Word filter for 8.8?

Mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

__Minion__ #1 Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

First lieutenant

• 8106 battles
  • [MISC] MISC
Reading over on "For the Record" about a lack of a Word filter for Update 8.8. Can I use the one which is linked there, or are they server related? Conversely, what do I need to edit the new (empty) word list?

(I'd be just copy / pasting from the old world list from the res folder in the 8.7 version).

We've got a couple of pairs of dad's and their kids playing in our clan, so it would be nice to have a slightly cleaner version of chat, rather than the unexpurgated version. Some of you gentlefolk are rather potty mouthed.

It's all shits and giggles, until someone giggles and shits 

My personal philosophy is finely nuanced, thank you.

lollipopkan #2 Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Sergeant

• 4695 battles
Nice....Now i will more seldom see **********

View PostATT109, on , said:

Since this is the ASIA server, I wouldn't be surprised that even the best players would RAGE a lot in this game. It is inevitable cause the player base here are mostly donkeys:tongue:
[/quote]

Masterstealth #3 Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 6543 battles
I think you misunderstand

That is a fix for people unable to DISABLE the word filter not a fix to make the censorship more effective

Gamertech #4 Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8173 battles
  • [AMPC] AMPC
There is a anti-chat spam/filter mod available for 8.8. I have it in my mod pack with just the spam function enabled but it has a decent word filter in it which can be enabled, only works in battle though, not in general chat.

Mod on it's own
http://forum.worldof...tispam-v23-119/

Or if you want my full modpack with the filter in it to make the game look prettier and add some nice features
http://forum.worldof...od-pack-for-88/

"Warning: Possible side effects of playing World of Tanks SEA include but not limited to; hair loss, uncontrolled rage, diminishing intelligence, suicidal tendencies and loss of faith in humanity"
"Wargaming.net does not accept any responsibility for damaged or destroyed computer equipment or keyboard/desk/hand imprints in foreheads as a result of rage or disbelief caused by World of Tanks SEA"
"Disclaimer: The multiplayer experience may vary, unless you are playing in pubs in which case you will have the same suicidal lemming team every game."

"Wargaming.net advises that if you choose to play during 3x or 5x xp events you lock yourself in a room with no sharp objects, pets, grandmas or thermonuclear weapons within reach."

__Minion__ #5 Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

First lieutenant

• 8106 battles
  • [MISC] MISC

View PostGamertech, on 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

There is a anti-chat spam/filter mod available for 8.8. I have it in my mod pack with just the spam function enabled but it has a decent word filter in it which can be enabled, only works in battle though, not in general chat.

Already posted a link to that up in my clan's forums. Been editing it as you update.

View PostGamertech, on 17 September 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Cool. That will be good for folk that get lag from lots of mods. Ta muchly.

It's all shits and giggles, until someone giggles and shits 

My personal philosophy is finely nuanced, thank you.

Gamertech #6 Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8173 battles
  • [AMPC] AMPC

View Post__Minion__, on 17 September 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Already posted a link to that up in my clan's forums. Been editing it as you update.
Nice, cheers  :honoring:

Cool. That will be good for folk that get lag from lots of mods. Ta muchly.

You're welcome  :smile:

"Warning: Possible side effects of playing World of Tanks SEA include but not limited to; hair loss, uncontrolled rage, diminishing intelligence, suicidal tendencies and loss of faith in humanity"
"Wargaming.net does not accept any responsibility for damaged or destroyed computer equipment or keyboard/desk/hand imprints in foreheads as a result of rage or disbelief caused by World of Tanks SEA"
"Disclaimer: The multiplayer experience may vary, unless you are playing in pubs in which case you will have the same suicidal lemming team every game."

"Wargaming.net advises that if you choose to play during 3x or 5x xp events you lock yourself in a room with no sharp objects, pets, grandmas or thermonuclear weapons within reach."

Aiushtha #7 Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

First lieutenant

• 16127 battles
  • [VIVY] VIVY
**** ***** ****  **  ******* **?
Joking~ this is another way to fix it http://ftr.wot-news....ord-filter-fix/ ~ :3

Edited by Aiushtha, 20 September 2013 - 06:56 AM.

Gamertech #8 Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8173 battles
  • [AMPC] AMPC

View PostAiushtha, on 20 September 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Joking~ this is another way to fix it http://ftr.wot-news....ord-filter-fix/ ~ :3

Got to read it mate, he's not trying to disable it, he's trying to make the censor work even better.

Aiushtha #9 Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

First lieutenant

• 16127 battles
  • [VIVY] VIVY

View PostGamertech, on 20 September 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

Got to read it mate, he's not trying to disable it, he's trying to make the censor work even better.
Its not. I did it~and my filter problem is fixed.

Gamertech #10 Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8173 battles
  • [AMPC] AMPC

View PostAiushtha, on 20 September 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Its not. I did it~and my filter problem is fixed.

How nice... Now, considering Minion has a completely different problem to you... How does that help?

Also tagged with Mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users