Need Tips On How To Play Jagdpanther Better!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

ZeroPauper #1 Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Well yeah, I have been playing the german TD line for quite long now, although I'm not too active due to school I managed to make it to JagdPanther. I wouldnt say I'm a bad player, here's my stats for your reference.Posted Image

Recent match, thought I would share it, played with tier IX and yet I did the most damage -.-Posted Image

And should I get Ferdinand or Jagdpanther II? One major turn off for me are slow tanks, but is there any good points about the Feri?Thanks! :D

Edited by ZeroPauper, 30 April 2013 - 07:17 AM.

Mobius_One #2 Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Ferdi = A Sniping wall
JPII = For those who likes moving a lot

Edited by Mobius_One, 30 April 2013 - 08:36 AM.

gold_hack #3 Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Good thing about JagdPanther II its mobile hard hitting and hull down is important due to weak hull armour. having mobility mean extra chance of carrying and switching flank

Sgt_Nev #4 Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Basically speed and mobility or armor, your choice, Personally I'd prefer the Ferdinand.

Barasuishou #5 Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
This has been posted a lot of times before but to provide the information you need to know the JagdPanther, watch this whole guide well.

Barasuishou: Pitiful...

SilentKilla78 #6 Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Wow, you're doing great for under 2k battles! Much better than me. And JgPantherII or Ferdinand is literally armour vs mobility. The Ferdinand does have better gun depression a a decently better gun traverse arc, where-as the JgPantherII has a higher RoF and View Range.

~ELC AMX IS BEST AMX~

All solo pub :)

xAricx31x #7 Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Well i'd prefer a ferdi, you can use it to push effectively if you know how to, it has good frontal armor make even some tier  9s and 10s have difficulty hitting you on a  slope.

KIRITO_Panzer #8 Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Corporal

• 0 battles
Basically the jagdpanther , is a long range fire support vehicle , be a sniper first ,  and if it need be an assault gun second ( i would only recommend this if the enemy team has been reduced to half) . Now most people would say or probably disagree with me on the assault gun part , but with the 105 it is feasible depending on battlefield conditions.

As for the ferdi or jgpanther2? Personally i picked the ferdinand , since with the right angling you CAN bounce shots. I was able to survive three tier 8 and tier 9 shots just by doing so. But if you like running around the battlefield with speed and mobility , prepare to cry if you do use the ferdi , specially in stock configuration .
Spam , spam , spam , spam , spammity spam , spammity spam .

PizzaCat #9 Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

First lieutenant

• 0 battles
IMO, JgPanther II is better.. You have much better mobility than Ferdinand.. and slightly better RoF.

Ferdinand uses same chassis as Tiger P and has same hull weak spots in frontal armor that can be penetrated by a KV-1S on a medium or close range. Any experienced player can easily penetrate it.. not to mention the lower glacis is also weak. Ferdi's overall armor will be helpful in low tier battles and since premium ammo is available for creds some people will simply shoot gold at you. Addition to that, Don't forget about ARTY, Ferdi is one of the biggest arty magnet out there. Be prepared to get 2-3 arty shots every moment you are detected. Ferdi can't retreat like JPII.

One clan to rule them all, One clan to spam them, One clan to screw them all and in the noobness bind them.
-- J. R. R. PizzaCat

ZeroPauper #10 Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Thanks guys! I think i'll go with the Jagd II, it suits my playing style better!

ISG_Nisa #11 Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
JpII is superior in almost every way.

I'd recommend you deal even more damage every battle.

GG WP Taiwan
Slyfox best fox man

Isuzu_Hana #12 Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Major

• 0 battles
well, if u want to continue to Jagdtiger, it's better to go with Ferdie, since playstyle is quite similar. u have to be prepare to drive big, slow, highly armored, but arty magnet.........

JpII is better when u finally having JT / JPE in ur garage. not to mention, ferdie / JT / JPE have 6 crew members

"DOES SOMETHING LIKE ETERNITY... EVEN EXIST IN THIS WORLD?" THERE AS SOME PEOPLE WHO RAISE THAT QUESTION.
TO THOSE PEOPLE, I WOULD SAY, "THERE IS." (Sakagami Tomoyo)
~Tomoyo After - Dear Shining Memories~

ZeroPauper #13 Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostIsuzu_Hana, on 01 May 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

well, if u want to continue to Jagdtiger, it's better to go with Ferdie, since playstyle is quite similar. u have to be prepare to drive big, slow, highly armored, but arty magnet.........

JpII is better when u finally having JT / JPE in ur garage. not to mention, ferdie / JT / JPE have 6 crew members
Is the playstyle similar? Because Jagdpanther is quite moblie & feri is slow as hell?

nugimugi #14 Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• 0 battles
i like ferdi, its slow mobility prevent me for going to frontline too fast

no matter you choose prepare for rough grinding the last gun, use apcr often

Isuzu_Hana #15 Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

Major

• 0 battles

View PostZeroPauper, on 01 May 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Is the playstyle similar? Because Jagdpanther is quite moblie & feri is slow as hell?
i mean, ferdie playstyle is similar with jagdtiger and jpe-100

View Postnugimugi, on 01 May 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

i like ferdi, its slow mobility prevent me for going to frontline too fast

no matter you choose prepare for rough grinding the last gun, use apcr often
well, I didn't use apcr that often. AP should be fine. I got halonen medal in ferdie with 8.8 gun and normal AP though  :teethhappy:

"DOES SOMETHING LIKE ETERNITY... EVEN EXIST IN THIS WORLD?" THERE AS SOME PEOPLE WHO RAISE THAT QUESTION.
TO THOSE PEOPLE, I WOULD SAY, "THERE IS." (Sakagami Tomoyo)
~Tomoyo After - Dear Shining Memories~