er... i still seen a box after tried this

my sig also got HD buff ?

benlisquare #22 Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

First lieutenant

• 6015 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND

View PostWhooohooo, on 12 April 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

er... i still seen a box after tried this

Could you be a bit more specific? Would you mind posting a screenshot, or explaining what you did?

It's just so that I can figure out whether something's wrong, or whether something was done incorrectly, etc.

Is it a specific unsupported character that still displays incorrectly (like Arabic or something), or did you not install the font correctly and you're still seeing the standard font?
bad @ tonks
bad @ poasting
bad @ everything

benlisquare #23 Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

First lieutenant

• 6015 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND

View Postbenlisquare, on 13 April 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Could you be a bit more specific? Would you mind posting a screenshot, or explaining what you did?

It's just so that I can figure out whether something's wrong, or whether something was done incorrectly, etc.

Is it a specific unsupported character that still displays incorrectly (like Arabic or something), or did you not install the font correctly and you're still seeing the standard font?

And for the record, just in case my original instructions weren't clear enough, this is where the three files go:

Posted Image
bad @ tonks
bad @ poasting
bad @ everything

zionzz #24 Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13771 battles
  • [OPKAK] OPKAK
Thanks for the file, but using this the Thai font in garage is so small. Its hard to read. (This one look like when SEA still beta testing)

Is there a way to change font? I really want to see Chinese or Japanese font in game (rare tho.)

My setup here is load Thai font via launcher then copy/paste it in res_mods then change launcher to English.

for the comparison.
Posted Image

Posted Image

benlisquare #25 Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

First lieutenant

• 6015 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND

View Postzionzz, on 13 April 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Thanks for the file, but using this the Thai font in garage is so small. Its hard to read. (This one look like when SEA still beta testing)

Is there a way to change font? I really want to see Chinese or Japanese font in game (rare tho.)

My setup here is load Thai font via launcher then copy/paste it in res_mods then change launcher to English.

Sorry, I'm not able to modify the contents of the font file. The font pack was an existing package which contained sans-serif typeface fonts for Latin, Cyrillic and a series of Asian languages; it isn't something that I personally compiled. I notice that your Thai text is a serif typeface that appears slightly more spread out, which makes it appear as if it were larger; the sans-serif Thai from the fontpack that I have supplied has the same height as yours, but for some reason has much thinner letters.

Since I personally do not read Thai, I chose to use this fontpack because of its wide range of language support, and didn't really look too into what the Thai lettering/spacing was like. This fontpack was uniform in that everything was sans-serif and mostly readable for the other languages, which is one of the reasons why I recommended it to others. Sorry I can't really help you; there's not much I can actually do in regards to this. Though, after having a thorough google search, I don't think there is another WoT fontpack as comprehensive as this one, in regards to language support.
bad @ tonks
bad @ poasting
bad @ everything

benlisquare #26 Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

First lieutenant

• 6015 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND
If anyone wants to test the languages supported by the fontpack yourself, you can try the font out by copy-pasting the following text into the in-game chat for testing purposes. My advice is, try the font before you decide whether you want to use it, or stick to your existing font.Remember to back up your original font beforehand.

Supported languages:
Latin (English): The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
Latin (German) (with umlauts and eszett): Zwölf Boxkämpfer jagen Viktor quer über den großen Sylter Deich.
Cyrillic (Russian): Разъяренный чтец эгоистично бьёт пятью жердями шустрого фехтовальщика.
Simplified Chinese: 计算机科学是系统性研究信息与计算的理论基础以及它们在计算机系统中如何实现与应用的实用技术的学科。
Traditional Chinese: 電腦科學是系統性研究訊息與計算的理論基礎以及它們在電腦系統中如何實作與應用的實用技術的學科。
Japanese: 計算機科学とは、情報と計算の理論的基礎、及びそのコンピュータ上への実装と応用に関する研究分野である。
Korean: 컴퓨터 과학 은 계산에 과학적이고 수학적인 접근을 말하고, 특별히 계산하는 기계와 과정의 접근을 말한다.
Thai: เป็นมนุษย์สุดประเสริฐเลิศคุณค่า
bad @ tonks
bad @ poasting
bad @ everything

TovarishTony #27 Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Captain

• 16668 battles
  • [CCCP] CCCP
Even if we deciphered the boxes we still wont understand crap on that
Я помню! Я горжусь!

benlisquare #28 Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

First lieutenant

• 6015 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND

View PostTovarishTony, on 13 April 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Even if we deciphered the boxes we still wont understand crap on that

Refer to the samples above. View, compare and identify, just like bird hunting or dog breeding.

It sets off my OCD when players call Chinese players "pinoy scrubs", or something like that. Being able to know whether you have Japanese, Chinese or Thais on your team could save your life. I've personally been roflstomped by a Japanese clan before, during a tank company battle, they're quite formidable opponents, and a significant deviation from the common stereotype of "box speaking people".
bad @ tonks
bad @ poasting
bad @ everything

phutev #29 Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• 26617 battles
Wouldn't it make more sense to make some mod where it will run the 'international' text through a translation service so it appears in your desired language?

Certainly it might say jibberish like 'hill pat your mother' but at least you have a chance of interpreting something useful out of it.

Whooohooo #30 Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 15389 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL
sorry for late reply...

i placed a files in the same location like ur image
but i cant find dat box in 1392 replays   :ohmy:

my sig also got HD buff ?

KamiMoci #31 Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 10714 battles
  • [HARAS] HARAS
thx, now there will no mistakes between 555+ and chinese
althou it can be seen by their clans
blahblahblah

mttspiii #32 Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33662 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Postbenlisquare, on 13 April 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Refer to the samples above. View, compare and identify, just like bird hunting or dog breeding.

It sets off my OCD when players call Chinese players "pinoy scrubs", or something like that. Being able to know whether you have Japanese, Chinese or Thais on your team could save your life. I've personally been roflstomped by a Japanese clan before, during a tank company battle, they're quite formidable opponents, and a significant deviation from the common stereotype of "box speaking people".

SdRHB. And all those Chinese clans. Even in NA they're pro.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

TovarishTony #33 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Captain

• 16668 battles
  • [CCCP] CCCP
Weird thing about box speaking ppl 1 time they beg to our teammates that don't cap even though hes on our team yet he doesnt want to cap so I keep saying just cap then later on he threatens to shoot so I blocked him then the battle is over I got 1k+ exp while he only got 300 despite he got 1 kill
Я помню! Я горжусь!

slingy #34 Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9273 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Who needs box? I think my solution is better.

Posted Image

benlisquare #35 Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

First lieutenant

• 6015 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND

View Postslingy, on 16 April 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Who needs box? I think my solution is better.

It would be great if an auto-translate feature like that could be implemented in-game in the form of a mod or something.

For a dual monitor setup, I guess having a separate CLI window might work fine, but personally I would prefer it to be integrated within the game. Saves me the trouble of playing in windowed mode.
bad @ tonks
bad @ poasting
bad @ everything

benlisquare #36 Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

First lieutenant

• 6015 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND

View Postbenlisquare, on 16 April 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

It would be great if an auto-translate feature like that could be implemented in-game in the form of a mod or something.

For a dual monitor setup, I guess having a separate CLI window might work fine, but personally I would prefer it to be integrated within the game. Saves me the trouble of playing in windowed mode.

Oh, wait a minute - does that tool actually translate the chat in-game? Or are you supposed to monitor the CLI window for text whilst you play?
bad @ tonks
bad @ poasting
bad @ everything

slingy #37 Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9273 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postbenlisquare, on 16 April 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Oh, wait a minute - does that tool actually translate the chat in-game? Or are you supposed to monitor the CLI window for text whilst you play?

It changes the in game chat. The console is just up to show the original message.

benlisquare #38 Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

First lieutenant

• 6015 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND

View Postslingy, on 16 April 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

It changes the in game chat. The console is just up to show the original message.

Oh, noiiiice.

Is this your own private development, or did you find this somewhere? A google search for "WotTranslateMonitor" didn't really come up with anything.

I guess now that we can read what non-English folk are saying, a possible next step might be writing to people that can't understand English. Would it be a plausible idea to have a utility monitor the player's own chat for trigger commands, where it would then make an automatic translation into a target language? Something like this:

type"Capture the base, you scrub"
Benlisquare [SAUND] (Pz 1C): Capture the base, you scrub

type"{{en-th}} Capture the base, you scrub"
Benlisquare [SAUND] (Pz 1C): (Automatically translated from EN to TH) [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] (Capture the base, you scrub)

type"{{zh-en}} 快点打死KV-1,他在D4"
Benlisquare [SAUND] (Pz 1C): (Automatically translated from ZH to EN) Hurry up and kill KV-1, he's at D4 (快点打死KV-1,他在D4)

This is just a basic idea that just popped up in my head, after I saw the auto-translator.
bad @ tonks
bad @ poasting
bad @ everything

benlisquare #39 Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

First lieutenant

• 6015 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND
Huh? Still can't edit my own posts?

Just a clarification: What I mean by the above post is, since not everyone would have the mod/utility installed, in order to communicate with non-English speaking people, you would need to write in their language, because they won't have an auto-translator installed. One cannot assume that everyone would install such a tool, unless WG implemented it into the game itself (which I think might be somewhat unlikely, it probably wouldn't be a priority for them).

For example, on the EU server:

Polska1995 [PL1] (KV-2): siema pl?

With the chat translator installed becomes:

Polska1995 [PL1] (KV-2): pl - en: how are you pl?

So then you can reply:

Benlisquare [SAUND] (Hellcat): (Automatically translated from EN to PL) Niestety, nie mówię po polskiej (Sorry, I don't speak Polish)
bad @ tonks
bad @ poasting
bad @ everything

slingy #40 Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 9273 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postbenlisquare, on 16 April 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Oh, noiiiice.

Is this your own private development, or did you find this somewhere? A google search for "WotTranslateMonitor" didn't really come up with anything.

I guess now that we can read what non-English folk are saying, a possible next step might be writing to people that can't understand English. Would it be a plausible idea to have a utility monitor the player's own chat for trigger commands, where it would then make an automatic translation into a target language? Something like this:

type "Capture the base, you scrub"
Benlisquare [SAUND] (Pz 1C): Capture the base, you scrub

type "{{en-th}} Capture the base, you scrub"
Benlisquare [SAUND] (Pz 1C): (Automatically translated from EN to TH) [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] (Capture the base, you scrub)

type "{{zh-en}} 快点打死KV-1,他在D4"
Benlisquare [SAUND] (Pz 1C): (Automatically translated from ZH to EN) Hurry up and kill KV-1, he's at D4 (快点打死KV-1,他在D4)

This is just a basic idea that just popped up in my head, after I saw the auto-translator.

It's my own dev.

Yes, it is possible to send translated messages. I haven't tested it in-game, but I have written the code to do it.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users