Clan Wars: Campaign 2 Regulations

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

ContentWG #1 Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Click here to learn more about the Regulations for Campaign 2 of Clan Wars.

Full news text

Eltnot #2 Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 22443 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
This section of text disturbs me:

WARNING: In case of questionable situations, the Administration reserves the right to request replays,
    screenshots or other information connected to the situation. Otherwise, the Administration reserves the right to
                make decisions based on their perspectives regarding the situation.
This reads to me as a case of WG can't be bothered to write a distinct set of rules for the event, and are going to discredit results that they deem are not in the spirit of the event.  Pretty pathetic really.

R4Ging #3 Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 24975 battles

Rules of awarding players with Fame Points during the Second Campaign:
Fame points are given to players for participation in battles.
The base amount of Fame Points is equal to the sum of all battle participants’ basic experience (without bonuses for Premium account, specials or daily first victory rate) divided by 15.
Participating in battles in provinces (aside of revolts and landing tournaments) provides players an amount of Fame Points with x5 rate
Participating in battle for revolts and landing provinces provides x1 rate for Victory points. However, final battles with province owners will provide x5 rate for Fame Points.
By completing special and additional missions, as well as Second Campaign goals, players can increase the amount of Fame Points received.
The final amount of Fame Points received is determined after increasing the standard amount on all additional rates. Detailed description of coefficients can be found in description of each specific Stage. For additional details, please use the Victory and Fame Points Guide.
Fame points that were received by players for completing special landing quests, will be added with one time crediting after the end of the Second Campaign.
pretty sure that's not right.

I'm not MAD, I'm RAGING. alt account: Medicant_Bias

Bridgeburner #4 Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20378 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
So much work for a subpar E100.

Edited by Bridgeburner, 23 October 2013 - 11:34 PM.

CR/Drama connoisseur/enthusiast
Champion of Angsty Rageposts
xddded pants off

havoky #5 Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 42980 battles
  • [EXEC] EXEC
why do i have a feeling that this campaign will be disastrous!

especially for me

Its good to be mean, nobody bothers you with their shit

Lornitz #6 Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25452 battles

View PostEltnot, on 23 October 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

This reads to me as a case of WG can't be bothered to write a distinct set of rules for the event, and are going to discredit results that they deem are not in the spirit of the event.  Pretty pathetic really.

Almost all contest rules really have that provisions.
Because one does not die when he is killed. One dies when he is forgotten. That's why we will live forever as a legend

Mowie #7 Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 7062 battles
  • [AMPC] AMPC

View PostEltnot, on 23 October 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Why? If you have done nothing wrong then people have nothing to worry about.

Also what Lornitz said is true.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
The grass is always greener and the enemy tank is always better then yours until, you drive it!
NA and SEA server CBT Veteran and still have the tanks to prove it!

Cronium #8 Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

Sergeant

• 9115 battles
These quests concern me, as it seems possible you will get a quest that is extremely difficult to complete purely because of your timezone. ie, East based clans getting quests in the far West, and the 1 o'clock server timezone.

Ezz #9 Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73019 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostR4Ging, on 23 October 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

pretty sure that's not right.
Yeah but come on, copy and pasting then editing is hard work!

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Politx_killer #10 Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Lol they can request replays etc all they like, what if no one had "thought" to turn on replays etc? So know its basically tourney style passive play. Where a WG employee can just say "nope I think you cheated without any proof, that battle/s didn't count". Well played WG, well played.

Forever duelling with pistols for Reaps hat collection.

Also just for Feet

Ezz #11 Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73019 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
50Bs can carry real hard. So hard that I'm sure we'd be able to squeeze a few non carry tanks in there to make sure all our players get a run.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

wasaabi #12 Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22927 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
"Rules of awarding players with Fame Points during the Second Campaign:
    Fame points are given to individual clan members for participation in battles.
    The base amount of Fame Points is equal to the sum of all battle participants’ basic experience (without bonuses for Premium account, specials or daily first victory rate) divided by 15."

Does "all battle participants" really mean "all battle participants on your team"?  That is implied by the division by 15, but it is not clear.

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

Eltnot #13 Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 22443 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMowie, on 24 October 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

Why? If you have done nothing wrong then people have nothing to worry about.
Also what Lornitz said is true.
And what counts as doing something wrong?  It's not defined what that might be.  For all we know, taking in five tanks of the same type might be construed as wrong.  Why?  Because they haven't bothered to define what that might be.
Also, according to this, if you take in just one take and win, They get 1/15 of the fame points instead of full.  So if you win with say 10 tanks, you're at a loss, even though you may have legitimately beaten someone.

Edited by Eltnot, 24 October 2013 - 06:11 AM.

Politx_killer #14 Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 24 October 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

50Bs can carry real hard. So hard that I'm sure we'd be able to squeeze a few non carry tanks in there to make sure all our players get a run.
Too subtle.

Also just for Feet

Ezz #15 Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73019 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEltnot, on 24 October 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

And what counts as doing something wrong?  It's not defined what that might be.  For all we know, taking in five tanks of the same type might be construed as wrong.  Why?  Because they haven't bothered to define what that might be.
I'm surprised they haven't tried to create a rule that outlaws any diplomatic relations between clans in as amorphous a way as possible.

Edited by Ezz, 24 October 2013 - 06:39 AM.

Mowie #16 Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 7062 battles
  • [AMPC] AMPC

View PostEltnot, on 24 October 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

And what counts as doing something wrong? It's not defined what that might be. For all we know, taking in five tanks of the same type might be construed as wrong.

Are you serious?

If something doesn't feel right or goes against the spirit of the competition is a good start of something considered wrong.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
The grass is always greener and the enemy tank is always better then yours until, you drive it!
NA and SEA server CBT Veteran and still have the tanks to prove it!

R4Ging #17 Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 24975 battles

View PostEzz, on 24 October 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

T57 got more HP and can still be ****** ** **** * **** ****....

I'm not MAD, I'm RAGING. alt account: Medicant_Bias

Eltnot #18 Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 22443 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMowie, on 24 October 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Are you serious?

If something doesn't feel right or goes against the spirit of the competition is a good start of something considered wrong.
And point is that it is completely subjective.  It's your morals versus WG's morals except you don't know what they are.  This is why I'm saying that they need to define some of the things that could be construed as in breach of their morals.  Without that we have no idea, hence my example of the five tanks.

Ezz #19 Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73019 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Are you serious?
I'll come out there and say it...
Campaign 1 became a competition to see whether our alliance could indeed lock down the map. It sucked for other people. It sucked for us. But given the prize structure it was pretty obviously that was required.
WG provides the rules and gives us prizes. Competitors find the best way to win the prizes.
For mine it's the prize rules that don't feel right.

Edited by Ezz, 24 October 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Politx_killer #20 Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Are you serious?

Ah but here is the crux, what is the definition of "the spirit of the competition". The grey area is so huge it could cover Clive Palmers chins.

Also just for Feet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users