Deadline for Application of Account Transfer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

Valyria #1 Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
Please note the cut off date of the application for account transfer to SEA from the other clusters.

Full news text

yoflaped #2 Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 8401 battles
  • [INDO] INDO
thanks for the notice new, one question, how to transfer the account that has been done, does not have ready for use now in SEA

Potoroo #3 Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 30456 battles
Why was 16 July chosen as the deadline when no decision has been made as to whether Clan Wars and event support for Oceanic players will remain on the NA server or be transferred to SEA?  The meeting in Minsk is not for another two weeks and until the decision is made and announced we cannot make an informed decision about staying on NA or transferring.

I hope this is simply a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing and that the deadline will be extended until after Minsk has decided which server will support Oceania. Anything else smacks of a tactic to pressure players into prematurely transferring which verges on being unethical.

Warning points are the new +1[

Starne said:

Ask not how you can die for your pubbies but instead ask how your pubbies can die for you!

Bearthoven #4 Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 603 battles
finally...

Richthofen #5 Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 26987 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI
Do I still need to wait a week after the deadline ? :Smile_unsure:

I already waiting from 2,5 weeks ago :Smile_amazed:
-- Do I Need to Kill them All to win this creepy battle --

Atomos #6 Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12900 battles
Here I Come SEA server :wub: . good bye 450ms ping

"Invincibility lies in the defence, the possibility of victory in the attack."

http://mwreplays.com/Atomos

Artemisinin #7 Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 10060 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPotoroo, on 13 July 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Why was 16 July chosen as the deadline when no decision has been made as to whether Clan Wars and event support for Oceanic players will remain on the NA server or be transferred to SEA?  The meeting in Minsk is not for another two weeks and until the decision is made and announced we cannot make an informed decision about staying on NA or transferring.

I hope this is simply a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing and that the deadline will be extended until after Minsk has decided which server will support Oceania. Anything else smacks of a tactic to pressure players into prematurely transferring which verges on being unethical.

When the syringe doesn't work, use the sledgehammer.

KnightWalker #8 Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 17008 battles
  • [INDO] INDO
umm question.

if i have A nick name in NA server transfered to B nick name in SEA. Which nick i'll get after transfer done?

AmazingSpiderman #9 Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 2326 battles
roll on... :Smile-playing:

Awarua #10 Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 14265 battles
Thanks for the whole 2 days notice

jacorin4 #11 Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 27491 battles
  • [RAAC_] RAAC_
might not be short notice.....but there are still a hell of a lot of ppl waiting to see how SEA goes,before deciding whether to move or not......

Moose5122 #12 Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 4278 battles
  • [PANZM] PANZM

View PosttrooperX, on 13 July 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

The application to transfer has been available for over a month, not really short notice.

The issue is not that the Application process was open for a month,.that is not the problem
The ISSUE is a deadline has been set with 2 days before it expires, with many clans on the NA server still awaiting clarification, and some questions to be answered by the WG general meeting in Minsk within the fortnight where all server branches will be attending

This just screws people over because previously there was no know Deadline...NOW THERE IS..with 2 days to decide

I dont know about anyone else, but PANZACS has some people who have "Gone Bush" or over in the MEAO for "Occupational reasons" and now we have to frantically try and source a reply from them when they maybe out of communitcation.

Request a Delay for a Week to the deadline while clans make their absolute final decision, or clans are going to be caught split in half

Just Like the Announcement of this Server on the NA server (Hell the world) the Dead line annoucement has come sudden, unnanounced and abrupt.

I have never seen a company so keen to shoot themselves in the foot

Edited by Moose5122, 14 July 2012 - 12:08 AM.

Mortein12 #13 Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 2687 battles
Its a bit more notice than what was given for the recent patches. But only just. Don't expect good communication from these guys. It hasn't happened yet.
CO SCAR/SCARX
Southern Cross Armoured Regiment

Currently recruiting players. No tier limit. Apply at; http://southern.enjin.com/
SEALEMMINGS are yummy

RazielKaine #14 Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 9892 battles

View PostMoose5122, on 14 July 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

The issue is not that the Application process was open for a month,.that is not the problem
The ISSUE is a deadline has been set with 2 days before it expires, with many clans on the NA server still awaiting clarification, and some questions to be answered by the WG general meeting in Minsk within the fortnight where all server branches will be attending

This just screws people over because previously there was no know Deadline...NOW THERE IS..with 2 days to decide

I dont know about anyone else, but PANZACS has some people who have "Gone Bush" or over in the MEAO for "Occupational reasons" and now we have to frantically try and source a reply from them when they maybe out of communitcation.

Request a Delay for a Week to the deadline while clans make their absolute final decision, or clans are going to be caught split in half

Just Like the Announcement of this Server on the NA server (Hell the world) the Dead line annoucement has come sudden, unnanounced and abrupt.

I have never seen a company so keen to shoot themselves in the foot

This is spot on, also there seems to be no confirmation the gaming experience will actually differ or be better.

Squares_McBlocky #15 Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [WPFC2] WPFC2
Clearly no thought was given... there's a Tourney going on on the NA server right now... why would any Aussie team playing in that transfer in the middle of it???

And to quote a post from elsewhere:

Tier 2-3 is amazing... it's like an anthropologist watching intelligent life start. Little robotic-like tanks racing off in random directions, or perhaps seeing one "find a way" and all running off gleefully following it... waving their little spears in the air.
Malinovka Assault (attack) at Tier 2-3 is still the most amazing thing to watch... watching this little herd of lemmings run straight at the water... hit it...and then spread out seeking a way 'across'... truly amazing.

Personally, I was considerring the move... but there's just too many unanswered questions, and there is an almost 0 chance of me moving across by myself without a bunch of my friends to platoon with.

The levelof FAIL on the SEA server is without compare.  I would recommend to anyone that has a clan going on the NA server, or even a bunch of friends, stay there... SEA is like going back to kindergarten...at first it's amusing, then it just becomes sad.

-G

PS.  08H30 in the morning and only 650 players online... ooh yeah... that's gonna be fun...
By 10H00 there were 820.  Most nights current sit at around 3k.
11H45 (AEST) : SEA: 1470... NA: 23500

Edited by Squares_McBlocky, 14 July 2012 - 09:44 AM.

RedWolfz0r #16 Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 8968 battles
WORST. CUSTOMER RELATIONS. EVER.

Here's what a company that cares about its customers would do:

Allow everyone on NA who wants to play on the SEA server to duplicate their account. Then when Clan Wars gets turned on, make people choose which account they want to keep (or just let them keep both, it's not like it's hurting anyone!).

Edited by RedWolfz0r, 14 July 2012 - 07:14 AM.

M0rdd #17 Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12320 battles
This is a terrible decision and will ultimately lead to some ppl quitting outright and bad PR in this region stopping new players joining. How could you possibly think this was good idea? Way to put a gun to our head - you're going to end up splitting clans in half as a result of this. Please for heavens sake do not do this.

FREE 20 slot Teamspeak servers (AU/NZ only) or Very Low Cost 40, 60, 80 or 100 slot Teamspeak

servers (anyone), or FREE 50 slot Mumble servers (anyone) available. **CLICK HERE FOR INFO!**

DeerHunter666 #18 Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 18913 battles
  • [FURY] FURY
What about Clan Wars!!!!!

FURY (Endless Fury) Beware the fury of a patient man!, RAGE (Endless Rage) So the rage of an angry man throweth mischief around him..., WRATH (Endless Wrath) The sharpest sword is a word spoken in wrath. 

VanPelt #19 Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 17780 battles
I have paid closer to $1k than $500 on this game over the past year. The only other game I've bought is Skyrim so I figure $100 a month on gaming isn't too bad. As someone who has contributed serious coin to this game I feel like I should have a bit of a say on this issue.

I can completely understand where WG are coming from in their stance in wanting to transfer players across to the SEA server. It makes perfect sense. You invest money in something, you want to get it up and running quickly (like Gold Coast or GWS getting the draft picks in AFL). The issue here is the way they're going about it is disgusting, unethical and completely fcuking over their players. You do not treat customers like that!

To force someone to move an account where they have been playing a game for a year, onto a lesser game (and it is a lesser game) is a joke. No CW, doesn't have the player base (admittedly moving players would increase the base), anecdotes of language issues, etc. I play in CW often, enjoy the friendships established through the other server and thoroughly enjoy being able to enter a battle quickly on the other server.

I don't think WG realise that players are happier playing with a ping of 250-300 instead of 100-150 if it means we get CW, fewer language issues and a larger player base. Chieftain was completely taken by surprise when he came over to Puka a few weeks ago. Not one single person out of about 50 put their hand up when asked if they wanted to transfer to the server due to these issues.

If the CW times are to be 10pm AEST, that will not see me transfer over. I doubt it will see a 60% of people switch over. Firstly, it screws over the Kiwis. 12am CW times suck. 11pm during daylight savings suck. 10pm at the best of times suck as that's when I'm likely to go to bed and I'm not being a comedian or smart arse here, but it will affect my sex life and I'm not transferring to a different server if this is going to be the case.

To give 2 days notice that you're turning off the tap when you haven't organised CW yet is pathetic. You should hang your heads in shame as your management clearly have no clue how to run the business. You've got a great product and all you've got to do is steer the ship. Well Captain Edward Smith, we're heading straight at that iceberg!

So in summary, no WG, I will not transfer my account. The way this has been handled is a joke. I'm not a bitching wellfare warrior but someone who pays your wages and keeps you in a job.

PS I'm a PANZAC who is out bush (luckily I'm not someone like Bruthane who just went to Afghanistan who you've really screwed over) using a really crappy internet connection whilst working in a fly camp. Luckily I could get just enough reception to post this.
Nothing settles a territorial debate like punching holes in armour plate.

VanPelt #20 Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 17780 battles

View PosttrooperX, on 14 July 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

It's quite simple, don't transfer then.

No it's not "quite simple" really. Some of my clan has transferred, the majority hasn't. We have strong friendships built up through the clan and the last thing we want is to get screwed over by one of the dumbest business decisions I've seen. You don't treat your clientele like this as they're the ones that keep you in business.
Nothing settles a territorial debate like punching holes in armour plate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users