From World of Tanks SEA to ASIA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
206 replies to this topic

Stealthinator #121 Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Hey, I call for a nationally televised apology by WG staff who have INSULTED all non-asian countries players within this server's area.

box box box box box

Edited by Stealthinator, 25 May 2013 - 12:38 PM.

mttspiii #122 Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
I suppose it would be easier to name servers per continent, as in NA [North America, even though it covers South America and Asia for a while] and EU [Europe], than to use the newer designation APAC. You didn't complain back in NA right?

After all, the name change is I think merely to ensure a deeper penetration into the virgin markets of Asia.

We could call it fleeting, we could call it....
Les love, les [REDACTED], les [REDACTED], les touch...

Xiee #123 Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 0 battles
So it's ASIA now?

Kayneth #124 Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
I live in India and will continue to call the server WoT:APAC regardless of whatever on earth WG decides to name it.

DAS ENDE.

Karlsland Original!

REMEMBER WITH GREAT INEPTNESS AND BADNESS COMES NO RESPONSIBILITY!

SSDA is Dead!!!oneone

dead_man_walking #125 Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• 0 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 25 May 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I suppose it would be easier to name servers per continent, as in NA [North America, even though it covers South America and Asia for a while] and EU [Europe], than to use the newer designation APAC. You didn't complain back in NA right?

After all, the name change is I think merely to ensure a deeper penetration into the virgin markets of Asia.

Actually we did - as the web sites would tell us we were optimised for the NA server, we would raise our voices about issues that affected the PAC region countries.
We were told come to the server formally known as SEA to get support as support on the NA server for the PAC countries was ending.

When the name change was first announced to APAC it made sense, it suited ALL the regions that the server supports.
The backflip to being ASIA only does not suit all the regions that the server group states that it supports.

_Barkhorn_ #126 Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Kartoffeljäger

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Will I need language lessons now that Aus/NZ has been taken over by Asia?
http://i.imgur.com/kIzQLjR.png

Panther2NZ #127 Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAfrika_Korps, on 25 May 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Finally the right thing.............. :)

SEA to ASIA to include us all...........

SEA excluded the AUS-NZ region and us in India, China and other Asian Nations

PAC still had us missing; but now ASIA has us all in it................. Thankyou WG

explain how ASIA is includes all of its player base?

Ottomatic_Reiffel #128 Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

SealClub Number 6

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Even support seems confused if the replies in http://forum.worldof...-other-regions/ are accurate.

I've PM'd Tan about it but he hasn't been online in over a week. Are there any actual WG staff around who can explain what's going on?
"tank destroyers Marder III, Dickermax, Nashorn, Sturer Emil, Jagdpanzer E-100 - Q4 2011"

Silentkiwi #129 Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMick42, on 24 May 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Anyone else notice that the announcement on the portal is now about the server being renamed to ASIA, not APAC?

:facepalm:

Chappo #130 Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Captain

• Forum Moderator
  • 0 battles

View PostOttomatic_Reiffel, on 27 May 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Even support seems confused if the replies in http://forum.worldof...-other-regions/ are accurate.

I've PM'd Tan about it but he hasn't been online in over a week. Are there any actual WG staff around who can explain what's going on?
Last I heard (last week) it came from the top down, I think the local WG guys were seeking clarification etc... so watch this space I guess.
Spoiler

NZSnipes #131 Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
I hope they revert it..

Politx_killer #132 Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
So wtf are we called now? WoT - APAC or WoT - Asia? The latter is generally a kick in the face to Aussies and NZ + India etc. why not just say Aus/NZ are really not that important (re gold distribution on CW map) yes I get that Asia is the bigger/better market, but we are not formally part of Asia are we?

Cannot it not just be called WoT - Southern hemisphere or WoT - Asia and others.

Ottomatic_Reiffel #133 Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

SealClub Number 6

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostChappo, on 27 May 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Last I heard (last week) it came from the top down, I think the local WG guys were seeking clarification etc... so watch this space I guess.
So it's Minsk's fault again :facepalm:
"tank destroyers Marder III, Dickermax, Nashorn, Sturer Emil, Jagdpanzer E-100 - Q4 2011"

Stasis #134 Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Cheers for the slap fellas.

WG: Changes name to incorporate all regions, then decides.. wait! No! Let's just exclude these regions, they don't matter!

Silentkiwi #135 Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostChappo, on 27 May 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

For what it is worth, APAC or variant thereof (eg ASIAPAC) would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Yorrick #136 Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Captain

• 0 battles
APAC sounds good we use to call SEA players [Content removed]

now we can say A PAC of [Content removed]

we will all be a pack of [Content removed] now cool :unsure:

Derogatory comment. Content removed, user sanctioned.

If you wish to censor a word, censor all of it- not just a single letter.

~Mick42.

Edited by Mick42, 28 May 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Tank Company Mercenary [TCM] A Tank Company,Platooning,Enthusiast's clan
We Play for Victory, Kill for Laughs, Die for the Team, Honour,Glory and a Bloody Good Time
Bringing together skilled Tankers, who want to play in skilled, friendly, competitive teams in Tank Companies, Campaign Clan Wars, and Platoons .Have you got what it takes to become a Mercenary? Skilled, Willing to learn/teach and play as a strong team with a Friendly Well Organised, United clan.RECRUITING NOW
check us out and apply here http://tankcompanyme...ary.shivtr.com/ to find out

Travlla #137 Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Asia WTF? thought it was gonna be APAC,really does the left hand know what the right hand is doing at WG SEA,APAC Asia ?Another slap in the face for Aus/Nz ,really getting over this,come to SEA they said,will be great for Aussie's and Kiwi's they said,what a joke  :angry:

Trav

“Above all others I pity the homeless: where can they go to masturbate?”
Robert Clark

Fronturlauber #138 Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Corporal

• 0 battles
Please make server transfers possible!

No excuses here, technical or whatsoever. It is about time. Other MMOs can do as well. Budget must be there as well.

Tanitha #139 Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostOttomatic_Reiffel, on 27 May 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Hello Otto, I was around, but when on the road (usually in meetings) I don't get the opportunity to reply to the forums and stick to more mobile communication platforms.

Yes there was a short period of time where WG were preparing to rename this server from SEA to APAC, so now for a little while you will find all three SEA/APAC/ASIA in use as we continue to officially swap to ASIA. Renaming takes a lot of preparation in the way of artwork, URLs, partnerships, etc etc so its not something that is done instantly.

As the announcement reads now, this server will be renaming from SEA (South East Asia) to Asia, which is the geographic location of the server.
Also as per the announcement the server services Australia and New Zealand commonly referred to as the Oceania Region

The fact that Pacific will not be included in the naming of the server, does not alter our continued support for Australia and New Zealand.
Please note, that Pacific isn't an ideal word to describe Australia and NewZealand anyway, as the term often also covers USA, Russia, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Etc, which are also located in the Pacific.

The Asian server will continue to be the best WG server for the AUS/NZ population as well as the Asian population, as the server provides a closer server (Singapore / better pings / especially now that the AUS->SING cable is finally fixed), Timezone support (Activities at an accessible timezone, Clanwars, Clanwars Campaigns, Hunt us Down, Tank Company Frenzy, Last Tank Standing, a flurry of competitions, Huge Esports Leagues, customer support,etc) and local staff for on the ground penetration, as well as local language and culture support.

We hope to continue to look after the entertainment aspect of your lives, for Aus and NZ and the Asia region, even though AUS and NZ are not in the server name.

Best Regards
Tan.

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit WG on Facebook and Twitter !
And add me to your friends list on facebook too Tanitha's Facebook

Silentkiwi #140 Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Thanks for the update Tan.  Whilst we are passionate about having NZ/Oz represented in the name, sometimes convenience/practicability wins the day.

We will expect a big reward on June 1 to NZ/Oz players to represent the sacrifice that we are making. :teethhappy:

Edited by Silentkiwi, 29 May 2013 - 02:17 PM.