Tank Company Frenzy 1St Anniversary Event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Wargaming

• 4565 battles
  • [WG] WG
Hi APAC..

Usually we hold a Wargaming Company battles event every month on the 4th Friday of each month.

The participation is high with 50-100+ quality teams participating each month against the WG team.
We know you want more to help boost the company battles system, so this month we will start providing that.

Instead of one company team this month each country will have a WG team made primarily of players (hand selected) from those countries.
This will enable us to field 6 teams instead of the usual 1.

We will also increase from the usual Friday night, to cover the weekend, the schedule is as follows.

Friday 26th April : Junior Company Battles 5:30pm -> 8:30pm SGT (UTC +8)
Saturday 27th April : Medium Company Battles 5:30pm -> 8:30pm SGT (UTC +8)
Sunday 28th April : Champion Company Battles 5:30pm -> 8:30pm SGT (UTC +8)

How to Participate?(Players)
Players are to form their own tank companies during the event timing with the listed game mode above and wait for the system to arrange a match-up against the WG Tank Companies. For our anniversary Tank Company Frenzy, we will be hosting 6 Wargaming Tank Company teams hosted by our community staffs.

Prizes
The prizes will also be escalated dramatically with additional prizes and competitions in place.
Players who win against the WG Tank Company will be awarded 2000 each and it is possible to accumulate this amount.
No prizes will be awarded for draws or losses

How to Participate?(WG Country Teams)

If you wish to nominate yourself for playing in our country based teams. please contact the representatives below.
Please note that players selected are usually well known to the community, have high win %'s, and have a track history of attending player events, competitions, Skype channels and generally have a past history of being extremely active within the community.

Tanitha = Australia Tank Company
Enforcer/Elphaba = Singapore Tank Company
Conan/Spotter = Philippines Tank Company
Ryzyz/Bohimien = Thailand Tank Company
LiquidSnake = Malaysia Tank Company
Hoha5432 = Taiwan/Hong Kong Tank Company
Each Tank Company commander will be selecting 20 players to represent the respective countries.
*Players do not need to be from specific country to join the tank company of the country.

Players who are in a WG country tank company are able to receive 2000 gold from defeating other countries Tank Company.
Additionally the WG Tank Company with the highest win % per day will be given a bonus prize.

Junior Tank Company Prizes (Friday) (Team with the highest win%)
1st: 5000 gold per team player

Medium Tank Company Prizes (Saturday) (Team with the highest win%)

Champion Tank Company Prizes (Sunday) (Team with the highest win%)

Overall Tank Company Prize Pool (3 days) (Team with the highest win% over the three days)
T59, or equivalent gold (7500)

*Please note players playing within the WG teams, need to attend all three days of play to be able to qualify for the prizes above.
Prizes will not be awarded to WG team players who are unable to attend all three days.

So if you are not doing anything already on our anniversary weekend, then start forming a team and have fun joining us in the company battles room.

*Edited 17th April 2012.

Regards
Tan.

Whooohooo #2 Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 15389 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL
oh nice

my sig also got HD buff ?

_Freshmeat_ #3 Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

First lieutenant

• 21843 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
ooooooo  this is gunna be FUN cmon tankers lets get into this

Protea141 #4 Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 16794 battles
Love this Idea.

Centurion_MK64 #5 Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 32214 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Sooo looking forward to this................

Maybe CW could "go down for maintenance" that night

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

Yorrick #6 Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 23904 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
noice

Tank Company Mercenary [TCM] A Tank Company,Strongholds,Platooning, Enthusiast's clan
We Play for Victory, Kill for Laughs, Die for the Team, Honour,Glory and a Bloody Good Time
Bringing together skilled Tankers, who want to play in skilled, friendly, competitive teams in Tank Companies, Campaign Clan Wars, and Platoons .Have you got what it takes to become a Mercenary? Skilled, Willing to learn/teach and play as a strong team with a Friendly Well Organised, United clan.RECRUITING NOW
check us out and apply here http://tankcompanyme...ary.shivtr.com/ to find out

aurora97 #7 Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36956 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
happy birthday to WG.net and many more to come!

General_Soulhunter #8 Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 22805 battles
nice

~chuck norris and superman once fought each other on a bet, the loser had to wear his underwear outside his pants~

Stasis #9 Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 16695 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I have yet to see juniors being played for any period of time as they are not popular, perhaps shift it to Absolutes? Or are you worried about the player base (Maybe lacking Tier 10s)?

Also, the people in the WG Companies....do they receive gold for defeating other WG Companies? How are the players for these companies selected?

Thanks Tan :)

Enforcer #10 Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 2592 battles

View PostStasis, on 11 April 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

I have yet to see juniors being played for any period of time as they are not popular, perhaps shift it to Absolutes? Or are you worried about the player base (Maybe lacking Tier 10s)?

Also, the people in the WG Companies....do they receive gold for defeating other WG Companies? How are the players for these companies selected?

Thanks Tan :)

The reason why we do not choose the absolute tank company is due to more than half of our player base have not acquire a Tier 10 tank.

It is also not restrictive unlike other modes which promotes strategic planning for usage of Tanks.

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !
And do like Enforcer's Facebook Page!

Grivyn #11 Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 30068 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
It wont matter the type of company, Players will soon form up as whatever tier company they see the WG ones on.

DragonQuan #12 Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 22117 battles

View PostTanitha, on 09 April 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Hi APAC..

Usually we hold a Wargaming Company battles event every month on the 4th Friday of each month.

The participation is high with 50-100+ quality teams participating each month against the WG team.

We know you want more to help boost the company battles system, so this month we will start providing that.

Instead of one company team this month each country will have a WG team made primarily of players (hand selected) from those countries.
This will enable us to field 6 teams instead of the usual 1.

We will also increase from the usual Friday night, to cover the weekend, the schedule is as follows.

Friday 26th April : Junior Company Battles 5:30pm -> 8:30pm SGT (UTC +8)
Saturday 27th April : Medium Company Battles 5:30pm -> 8:30pm SGT (UTC +8)
Sunday 28th April : Champion Company Battles 5:30pm -> 8:30pm SGT (UTC +8)

How to Participate?
Players are to form their own tank companies during the event timing with the listed game mode above and wait for the system to arrange a match-up against the WG Tank Company.

This time for our anniversary Tank Company Frenzy, we will be hosting 6 Wargaming Tank Company teams hosted by our community staffs.

Tanitha = Australia Tank Company
Enforcer/Elphaba = Singapore Tank Company
Conan/Spotter = Philippines Tank Company
Ryzyz/Bohimien = Thailand Tank Company
LiquidSnake = Malaysia Tank Company
Hoha5432 = Taiwan/Hong Kong Tank Company

Each Tank Company commander will be selecting 15-20 players to represent the respective countries.

*Players do not need to be from specific country to join the tank company of the country.

Prizes
The prizes will also be escalated dramatically with additional prizes and competitions in place.

Players who win against the WG Tank Company will be awarded 2000 each and it is possible to accumulate this amount.

Players who are in a country tank company are able to receive 2000 gold from defeating other countries Tank Company.

The Tank Company with the highest wins per day will be given a bonus prize pool.

Junior Tank Company Prize Pool
1st: 10000 gold
2nd: 6000 gold
3rd: 4000 gold

Medium Tank Company Prize Pool
1st: 12000 gold
2nd: 8000 gold
3rd: 6000 gold

Champion Tank Company Prize Pool
1st: 15000 gold
2nd: 12000 gold
3rd: 10000 gold

So if you are not doing anything already on our anniversary weekend, then start forming a team and have fun joining us in the company battles room.

More information to follow over the next couple of days.

Regards
Tan.

So if we are in the country Tank Company, every win = 2000 gold or do we have to fight with the other country tank companies to win?

Anyway, looking forward :)

Edited by Elphaba, 11 April 2013 - 09:17 PM.

AALG #13 Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Minsk Hitman

• Senior Moderator
  • 21512 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostDragonQuan, on 11 April 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

So if we are in the country Tank Company, every win = 2000 gold or do we have to fight with the other country tank companies to win?

You'll have to fight one of the other WG Tank companies to get the 2000 gold.
You don't get 2000 gold per win, just for being in the WG tank Company, in case you are handpicked for one of them.

I am ArmsAndLegsGuy from the EU and NA server, with a shortened name here.
(battle stats in the spoiler from the servers I have played on)

Spoiler

AALG #14 Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Minsk Hitman

• Senior Moderator
  • 21512 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Doublepost

Edited by AALG, 12 April 2013 - 12:04 AM.

I am ArmsAndLegsGuy from the EU and NA server, with a shortened name here.
(battle stats in the spoiler from the servers I have played on)

Spoiler

Bartlett #15 Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 21654 battles
Just like to say I reckon its awesome what you have all been doing with TC's and the events of late!

View PostTanitha, on 09 April 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Players are to form their own tank companies during the event timing with the listed game mode above and wait for the system to arrange a match-up against the WG Tank Company.

The Tank Company with the highest wins per day will be given a bonus prize pool.

Is it just the normal mechanic of TC's i.e. we all queue up and fight whichever random TC is assigned as our opposition as the comment half sounds like its an ordered queue

How do you determine a Tank company and hence its winrate? (name, by player creating it etc?)

How does the bonus gold get distributed to the members?

being that people will likely join and leave the tank companies through out the event period (typically a core group but I'd say at least 1/3 changes over the evening in most TC's I am a part of especially if you are trying to fit that extra person in a T1 for a bit until the next person leaves)

With that said what is to stop a TC rotating a large number of people through it (dropping 1 person each game in say an inconsequential tank ie a Tier 1 etc). I've played in over 30-40 TC matches during an event before (even with CW interruptions) in one of our eMPire TC's. The potential to rotate a large number through is there without really impacting on team cohesion.

Bartlett #16 Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 21654 battles
Because I can't edit ;)

View PostBartlett, on 11 April 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

How do you determine a Tank company and hence its winrate? (name, by player creating it etc?)

Win rate could also pose an interesting dilema as will it factor in/weight number of games (or a minimum threshold say) as you could just play 1 game win and disband for a 100% winrate.

Enforcer #17 Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 2592 battles

View PostDragonQuan, on 11 April 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

If you are in a WG Country Tank Company, you do not receive 2000 gold when you win against a player Tank Company.

You can receive 2000 gold if you win against another Country Tank Company.

Dont for

Enforcer #18 Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 2592 battles

View PostBartlett, on 11 April 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Just like to say I reckon its awesome what you have all been doing with TC's and the events of late!

Is it just the normal mechanic of TC's i.e. we all queue up and fight whichever random TC is assigned as our opposition as the comment half sounds like its an ordered queue

How does the bonus gold get distributed to the members?

being that people will likely join and leave the tank companies through out the event period (typically a core group but I'd say at least 1/3 changes over the evening in most TC's I am a part of especially if you are trying to fit that extra person in a T1 for a bit until the next person leaves)

With that said what is to stop a TC rotating a large number of people through it (dropping 1 person each game in say an inconsequential tank ie a Tier 1 etc). I've played in over 30-40 TC matches during an event before (even with CW interruptions) in one of our eMPire TC's. The potential to rotate a large number through is there without really impacting on team cohesion.

The Prize Pool is only applicable for WG Country Tank Company not player Tank Company.

The Winner of the Prize Pool is calculated by highest wins / matches played per day.

Normal Player Tank Company can win 2000 gold by winning WG Country Tank Company.

Dont for

djuice #19 Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 21783 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
How do we apply you join a WG company?

Is it invitation only?

_Horse_ #20 Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 50538 battles