agreed to a point.   If we managed to keep going with the riot/pillage system suspended why shut things down now to work on a solution?  If the system is working (mostly) then why not keep it running while a permanent solution is developed?

Horse_the_mountain_goat #11 Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 50111 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
Why can't rioted provinces automatically be gifted a 15 stack to defend a landing, then if a rival clan is good enough to take it they can- I have no problem with that. Instead all these lower end clans who cant compete in clan wars are turning up with rubbish tanks. Even if you do have the chips to defend them usually its a waste of everyone's time as they turn up with low tiers. Clan wars should be  about hard fought battles, those who deserve to be on the map through teamwork strategy and  top tanks should be there and those who aren't up to par should not. What exactly are you trying to achieve with the riot element added? All that has achieved so far is a quantity of battles over quality, as well as limiting clans that hold provinces movement. I'm sure the intention is to create more battles and to stop clans resting on their laurels, but in the end will be detrimental to the game. By limiting new clans attempting clan wars  to  landing zones they can congregate and play multiple tournament style  battles. As such they have a lot more opportunity to learn to work as a team and when they are good enough they can go out and carve up their own provinces, and good on them if they do.

Edited by rekttam, 27 January 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Kalkadar #12 Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 12260 battles
  • [2CD] 2CD
Thanks WG now I have to come up with training scenarios and actually train. Why must you do this to me, why?

punisher007 #13 Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 22459 battles
  • [GBH] GBH

View Postrekttam, on 27 January 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Why can't rioted provinces automatically be gifted a 15 stack to defend a landing, then if a rival clan is good enough to take it they can- I have no problem with that. Instead all these lower end clans who cant compete in clan wars are turning up with rubbish tanks. Even if you do have the chips to defend them usually its a waste of everyone's time as they turn up with low tiers. Clan wars should be  about hard fought battles, those who deserve to be on the map through teamwork strategy and  top tanks should be there and those who aren't up to par should not. What exactly are you trying to achieve with the riot element added? All that has achieved so far is a quantity of battles over quality, as well as limiting clans that hold provinces movement. I'm sure the intention is to create more battles and to stop clans resting on their laurels, but in the end will be detrimental to the game. By limiting new clans attempting clan wars  to  landing zones they can congregate and play multiple tournament style  battles. As such they have a lot more opportunity to learn to work as a team and when they are good enough they can go out and carve up their own provinces, and good on them if they do.

That would ruin cw full stop, and why the hell should you get an extra 15 chips to defend that landing?, get better at your chip placement, thats all i have to say about it.

Horse_the_mountain_goat #14 Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 50111 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View Postpunisher007, on 27 January 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

That would ruin cw full stop, and why the hell should you get an extra 15 chips to defend that landing?, get better at your chip placement, thats all i have to say about it.
Since your from GBH with a few territories how are you meant to attack when all your chips are spent defending in case of a riot? Unless you just want to sit there and not attack any neighbouring provinces. All it takes is one clan to take a undefended province which is too easy if you have  a few then death blossom out.

Edited by rekttam, 27 January 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Husper #15 Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20743 battles
  • [C-MAN] C-MAN
I can has fix?

H_87A_2CU #16 Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34872 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Rekttam

That's the joys of riots, no safe areas for massive land holders (or any land holders really), so it comes to either continue holding large tracks of land, with less chance to defend a landing (at least straight away), or holding lesser amounts of land, but the ability to snuff out landings within a day (if not at the time), or something in between.

Under your thoughts that a clan holding large amounts of land, should be given 15 chips so they can defend the landing is just wrong. So what you are saying is give XXXX clan (the land holders) 30 chips extra (two provinces rioting in the time zone), so that they can continue to attack/hold their borders and defend their landing zones (if they can get enough players online to do so). Gets even better if such a clan holds land in two or three different time zones, suddenly under your plan they could be gifted up to 90 extra chips (for the three time zones) to defend their landings.........not bad for a clan that only has maybe 100 chips max for normal battles.

As for rubbish clans as you so eloquently put it (rather elitist attitude you have there), that's the good thing about riots, they get to land, maybe fight for the province, maybe not, grab a bit of gold, and then fight for survival. As you said they are unlikely to survive contact with a team that has a  better strategy or better tanks, but at least it opens clan wars up to all clans not just the larger/better clans. You never know maybe they will relise that they need to grind better tanks, get more members, and better strats.....surely that is better for CW's in the long term?

Yes you are part of a very good clan, however they have the same limitations as all with chip numbers, and knowing your commanders they are thinking long and hard about which direction they will take. So rather than asking for more chips, go listen to what they are going to use as a strat, or even come up with ideas for them to think about.

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU, 27 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

Horse_the_mountain_goat #17 Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 50111 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
so h_87a-2cu . you are happy for 15 players amped up for a clan wars battle to only waste 15mins in queue to fight a couple of t50's? Not being elitist (how hypocritical that is)at all, don't claim to be the best -it just ticks you off some of the battles we have been getting.  I remember the days where panzm thought they were so good they thought they could extort people into doing what they wanted so please don't comment on elitists. My main complaint is the lack of quality battles this rioting has caused.  Had a lot more fun competeting against panzacs and vice versa (as well as other good clans)15 a side win or lose than I do now fighting 2 or 3 tanks. I cant see how rioting is at all a good thing even for new clans.
Although I do retract rubbish clans that is unfair.
Honestly don't think the 15 chip thing is all that viable as I do not think rioting is. What if you didn't gain any extra chips to defend a riot but allowed you to move 15 chips from anywhere on the map?

Edited by rekttam, 28 January 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Mick42 #18 Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Major

• 13923 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I think both of you have good points. It opens the map up, good thing. Bad thing, scrub teams waste our time.

I think riots should stay, but limits put in place to make sure you can't attack without a decent team. Minimum tiers per class and a minimum total tier limit set so the teams have some quality. Corse, this would only apply to riot landing zones, so if you can take the landing zone, you can use whatever.

But then my CW experience is limited, so might not work.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Artemisinin #19 Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 10060 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It forces clans to lock down and defend a smaller territory, gives smaller clans an opportunity to enter the map and so on.
So what it allows scrub clans to attempt to take land and ruin everyone elses time. There are about a dozen clans who are mostly wasting peoples time and have land.
With a smaller riot chance (which will hopefully end with only 1 or 2 per timezone...) it should be okay.

I think half the problem was all the new clans were landing and looting and jacking the riot chance to 100% everytime.

Edited by ollivier, 28 January 2013 - 04:36 PM.

When the syringe doesn't work, use the sledgehammer.

Tanitha #20 Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postdead_man_walking, on 27 January 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Agreed to a point.   If we managed to keep going with the riot/pillage system suspended why shut things down now to work on a solution?  If the system is working (mostly) then why not keep it running while a permanent solution is developed?

Switching the rioting off caused a lot of issues with landing zones.
and there was still a large issue with chips disapearing off the clanwars map.

+ clanwars needed a downtime sometime (break), since there is currently no "seasons" on the clanwars map at the moment providing those breaks.
We would have prefered a break from clanwars a bit later, but these issues led us to decide to bring the possible later break, forward to now instead.

/Tan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users