more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for WoT

• Please log in to reply
1401 replies to this topic

AKASHA178 #821 Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

New Year offensive 2018: holiday actions are already on the way. 

Get ready! The World of Tanks is coming a holiday storm, which will begin on December 15 and will last until January 15! This natural phenomenon we call the "New Year's offensive of 2018", which will turn your Hangar into a snow-covered yard. 

* In this 30-day period, there is also a high probability of bonuses, gifts, incredible discounts on II-X level technology and other weather phenomena. We have seriously approached your security issue and prepared some tips to help you survive this storm and get all the surprises. 

- How to get the most of the New Year season? 

1. Perform special combat missions. A festive storm will bring with it a whole heap of weekly combat missions. Carrying out them, you will receive boxes with decorations and game objects (equipment, loans and many others). The more difficult the task, the more valuable the reward!

2. Decorate your yard. This year you can decorate everything you see in the New Year's hangar: a house, lampposts, and, of course, a Christmas tree. And even make a snowman! What for? First, to enjoy the process, and secondly, to use the ornaments to raise the level of the festive atmosphere in your Angara! The more festive your yard looks, the closer you are to the X level of the atmosphere and the more valuable the boxes you will receive. 

3. Watch the level of the festive atmosphere. As it should be on the holiday, all players who entered the game during the "New Year Offensive 2018", we will hand the box with a gift tank for the 1-st level of the atmosphere of the holiday. Further more! Each level increase will be rewarded with boxes with a variety of game gifts: a female crew, discounts for II-X level equipment, equipment and unique awards.

4. Assemble the collection. All the ornaments you receive are divided into four different in style collections: traditional Christmas, modern Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year. By collecting the complete collection, you will receive exclusive appearance elements, and on the way to it you will receive a bonus to the earned experience, crew experience and credits for the fight. Nobody said that it's worth to limit oneself to one collection. You can try to collect all four sets to get all the bonuses! 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

JellyBob_ #822 Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 47950 battles
What about a Tier 7 Russian Premium LT .... as the GF Tank  ....... :ohmy:

AKASHA178 #823 Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostEnglishBob, on 09 December 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

What about a Tier 7 Russian Premium LT .... as the GF Tank  ....... :ohmy:

hahahah they give t-29 tier 3 which i doubt they do tier 7 hahahah never 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

pokeranger24 #824 Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:37 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles
Female crew in a box...... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°  )

Edited by pokeranger24, 09 December 2017 - 09:37 PM.

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Kanna_The_Goldammo_Eater #825 Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

Sergeant

• 10518 battles

I don't care if it's good or not.

If it's tier 3 I gonna sell it anyways.

There's no freedom of speech here, I feel like I live in gulag

Everything in this game is fine, expect speech restrictions.

They didn't want to listen me, treated me like garbage. so, I had enough.

(I just get M mark in TOG 2, so my WoT career is complete)

AKASHA178 #826 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostField_Marshal_Abe, on 10 December 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

I don't care if it's good or not.

If it's tier 3 I gonna sell it anyways.

t-29 is not that bad, some begging to get it :teethhappy:

FramFramson #827 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:12 AM

Major

• 46215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
"T-29.... no not THAT T-29."

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Kanna_The_Goldammo_Eater #828 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Sergeant

• 10518 battles

View PostAKASHA178, on 10 December 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

t-29 is not that bad, some begging to get it :teethhappy:

I know, But I preferred playing TOG2 or M4A1 over that tier 3 thing.

There's no freedom of speech here, I feel like I live in gulag

Everything in this game is fine, expect speech restrictions.

They didn't want to listen me, treated me like garbage. so, I had enough.

(I just get M mark in TOG 2, so my WoT career is complete)

SwedishBob_ #829 Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

Corporal

• 7173 battles
No no no no I mean as the GF( Grand Final ) Tank like the Black Bulldog M41, Chrysler GF and AMX 13 57GF   the Grand Finals in Moscow starting Dec 13th    ESL      Gold Series ....... DiNG  FTW ......   :honoring:

AKASHA178 #830 Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

AKASHA178, on 09 December 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

New Year offensive 2018: holiday actions are already on the way. 

Get ready! The World of Tanks is coming a holiday storm, which will begin on December 15 and will last until January 15! This natural phenomenon we call the "New Year's offensive of 2018", which will turn your Hangar into a snow-covered yard. 

* In this 30-day period, there is also a high probability of bonuses, gifts, incredible discounts on II-X level technology and other weather phenomena. We have seriously approached your security issue and prepared some tips to help you survive this storm and get all the surprises. 

- How to get the most of the New Year season? 

1. Perform special combat missions. A festive storm will bring with it a whole heap of weekly combat missions. Carrying out them, you will receive boxes with decorations and game objects (equipment, loans and many others). The more difficult the task, the more valuable the reward!

2. Decorate your yard. This year you can decorate everything you see in the New Year's hangar: a house, lampposts, and, of course, a Christmas tree. And even make a snowman! What for? First, to enjoy the process, and secondly, to use the ornaments to raise the level of the festive atmosphere in your Angara! The more festive your yard looks, the closer you are to the X level of the atmosphere and the more valuable the boxes you will receive. 

3. Watch the level of the festive atmosphere. As it should be on the holiday, all players who entered the game during the "New Year Offensive 2018", we will hand the box with a gift tank for the 1-st level of the atmosphere of the holiday. Further more! Each level increase will be rewarded with boxes with a variety of game gifts: a female crew, discounts for II-X level equipment, equipment and unique awards.

4. Assemble the collection. All the ornaments you receive are divided into four different in style collections: traditional Christmas, modern Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year. By collecting the complete collection, you will receive exclusive appearance elements, and on the way to it you will receive a bonus to the earned experience, crew experience and credits for the fight. Nobody said that it's worth to limit oneself to one collection. You can try to collect all four sets to get all the bonuses! 

hahahah we get this too but with a delay in our server 

AKASHA178 #831 Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

some are not accurate but some will come to shop soon 

AKASHA178 #832 Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:26 AM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostAKASHA178, on 04 December 2017 - 02:52 AM, said:

- Europeans discovered a new tank: VK 168.01 Mauerbrecher (TT-8, Germany, Prem). He already knows us, this is the tank, codenamed "Bicycle".
So we traditionally get two identical tanks with color and without - VK 168.01 (P) and Mauerbrecher (TTX are completely identical). Crew of 6 people. The tank was added to the client 9.20 WOT, and now has undergone some changes and received a duplicate in the form of a brother with a special. camouflage. What will happen to him next is unmarketable.

Very interesting description of VK 168.01 Mauerbrecher: The tank was supposed to be used in the defense of Berlin in April-May 1945, but during the traffic on the street (due to the large mass) the car fell through the tunnel of the Berlin underground. This subway line was not used in the postwar period, and the tank was forgotten. In the summer of 1989, the tank was discovered during repairs in the territory of West Berlin. At the same time, protest moods were growing in East Germany. West Berliners, tried to help their eastern compatriots, restored the tank to running speed and applied "urban camouflage" to it. Since it did not happen before the armed clashes, the tank was used as a ram when the wall was demolished in November 1989. 

And now about the bic. The tank that deserved to buy / receive, from VK 168.01 Mauerbrecher DISCARDED BICYCLE. YES, they just took it and left it empty. The machine lost its main attribute, what kind of things are these ?! Let's return to the radio operator his vehicle and a unique part of the view in the World of Tanks. 

[url=https://imgur.com/RftFWGr][img]http://i.imgur.com/RftFWGr.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://imgur.com/1pxBPzI][img]http://i.imgur.com/1pxBPzI.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://imgur.com/gt8AkQG][img]http://i.imgur.com/gt8AkQG.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://imgur.com/ZGGg6Nt][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZGGg6Nt.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://imgur.com/EImXbWJ][img]http://i.imgur.com/EImXbWJ.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://imgur.com/7mRQFOj][img]http://i.imgur.com/7mRQFOj.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://imgur.com/9ttOz9x][img]http://i.imgur.com/9ttOz9x.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://imgur.com/qnbzR3i][img]http://i.imgur.com/qnbzR3i.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://imgur.com/pmSiUjJ][img]http://i.imgur.com/pmSiUjJ.jpg[/img][/url]

Statistics:

Tier: HT-8, Germany, premium
HP: 1700
Engine: 780 hp
Mass: 168 t
Maximum load: 175 t
Power-to-weight: 4,64 hp / t
Max speed/Min speed: 20 / -15 km / h
Hull turning speed: 18 °/s
Turret turning speed: 15,6 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,767 / 0,863 / 1,918
View range: 400 m
Radio range: 740,4 m

Hull armor: 180 / 130 / 100 mm
Turret armor: 230 / 160 / 100 mm

Gun: 12,8 cm Kw.K. L/50 A

Alpha Damage: 440 / 440 / 630
Penetration: 220 / 260 / 65 mm
Rate of fire: 4,171 rounds/minute
Damage per minute: 1835,4
Reload time: 14,384 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,384
Aiming time: 2,59 s
Depression/Elevation: -8 / +25

Czar_Wilhelm #833 Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

Corporal

• 21328 battles
  • [FOC] FOC

There is no good reason why this server getting the patch 7 to 10 late other than blatant disregard for the players.  #3rdWorldProblems 

Stand and deliver!  You can never have too much fire power!

SwedishBob_ #834 Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:16 PM

Corporal

• 7173 battles
Advent Tanks would be a problem too  :sceptic:

tekno #835 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

First lieutenant

• 22883 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

TBH getting a patch 2 weeks late=BONUS...bugs found and fixed....modpacks already updated..

Fools rush in ......

AKASHA178 #836 Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:54 AM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostCzar_Wilhelm, on 12 December 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

There is no good reason why this server getting the patch 7 to 10 late other than blatant disregard for the players.  #3rdWorldProblems 

we are at end of world 

View PostSwedishBob_, on 12 December 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Advent Tanks would be a problem too  :sceptic:

yea

View Posttekno, on 13 December 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

TBH getting a patch 2 weeks late=BONUS...bugs found and fixed....modpacks already updated..

Fools rush in ......

nope the bugs in patch will not be irradiated it will be fixed with other micro patches which again we receive with delay 

AKASHA178 #837 Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:22 AM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

new patch 

AKASHA178 #838 Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:33 AM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostAKASHA178, on 14 December 2017 - 03:22 AM, said:

new patch 

AKASHA178 #839 Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-
as i said before the paint job will cost you around 750 gold if use the best one per tank 

AKASHA178 #840 Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:53 AM

Smurfette

• 39067 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

Q&A during a dev stream, answered by Kayi4ek and Miloš Jeřábek.

Q: Why do you manipulate the RNG and MM of individual players? The closer I was to my 3rd mark the worse RNG I had.
A: We really don’t have the ability to secretly manipulate the game mechanics. But tinfoil hatters will always be present.

Q: Any new Czechoslovakian tanks?
A: Not now.

Q: Then maybe a new VII tier prem then?
A: We’re looking for one, but we didn’t decide on anything yet. The CZ/SK tree is the only one without such a tank, and we really want to add one.

Q: Are there more plans for tanks with camo like the Defender?
A: The look of the Defender was based on historical findings. And besides, right now the patch with customization is getting implemented, thus the ball is on the player side. We also gave the ability to disable unhistorical camo, but sadly not for the Patriot and Liberte yet. Maybe in the future.

If the idea gets treated well by the community, we will probably start fiddling with 3D customization, but that will require even more work.

Q: What will you do with the Type 4 and Type 5 guns?
A: It’s hard to do anything. A lot of people say that the recently added weakspots aren’t weak, but the statistics say something else. Most people see a problem with those tanks, but the stats say that they are amongst the rarest vehicles used. We think that the Types don’t break the game, because they’re hard to play. When a Type 5 oneshots someone, then everyone yells OP, but they don’t see the earlier misses or low rolls. The same is with the maps – it rocks on Himmelsdorf, but sucks on Sand River etc.

Q: Is tank weaknesses removal the new black?
A: Each tank has some, even the Types before the nerf. Sides, rear, poor maneauverability and speed. Not all maps allow good gameplay for all tanks. As an example – the new Badger. A very situational tank and very slow, so the best remedy is not to sit still before it. We know that a lot of tanks weren’t implemented properly, like the Chrysler K, which was a failure on our side. But we don’t remove weaknesses of tanks, at least not in the perceived way.

Q: What about all those MG ports which dissapeared with HD models?
A: If you look at it from a historical perspective, hitting such a place with an HE shell caused a lot of damage, but an AP shell basicaly behaved as if it hit any other part of the tank.

Q: Will old tank be rebalanced too? (KT, T-34-2, T32 etc.)
A: Definitely. We almost finished rebalancing tiers 8-10, and now we know that tiers 6 and 7 have problems. We can’t tell when, but we’ll look into the topic, although it’s a tough nut to crack since lower tiers are sometimes just tin cans with guns.

Q: Why not just increase the HP of lower tiers? At least the battles would be longer and the players would be less frustrated because of getting twohitted.
A: Interesting approach, but it won’t help any of our current problems. Increasing HP would only magnify them.

Q: Object 907?
A: Another heavy topic. We don’t have enough info about it to change it properly. The tank is played by a very small pool of players, so the statistics are limited. Besides, it’s a reward for hard work and skills, so the current owners wouldn’t be too pleased with a nerf.

Q: E 50 M and Leopard 1?
A: The Fiddy-M is a good vehicle, and it was buffed lately, so there’s no sense in doing so again. The Leopard in turn is a very good second/third line sniper. If you get spotted first, then you know it won’t go well, but with its stats we don’t see any need for a buff.

Q: Why is the Type 64 available in the tech tree and prem store, but the 13 57GF of Bulldog GF not?
A: You answered it yourself. The Type 64 is a regular prem, and the other two were special occasion tanks. We can’t nerf them too. If there’s the need to nerf a prem tank, we just remove it from sales.

Q: Another arty rebalance?
A: Arty whiners are less prominent than some time ago. We won’t introduce a one arty per battle limit, because we don’t think arta is a problem.

Q: Stun mechanic changes?
A: Not now. And probably not in the future.

Q: Gold ammo changes?
A: Many players bemoan it, but we looked into the stats and saw that the difference in succesful penetrations is actually minimal. Some players want gold ammo only for gold, but that would introduce a P2W aspect.

Q: So the price of gold ammo won’t be reduced?
A: Wouldn’t make sense.

Q: Why were the Foch and Deathstar line changed?
A: The Foch was hard to balance so we just decided to introduce a new vehicle, and gave the players the ability to keep the old one. And regarding the Deathstar, it stood out like a sore thumb in the line. We want consistency, like for example with the VK B and the Maus transition which was corrected.

Q: Why even bother aiming if RNG is present?
A: We think that the game wouldn’t be fun without RNG. If you aim at someone there’s an 80% chance the shell will hit where you want, and a 20% chance it will go sideways.

Q: Many games end in landslide victories/defeats. What about that?
A: We’re looking into it. Yes, we confirmed, such results increased about 5% since we introduced the new MM changes. Right now the average match time is around 4-5 minutes. We’re looking for a way to fix it. And it’s not really about the new MM per se, but about the sub-types of tanks, and that’s why the new MM differentiates them. We’ll see how the situation evolves.

Q: What about limited MM vehicles?
A: It’s a real headache for us now. We know that the VIIIs are currently in Hell, and XIs in Heaven. We want to adjust the MM so that it looks similar to the IX one for the VIIIs. We don’t want to touch limited MM tanks now, but we’ll look into it in the next year.

Q: Why not just introduce a +/- 1 MM?
A: A two-tier spread gives a wider ability to choose players. During one battle you’re on top, and in the other you’re on the bottom. We’re working on the MM all the time, for example placing tanks in sub-groups like autoloaders or super heavies. The issue with this is that the more rules are introduced to the MM, the harder it is to gather a lineup.

Q: Do you plan to introduce map picking for players?
A: Absolutely not. You’d only see super heavies on Himmelsdorf, and Malinovka would be LT paradise.

Q: “REEEEE LEAVE THE 263!!!”
A: There were attempts to change it on the Supertest, which is named just that because it’s an early test. Right now nothing changes.

Q: How do you like banned mods/cheats?
A: We don’t like them, seriously. We think next ban waves should target people using those. According to clan stats, many of the top ones have banned players in them, coincidence? No, because of the widespread use of Tundra or fallen trees. Closing the game for mods won’t happen too, the GTA IV shitstorm being a prime example of what might happen. The modding community is really big, and the modders are often doing good work. Locking them down because of a few bad apples would be bad, that’s why we’re on the lookout for those. Sooner or later banned mod user will get tracked by our algorithms and they’ll get their well earned vacation. During the first ban wave six employees were banned, tough luck.

Q: So maybe a modless client?
A: Again, the case of GTA IV. People wouldn’t accept this.

Q: XVM though?
A: The opinions are mixed, so it’s really hard to do anything. One could compare it to arty – some think it’s ca***r, some just love it.

Q: Why do AFK players receive XP and silver?
A: Because it’s not always their fault? If someone is doing it all the time, the algorithms will punish that player.

Q: New low tier modes, like eg. a Grand Battle equivalent?
A: We’re working on new game modes all the time. The Halloween event was the effort of the top EU and RU clans meeting in Minsk. We’re working on Ranked Battles. I can tell that there will be a nice event during the holidays now.

Q: You have to be kidding with the Bond income in Random Battles.
A: It’s on purpose. The Bonds were introduced for those who got gud.

Q: What about changes to Strongholds?
A: I’m not assigned to that, but the guys from that department are probably brewing something nice.

Q: During the Halloween event you used bots. Does this mean PvE is coming?
A: It’s a big leap forward, just like the WoTC War Stories, but introducing it on PC is still wishful thinking.

Q: Why is every patch ridden with bugs?
A: The chat bug was something we really didn’t know about. If the players would notify us, it would be fixed quickly. We tried to fix it with some blue electric tape, but it failed. The chat system is complicated, since it’s not just something solely in the game client, thus fixing few subsystems was necessary.

Q: WoT for OSX?
A: The work on that client is finished, but the Mac player base is too small for them to be a priority.

Q: EU3?
A: Not in the nearest future, since EU1 and EU2 are doing fine, and can do even more.

Q: What’s the programming language of WoT?
A: The game is partially C++, the servers use Python, and the UI is Action Script 3 (which is dead, so we really had to scrounge for people to work on it)

Q: What about the March of Nations?
A: EU and RU had the same rewards. NA got a marathon because the situation was reversed last time. Minsk doesn’t decide about EU events, but Paris.

Q: Defender?
A: No changes.

Q: Will it be sold?
A: Don’t know.   (
AKASHA178 : not this year )

Q: IS-5 or Chieftain/T95?
A: CW tanks won’t be sold, unless something changes past our usual 3 month window of information.

Q: What about tanks removed from the prem store?
A: They’re sold on special occasions, and the Type 59 won’t be sold as long as I am responsible for the future of WoT.

Q: Why does WG remove boosts?
A: Because there’s a mod showing them, and it made it too easy.

Q: T-10 changes?
A: There are a few variants of what we can do.

Q: Will the sekrit stats be available in the hangar, like ground resistance, movement bloom and so forth?
A: A typical player would get a headache seeing all of those. Those who want to see them can use external sites, and since they’re available, they’re not really secret.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users