• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

AKASHA178 #1041 Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:59 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36884 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

Data: Tier 8 Premium tank ownership

how WG is doing in terms of selling prem tanks, and what people want in prem tanks. It’s hard to compare some prems, for many reasons, including:

1. Overall how good the tank is
2. Tank class
3. Armor/no armor
4. Nation
5. Price
6. Availability and/or how often it goes on sale
7. Other things (Some people hate slow tanks, love fast tanks, love nice guns hate derpy guns, want armor, want a brawler, a sniper, etc).
8. Misc things – crew size and how it looks, etc.

This is the top 15 owned Prem Tier 8 tanks (EU) from Wotcharts.Eu. It is sorted by # of Owners (Keep in mind to be an “Owner” you must play at least one battle in the tank). Also some of these prems were given out as marathons, and to CCs and Wg employees etc, but those are small numbers. I only listed top 15 as the table would be huge.

Some interesting observations:

Obviously some of these are tanks that are better than others, which is easily known by those who know this game, but you can also just look at the stats.

Skorpion G is a very strong tank in a good player’s hand (Arguably the best Tier 8 premium – it appeals to sniper trashlords and people who want to flex around the map and be useful), and is #1 in ownership, even though it’s not available for gold.

Lowe/T34/T26E4/M4A1/Is6/CDC/Jtiger88/FV4202/Strv S1/T54 Mod 1/WZ 120 are all available for gold.

The Progetto was a marathon tank, as was the Pilot. So literally the only two tanks (That i’m aware of) on this list that were not given away as a marathon or event etc, and aren’t available for gold (Meaning people gotta pay real $$$) are Skorpion and Lorr 40. Both of these tanks are excellent, and are probably in the top 10% of all Tier 8 prems in terms of overall how good they are.

Let’s compare to a known “Bad” Tier 8 prem, the Mauerbrecher, only 8200 owners, to the Somua (Which is a great tank) – Nearly 26000 owners which is more than 3 times as much. Both tanks are fairly new, AND Germany has a bigger tech tree, meaning more people probably play German tanks than Frenchies.

I know you can’t really compare them (autoloader to slow armored heavy) but the point I am trying to make here is that, people aren’t stupid THAT stupid, and neither is WG. They will buy the good tanks, and not so much the bad tanks. It doesn’t take long for someone who knows the game to know if a tank is bad or not, even just by looking at tanks.gg or a similar website without even playing it you can get a good idea of whether the tank will be good, and if you even want to play it.

So basically, expect more OP premium tanks in the future to be sold, because it’s simply not logical to release crappy premium tanks, because few people will buy them, and then what, what did that accomplish? Nothing.

some tips there are 7 more tier 8 tanks left to be introduced to shop, unfortunately at this time i cant disclose them, due to new WG rules,:hiding: but they will come on internet soon enough :trollface:

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

AKASHA178 #1042 Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:10 AM

Smurfette

• 36884 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-
i wanted to post the real number of online players on all 4 major servers (QB) information was a bit bit bit bit bit high:teethhappy: but first ill confirm it, to see if wont break any rules by doing it, i dont want to become sir foch mark II:hiding:

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

AKASHA178 #1043 Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:18 AM

Smurfette

• 36884 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostFramFramson, on 12 December 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

Wait... no one mentioned any Santa Claus Crew member!

Dude's obviously an Artillery Commander... right?

Coming down your chimney to drop presents!  :trollface:

that would be funny :D

AKASHA178 #1044 Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:20 AM

Smurfette

• 36884 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-
stay tuned for new nations, next year 

mttspiii #1045 Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:37 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostAKASHA178, on 12 December 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

stay tuned for new nations, next year 

Israel tech tree?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

AKASHA178 #1046 Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:57 AM

Smurfette

• 36884 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View Postmttspiii, on 12 December 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

Israel tech tree?

arabic tech and EU 

Puggsley #1047 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:13 AM

Captain

• 68528 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Interesting that more people own a WZ120 than a Defender/252.

FramFramson #1048 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:25 AM

Major

• 43595 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Just wanted to point out that the FV4202 was given away for free to players who had previously owned it as the TX British tech tree MT, when the FV4202 was shifted down to T8 and replaced at TX by the CAX (if I'm remembering correctly).

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

FramFramson #1049 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:33 AM

Major

• 43595 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAKASHA178, on 11 December 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

arabic tech and EU 

Arabic... huh. I would have thought they would have the same problem as Israel (way too many foreign-sourced tanks and few domestic designs), even MORE so than a theoretical Israeli tech tree?

Also EU getting kicked around again? You think they might merge the Polish and Czech lines (since they're the smallest nations in the game) into any theoretical EU tech tree?

DanLBob #1050 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:53 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25670 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 12 December 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

Just wanted to point out that the FV4202 was given away for free to players who had previously owned it as the TX British tech tree MT, when the FV4202 was shifted down to T8 and replaced at TX by the CAX (if I'm remembering correctly).

Nope. You needed to do a mission or something to get 4202, otherwise your vehicle just got changed to a CAX and the stats were transferred. Pulled the same thing with the Lorry too. I had actually held on to my Lorry long after I got the Bat Chat because I liked it. All of my listed 231 BC 25t AP were in fact played in the Lorry. Same deal on my #1 alt.

Dan

DanLBob #1051 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:55 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25670 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 12 December 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

Arabic... huh. I would have thought they would have the same problem as Israel (way too many foreign-sourced tanks and few domestic designs), even MORE so than a theoretical Israeli tech tree?

Also EU getting kicked around again? You think they might merge the Polish and Czech lines (since they're the smallest nations in the game) into any theoretical EU tech tree?

EU just seems stupid. All the major powers have standalone tech trees while for the period of the game the minors were Communist Bloc or otherwise outside the EEC. Would make a lot more sense to have a Warsaw Pact tree that combined the Czech and Polish trees and allowed the additions of things like the Romanian TR series etc.

Dan

Edited by DanLBob, 12 December 2018 - 08:58 AM.

FramFramson #1052 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:45 AM

Major

• 43595 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostDanLBob, on 11 December 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

EU just seems stupid. All the major powers have standalone tech trees while for the period of the game the minors were Communist Bloc or otherwise outside the EEC. Would make a lot more sense to have a Warsaw Pact tree that combined the Czech and Polish trees and allowed the additions of things like the Romanian TR series etc.

Dan

Yeah, I mean, I can't imagine an EU tech tree would work without say, combining the Italian/Czech/Polish single-line trees. Or, as you say, make it a Warsaw Pact tree (though I think the Polish players might not be big fans of that change).

mttspiii #1053 Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostDanLBob, on 12 December 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Nope. You needed to do a mission or something to get 4202, otherwise your vehicle just got changed to a CAX and the stats were transferred. Pulled the same thing with the Lorry too. I had actually held on to my Lorry long after I got the Bat Chat because I liked it. All of my listed 231 BC 25t AP were in fact played in the Lorry. Same deal on my #1 alt.

Dan

But WG didn't give away free Lorries like they did with the 4202 right?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Ezz #1054 Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:06 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So IS3a prelude to final plan on bringing life to the IS4 after all these years?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

AKASHA178 #1055 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:35 PM

Smurfette

• 36884 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostDanLBob, on 12 December 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Dan

indeed

View PostDanLBob, on 12 December 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

Dan

there are so many eu tech left to come to wot, i already mentioned them in my very first post on this topic, all will be under EU tech tree 

View PostFramFramson, on 12 December 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

Yeah, I mean, I can't imagine an EU tech tree would work without say, combining the Italian/Czech/Polish single-line trees. Or, as you say, make it a Warsaw Pact tree (though I think the Polish players might not be big fans of that change).

there is a talk about middle east tech tree too but EU is confirmed but how long will take them to actually do it :D

View PostEzz, on 12 December 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

So IS3a prelude to final plan on bringing life to the IS4 after all these years?

yea but they wont change IS4, no plan for it (tips of marking; HT auto-loaders spam more shells in less time if low pen they need more gold, if they need more gold they need more silver, more silver is more pr account and tanks = more real CASH //there are so many other things they did to game only based on this marking method// camo, emblem, harder way to grind stock tanks, less xp, less silver while farming, more xp u need to research, separating most of connected lines and so many more :coin: ;) 

AKASHA178 #1056 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:51 PM

Smurfette

• 36884 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

You probably already do not notice half of this New Year's confusion, and by the way tomorrow we will all be presented with another “gift tank” in honor of the year of the yellow earth pig.

This is already shown and previously known gift MKA (LT-2, Germany, Prem). The developers do not want to leave the already established tradition and change the gift for all players, which can be received 2 times a year.

By the way, the tank was flooded only yesterday (its model in HD), which was unusually late. Do I need to change these gifts? - our personal opinion is yes. 

With the 1st iteration, the tank did not change anything except for the economic component: 
- Fixed description; 
- The price of the tank changed from the technical 100 to 500 gold; :D:facepalm:
- The price of the projectile from 14 to 16; 
- The price of the projectile / damage from 0.291 to 0.255 The 

gift tank will become 15 in the entire history of the game (if you count the T-50-2 as a gift). 

DanLBob #1057 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:58 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25670 battles

View PostAKASHA178, on 12 December 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

there are so many eu tech left to come to wot, i already mentioned them in my very first post on this topic, all will be under EU tech tree 

Not going to repost your entire OP but here are some excerpts.

Block Quote

• No separate Italian, Swedish or Czech nations (all part of European).
  • 10x Pan European, this ``nation`` could be by far bigger as any other nation. I don’t know about exact tanks and number, but there are litterly dozens of possible candidates, and some nations got almost enough tanks for a tree of them self.
    WG can can easy make over 10 branches, with some after war tanks like T55, M47 to fill t10 spots there should be a lot possible.
    The following nations will probably form the backbone: Czech, Hungary, Romania, Swiss, Sweden & Italy (the last 2 got the most tanks, including high tier). But also Yugoslavian, Polish, Finish (?) and Spanish (?) tanks can be added
  • EU tree is not finalized yet. What I can say for sure is that it will comprise Hungarian, Swedish, Swiss, and Yugoslavian tanks. We are still thinking about Italian** and Polish** trees, if we manage to extend them to tier 10, we will make them separate. Otherwise – they both will be a part of EU tree.
    Combined with after war ussr/us tanks (Italian M47, polish or Yugoslavian T55) there should be more then enough to make A LOT of branches.
    There are dozens (if not more) topics about multiple tanks and nations, feel free to give links to topics, so I can place them :)
    **: italian (and polish) tech tree where as far as i know never considered for seperate branch, only very early in beta italian tree was mentioned i think, but the idea was abonded long ago

Unfortunately, there are not enough vehicles for a full Italian tech tree with tanks up to tier 10.

Clearly things have moved on quite a bit in the five years since you made that post. There really isn't much left by way of unique indigenous vehicles for a Euro tree. Czechs, Swedes, Poles and Italians now have their own trees. Swiss and Hungarian vehicles have made it into the game as premiums, likewise and east German T-55A. You are pretty much left with Romanians, Yugoslavia and Spanish vehicles of which many are just minor variations on existing vehicles. You might manage to cobble together a single line tree but that's about it.

Dan

AKASHA178 #1058 Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:00 PM

Smurfette

• 36884 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

New Year's HD hangar 2019

AKASHA178 #1059 Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:06 PM

Smurfette

• 36884 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostDanLBob, on 12 December 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

Not going to repost your entire OP but here are some excerpts.

Clearly things have moved on quite a bit in the five years since you made that post. There really isn't much left by way of unique indigenous vehicles for a Euro tree. Czechs, Swedes, Poles and Italians now have their own trees. Swiss and Hungarian vehicles have made it into the game as premiums, likewise and east German T-55A. You are pretty much left with Romanians, Yugoslavia and Spanish vehicles of which many are just minor variations on existing vehicles. You might manage to cobble together a single line tree but that's about it.

Dan

there are more than this but that time due to policy of forum i couldn't post them, even now WG new policy wont let me to post them, that time i got all information for next 4 years patches, there is way more information but cant post them without breaking the WG policy, and they took down all pages and people who did it in the past, around 200 tanks left to come tones of tier 8s pr of course 

FramFramson #1060 Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:58 AM

Major

• 43595 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAKASHA178, on 12 December 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Party Politruk must encourage proper communist celebration!

"Comrade Stalin expects all of you to have fun. Do not disappoint him! Now, no grumbling... the the local party office has sent you all lovely gifts; lovely pamphlets on the economics of tractor production in the Urals. What better gift than that of education? Happy New Year, comrades!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users