Akasha's treasure-trove of Wargaming exposure (WOTLeaks)

• Please log in to reply
2567 replies to this topic

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #321 Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:22 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

Just a question to help Define that 5% stat.

What is the OVERALL ACCURACY stat across ALL servers?

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

AKASHA178 #322 Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 44520 battles
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN

In the upcoming update we have focused on improving the previously introduced functionality, which were presented in the Spring – changes in matchmaking and arty. We will implement a few changes in high-tier tanks from the Chinese tree, add the first Polish tank, and a new training mode. We won’t forget about adding new HD vehicles.

What is it about the improved MM? Firstly, we changed the type criteria for vehicles. Now, teams will be more balanced in regards to TDs, LTs and SPGs through picking those vehicle types by taking onto account their place in the team lineup.
For example, if in one team a light tank is on the top of the lineup, the matchmaker will try to find a light tank to place on the top of the team in the enemy team. The previous matchmaker didn’t take that into account.

Arty will now be able to play in platoons again, however not more than one of those vehicles per platoon. The third change is about the way of sorting the vehicles of the same tier on in the team lineup. The details will come in the changelog.
What else will be changed for arty? Besides being able to play in platoons, aiming will be even better. There will be changes in the stun mechanics – stun assisted damage will now be counted towards a mastery badge. Furthermore we revised the Gore Medal requirements and improved the arty target marker interface.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Puggsley #323 Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:27 AM

Major

• 75882 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostAKASHA178, on 15 June 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

What is it about the improved MM? Firstly, we changed the type criteria for vehicles. Now, teams will be more balanced in regards to TDs, LTs and SPGs through picking those vehicle types by taking onto account their place in the team lineup.
For example, if in one team a light tank is on the top of the lineup, the matchmaker will try to find a light tank to place on the top of the team in the enemy team. The previous matchmaker didn’t take that into account.

I'd like that simple schoolkid approach to team selection. 

You pick 1, I pick one.......

How do you get one side getting 3 non platoon E100 and a Maus against 2 IS7, AMX50B and 113.

It might be nostalgia (or just senility), but I don't seem to remember quite the same level of poop stirring by MM in the good ole days

Ezz #324 Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 16 June 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I'd like that simple schoolkid approach to team selection. 

You pick 1, I pick one.......

How do you get one side getting 3 non platoon E100 and a Maus against 2 IS7, AMX50B and 113.

It might be nostalgia (or just senility), but I don't seem to remember quite the same level of poop stirring by MM in the good ole days

The 'clumping' of like tanks was always there, but i suspect the current 3/5/7, 5/10, 15 structure makes it more visible. It's one of the reasons i've never really liked these new arbitrary MM rules. Similarly WG seemed to have given up on balancing classes and feel balance thru MM is the way to go.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

AKASHA178 #325 Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Smurfette

• 44520 battles
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN

Q: First question is about premiums – why are newer premiums much better than old ones?
M: This is most likely about the Defender and Chrysler, well, we’ve worked on these vehicles while working on the Maus branch in parallel. The main idea was to return the role of armor into the game, since players were complaining that they weren’t able to tank as much on HT and that they’re getting penetrated all the time. So we hurled tanks into the game which were well-armored. The problem is that after many years of development and changes to the game, and the increase in penetration on tier 10 we cannot reliably tell how a tank will behave in random battles. Regarding the Defender, we’ve likely overbuffed it and thus removed it from sales for as long as it takes to change the matchmaker at minimum. A good example is the Type 59 – it’s a good tank after the matchmaker changes and became an ordinary vehicle. We might have overbuffed Maus and Type 5 (which will soon be nerfed), but this is the process of returning armor to the game. It’s a different story with the Chrysler. Statistics showed that it’s not overbuffed. Yes, it’s very strong at the front, but it pays for this with speed, bad depression, rear turret. All of this makes it unique and it’s a hard enemy from the front, but a normal tier 8 tank. We currently have tier 8 tanks which are quite weak for their tier and this is what we want to fix. I once talked about a pyramid shape, where tier 10 are at the top and after that, it’s only declining. Currently, there is a huge difference between tier 10 and 8 tanks. And we want to change that by buffing tier 8’s and lower.
L: We’ve realized that there is a bad testing process of new tanks and we’ll change that in the future.
M: Another problem is the rate of introduction of new changes. There were times where we didn’t have the chance to fix the mistakes of the last patch before a new one was due to be released. We really want to introduce many novelties, which the game really needs, but in the development process, errors do happen, and we’re currently balancing between new content and fixing the errors.
L: Long ago, premium tanks were a bit worse than their regular counterparts. We don’t want to work this way anymore where people who spend real money on a tank get “kicked in the balls”. It’s kinda unfair. So now we look at premium and regular tanks as equals. But sometimes, we make mistakes and I hope our viewers can understand that we do realize that we made a mistake and will be more careful with future tanks. But many tier 8 tanks will soon be buffed.
M: Yes, we have a list of tanks that will receive buffs very soon (one-two months) and yes, the KV-5 is in this list.

Q: Well, this leads to the next question: what will be done about old premiums?
M: Yes, old premiums will receive a buff. Some are easy and we’d like to keep the uniqueness of the vehicles, but sometimes it’s quite difficult.
L: As you know, some old premiums have a preferential matchmaker, which additionally interferes with rebalancing.

Q: Another question revolves around premium ammo. With new tanks, the need to use premium ammo seems to rise (for example Chrysler).
M: We try to balance premium ammunition with in-game economics and are currently thinking of removing the price in gold. So that this ammunition is simply a more expensive ammo type in the game. This would give us the option to vary the shell price more widely. But this is just a concept now.

Q: There were recently vast changes to artillery. What is your opinion on it right now, can we expect more changes?
M: Arty needs some minor corrections, but it’s looking good right now.

Q: When will the USSR buff come, for example IS-7?
M: This is planned in the next 2 patches.

L: Planned, but there are also many other tanks awaiting a buff.

Q: When will the Polish branch come and how will it look?
L: The branch will come, but we can’t disclose dates. We didn’t want to release it earlier since it would’ve been a copy of other nations.
M: We’re currently receiving projects from the Polish archives. When we have 10 tanks, we’ll start adding them to the game. But it’s very difficult to find something so we cannot make any promises on dates.

Q: Regarding matchmaker. The players really like the new matchmaker, but how does it look to you “from the inside”?
M: Well, it’s good, but we’ll have to work further on it, especially on low tiers.
L: Of course we have to work on the matchmaker. And we’re quite happy that the two problems players complained about the most – artillery and matchmaking – were basically solved in one patch. Of course, there’s still work to be done, but such huge changes have to be monitored, and if statistics and feedback show that something has to be changed, we’ll change it.

Q: Will there be changes to personal missions?
M: To put it bluntly, yes. We’re waiting for statistics and will work based on it.

Q: Regarding Ranked battles. Many like the mode, but the rewards are questionable – meaning the improved equipment.
L: Yes, we’ve noticed the feedback of the players. This is a test season. We’re trying many new things in it – matchmaking, ranks, economy, rewards and bonds. The best players can buy two improved equipments for bonds, and this is not much. Bonds are currently present in ranked battles only, but we have plans to include them everywhere else as well.

M: We can include bonds in marathons, and I think there are more possibilities to reward the player and give him something valuable.

Q: When can we see new modes in the game?
L: The 30 vs 30 test went well. We as well as the players liked it, but we can’t say when it’ll go live.

Q: When will new HD maps come?
M: HD maps will have to be implemented all at once. The render technology is done, we’re currently working on the maps themselves.

Q: Will TOG II be sold?
L: This depends on the region.

Q: Will there be platoons for more than 3 players?
M: Only in special modes.

Q: Will there be more fun-modes, like WoT 8-bit or Tank racing?
L: Yes, there will be such modes in the future.

Q: What about Sandbox, will it be continued?
L/M: Yes. It has it’s own capabilities and has already helped us greatly. It allows to try things out which may not appear in the game at all.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

AKASHA178 #326 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

Smurfette

• 44520 battles
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN
What is the advantage of the 3-5-7 template?

This template ensures enjoyable gameplay for all players regardless of their position on the team list. Each player can be useful and affect the battle outcome. Even if a Tier VIII vehicle fights against Tier X opponents, it can always find a suitable opponent to shoot or spot. In situations like these, you don’t need to guess where to find suitable opponents.

Why does the matchmaker create so many same-tier battles and so few 3-5-7 battles?

Statistically, this is not the case – the number of 3-5-7 battles is and was always higher than the number of one or two-tier battles. More than 65% of all battles fought in Tier VI–X vehicles are 3-5-7, about 25% are two-tier battles, and only 10% are one-tier battles.

Of course, some of you might have played several one or two-tier battles in a row and therefore have a different impression. Currently, we use a mechanic which attempts to limit the number of battles played at the bottom of the team list, but if waiting for a battle takes too long, the matchmaker will send players into battle regardless of their position on the team list. Between waiting for battle and actually battling, we always prefer the latter. Let’s battle!

SPGs and light tanks – they are everywhere, why are there so many?

Of course, right after the release of Update 9.18, there were many SPGs and light tanks per battle. However, we want to clarify that these high numbers of SPGs and light tanks only existed for a couple of days after Update 9.18 was released, as everyone wanted to try out the new and revised content in the game. After a month and a half, we can say for sure that the situation in Random Battles has not changed much in comparison to how it was before Update 9.18; everything is back to normal.

Take a look at the number of battles with SPGs:

Right after 9.18 Soon after 9.19
3 SPGs 25.35% 10.72%
2 SPGs 28.69% 24.38%
1 SPG 30.73% 38.40%
No SPGs 15.23% 26.50%

Below is the average number of light tanks per team:

Right after 9.18 Soon after 9.19
Battle tier VIII 2.31 2.39
Battle tier IX 3.11 2.63
Battle tier Х 2.87 2.36

Three SPGs per team — is this normal?

It is still acceptable. The number of battles with three SPGs is not excessively high, with about 11%. If you take a look at the tables above, you will understand the reason why you felt like too many battles included three SPGs per team, after the implementation of Update 9.18. Currently, the situation is different.

How is it possible that one of the teams has an SPG or light tank, while the other does not?

Before the release of update 9.18, we provided a series of articles about the logic of the new matchmaker (see on the right). In short: the matchmaker attempts to assemble teams, taking into consideration the number of tank destroyers, light tanks, and SPGs, as well as platoon players. However, if creating teams takes too long, the mismatch of one vehicle of these types is allowed.

In other words, battles in which one of the teams has a light tank or SPG while the other one doesn’t, are within the logic of the matchmaker, but less “fair” than we would like. For this reason, we improved the matchmaker some time ago, and tightened the team assembly criteria. As a result, the number of battles with a mismatch of SPGs, tank destroyers, light tanks, and platoon players decreased. We are going to make further improvements in regards to this. Stay tuned!

What about same-tier platoons?

Those will stay as they are. There are many reasons for this, but please see the most important two:

First of all, same-tier Platoons are fairer to teams, who will no longer be at a disadvantage from the very beginning of a battle because of someone joking around.
Secondly, one-tier battles considerably decrease the amount of work for the new matchmaker. Without them, the matchmaker would have a hard time creating equal 3-5-7 battles.

SPGs in platoons…you know what I’m talking about.

In this case we admit that we’ve changed our initial decision due to your feedback. Artillery will be allowed to be played in a platoon again but will be limited to one per platoon. This decision was difficult and thoroughly discussed. Feedback from players across all platforms affected the decision — thank you for sharing your feedback. Together, we will change the game for the better.

Any changes to the conditions of the Personal Missions?

Good news: in Update 9.19.1 we are changing the conditions of many Personal Missions. Head over to the forums and have a look at the planned changes. Feel free to share your feedback there as well!

What happens next?

We will respect your opinions and consider them. Already in Update 9.19.1, the matchmaker is undergoing changes, since we want to make Random Battles more enjoyable. In addition, we will rework another set of vehicles into HD quality, make improvements to the Strongholds, change technical characteristics of vehicles, and improve the female voiceovers!

skintsaint #327 Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13106 battles
KV5 buff...! 

skintsaint #328 Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13106 battles
Although prems being considered as good as standard tanks for future releases is a bit crap. Expect lots of divs in tier 8 with hardly any battle experience!

CardinalMite #329 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

Captain

• 31958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postskintsaint, on 28 June 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Although prems being considered as good as standard tanks for future releases is a bit crap. Expect lots of divs in tier 8 with hardly any battle experience!

As good as would be fine the problem is they aren't as good as standard, they are mostly better.

They say they have list of tier 8s they intend to buff... would it really be the end of the world for them to say which ones they mean????

Edited by CardinalMite, 28 June 2017 - 04:15 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

DivHunter #330 Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 19869 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postskintsaint, on 28 June 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

AKASHA178 #331 Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

Smurfette

• 44520 battles
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN

Enjoy the 5th wave of bans!

EU:

1625 accounts received their first and only warning, and 605 repeat offenders were permanently banned.

ASIA:

131 accounts received their first and only warning, and 39 repeat offenders were permanently banned.

NA:

184 accounts received their first and only warning, and 61 repeat offenders were permanently banned.

RU:

8757 accounts received their first and only warning, and 3579 repeat offenders were permanently banned.

RocketOz #332 Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 40235 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF
What is the advantage of the 3-5-7 template?

This template ensures enjoyable gameplay for all players regardless of their position on the team list. Each player can be useful and affect the battle outcome. Even if a Tier VIII vehicle fights against Tier X opponents, it can always find a suitable opponent to shoot or spot. In situations like these, you don’t need to guess where to find suitable opponents.

What a load of rubbish, here are my 3 5 7 battles so far today, 20 battles 15 at BOTTOM tier thats 75% 3 battles at MID tier thats 15% and hurrah 2 battles at TOP tier thats 10%. How the hell is that in anyway enjoyable, even a little bit, plus the broken pref tanks that see maybe even worse MM figures, stop the apology grind. They need to dump tank re-balancing and put everyone to work on this broken MM.

Red Text, post updated. User warned
~Flying_Elite

Red text is reserved for moderators and staff, you can use 'Fire Brick' as a red alternative.

Edited by Flying_Elite, 07 July 2017 - 11:07 PM.

AKASHA178 #333 Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

Smurfette

• 44520 battles
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN

The T-62A after the Object 140 buff won’t loose it’s meaning, since the T-62A still has a better turret. Yes, we know that the tanks are similar, but there’s still the 430, 907 and T-22. And as we saw by the Batchat rebalance, you can imagine what would happen if we poked at the high tier soviet meds. At this time, we’re not ready for that.

Type 59 will appear on the supertest in the next week. Info then.

Besides that one, more machines are waiting for the Supertest, the Patton family included. Big turrets, a slew of weakspots. You could say that they were already deprecated by the other tanks. There will be some changes in the stats, but we’ll mostly focus on visual changes. The 59-Patton will also be changed.

We plan to fix the economy in the game, from income to premium ammo. We’ll try to balance the premium ammo against the current economy, and we’re thinking about removing the option to purchase it for gold. That would give us the ability of adjusting premium ammo prices in a wider spectrum. But that’s just an idea now.

The new matchmaker sometimes reduces the total HP pool per team, which in turn leads to decreasing the damage dealt, consequently leading to lesser income. We plan to fix that.

After HDifying the maps, the team will start changing them to adjust the gameplay.

_WMD_ #334 Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 45705 battles

Of course Russia is having Buffs

We cant have German, Japanese and America tanks be better then Soviet, now can we

When are we getting the Chinese TDs and new tier 10 ?
And what about light tanks ?
moar anime tanks please !

Edited by _WMD_, 08 July 2017 - 06:14 PM.

Shad0: You know that time when there was a King Tiger on 2 HP and another King Tiger on Full life ? And the King Tiger rammed uphill in slow motion, for 1 HP and then kept fail ramming until he was killed by the a 1 Hit point tank. Was the stupidest tank ever
Shad0: You are now that Noob KingTiger
Me: D:

Mafumafu_ #335 Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

Sergeant

• 16048 battles
  • [TRAPS] TRAPS
Still expecting Israeli tree line, Swedish turreted TD's (Hagglund's and Bofor's proposals) and Bandkanon's arty line, Yugo's tree with copied Soviet tanks and Vozilos, and Swiss's tree.

We need more researchable tanks not tanks purchased with real $$$

CardinalMite #336 Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Captain

• 31958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_WMD_, on 08 July 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

We cant have German, Japanese and America tanks be better then Soviet, now can we

Arguably British heavy and medium lines and their premiums (A45 & fv4202) need buffing more than any other line with the exception of maybe French TDs which is coming.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

AKASHA178 #337 Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

Smurfette

• 44520 battles
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN

View Post_WMD_, on 08 July 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

light tank wont get buff, if they do, it will change the system and make it unbalanced according to them but in reality what we see in game meds are now getting op range view 

View PostVolkerman, on 08 July 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Still expecting Israeli tree line, Swedish turreted TD's (Hagglund's and Bofor's proposals) and Bandkanon's arty line, Yugo's tree with copied Soviet tanks and Vozilos, and Swiss's tree.

We need more researchable tanks not tanks purchased with real $$$

the Israeli line might come next year but i dont think so its planned for far future, i dont think ill be around when they bring it (it will come with tier 8 premium ;)

View PostCardinalMite, on 09 July 2017 - 06:29 AM, said:

Arguably British heavy and medium lines and their premiums (A45 & fv4202) need buffing more than any other line with the exception of maybe French TDs which is coming.

yea they will buff almost all tanks including the premium tanks especially the old ones (i hope they make my T34 same like old tier 9 T34 )

AKASHA178 #338 Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

Smurfette

• 44520 battles
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN

T-34-85M Mission List until end of the event 

Day 1 – Play 5 random battles. 1 Personal Reserve: 100% EXP for 2 hours

Day 2 – Rank Top 5 by damage in a random battle. 1 Personal Reserve: 300% Crew EXP for 2 hours

Day 3 – Destroy 5 enemy vehicles in any amount of random battles. 5x Automatic Fire Extinguishers

Day 4 – Deal 3000 damage in any amount of random battles. 5x Large Repair Kits

Day 5 – Damage 5 enemy vehicles in any amount of random battles. 5x Large Repair Kits

Day 6 – Rank top 5 by EXP in a random battle. 1 Personal Reserve: 100% EXP for 2 hours

Day 7 – Deal damage to enemy vehicles in random battles 10 times over any amount of battles. 1 Personal Reserve: 300% EXP for 2 hours

Day 8 – Get 1,500 EXP over any amount of random battles. 1 Personal Reserve: 300% EXP for 2 hours

Day 9 – Damage at least 5 enemy vehicles in any amount of random battles. 1 Personal Reserve: 100% EXP for 2 hours

Day 10 – Spot 10 enemy vehicles over any amount of random battles. 5x Large Repair Kits

Day 11 – Destroy 5 enemy vehicles in any amount of random battles. 1 Personal Reserve: +50% Credits for 2 hours

Day 12 – Deal 1,000 damage in 1 random battle. 1 Personal Reserve: 300% Crew EXP for 2 hours

Day 13 – Damage 5 enemy vehicles in any amount of random battles. 5x Large Repair Kits

Day 14 – Damage/injure 5 enemy modules/crew members in any amount of battles 5x Large Repair Kits

Day 15 – Damage 5 enemy vehicles over any amount of random battles. 1 Personal Reserve: 100% EXP for 2 hours

Day 16 – Deal at least 5% of your team’s total damage to enemy vehicles in the same random battle. 1 Personal Reserve: 300% Free EXP for 2 hours

Day 17 – Deal 3,000 damage over any amount of random battles. 5x Automatic Fire Extinguishers

Day 18 – Get 1,500 EXP in any amount of random battles. 1 Personal Reserve: +50% Credits for 2 hours

Mafumafu_ #339 Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

Sergeant

• 16048 battles
  • [TRAPS] TRAPS
I'm not sure about Israeli tree line, don't you think Merkava's a bit overkill in WoT?

JellyBob_ #340 Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 50287 battles
  • [7ACAV] 7ACAV

View PostVolkerman, on 10 July 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

I'm not sure about Israeli tree line, don't you think Merkava's a bit overkill in WoT?

What's a Merkava .. pic or it's not real   :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users