more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for WoT

• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

mttspiii #1061 Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:54 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Now we know why WG insists that there should be no crew members inside the open-topped tanks. Video game faces from 2003.

View PostAKASHA178, on 12 December 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

New Year's HD hangar 2019

Fig. 1: Wargaming listening to its playerbase

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #1062 Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:21 AM

Major

• 43655 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
To be fair, these are taken with some kind of garage free camera mod. Normally these guys would be distant and tiny on your screen, just like the crowds for the gamescom garage.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

ThomChen114 #1063 Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:14 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36943 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostDanLBob, on 12 December 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

Not going to repost your entire OP but here are some excerpts.

Clearly, things have moved on quite a bit in the five years since you made that post. There really isn't much left by way of unique indigenous vehicles for a Euro tree. Czechs, Swedes, Poles and Italians now have their own trees. Swiss and Hungarian vehicles have made it into the game as premiums, likewise and east German T-55A. You are pretty much left with Romanians, Yugoslavia and Spanish vehicles of which many are just minor variations on existing vehicles. You might manage to cobble together a single line tree but that's about it.

Dan

This could explain why they're now exploring wheeled vehicles, starting with the French. There's a lot of potential with other nations like the US, UK, USSR, Germany and the other Euro countries that have had wheeled armored vehicles, though some may be tricky to get a full tech tree.

I still think WG missed an opportunity with the Kanonenjagdpanzer 105, which they could've added as part of a branch of post-Reich German TDs: highly mobile, low profile glass cannons similar to the S-tanks but without the siege mode. But alas, profit comes first.

They've hinted at a Swedish tier 8 medium the Lansen C (or Lansen 25t) that appears to be a bigger Leo, which could be the beginning of a branch of Swedish medium tanks up to tier 10, though it's just as likely they'll sell it as a premium tank for profit.

Then there's just the Italian TDs and Japanese TDs, and maybe a hybrid branch of wheeled and tracked UK light tanks/AFVs.

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

AKASHA178 #1064 Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:28 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 37054 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostAKASHA178, on 12 December 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

sorry folks was super busy past few month

Winter tale is coming. 
Relaxing music from the New Year Hangar 2019, medals, decorated for the event girls in the crew, not shown, and a strange crew member, Santa Claus, collections, and more. 

Medal: “A diamond with a snowflake and the number II / VI / X”. 
* Get II / VI / X level of the holiday atmosphere by taking part in the New Year's action. 

The more decorations located on the objects in the Angara, the brighter the holiday atmosphere will become. It is issued to all players who have fulfilled the necessary condition during the special New Year's action 2018–2019.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/yofkgP6.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/EqRPXYO.jpg[/img]

Santa Claus

love it, when i see most of people got no idea this will be there in boxes not even community streamers 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

AKASHA178 #1065 Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

Smurfette

• 37054 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

Buy Premium tanks with bonds 

some fun news, soon everybody can buy tanks with bonds, and yes soon you can buy bonds too, just love the marketing department they are doing effective job there 

Edited by AKASHA178, 16 December 2018 - 05:03 PM.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

pokeranger24 #1066 Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:05 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles
AMX 50 Foch 155 comes in two new models ? Nice !!

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Ezz #1067 Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAKASHA178, on 16 December 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

just love the marketing department they are doing effective job there 

2 out of 3 ain't bad. Normally i'd expect it to have a medium symbol as well.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

AKASHA178 #1068 Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:12 PM

Smurfette

• 37054 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

in case you guys missed it 

2019 Preview

Ammo, Swedish MTs and Frontline

2018 Recap and Matchmaker

AKASHA178 #1069 Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

Smurfette

• 37054 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View Postpokeranger24, on 16 December 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

AMX 50 Foch 155 comes in two new models ? Nice !!

no 183 name is different  in Russian 

AKASHA178 #1070 Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

Smurfette

• 37054 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-
and one thing guys, if you remember i mentioned it before somewhere, there is plan to remove friendly fire too, hopefully we seen it soon (happy friendly spgs and team killers)

DeadArashi #1071 Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12817 battles

View PostThomChen114, on 14 December 2018 - 02:14 AM, said:

They've hinted at a Swedish tier 8 medium the Lansen C (or Lansen 25t) that appears to be a bigger Leo, which could be the beginning of a branch of Swedish medium tanks up to tier 10, though it's just as likely they'll sell it as a premium tank for profit.

Then there's just the Italian TDs and Japanese TDs, and maybe a hybrid branch of wheeled and tracked UK light tanks/AFVs.

Well I think it's safe to say the Lansen C (more correctly the Lansen m/51S based on its turret, improved armour and 10.5cm gun) will be a premium since WG have now said the Swedish MT line is coming next year with the siege mode, so it's safe to assume the top tiers will be UDES 14 designs. The Lansen m/48 (7.5cm gun), m/50 (8.4cm gun) and m/51 (9cm gun) could be split into two tanks and made into tier 7 and 8 light tanks (see links for images)

Don't know two parts of nothing about Italian tanks, but in regards to Japanese TD's.... there's enough designs and ones actually built, but they're big and not well armoured. I believe, from memory, WG said they wanted to make up a TD based on the Type 4/5 to put in tier 9/10

Sir_Direkin #1072 Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:00 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostFramFramson, on 13 December 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

To be fair, these are taken with some kind of garage free camera mod. Normally these guys would be distant and tiny on your screen, just like the crowds for the gamescom garage.

They're all clones.

Oh man. I certain popular streamer is playing with the EBR  75 FL 10.  Wow... it looks awful. 385m view range, and that's with a BiA crew, vents, optics, food, 100% situational awareness. He talks about how his exp is low because he can't spot for himself. Also it can't pivot; the only way to turn is to drive.

Edit:

And a two shell autoloader? What?

Edit 2:

Yep, he's in a light tank getting outspotted by heavy tanks.

Edited by Sir_Direkin, 18 December 2018 - 01:11 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

FramFramson #1073 Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:03 AM

Major

• 43655 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
lol pathetic. What the hell.

Sir_Direkin #1074 Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:35 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

The nice thing about it, other than its speed, is the fact it can't get tracked. Have a wheel shot out, and your speed gets reduced to 30 km/h; it won't stop you. I'm not sure it's a worthwhile trade for vision though. Even at 30km/h it's still very vulnerable.

It  also required an extra crew. You can drop your existing French light crew in it just fine, but you'll need to purpose train a radio position. Personally I wouldn't want to 'burn' a female crew member on that. Training a new position from scratch and you'll be without BiA for quite a while.

Edit:

Actually as a light tank that effectively can't spot, you're quite dependant on having decent team mates. On the other hand its gun handling is god like. 1 s aim time...

Edited by Sir_Direkin, 18 December 2018 - 04:43 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

SF_CielPhantomhive #1075 Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:44 AM

Sergeant

• 12153 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE
WG is running out of new trees to release, so it would be logical to implement the Israeli line. Can't wait to skip straight to Sh'ot/Merkies.
And since French wheeled vehicles are slated for release soon, we might as well release Eland cars in the game, along with the South African/Rhodesian tree (however ridiculous this idea might be). 

Here was a story of Rhodesia, a land both fair and great...

DanLBob #1076 Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:13 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25684 battles

View PostRoyalRhodesian_Rooivalk, on 18 December 2018 - 05:44 AM, said:

WG is running out of new trees to release, so it would be logical to implement the Israeli line. Can't wait to skip straight to Sh'ot/Merkies.
And since French wheeled vehicles are slated for release soon, we might as well release Eland cars in the game, along with the South African/Rhodesian tree (however ridiculous this idea might be). 

Rooikat inbound. AW released it but [edited] it over. Maybe WG con make it more worthwhile.

Dan

Chieftain_NZ #1077 Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:35 AM

The Senate

• Beta-Tester
  • 14081 battles

I'll just take my Chieftain Mk 6 please.

4 years strong, still finished and sitting in the game files, when literally every other damn platform WoT is on has access to the tank. 

AxcrVSP.jpg

DanLBob #1078 Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25684 battles

View PostChieftain_NZ, on 18 December 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

4 years strong, still finished and sitting in the game files, when literally every other damn platform WoT is on has access to the tank. 

Ground out FV215b and 4202 on two accounts in preparation for The Chief.

Dan

FramFramson #1079 Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

Major

• 43655 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostChieftain_NZ, on 17 December 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

UML is your friend:

Hell, I also set things up so that the crew uses the UK voice on this tank.

Edited by FramFramson, 18 December 2018 - 01:30 PM.

AKASHA178 #1080 Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

Smurfette

• 37054 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

Guys look at the shell changes 

Today we’re starting work on one of the hottest and the most discussed issues among those mentioned at WG Fest 2018: the overall 25–30% drop in damage for special rounds. We want to make the shell choice more thoughtful in every battle situation and lower the damage special rounds deal (especially against well-armored spots).

It should be noted: this is the very first testing iteration aimed at general evaluation of our hypothesis described above. For now, it’s merely a rebalance of special shells’ damage, without any adjustments to their cost.

We’ll conduct the Supertest with a limited selection of vehicles (a bit more than 30) to check:

the viability of the idea and the impact of its implementation on the game;
the effect of lowering the special shells’ damage has on the total damage dealt;
the overall combat efficiency of the vehicles involved in testing.

The decision to decrease special rounds’ damage isn’t set in stone as it’s still in development, so it may change significantly. After the first testing run, we’ll decide what to do next: we may change the amount of damage we slash off the special rounds, fine-tune the stats of individual vehicles, or enlarge the pool of tanks in the Supertest to gather even more data.

Of course, we’ll take into consideration your feedback on the proposed changes.

We intentionally selected very different vehicles for the testing pool—for the most efficient tracking of the impact the rebalance will have on battle stats. For some vehicles having APCRs as their basic rounds, we substituted these with AP shots of the same speed. Likewise, for the vehicles with AP rounds as their specials, we replaced these with APCRs. We’ll track the distribution of damage done per shell type, the changes in vehicles’ battle stats with regard to their class and role, and lots of other parameters.

A few questions that we need to find the answer after testing:

1. How much will the damage from special projectiles, especially for armored targets? 
- This is one of the main points that you asked to pay attention to in relation to armored vehicles. 

2. How will the damage be distributed between the other two types of shells? —- Our goal is to reduce the damage from special projectiles, especially for armored vehicles. Because of this, the damage from the two other types of shells may increase. This we also want to check during testing. We will closely monitor these parameters and correct such changes. 

3. How to change the amount of damage from land mines?
- The total proportion of high-explosive damage is now small. We do not want to change this indicator much. There are some cars that cause high-explosive damage with special projectiles, such as Type 5 Heavy and Type 4 Heavy, which we will change as part of this test. 

• Special (gold) projectile for Type 5 Heavy will be replaced with HESH with a one-time damage of 750 units. and armor penetration 193 mm. 
During the tests, we will closely monitor how the use of land mines will change after the rebalance of special shells. 

4. How will the rebalance of special shells affect the efficiency of specific machines?
- We know that on some tanks you play with a large margin in ammunition in the direction of special shells, in order to achieve better results in combat. We want to assess how the overall combat effectiveness of such equipment will change. 

5. What about the economy and the cost of shells? 
- As part of this test, we did not make economic changes, because Now we are primarily interested in checking changes in the combat indicators of machines. Changes in prices or the economy - this is what we will use a little later, during further tests. 

Edited by AKASHA178, 22 December 2018 - 03:22 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users