• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

AKASHA178 #941 Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:15 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

Premium Tank Retrieval

WG finally gave us the opportunity to save our prem tanks from the abyss, provided we fulfill a few conditions.

No more than 72 hours have passed since you sold the tank.

You have the credits amounting to the worth of the tank plus a 10% ‘tax’.

You have a garage slot free.

So called rare tanks (CW rewards, or ‘out-of-production’ tanks) have a different rule set.

You can retrieve only one such tank every three days, at any given amount of time.

You have the credits amounting to the worth of the tank plus a 10% ‘tax’.

You have a garage slot free.

There is an additional rule for all tanks above – you can’t retrieve a tank sold before patch 9.16.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

FramFramson #942 Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:29 AM

Major

• 43396 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Finally a marathon I absolutely don't care about at all.

I assume it plays like a typical Brit Heavy, but what's the word on exact stats?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

AKASHA178 #943 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:27 AM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostFramFramson, on 23 August 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

Finally a marathon I absolutely don't care about at all.

I assume it plays like a typical Brit Heavy, but what's the word on exact stats?

its going to be one of the good tanks, somehow like defender but a bit weaker 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

Puggsley #944 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:39 AM

Captain

• 67696 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
And the unicorn will keep MLP very keen!

FramFramson #945 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:41 AM

Major

• 43396 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAKASHA178, on 22 August 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

its going to be one of the good tanks, somehow like defender but a bit weaker 

Still a T8 Heavy.

JellyBob_ #946 Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 46691 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-
I'll just buy the bloody thing .. it looks worth it   :B

mttspiii #947 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31448 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostFramFramson, on 23 August 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Still a T8 Heavy.

With HEAT shields. Might be the next best thing now with all the sprem in the air. Will be frustrating for USSR and NATO MT's

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

AKASHA178 #948 Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:50 PM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

Bonus Code

guys around 750 of them left hurry up before it ran out (its work for all servers)

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1893470/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/world-of-tanks-premium-bonus-code-key-giveaway

1 Day of Premium Account
Large Repair Kit
1x Personal Reserve: +100% Crew XP for 2 hours

Edited by AKASHA178, 25 August 2018 - 03:51 PM.

AKASHA178 #949 Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:58 PM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

WZ-111 Premium Tank swap

Commanders!

As some may have noticed, the WZ-111 Alpine Tiger is available on sale for a short time.

Due to this, those who have the WZ-111 version can swap the tank no matter the number of battles played on the WZ-111 version of the vehicle.

To have the tank swapped, FOLLOW THIS LINK and submit a ticket to Support.

This ticket category is ONLY for this specific request. Creating tickets there will lead to a swap, as long as you have the WZ-111 and you were not playing with it at the time your request was processed.

Rules of the swap:

Swap will NOT be done immediately but in batches, so, please wait patiently for the confirmation email you will receive when it’s done.

WZ-111 statistics will stay in your Service Record.
Equipment and Consumables will be moved to the Depot.
The Crew will be moved to the Barracks (temporary bunks, if there are no free ones).
The swap is only possible one way (WZ-111 -> WZ-111 Alpine Tiger). There’s no reverse swap.
The swap CAN’T be reversed. There is no going back.

Wargaming Support Team

AKASHA178 #950 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:05 PM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

Andrey Biletskiy (the Design Director of WG):

Their plan is to bring back the majority of the old maps, in exception of „ancient”, perhaps rather problematic maps like Komarin. Working hours are estimated to be about 19 months per map, prototyping included. Making new maps from scratch like Minsk and Studzianki usually takes less time, as replicating an old map to HD per se can take up several months.

Ever since 1.0 came out, they’re working on fixing „vanishing shots”, which tend to occur oftentimes as they were transferring the millions of rigid bodies (collision detection on an individual object based on the shell’s trajectory) into the HD maps.

Apparently this issue is caused when the rigid body was hit in an unexpected way, in other words from an odd angle, hence the shell appearing as if it vanished or hit something invisible.

An estimated amount of time needed to to fix this is undetermined, but according to Andrey, it can take up lots of time and the team will further look right into it based on the player’s feedback.

Before adding any new nations, they’re planning to rework the UI of the tech tree as they ran out of room to add any more flags when the resolution is set at the lowest setting.

No timetable determined.

They’re not planning to add any more SPGs due to the players loathing them.

Nevertheless, it is likely that arty will be seen as a part of the game forever and will therefore stay, no matter what. (cries in Swiss German)
Unfortunately no exact details on the limitation of SPGs per battle were given, as it was quite common to take lots of artillery into battle midst the world wars. (Can’t tell if he’s right)
British Lights are confirmed to come to the game soon™.

As of now they’re trying to figure out how the tree is going to build up, if there are any new mechanics to add to them etc.

No timetable was mentioned, but I assume that they’re at least gonna be announced by Q2 2019.
Swedish lights are also being taken into consideration
, no further mentioning on that though.

Wheeled vehicles, not all, but some are gonna have a mechanism where a certain set of wheels will be retracted with a press of a button (similar to Siege Mode), which changes the way your vehicle handles.

For instance:
Mode 1 – Vehicle moves at its regular speed.
Mode 2 – Vehicle moves at a higher speed, but doesn’t turn as quickly.
Wheeled vehicles will be classified as Light Tanks and will range between Tier V-X. The reason behind the Tier range is that wheeled vehicles in the 30-40s weren’t meant to fight tanks IRL, which means that the odds of having the Lanchester return as a regular vehicle are rather low. :<

The firepower of the wheeled vehicles will be slightly worse compared to regular Lights, in a way that they’ll hardly stand a chance in a 1v1. However, their speed can be advantageous to outrun/circle around the opponent.

Their view range will also be slightly worse compared to regular Lights.

Just like a car, when a wheeled vehicle gets “tracked”, it’ll still be able to move with the majority of its wheels intact. However, it won’t move as quickly.

Hence, as described by Mr. Andrey, wheeled vehicles are meant to be aggressive scouts “that’ll be really hard to stop”.

The only thing he worries about atm is how “pesky” they’re going to be. (For obvious reasons)
There will be a public test (most likely sandbox) specifically for the wheeled vehicles before they’ll hit the regular testserver.

No specific dates have been announced yet though.

Flamethrower tanks are unlikely to come into random battles (due to the fact that they’re basically ineffective against tanks, in exception of Tier Is maybe), but it’s possible that elements like this will be introduced in future PvE Modes, namely replicas of real battles.

Frontline is confirmed to return as soon as they figure out a way to have it perform better on low-spec PCs.
They won’t add anything much to it other than a few technical tweaks to prevent FPS drops, however they’re planning to change its economy a bit. (Yesh! ❤)

Switching between different garages (similar to WoWs) won’t come soon, but is confirmed to come eventually. 3D customization is said to be at a higher priority right now.

No specific dates determined.

Additional perks of having a premium account are expected to come “very soon”. (Oh dear)
I assume that the perks will be part of the next update which will go hand in hand with Shop 2.0. (Exclusive discounts maybe?)

In terms of prem ammo, they’re close at coming up with a solution according to Andrey-kun, including some major changes to HESH-ammo, fixing the issues with the Type 5 Heavy (OMG FINALLY!!) etc.

As of now they’re looking for their colleagues at WoT Console/Blitz to see how their tinkering with ammo values has been working out for them thus far.

The first wheeled vehicle WON’T be a premium, but is likely to have its separate branch next to the B.C. 12t.

AKASHA178 #951 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

Global Map: Alliances

The 10th anniversary season starts on the Global Map in September, and it brings significant changes to clans. The 10th season starts in the second part of September and will last until mid-December, while a massive event will start on the Global Map after the New Year.

General Info

On the Global Map, clans will be able to consolidate hierarchical (feudal) units called Alliances.

Any alliance has a main clan (Major Power) and subordinate clans (Minor Powers). A subordinate clan can have only one major power, while a major power can have several minor powers. Minor powers pay off some of the resources they earn on the Global Map to their major power with special mechanics.

Alliance Features

Within alliances (between a major power and a minor power) the following features will be introduced:

Transferring provinces from one clan to another: A clan can hand over a province it owns to its minor or major power on the Global Map, thus helping an ally to be in the right place on the map at the right time.

Delegating battles: A clan can delegate its attack to a minor or major power on the Global Map. In this case, the allied clan fights in the battle instead of your clan, which allows allies to coordinate their actions and makes warfare on the Global Map more impressive.

Convoys

Once clans arrange their relationship, a minor power needs to pay off some of its earnings on the Global Map to its major power. However, these resources are not sent directly to the major power’s treasury, but instead are transferred via the new battle mode on the Global Map — Convoy.

After a subordinate relationship is approved, a part of the resources the minor clan earns starts accumulating in a special treasury. Once a certain amount of resources has been accumulated, the minor power clan needs to send them to its major power. Other clans (not members of the alliance) can intercept this convoy and plunder some of these resources if victorious.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/LtXbnSt.jpg[/img]

These are the first and most important details. More information regarding the game mechanics will be revealed in the regulations of the 10th season. Keep an eye on the news!

Edited by AKASHA178, 25 August 2018 - 04:09 PM.

AKASHA178 #952 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:20 PM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

Panhard EBL FL

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ynctkAG.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/2ElMK88.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/fXAe4xv.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8YiV3O8.jpg[/img]

Edited by AKASHA178, 25 August 2018 - 04:20 PM.

AKASHA178 #953 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:26 PM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

- Tanks with flamethrowers are unlikely to appear in random battles (due to the fact that they are generally ineffective against tanks, except for the 1st level, maybe), but perhaps something like this can be represented in future PvE modes, and precisely on motives of real battles. 

- The Polish branch was very much waited in Europe, we are basically satisfied with how it turned out. The tree is neatly balanced, we usually try and leave a place for maneuver, because it is always better to apaz than to forget :)

- Of course, the physics of wheel movement differs from the physics of caterpillars, first of all, just at the level of control of the machine itself. If the tank can unfold on the spot unimpeded, then those who drive the car know that this is impossible for wheeled vehicles. "Our wheels" go like a tank can not. On the other hand, tank 2 has caterpillars, and knocking down one of them leads to a stop. At the same time, the car has several wheels, especially for the military: steel foundry tires, special chambers, air injection, etc. It turns out that the car will stop at times more difficult. It will be easier to kill her. Shoot down 1 wheel will not prevent you from continuing the course.

- In the new branch, it comes to 8 wheels for cars, for all in different ways. These wheels are even more interesting because, as in reality, they had a system that allowed to use different number of wheels during the movement. There is a mode in which the wheels are only 4 (the central ones are raised and blocked by the WE comment), but there is a mode in which more wheel pairs are used. At this point in time, dynamics and controllability change when you use different number of pairs. These are the key key mechanics. 

- "Wheel", like an ordinary car is able to start with gas.

- The new wheeled vehicles will be very different from what you could see earlier in the fan mode with the Lancers ("Convoy" | 100 years old tanks). Then it was for us a test of the basic principles of physics. Of course, the development started from him. As a result, we get a qualitative and accurate implementation, rather than it was then in mode. 

- At the moment, in addition to the voiced mechanic, we still have a number of additional. ideas that we want to try. Now we test them together and see what will eventually go into the release, and what's worth keeping. While the final decision did not come. At the end of the year, we want to test all this quite massively. Next, make final edits and already make a full release in 2019. Now it all depends on the tests. We are afraid that there may be a very toxic branch.

- The wheel technics will not be faster Т-100 ЛТ! We have at least limitations. More dynamic - yes. 

- The beginning of the branch will begin in the middle of the tree of France, until we say that this is for a particular car. And while it's only about France (it's still too early to save up for free). 

- According to plans, French wheeled vehicles will begin from the middle of the branch. 

- I do not know what should happen to us to return the general chat © A. Beletsky 

- Stream sniping: I will briefly say that we discuss one of the options for the next year without details © A. Beletsky

- "Port" is exactly our figure for a refund. "Pearl River" is in the lists, but there is no precise understanding of its introduction yet. We still want to focus more on the problem cards that are at the moment. Now we are actively going in terms of maps, each patch we have something in terms of locations. 

The desire to return everything that was brought out recently (with some alterations) is very strong. 

- This year will be WG Fest, already a few months actively preparing.

- Now, according to the new plan, we apaem privileged people very carefully, it is better then to bang one more time. In some machines we are more confident, but there are, for example, IS-6, which is simply a UNREAL number on the server. The more popular the tank, the more neatly we approach its changes. If "apa" after reaching the basis of those point changes for benefits will not be enough, we will return once again to these machines and make adjustments. The company plans to release previously announced edits on benefits in the fall of this year. 

- Next. The patch (after 1.1) will be released in the fall.

Edited by AKASHA178, 25 August 2018 - 04:29 PM.

AKASHA178 #954 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:30 PM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostAKASHA178, on 25 August 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Bonus Code

guys around 750 of them left hurry up before it ran out (its work for all servers)

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1893470/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/world-of-tanks-premium-bonus-code-key-giveaway

1 Day of Premium Account
Large Repair Kit
1x Personal Reserve: +100% Crew XP for 2 hours

guys get it before it ran out :rolleyes:

Ezz #955 Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's always better to bang one more time. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #956 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:07 AM

Major

• 43396 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAKASHA178, on 25 August 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

guys get it before it ran out :rolleyes:

Didn't feel like signing up for their crud just to get a premium day.

AKASHA178 #957 Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:18 AM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

wheel technology of France (this is only a concept). Well, without prema.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/zx5DYju.jpg[/img]

Edited by AKASHA178, 27 August 2018 - 03:19 AM.

Puggsley #958 Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:01 AM

Captain

• 67696 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

19 months to redo one map??? I wish my workplace would be happy with such intensity.

Provide much less vodka and it will happen in a shorter time.

mttspiii #959 Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:08 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31448 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

^That's a fan concept right? Not an official preview from WG?

Because if WG adds half-tracks to the game, we'd be able to start as early as tier 2 with the AMC Schneider P 16, a Kegresse half-track armed with the Renault FT's 37mm. Armor's only ~11mm, but hits 50kph so it's like a wobbly BT-2.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Puggsley #960 Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:53 AM

Captain

• 67696 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postmttspiii, on 27 August 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

^That's a fan concept right? Not an official preview from WG?

Because if WG adds half-tracks to the game, we'd be able to start as early as tier 2 with the AMC Schneider P 16, a Kegresse half-track armed with the Renault FT's 37mm. Armor's only ~11mm, but hits 50kph so it's like a wobbly BT-2.

My reading was that it was from the WG guy (AK can you elaborate?) if you were referring to the 19 month timeframe.

Hell my clients can do all the work necessary to spend a couple of billion USD in that sort of timeframe. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users