• Please log in to reply
1034 replies to this topic

mttspiii #961 Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:10 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29737 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostPuggsley, on 27 August 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

My reading was that it was from the WG guy (AK can you elaborate?) if you were referring to the 19 month timeframe.

Hell my clients can do all the work necessary to spend a couple of billion USD in that sort of timeframe.

Was referring to this post of AKASHA

View PostAKASHA178, on 27 August 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

wheel technology of France (this is only a concept). Well, without prema.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/zx5DYju.jpg[/img]

You just slipped in quickly Puggs. As for a map taking 19 months to redo, yep, I suspect playtesting a map takes that much time, especially since WG is apparently very selective of its playtesters ever since its former playtesters kept leaking everything despite an NDA.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Puggsley #962 Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:58 PM

Captain

• 62495 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

We deal a lot in manufacturing landforms, and have developed a tool to be able to understand "what can be seen from here". We can even model the height of the viewpoint to be that of the perspective of a tall racehorse.....  I've wondered about how to get hold of the maps to do exactly that for myself. :)

That sort of technology could be automated to scan over the map to determine where the blind spots are etc to speed up the process (hell WG may already have something like that). That could at least give a pretty quick indication of the balance of the two sides in terms of vision control of the map prior to a longish tester phase. 

Or maybe they could run a much faster data collection process of allowing general players to tick a "Include maps under development" option, with an appropriate warning about the potential for imbalance. 

Ezz #963 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:16 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64373 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 27 August 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

with an appropriate warning about the potential for imbalance. 

Perhaps they should add that to the 'Battle' button...

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #964 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

Captain

• 62495 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
or maybe "more imbalance than usual"

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #965 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21151 battles
What if imbalance are part of WG business model?

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

Puggsley #966 Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:30 PM

Captain

• 62495 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Is that a tinfoil hat you are putting on Mother?? :P

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #967 Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:08 PM

• 21151 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 27 August 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Is that a tinfoil hat you are putting on Mother?? :P

Yes :D

mttspiii #968 Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29737 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostPuggsley, on 27 August 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

We deal a lot in manufacturing landforms, and have developed a tool to be able to understand "what can be seen from here". We can even model the height of the viewpoint to be that of the perspective of a tall racehorse.....  I've wondered about how to get hold of the maps to do exactly that for myself. :)

That sort of technology could be automated to scan over the map to determine where the blind spots are etc to speed up the process (hell WG may already have something like that). That could at least give a pretty quick indication of the balance of the two sides in terms of vision control of the map prior to a longish tester phase. 

Or maybe they could run a much faster data collection process of allowing general players to tick a "Include maps under development" option, with an appropriate warning about the potential for imbalance. 

Just make sure not to let Carves get that tool of yours; we're running out of arty-safe as is.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

AKASHA178 #969 Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:13 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 34460 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostPuggsley, on 27 August 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

19 months to redo one map??? I wish my workplace would be happy with such intensity.

Provide much less vodka and it will happen in a shorter time.

their main focus is on premium tanks, unfortunately i cant post it without breaking the rules - there is tons of them but we cant talk about it, not even take it for spin - (?the list of premium vehicles going to be on shop soon)(money :coin:)

View Postmttspiii, on 27 August 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

^That's a fan concept right? Not an official preview from WG?

Because if WG adds half-tracks to the game, we'd be able to start as early as tier 2 with the AMC Schneider P 16, a Kegresse half-track armed with the Renault FT's 37mm. Armor's only ~11mm, but hits 50kph so it's like a wobbly BT-2.

yea thats the fan suggested concept nothing is official, but one thing is certain they are not faster than T100LT , almost 0 armor and awful view-range too

View Postmttspiii, on 27 August 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Was referring to this post of AKASHA

You just slipped in quickly Puggs. As for a map taking 19 months to redo, yep, I suspect playtesting a map takes that much time, especially since WG is apparently very selective of its playtesters ever since its former playtesters kept leaking everything despite an NDA.

yea indeed, they wont give developer accounts that easy anymore, only demo accounts are available 

View PostPuggsley, on 27 August 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

the software could be something like 3d Rad since, its mostly like that, due to glitches and failed rigid bodies of map surface, UDK is also similar 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

AKASHA178 #970 Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:17 PM

Smurfette

• 34460 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
E25 going to be on shop soon, on EU confirmed not sure if they bring it to sea too 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

AKASHA178 #971 Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:20 PM

Smurfette

• 34460 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

TOP 4 on the RU-server (numbers of battle )

1. sashapobedit - 203 951 fights 
2. Lestatos - 202 920 fights 
3. berSUMY - 202 125 fights
4. sapiensus - 186 928 fights. 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/fGLZa9P.jpg[/img]

Edited by AKASHA178, 27 August 2018 - 05:20 PM.

FeelTheThunder #972 Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:31 PM

Are you not IN-CRE-DI-BILIS?

• Community Contributor
  • 13396 battles
  • [IMP] IMP
The game will continue for a while I see :trollface:

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #973 Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:39 PM

• 21151 battles
Holy crap, how the [edited] those guy can manage to play for that much. If you count by yolo powergrind meta, 1 game last around 4min. 200k was like.. 300? 500 day? idk, [edited] that. And with 57% winrate, he for sure not powergrinding those game.

pokeranger24 #974 Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:39 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 9662 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 27 August 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Holy crap, how the [edited] those guy can manage to play for that much. If you count by yolo powergrind meta, 1 game last around 4min. 200k was like.. 300? 500 day? idk, [edited] that. And with 57% winrate, he for sure not powergrinding those game.

Account sharing maybe ? Multiple players playing through the same account, russia is pretty big so they can pay in multiple time zones

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

FramFramson #975 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:26 AM

Major

• 39703 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostPuggsley, on 26 August 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

19 months to redo one map??? I wish my workplace would be happy with such intensity.

Provide much less vodka and it will happen in a shorter time.

I saw that and the thought occurred to me that their map team might be a tiny handful of people.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

AKASHA178 #976 Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:43 AM

Smurfette

• 34460 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 27 August 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

he plays 9000 battle less than 3 month 

AKASHA178 #977 Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:15 PM

Smurfette

• 34460 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

- Game balance continues to scoff at the tank Object 279 early (formerly Object 726), which, due to the excessive complexity of the third campaign you will not get! After 1.1 the trail was made. edits of the award-winning tank, they are already based on and ride super-testers on the RU. 

- Price in gold from 100 to 22,500; 
- Armor : 
• forehead of the hull with 170 to 185 
• hull sides with 130 to 120 
• forehead of the tower from 300 to 330.

AKASHA178 #978 Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:52 PM

Smurfette

• 34460 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

Answered by Slava Makarov (Product Director), Andrey Biletskiy (Creative Director of World of Tanks) and Anton Pankov (Publishing Director):

* Work on crew skills are underway, no other news for now;

* Yes, tier V to VII tanks changes are coming (including T67). Stats will be revised (improved);

* WG is experimenting with bridge destruction/avalanches for the future;

* Cross-team chat return is not planned;

* Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in gold; 

* A new CZ prem will appear in the future;

* The T-103 USSR premium of VIII tier will appear next year. The devs have a cunning plan (supposedly a new line leading to the Taran according to rumors);

* A new trade-in campaign will appear;

* Devs don’t plan to change the Grille 15. They are content with it.

* The blogger battles will appear again, the event will be further improved;

* Old player incentives/encouragement – info in December;

* All changes implemented now are for VIII tiers, the lower tiers come next;

bandage106 #979 Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:58 PM

Sergeant

• 6620 battles

View PostAKASHA178, on 10 September 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

Answered by Slava Makarov (Product Director), Andrey Biletskiy (Creative Director of World of Tanks) and Anton Pankov (Publishing Director):

* Work on crew skills are underway, no other news for now;

* Yes, tier V to VII tanks changes are coming (including T67). Stats will be revised (improved);

* WG is experimenting with bridge destruction/avalanches for the future;

* Cross-team chat return is not planned;

* Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in gold; 

* A new CZ prem will appear in the future;

* The T-103 USSR premium of VIII tier will appear next year. The devs have a cunning plan (supposedly a new line leading to the Taran according to rumors);

* A new trade-in campaign will appear;

* Devs don’t plan to change the Grille 15. They are content with it.

* The blogger battles will appear again, the event will be further improved;

* Old player incentives/encouragement – info in December;

* All changes implemented now are for VIII tiers, the lower tiers come next;

This concerns me. " Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in goldWhat does it mean to not be able to balance a tank..? Does it simply mean there is some quantifiable number of passes over the tank where they'd just make the determination that it wasn't worth the effort or are is it exclusive to tanks which are incredibly unbalanced and any changes to them could further create imbalance..? 

I feel we've taken a step back again, I don't want gold for my prem mm tanks, I want to keep them and if that means leaving them in the game as is without touching them then I'd prefer that. I don't want to constantly keep having this conversation and hopefully they can be a little more transparent on what tanks they're considering removing from the game and which ones they feel need to be adjusted.

To add onto this I'd just ask that the changes to premium tanks be a little more expedient. World of Tanks is a constantly changing game, the introduction to new tanks is still ongoing and thus the changes to the balance environment and the further they choose to prolong changes to premium tanks the more work that needs to be done simply because the issue of power creep. There is no point of introducing stop gap changes after 6 months if those changes need to be further adjusted.  

Edited by bandage106, 10 September 2018 - 10:00 PM.

FramFramson #980 Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:07 AM

Major

• 39703 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Leave my crew skills alone, WG.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users