IS7 newIS7 tierX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Ulan1001 #41 Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Corporal

• 17263 battles
  • [RATZ] RATZ

View PostBasher515, on 04 August 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

^ Totally agreed. You'll waste a lot of credits, as you'll be ineffective for your team with an untrained crew.

With the IS-7, you'll lose some mobility as compared to the IS-8, but is compensated by that incredible bouncy frontal and side armor. Most enemies will now try to aim at your lower glacis, so try to hide that all the time. As you've learned from the IS-3, you don't need to angle your IS-7 because of the pike nose it has. However, you can now use the side armor to soak up shells, so you can use reverse peek-a-boo method.

You are a spearhead, able to lead assaults with your good mobility and armor.

You have a powerful gun, but has less RoF and penetration than IS-8's top gun. A damage of over 500+ is now common.

The IS-7 has surprisingly good gun depression for a russian tank. With it's really really tough turret, you can go to some locations and perform a hull down.

Facehugging is also an applicable method for the IS-7. Facehugging will prevent your lower glacis to be shot, making your tank incredibly hard to penetrate. However, only do that if you only have one enemy or you'll simply be surrounded.

That's it for me, I think.
Tnx for the advice :smiles:

Brotherlon3 #42 Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 19277 battles
  • [AUSE] AUSE
Always close the distance if you can.. Gun doesnt cut it for sniping.

Side scraping works well too

Against average player, angle slightly, they wont knw that they can pen ur now exposed ufp

Against good players, dont angle and hide ur lfp, drive up to a ledge or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users