Hits but no damage?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Hits but no damage? (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Experiences many hits(penetration) but no damage

1. Yes (36 votes [90.00%])

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

2. No (4 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Hide poll

ISG_Monoceros #1 Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Hi, Just curious.

I've been playing for quite awhile and I realized that as I get higher tier tanks, I tend to do no damage with penetration.
This is especially to heavy tanks. I'm using medium tanks btw.
The most weird one that i have is this - 7 penetration hits from my M4A3E2 with M1A2 AP rounds onto a KV-1 without a single hp reduced from the enemy.
I know it's possible to be module damage but 7 in the row?!
On average im getting 4-6 penetration w/o damage for every heavy tank =.=

anybody in the same boat?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
                                                                                                                                 -Albert Einstein-
*Finally Playing WoT on Maximum @ 80+ fps!*

aeuse #2 Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
shoot the back of Kv turret, especially the turret back door.

Yamaxanadu #3 Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Welcome to ridiculous penetration and module damage system.

To avoid such no-damage hit I suggest to learn where each module of each tank is placed. Especially outer modules tend to eat shells without damage.

DENOMEN_RU #4 Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
:Smile_great:

ecam #5 Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
And I thought the enemy tank has ability to teleport my shell.

CommanderMuerte #6 Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 0 battles
Posted Image

“Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital”

ThOrJaCk #7 Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCommanderMuerte, on 05 April 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

LOL!

LIKE+++

ToToFk #8 Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
crit hit mean you destroy or damage their module

but i've no comment on hit but no damage lol  :Smile_honoring:

in my oppinion ..... i guess you hit traget's track that already damaged  :Smile_sceptic:
Glad to meet you all :)

mig31foxhound #9 Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Frenchie of RTA2

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Sometime you're (un)luckily hit the track.

KouDy #10 Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Learn to live with that. I am getting such shots on the most ridiculous tank out there, like three times in row KV-1S when shooting it with my M103. Friends report the same. And sometimes happens to my enemies. Like they will shoot me, damage indicator is red but HP is full and no module is damaged. Doesn't happen that often but it does happen...

x_GaRRuK_x #11 Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

PAKU Commander

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
To the thread creator:

uhurm, maybe your tank's purpose is not to destroy the undamageable tank u are targetting, try scouting, capturing, they offer a medal for heroism and sacrifice too, coz with  just 1percent of hp of the KV left, chances are, it might knock you off.

Fill up an application here: http://clanbfg.org/join/

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Just Fun, Pure Gaming, Nothing Personal

<O

mochinawa #12 Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
I think that there are two possibility.

First, you use AP bullet. It is good at close range but suck at long range. (Damage penalty is quite harsh for this game especially AP bullet)

Two, Your luck just out. You may just hit an unimportant place like the tip of the track cover or something like that. (It will have penetrate effect but no damage at all)

My SU-26 was hit by AP bullet, it penetrate through both of my tracks with zero damage to my total HP.

To prevent penetrate without damage? Try to shot with HE bullet in long range battle. And switch to AP when you have to fight in close range.

(You can avoid bullet damage penalty this way)

Damage penalty - (For someone who didn't know about this)

AP is strong againist close range. Damage will be reduce by range factor and angle factor. 90 degree angle is the best angle to fire. (actually, armor is also one of the factor too but you should know that already)

HE is strong in every range (much lower penetrate power than AP, higher damage and can do splash damage) HE has splash damage, so, don't fire in very close range.

HE has lower damage penalty than AP. Because, HE didn't need to penetrate, what it need is just hit, bomb, and pray that the splash damage will grill them for good.

Read more about this at http://wiki.worldoftanks.eu/Ammo and http://wiki.worldoft...uracy_Penalties

Congratulations, you are now a World of Warplanes test pilot!

This means that you can participate in Closed Beta Testing and test out dozens of military airplanes. But most importantly, you will be able to contribute to the process of perfecting the game, reporting bugs and errors, helping optimize gameplay and game balance, and preparing the project for the Open Testing stage.

DeathAwaitsU #13 Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
THIS IS A FAMOUS TOPIC ON ALL SERVERS!!!

cyprean #14 Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
Yep I experience this often with say AMX38. Hit them 5 times and each time penetration or "it went right through" or other comments and 0 damage

bugged game.

worldoftanks12 #15 Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
I experienced penetration but no damage too. It says "penetration" but the enemy tank is still unharmed. Next time I think I would shoot at the bottom of the tank (not the back of the tank) but sometimes I just shoot at the back. :Smile_glasses:
Your task will be not an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well
equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

iamshadow #16 Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
It's fine by me. Just think that, you shot the turret, the bullet went through the other side trough a duct tape'd hole. So 0HP damage. LOL

Sharpy #17 Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
It happens too when i shoot with AP shell it says "penetrate right thru" but no damage but then i switch to HE shell and shoot almost the same spot, "wallaaa" when i heard my tank commander says "its gonna hurt" and whack up 30% of the tank HP. Call it a bug shots or what, i am not sure. :Smile_ohmy:

boomgoesmygun #18 Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles
It sucks, but WoT really dont care so u have to live with it.  Its  all about making money and U buying gold ;-)

ISG_Monoceros #19 Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postraf19, on 29 April 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

To the thread creator:

uhurm, maybe your tank's purpose is not to destroy the undamageable tank u are targetting, try scouting, capturing, they offer a medal for heroism and sacrifice too, coz with  just 1percent of hp of the KV left, chances are, it might knock you off.

just for your information, my T29 had the same problem. T29 is a heavy tank that is not exactly for scouting and KV doesnt not penetrate me and i can just ram it to kill if its 1%
and 1% KV is a 1 shot at long as i don't hit the front of the turret and if weird thing doesnt happen

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
                                                                                                                                 -Albert Einstein-
*Finally Playing WoT on Maximum @ 80+ fps!*

DaveRock #20 Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Sergeant

• Support
  • 0 battles
Penetration is calculated on the basis of these physical data: distance to target, shell penetration value, shell velocity, shell type, thickness of target’s armor, angle of incidence and others.

You can find more information on game mechanics using the link: http://wiki.worldoft...ation_Mechanics