10-17 January - March of the Nations: Japan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

ContentWG #1 Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Charge in with your best samurai battle cry! This is the week for raking in some extra EXP! Read and find out more about discounts on Japanese credit tanks too!

Full news text

Lornitz #2 Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25452 battles

1. All Tier I - V Japan Vehicles (Premium tanks not included)

2. All Tier VI - VII Japan Vehicles (Premium tanks not included

1. There's only one (1) premium tank in the Japanese tech tree as of this date. 

2. There's no premium Japanese tanks in Tier 6 and 7, no need of the side note. 

Edited by Lornitz, 09 January 2014 - 10:45 AM.

Because one does not die when he is killed. One dies when he is forgotten. That's why we will live forever as a legend

Genesong #3 Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

#GetChieftainaChieftain

• Beta-Tester
  • 16325 battles
  • [IRISH] IRISH

View PostLornitz, on 09 January 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

1. All Tier I - V Japan Vehicles (Premium tanks not included)

2. All Tier VI - VII Japan Vehicles (Premium tanks not included

1. There's only one (1) premium tank in the Japanese tech tree as of this date. 

2. There's no premium Japanese tanks in Tier 6 and 7, no need of the side note. 

YAY x5, Uggh x5....

One hand, I Could get my Chi to and Maybe get the WT PZ IV.

The other hand its going to be a rough weekend because of the x5...

Edited by Chieftain_NZ, 09 January 2014 - 11:02 AM.

signature.png

Lornitz #4 Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25452 battles
Would be best if 5x for all victorious battles. :playing:
Because one does not die when he is killed. One dies when he is forgotten. That's why we will live forever as a legend

TsarAlexanders #5 Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Corporal

• 20225 battles
need 200.000 xp for my foch 155, 
x5 xp for first victory very useless

but yeah i know, we just SEA server. little dot on global map.

ouchthathurts #6 Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

Major

• 22729 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTsarAlexanders, on 09 January 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Just like the NA server, EU server and even Russia server are all just "little dots on the global map" in this case.

Thank you for pointing out that the SEA server's being treated just as well as the others, both in getting the same special as others get from time to time and not having what should be a hard grind broken by suddenly, I dunno, giving everybody a quarter million free XP.

All pre-9.5 tier I through VI tanks played and elited.

JRonnie #7 Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12175 battles
  • [-CNM-] -CNM-
x2 crew xp as well.  Something for everyone ;)  Thanks WG Asia.

View PostChieftain_NZ, on 09 January 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

The other hand its going to be a rough weekend because of the x5...

I still contend that it's pretty much impossible to tell the difference on this server.  

zeroyuki92 #8 Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

Sergeant

• 30605 battles
  • [RPS] RPS

View PostTsarAlexanders, on 09 January 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Just SEA being SEA. No words of Gratitude in most of their vocabulary.
>X2 for all victories
"Nooo I can only play for 1-2 hours everyday, this is useless for me!"
>x5 for first victory
"Nooo x5 is useless for my 200k grind, this is useless for me!"

They even add x2 crew exp, I think it's a really good deal for some serious weekend gaming. I just hope the pubs could be a bit tolerable.

TsarAlexanders #9 Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

Corporal

• 20225 battles

View Postzeroyuki92, on 09 January 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Just SEA being SEA. No words of Gratitude in most of their vocabulary.
>X2 for all victories
"Nooo I can only play for 1-2 hours everyday, this is useless for me!"
>x5 for first victory

They even add x2 crew exp, I think it's a really good deal for some serious weekend gaming. I just hope the pubs could be a bit tolerable.

sorry mate, can you tell me how about this?
long day ago we only have 30% discounts on tier III premiums, x3 daily bonus when other servers have x5 bonus. and the most epic fail no discounts equipment for three months

for WG : dont think local when you sell your product for global, we only liitle dot on wargaming global marketing map

TovarishTony #10 Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Captain

• 16668 battles
  • [CCCP] CCCP
Now this starts to get real ugly as the pubs are at their worst again!!
Я помню! Я горжусь!

_SIayer #11 Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 40343 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

no x2 crew xp...

:tongue:

EDIT: 

oh it's on the 14th , my bad

Edited by Kyou, 10 January 2014 - 06:27 PM.

neokai #12 Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

View Postzeroyuki92, on 09 January 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

>x5 for first victory

If you read carefully the x5 first vict and x2 all battles (and x2/x3 crew exp) missions do not run concurrently.

Edited by neokai, 10 January 2014 - 04:52 PM.

Spoiler

deathichigo09 #13 Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 10307 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-
Nice event and bring more noob suiciders in the game

GamVino #14 Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69905 battles
  • [AGILA] AGILA

Hello WG,

I am very pleased with the in-game events that you guys keep introducing and I really really enjoy them. They make me play WoT more and more. Just a bit of comment for the current one, the March of Nations, though very grand and interesting, there's no way for most of the tankers to fulfill 700,000 xp in a month's time specially with several constraints such as not enough credits to buy back tier 6 tanks to begin with. Like in my case I play WoT at an average of about 4-5 hours a day and still have a hard time earning those xp points (and to make matters worst when you're in losing teams 70% of the time:facepalm:). Anyway, what I'm trying to drive at, now that the end of the March of Nations is just a few days away, and the fact that majority of the tankers will not be able to make the 7 nation sweep, will there be some sort of a bit of compensation or reward for those who weren't able to make it for the IS-6 grand price? Let's say WG can base it on how many nations a tanker was able to complete or something like that? I was just thinking of a little consideration from your end that's all and it would really make every tanker happy. It can be in gold value or perhaps premium days or anything similar.:medal:  I hope WG would consider my thoughts on this. More power to you WG! Keep up the good gaming work. You're the best! :playing:

ouchthathurts #15 Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Major

• 22729 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Well, there has already been some compensation in the form of up to 18 days of premium account status given to those who didn't complete all the missions but came close. I don't object to giving something a little more substantial than that, but it was pretty clear going in that this would be a tough mission.

Here are a few things to think about that may ease your pain and help you out in the future.

1. When looking at missions and other specials, consider whether or not the special is really for you. There's deliberately a wide range of these in the game because of the wide variety of players, with differing likes, skill levels, talents and available time. Check back over your past performance (such as looking up, in the stats sites, how much XP you've earned over the past four weeks--you can multiply your battle count by your average XP per battle to get this) to see if it's anywhere what you would need for a campaign like this, keeping in mind you need to earn not only the 700,000 for all the missions, but also enough to grind up the Japanese line to tier 6 and that you'll have some battles where you're not in the top 10 and so the XP isn't credited to the mission.

2. For missions that take some effort, consider if there isn't something you can do to give it another payback, in case you don't achieve the primary objective. I had a fair number of tier 6 tanks that I was going to grind at some point anyway, so I just moved those from near the bottom to the top of my priority list when the mission started, so that I'd be doing something that I was going to do eventually anyway, mission or not. I was set to abandon my pursuit of the mission, at basically no loss whatsoever, if after a week things weren't on track.

Tanitha #16 Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Wargaming

• 4565 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostTsarAlexanders, on 10 January 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

sorry mate, can you tell me how about this?
long day ago we only have 30% discounts on tier III premiums, x3 daily bonus when other servers have x5 bonus. and the most epic fail no discounts equipment for three months

for WG : dont think local when you sell your product for global, we only liitle dot on wargaming global marketing map

The main point is, we wont put everything on max discount every week. So expect that and then there wont be any disappointments.

And when we put an item on max discount that you want, buy it, knowing its not likely to be on max discount again in the short future.

And if we put something on a normal special (average rates) and you want it cheaper, then yell at yourself (not us) for not buying it when it was on a super special last time.

1. Long day ago we only have 30% discounts on tier III premiums

We just had 2 weeks of all premium tanks discounted, including T I-V - 50% off.

http://worldoftanks....ason-mega-sale/

Players have ample opportunities to buy items at max discounted rates.

But this will not be every week.

2. , x3 daily bonus when other servers have x5 bonus

And now we have a x5, when all other servers don't. (Which is even written in the OP)

And our x5 is at a better timing, Friday -> Monday when our players want specials, not mid week, and is when players need it for the Japanese tree.
So better than all other servers.

3.  And the most epic fail no discounts equipment for three months

Sales are analyzed weekly, well that and other figures such as player activity, etc.

If a discount doesn't sell well and thus isn't successful, its not put on very often.

But again its back to, Equipment was just on special for most of  Xmas at 50% off.

It wont be at that every week, if you find you didn't buy enough to last you, well buy more next time.

4. for WG : dont think local when you sell your product for global, we only liitle dot on wargaming global marketing map

You may draw little dots where ever you wish, It doesn't make much difference though.

Asia's server's specials / missions / gift-shops, are put on by Asia. Sure there is some global guidelines by HQ which we flex as much as possible, or propose alterations to to get more enhancements. (Such as the free M4 sherman with 25k gold packs that are on at the moment, or the 100k gold discounted 10% packs, both of which are outside of normal guidelines).

And occasionally there are some global specials over special periods like Xmas, But even then Asia was the only server who didn't run with the global plan as we wanted to enhance things a bit for our players, like moving the x5 from midweek to this weekend for the Japanese tree focus for just one example.

Asia's also the only server where such an important task of specials / missions / gift-shops are done by senior management (producer).

All in all you are here for fun, so feel free to come here, and have fun.
Enjoy the specials in place, the missions, clanwars, regular forum competitions, the huge esports program where the finals will be played at the Taipei game show shortly, the on ground gatherings, cyber cafe events, etc etc..

I'm here to read your constructive criticism, not many other servers have senior managers posting to them.

But please make the criticism constructive, complaining we have a better x5 exp for first victories this week when everyone else doesn't, but didn't have one last week. Isn't very valid.

In short. Relax and have fun, its what you are here for, no?

/Tan

Tanitha #17 Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Wargaming

• 4565 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostGamVino, on 11 January 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hello WG,

I am very pleased with the in-game events that you guys keep introducing and I really really enjoy them. They make me play WoT more and more. Just a bit of comment for the current one, the March of Nations, though very grand and interesting, there's no way for most of the tankers to fulfill 700,000 xp in a month's time specially with several constraints such as not enough credits to buy back tier 6 tanks to begin with. Like in my case I play WoT at an average of about 4-5 hours a day and still have a hard time earning those xp points (and to make matters worst when you're in losing teams 70% of the time:facepalm:). Anyway, what I'm trying to drive at, now that the end of the March of Nations is just a few days away, and the fact that majority of the tankers will not be able to make the 7 nation sweep, will there be some sort of a bit of compensation or reward for those who weren't able to make it for the IS-6 grand price? Let's say WG can base it on how many nations a tanker was able to complete or something like that? I was just thinking of a little consideration from your end that's all and it would really make every tanker happy. It can be in gold value or perhaps premium days or anything similar.:medal:  I hope WG would consider my thoughts on this. More power to you WG! Keep up the good gaming work. You're the best! :playing:

Hi.

As ouch has pointed out, each section came with 3 days premium for those that didn't want to complete the whole mission or didn't manage to complete the whole mission.

Its a shame you might not make it, but there is a x5 on now this weekend which might help a little.

Good luck.

/Tan

SniperEliteSF #18 Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 55683 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostGamVino, on 11 January 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hello WG,

I really can't understand why people can't make it. You only need 24k exp a day for 30 days to get the 700k experience required. Getting 24k exp a day is just a few hours of playing and doing the x2. Plus there was a weekend of x2 on all battles and another event of x2 on all victories. 

I finished mine on 21 days. I did not even play everyday and just spent a couple of hours playing. It could had been earlier if I did not wait for the premium tank sale to turn off in order to get the full gold compensation. So if I did it on 21 days without playing everyday and just for a couple of hours, I don't see any reason that others can't get it. Just play two tanks each nation. 

As stated, the 3 days premium time after finishing one nation is good enough for a compensation. 

World of Tanks Philippines Official Unofficial Facebook Group

OFFICIALLY RETIRED, HEMAN AND ALDWIN PLAYING MY ACCOUNT. IF ITS DOING WEIRD AND CHATTING LIKE HEMAN THEN IT IS HEMAN.

Ottomatic_Reiffel #19 Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

SealClub Number 6

• Beta-Tester
  • 24192 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
@Tan - Will the good specials continue throughout the year or will we fall behind the other servers again?

See no bots, hear no bots, speak not about bots

WoT's most dedicated players

ouchthathurts #20 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

Major

• 22729 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTanitha, on 11 January 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

(Such as the free M4 sherman with 25k gold packs that are on at the moment....)

Actually, to be precise, it's a 30k gold pack.

Not that it makes that much difference; either way it was and is brilliant. (I bought mine a couple of weeks ago.)

You know you've probably been whacked over the head with too many premium tank deals when you all you've got left to do is wonder if you should buy a package to get a cruddy M3 LIght. (No, I can't bring myself to do it.)

Well, I suppose there are a few other things one could ask for. Pz.II Ausf. J? Pretty please? I hardly care about the cost.

If that's too much to ask for, what about trying to drag out the A-32?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users