Clanwars Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

LtBeanbag #21 Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13360 battles

View PostTanitha, on 28 January 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

+ clanwars needed a downtime sometime (break), since there is currently no "seasons" on the clanwars map at the moment providing those breaks.

/Tan

Late December wasn't a good time? I was here anyway but I know a lot of people were not. Just my 2 cents

Tanitha #22 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostLtBeanbag, on 28 January 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Late December wasn't a good time? I was here anyway but I know a lot of people were not. Just my 2 cents

Correct, I wrote that in the line below what you quoted.

View PostTanitha, on 28 January 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

We would have prefered a break from clanwars a bit later, but these issues led us to decide to bring the possible later break, forward to now instead.
/Tan

havoky #23 Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 42980 battles
  • [EXEC] EXEC

View Postrekttam, on 27 January 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Why can't rioted provinces automatically be gifted a 15 stack to defend a landing, then if a rival clan is good enough to take it they can- I have no problem with that. Instead all these lower end clans who cant compete in clan wars are turning up with rubbish tanks. Even if you do have the chips to defend them usually its a waste of everyone's time as they turn up with low tiers. Clan wars should be  about hard fought battles, those who deserve to be on the map through teamwork strategy and  top tanks should be there and those who aren't up to par should not. What exactly are you trying to achieve with the riot element added? All that has achieved so far is a quantity of battles over quality, as well as limiting clans that hold provinces movement. I'm sure the intention is to create more battles and to stop clans resting on their laurels, but in the end will be detrimental to the game. By limiting new clans attempting clan wars  to  landing zones they can congregate and play multiple tournament style  battles. As such they have a lot more opportunity to learn to work as a team and when they are good enough they can go out and carve up their own provinces, and good on them if they do.

you forget one thing rektam, all other server have more of "good clans" that have full stack teams everyday. NA being one with lowest amount of clans after SEA, they still have atleast 20-30 clans doing landing that are able to field 2 full t10 teams. this systems favors RU and EU server the most and SEA server the least, where one good clans like MP,  PANZAC, AUS, ARMED etc in the east can hold land chunk of lands, without any real hardwork.
and having extra chips destroys the meaning of riot, you can have 2 teams ready to defend and most of the time you will defend, so small clans will win only on luck.
this system limits the clans from taking large amounts of lands and just sit there.. no offence to MP, but your alliance and central alliance suffers most from it.
and if u guys are really in it for the fights as you say, i dont think you should have any problem with system. more fight is what you get.
and for guys like me who like to sit behind a table and prefer strategy and tactical stuff, it make us think more and gives more thrill.

Its good to be mean, nobody bothers you with their shit

Pinge #24 Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17107 battles
I think the rioting is good.
I think most people agree its good.
The practice of it though was a tad flawed.
The landing zones and chip displacements was very bad for not only owners, but also teams landing/fighting.
So it had to be fixed at some stage.
Now is a much better time than later.

People should let ranters and ravers go and have their spleen vent.
Some suggestions are worth the effort to read, but others are just not worth responding to.

H_87A_2CU #25 Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34880 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Rekttam

View Postrekttam, on 28 January 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

You are happy for 15 players amped up for a clan wars battle to only waste 15mins in queue to fight a couple of t50's?

Maybe I'm from an older period where patience was something well practiced. If I manage to get into a Clan Battle team awaiting the opposition for 15 mins and they only turn up with 5 Tier 1's so be it,  you can still have fun, maybe ramming kills only or HE splash kills only, the game can be as fun as you want to make it. If it’s the fact you want the win, well take the win, the game doesn't owe you a 15 vs 15 match for any game, so just chalk it up to one of those things and move on. If you feel so passionate that you desire quality battles,and its unfair you're not getting them, I recommend a dose of stepping away for a short break from the game.

I remember the days where panzm thought they were so good they thought they could extort people into doing what they wanted so please don't comment on elitists.

As for PANZM, that I cannot comment on, I am in PANZR, the only times I have fought clan battles, it’s always been with respect to the opposition, and GG at the end, and a good solid debate when things don't go right on TS, maybe it'll give us something we can learn from. You, of all people (as well as all ex PANZACS), should know that whilst under a PANZAC header we are different sub clans, just because one sub clan does something doesn’t mean that the others will do the same. Added to this there have been massive changes in officers and in players....we are not the PANZAC's of old, which is something people need to remember when trying to use past history to make their point.

My main complaint is the lack of quality battles this rioting has caused.  Had a lot more fun competeting against panzacs and vice versa (as well as other good clans)15 a side win or lose than I do now fighting 2 or 3 tanks. I cant see how rioting is at all a good thing even for new clans.

A Battle is a battle, take it as it comes I think is the best way, either that or get some mates to stay up, there’s good battles over West as well.

Honestly don't think the 15 chip thing is all that viable as I do not think rioting is. What if you didn't gain any extra chips to defend a riot but allowed you to move 15 chips from anywhere on the map?

We live with what WG gives us, yes, to a degree we can seek changes, but the end of the day what we get is what we get. As for moving 15 chips from anywhere, think that’s again a no, as once again gives clans the chance to hold massive tracks of land without having to think on the strategic levels. There are ways and means to adapt to these changes, and I'm sure your clan execs are working hard to get the best outcome in gold, land etc, within the limitations they have been given.

Aptare superareque - its what all clans have to do in regard to riots

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU, 29 January 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Virtualgenius #26 Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 16437 battles
How can you take a system offline with no solid plan for reinstatement  how does your change management work, why don't you just roll the map back pre riot implementation from your backups then fix the code on the test server. Many of us have paid accounts purely to play clan wars will there be compensation, why not do a complete map reset without the rioting code in it many would welcome a chance to start again.

Please provide us a firm date on when clan wars will be reinstated

Husper #27 Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20743 battles
  • [C-MAN] C-MAN

View PostVirtualgenius, on 30 January 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

How can you take a system offline with no solid plan for reinstatement  how does your change management work, why don't you just roll the map back pre riot implementation from your backups then fix the code on the test server. Many of us have paid accounts purely to play clan wars will there be compensation, why not do a complete map reset without the rioting code in it many would welcome a chance to start again.

I would assume rolling back to pre-riot would involve as much work as it took to implement rioting in the first place, which would take the teams work away from fixing the problems, and set everything back by months instead of weeks. And you get the clan wars for free. You choose to pay to get more exp, more tanks etc, not to get clan wars. Also, Wargaming is not in the business of making people sad, they make games, so I am sure if they would avoid stopping the clan wars for 2 weeks if they could possibly avoid it. Not giving a time limit would purely be because they do not know how long it will take, and do not want to say 1 week, when it may take 2. I never understand why people like yourself get so uppity, its like you are that arsehole at a restaurant who complains about the most tiny stupid stuff, seemingly just to beef up your own ego infront of the waiters.

Tanitha #28 Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostVirtualgenius, on 30 January 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Hello Virtualgenius

I provided an ETA in the OP.

Virtualgenius #29 Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 16437 battles

View PostHusper, on 30 January 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

I would assume rolling back to pre-riot would involve as much work as it took to implement rioting in the first place, which would take the teams work away from fixing the problems, and set everything back by months instead of weeks. And you get the clan wars for free. You choose to pay to get more exp, more tanks etc, not to get clan wars. Also, Wargaming is not in the business of making people sad, they make games, so I am sure if they would avoid stopping the clan wars for 2 weeks if they could possibly avoid it. Not giving a time limit would purely be because they do not know how long it will take, and do not want to say 1 week, when it may take 2. I never understand why people like yourself get so uppity, its like you are that arsehole at a restaurant who complains about the most tiny stupid stuff, seemingly just to beef up your own ego infront of the waiters.

Its a well known fact i am an arsehole and whether i get to play for free is irrelevant, its fairly obvious that there Testing / QA failed them and they had no roll back plan and they are cooking up a fix, believe it or not they are offering a service,  if i was to take your internet service offline and didnt give you a time frame to fix it I am sure I would hear you bitching down the phone at some point. All I am trying to point out is that better communication to the players would be nice also having better testing and QA and decent rollback plan scheduled into the change if it doesnt work roll it back. Also your the dumb schmuck at the resteraunt who orders steak and gets fish and doesnt say a word but just eats it.

Thanks TAN for the response and update

Edited by Virtualgenius, 30 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

Tanitha #30 Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostVirtualgenius, on 30 January 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

Thanks TAN for the response and update

You are welcome, and rest assured they have been advised of the player’s opinion that they need a clan wars test server of sorts.

Rumboy #31 Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 41872 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTanitha, on 30 January 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Hello Virtualgenius

I provided an ETA in the OP.

I note that said 1-2 weeks which we are a little over now.  I'm not complaining about this - you got to do what you have to do.  What I am requesting is a good 24 hours notice of when it is going to kick off again - notice to all clans. On the front page of the website, not hidden in some post etc.

Thanks

Ottomatic_Reiffel #32 Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

SealClub Number 6

• Beta-Tester
  • 24192 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
And a PM or email to clan commanders wouldn't go astray.

See no bots, hear no bots, speak not about bots

WoT's most dedicated players

Tanitha #33 Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Wargaming

• 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostRumboy, on 12 February 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

I note that said 1-2 weeks which we are a little over now.  I'm not complaining about this - you got to do what you have to do.  What I am requesting is a good 24 hours notice of when it is going to kick off again - notice to all clans. On the front page of the website, not hidden in some post etc.

Thanks

View PostOttomatic_Reiffel, on 12 February 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

And a PM or email to clan commanders wouldn't go astray.

Hello's.
All clans should have a representative in the Council of Armored Forces so they can be easily contactable through our forum and skype channels.
Please check with your clan that you have a representative which is easily contactable in such manner.

But yes it will be announced.
I'll try to organize enough warning for you, and hopefully that date will be fixed and announced soon.

Regards
Tan.

Rumboy #34 Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 41872 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTanitha, on 12 February 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Hello's.
All clans should have a representative in the Council of Armored Forces so they can be easily contactable through our forum and skype channels.
Please check with your clan that you have a representative which is easily contactable in such manner.

I'll try to organize enough warning for you, and hopefully that date will be fixed and announced soon.

Regards
Tan.

Thanks mate

Centurion_MK64 #35 Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 31632 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
I cant say how great it has been to be part of the Council of Armed Forces, the ability to have direct access to Tan and the rest of the WG crew is fantastic.

Join now!

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

Hipstad #36 Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 6257 battles

View PostTanitha, on 12 February 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Hello's.
Regards
Tan.
1-2 weeks we were told and now your saying the reopening date will be "announced soon. "  Just came to sea to play clan wars..wish I had of stayed at NA, plus all ive had since moving are lag issues, game freezes to which my tickets responses have done naff all to resolve. bwaahh

Edited by Hipstad, 12 February 2013 - 03:31 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users