• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4563 battles
  • [WG] WG
Friendly Fire & Team Kill Auto System
The automated Friendly Fire and Team Kill system was first introduced into World of Tanks back in April 2011, since its introduction there has been many tweaks and adjustments so it's time for an update of how the system works.

Friendly Fire Tracking.
There are two systems for the tracking of Friendly Fire;
A Global Rating which tracks Friendly Fire from the account over a period of time, and a Local Rating which tracks Friendly Fire within a specific game.
What Counts as Friendly Fire?
All instances of Friendly Fire & Friendly Damage are tracked, except the following.
  • Self destruction / Self damage
  • Damaging of a player whose local status equals “Team-killer” (They are "Blue" in game)
  • Damaging of a player within the Training Room.

Friendly Fire Weighting.
Every Friendly Fire shot is not equal.
The auto system takes a huge number of factors into consideration to determine whether a friendly fire shot was accidental or deliberate and each shot is weighted accordingly.
For example Friendly Fire in or within the cap zones are weighted very heavily, similarly are multiple instances of friendly fire.
Ratios are also taken into consideration comparing friendly damage to damage done to enemies. Both locally (this game) and globally (recent gaming history)
Friendly Fire Sanctions.
Depending on the ratio's and thresholds mentioned above. when a player reaches a threshold they will turn "Blue" in game and can then be shot/killed by allies without that effecting the retaliatory FF/TK ratio's.
Slightly above the threshold for turning blue, is the Ban threshold, which once reached will result in a game ban placed on the offender.
It is very common for a player to turn "Blue" and then also be banned, it is also very common for a player to reach one of the ban thresholds and be banned without ever turning blue.
Blue Status.
As described above, the "Blue" status is a small section between being a normal account and being banned for excessive friendly fire.
If you have reached this "Blue" status in game, please note that your account is bordering on game bans being placed.
How long does the blue status last? It will last as long as your ratio's are at that threshold.
How do you revert back to normal? Play the game as normal, and damage enemy tanks to reduce your ratios.
Game Ban Sanctions.
Once an account has reached the threshold sufficient for sanctions to be placed, escalating bans will be issued.
  • 1 Day Game Ban
  • 3 Day Game Ban
  • 7 Day Game Ban
  • 30 Day Game Ban
  • Permanent Game Ban

Reporting Friendly Fire or Team Kills.
The auto Friendly Fire and TK system has been thoroughly tested and tweaked since its introduction in April 2011. It works and works well, taking into consideration a multitude of scenarios.
As such, no reports of friendly fire are required, nor are they accepted. All tickets sent to support reporting team killers will be replied to stating this fact with the player sent to this post for more information.
Similarly all disputes on FF/TK sanctions will also not be accepted.
As most of you are aware, there has been a complaints feature in game which contains an option for reporting TKers.
Thank you for using this feature in the past, it has helped us perfect the auto system currently in place. However as mentioned above, reports on Friendly Fire and Team Killing are no longer required or handled manually. So reports made for team-killing in game, will no longer be processed or required. It is planned to have this option removed from the in game reporting system in a future update.
Reporting Friendly Fire, or disputing sanctions for Friendly Fire within the forums are both against the forum rules.
Compensation and Penalties for Friendly Damage.
To avoid exploitation of the system, compensation for Friendly Fire you have received will be low, and in some instances may be nil.
To encourage players to take due care and abide by the rules, credit penalties for Friendly Fire are high.
The credit compensation you receive is not directly related to the penalty paid by the offender.
Public Tests.
Support is not available for the Public Test server. This includes reports of rule violations.
The auto system handles friendly fire on the Public Test server the same as it handles it on the retail servers (as described above)
Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

MessyMix #2 Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Guardian of Expired Meta

• Beta-Tester
  • 7767 battles
Awesome! so a re-introduction of 8.0? Will abuse of physics now be covered though? cuz its 8.7 already, (well, nearly.)
ohai

Tanitha #3 Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4563 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostMessyMix, on 25 July 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Awesome! so a re-introduction of 8.0? Will abuse of physics now be covered though? cuz its 8.7 already, (well, nearly.)

Work on physics abuse detection has progressed and was automated in a recent update.
I've altered the document.

Thanks.
Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Death2846 #4 Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

Major

• 21279 battles
Wow... thanks for this.
It's useful to know more about this system since there are too many TKers.

And thanks for telling us that manually reporting won't do anything.
That way I can use it on bots/AFKers instead - which is probably better in some ways.

iamshadow #5 Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20412 battles
Hm. Well, at least I can save the 5 complaints for different offenses then.

SAB0T #6 Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 12514 battles
  • [NARC] NARC
How does this system cope with idiots who grief you by consistently moving in front of your tank when firing until you kill them?  I had one guy do this to me recently and he was overjoyed when I killed him: "Hahahaha, now your a teamkiller.  Someone please kill the team killer", and so on for several minutes until he realised that I did not turn blue and everyone was ignoring him.  I reported the player via the in-game report system, but this event has moved me closer to the "threshold".

KEEP CALM AND LOAD GOLD

xanders #7 Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Corporal

• 16983 battles
  • [-PH-] -PH-
I've been banned/blocked for saving myself from my own team. One of my teammate is pushing me from the cliff and from the enemy sight, I've been shot several times by the enemy and I still live and have escaped with very low hitpoints from the enemy and from my teammate. Then I get back on my teammate and shoot him in the back and killed him. I've experienced this many times, team bullying, for example, my JgPanther II and I was pushed by E100(Huge tank) and the enemy killed me. Bullies didn't shoot or killed us but they are the reason why we died in the game. And when you killed the bullies, your the one who's gonna pay for it. And also, there is this one tank who's gone mad and killing my teammates, he already killed one and started shooting me, I know he's gonna kill me so I run away from him and he chased me while shooting at me. I can't run away from my own teammate for the rest of the game, I know I can still contribute something for my team and staying alive is my only option so I've killed him.

I don't know how WG going to fix this kind of situations. I am not a team killer but I'm just saving my ass and saving the whole team to victory.
I am aware on the rules and regulations of the game and I accept being banned/blocked, because I know in myself I've killed my own team.

I hope it's GG(Good Game/Great Game) every end of game.

coolio012 #8 Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Private

• 32883 battles
[Content removed] this system.... why dont create a system to ban noob... pushing out ally.... there is lots of [Content removed] noobs in this [Content removed] game... and [Content removed] th hell for banning me... why didnt the [Content removed] u ban those [Content removed] ....i'm so [Content removed] piss of....spending so money to this [Content removed] game... create something to ban those idiot player plz ... if u wanna make money out of me...
Profanity. Content removed, user warned.
~Mick42.

Centuras #9 Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 3510 battles
What about friendly fire which doesn't do HP damage? I've recently been in a game in which a 'friendly' blew out my tracks repeatedly (without causing HP damage) and so no compensation was awarded. Does the system track such cases of friendly fire?

Edited by Centuras, 17 September 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Mick42 #10 Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Major

• 12772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCenturas, on 17 September 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

What about friendly fire which doesn't do HP damage? I've recently been in a game in which a 'friendly' blew out my tracks repeatedly (without causing HP damage) and so no compensation was awarded. Does the system track such cases of friendly fire?
I believe that falls under more griefing than team damage, akin to pushing or blocking. Submit a replay to support at https://asia.wargaming.net/support

Check out my Minion's voice mod!

Spoiler

Spoiler

_Noble_Wolf_ #11 Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

Corporal

• 15682 battles

View Postcoolio012, on 15 September 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

[Text Removed] this system.... why dont create a system to ban noob... pushing out ally.... there is lots of [Text Removed] noobs in this [Text Removed] game... and [Text Removed] th hell for banning me... why didnt the [Text Removed] u ban those [Text Removed] ....i'm so [Text Removed] of....spending so money to this [Text Removed] game... create something to ban those idiot player plz ... if u wanna make money out of me...
Well with that attitude of yours, i'm not surprised that you got banned. Pfffft..... :trollface:
Minus 1 rude player in WoT.   :teethhappy:
Quote edited for content
~Centurion_NZ

Edited by Centurion_NZ, 06 October 2013 - 05:26 AM.

goshman #12 Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Private

• 11121 battles

View Postxanders, on 22 August 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

I've been banned/blocked for saving myself from my own team. One of my teammate is pushing me from the cliff and from the enemy sight, I've been shot several times by the enemy and I still live and have escaped with very low hitpoints from the enemy and from my teammate. Then I get back on my teammate and shoot him in the back and killed him. I've experienced this many times, team bullying, for example, my JgPanther II and I was pushed by E100(Huge tank) and the enemy killed me. Bullies didn't shoot or killed us but they are the reason why we died in the game. And when you killed the bullies, your the one who's gonna pay for it. And also, there is this one tank who's gone mad and killing my teammates, he already killed one and started shooting me, I know he's gonna kill me so I run away from him and he chased me while shooting at me. I can't run away from my own teammate for the rest of the game, I know I can still contribute something for my team and staying alive is my only option so I've killed him.

I don't know how WG going to fix this kind of situations. I am not a team killer but I'm just saving my ass and saving the whole team to victory.
I am aware on the rules and regulations of the game and I accept being banned/blocked, because I know in myself I've killed my own team.

I hope it's GG(Good Game/Great Game) every end of game.

I know how you feel.  Yesterday two minutes into El Halluf a KV1 pushed my Stuglll through a bush and over the cliff.  It was that moment when enemy begin to appear on ridges across the valley.  Two shots and the Stuglll can die in this instance.  I was so pissed at this guy for compromising my tank I turned around and shot him in the face.  And the bugger fired back till I was down to about 33%.  I got his name and the time the game started.  But apparently there is nothing that can be done about this kind of situation?

Same thing happened in Abbey.  I was in a T34 or Type T34 and a KV1 pushed me through a bush and down the hill.  Also Yesterday.  And also the start of a battle.

This is a very direct way to kill a friendly and should be considered more of a priority than some slur, although that is annoying.

goshman #13 Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

Private

• 11121 battles
I must add I never intentionally shot a friendly before yesterday but it was a particularly bad day.  Not only did the two KV1s do the old heave Ho but also a friendly spg killed my T57 and turned blue after he did this.  I think he was an SU26.  So the El Halluf incident was the third one yesterday and that was the final straw.

Tjia_Red_Guard #14 Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22651 battles
  • [T1G3R] T1G3R
today i kill 2 an idiotic player they making my team chaos then i try to stop them but they shoot me! then i killed 2 bloody tank in my own team but why only me become a blue account i cant accepts that how this WOT can punish such player then why me?  i try to stop them then they try to kill my other team mate if i not  shooting back they may killed me, today is bloody days for me i never ever kill team mate like that before, please understand how i feel now i never got blue color on my account ...

Edited by Tjia_Red_Guard, 13 October 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Tjia_Red_Guard #15 Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22651 battles
  • [T1G3R] T1G3R
how i can put my reply on this forum??

Centurion_IRL #16 Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 29726 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostTjia_Red_Guard, on 13 October 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

how i can put my reply on this forum??

Your questions were answered in the other forums I sent you this link so you could read how the system works. Lots of us go blue at some point. Stop posting and go out and damage enemy tanks the blue will go away.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

Tjia_Red_Guard #17 Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22651 battles
  • [T1G3R] T1G3R
thx centurion ^^

DanLBob #18 Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25670 battles
So now that damage while tracked is included in scores does it also factor into FF/TK calculations? I may have on occaisions loaded up HE and tracked an AFK teammate after a few minutes. Depressingly more than half the time they up and drive off to the battle imediately afterwards. A couple of days ago I had an SU-85 following my -85B around the map pushing me out of cover everytime I took up a fire position. Three times he did it and i drove of to another spot. Fourth time, with the enemy closing in, I shot out both his tracks and left him to the enemy. They focused on him nicely while I got in some good shots on them. I wonder if I got credited with FF/TK tracking damage on him?

Dan

damz001 #19 Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Private

• 1874 battles
What if He hits ME and ill hit him Back what penalty you will give   :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:

Spartan_234 #20 Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Private

• 17035 battles
ive never seen this system work in game even if someone kills his teammate the person gets a blue :arta:  name rarely

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users