Fruity's Fantastically Fabulous Guide to Equipping your Tank

Equipment Skills Perks Guide Fruity

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this a useful guide? (139 members have cast votes)

Is this information useful for the WoT playerbase?

1. Voted Yes (123 votes [88.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.49%

2. No (16 votes [11.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Fruity_Ninja #1 Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I see a lot of random threads/questions pop up about equipment and skill/perk choices, as well as getting asked numerous times by in game friends and acquaintances for advice on optimal equipment/skill/perk setups on different tanks.  I've experimented with many different combinations and read a lot of information from the best players on other servers as to what does what and how to best abuse the advantages it gives you in game.

So anyway, after all this time playing the game, I have developed a blueprint for how I setup certain classes and types of tanks.  There are sometimes exceptions, but in general this is how I recommend to setup effectively to abuse the advantages of that class/type of tank.

Before we start, I want to clarify that I am a big believer in maximising my tanks ability to use its firepower and/or help your team use theirs.  This is a game of firepower and HP- the more effective your own firepower means you can deplete your enemies HP quicker whilst preserving your own.  The ‘what if’ pieces of equipment (e.g. WAR, Cyclone Filter, CO2 tanks) I view as a waste of time, as the benefits are rarely felt and you give up a lot of potential and consistent benefit by forgoing a more useful piece of equipment.

Anyway, I hope this helps out some of the lesser experienced players (or any player) who wants information on equipment choices and optimal setups.  Note that I have purposefully picked out crews of 2-3 skills, as I believe this is the most feasible option for most people- I do have a few 4 skill crews, but most people don’t get that far for a long time.

Heavy Tanks

A heavy tank is for fighting, regardless of its flavour.  Some can take a lot of punishment and be right on the front (E100, IS-6), whilst others must be a little more careful (VK45A, KV-1S).  Either way, I have 2 different ways to setup a heavy tank- usually dependant on the gun handling characteristics of the tank in question.  It is all about maximising its fighting potential from close range out to 250m, where the majority of the action for these tanks will take place.

Option 1: Tanks with long aimtime/bad gun handling

Equipment- Rammer, GLD, Vert Stab

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th/Snapshot/SmoothRide/SafeStowage, Full Repair.

Spoiler

Option 2: Tanks with better gun handling

Equipment- Vents, Rammer, Vert Stab

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th/Snapshot/Clutch/SafeStowage, Full Repair

Spoiler

Notes:  Clutch braking and Smooth Ride are interchangeable on option 2 if preferred, but given good gun handling characteristics I go with Clutch first because it maximises the ability to change the direction my frontal armor is facing.   Again, the main difference here is the Vents/GLD trade off and the driver skill.  For my decision I always look at tank handling overall vs. gun handling- but with both options aiming to maximise close-mid range combat potential.

Exceptions:  Autoloading heavies (T57 Heavy, 50 100 etc.)

Medium Tanks

Medium Tanks are a flexible class, made to flank and deal damage, to scout when need be, and to flex on the battlefield with their mobility.  Vision control is of paramount importance to the game, and most meds can contribute to the battle in this area (e.g. US meds, USSR meds, Chinese meds).  For this reason, I maximise the combat capability as much as I can, but as secondary to the tanks ability to spot for the team and itself, and also to remain concealed. 

Option 1: Mediums with scouting capability and/or good gun handling characteristics

Equipment- Optics, Rammer, Vert Stab

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th+3x Repair, Full Camo

Spoiler

Option 2(a): Mediums with a combat focus and/or bad gun handling characteristics

Equipment- GLD or Vents/Rammer/VertStab

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th/Repair/SafeStowage/Full Camo

Option 2(b): as above 2(a)

Equipment- GLD or Vents/Rammer/VertStab

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th/SnapShot/SmoothRide/SafeStowage, Full Repair

Spoiler

Notes:  It is flexible Option 1 or 2, dependent on the playstyle you are going for and/or the type of medium you are driving.  I tend to find Option 1 is what I use on most mediums, but I mostly drive US and USSR mediums.  I can see how Chinese mediums can be set-up either way, or something like the E50 line would probably be more in line with option 3.

Exceptions: Batchat (would probably be set up more like a scout (see below for Storm's build), and all autoloading mediums (T69, T54E1 etc.)

Added 02/05/15 (was too lazy to put it in the OP before)- courtesy of Fruitcake

Alternate Medium Build #1- Rich Mans Build

Conditions-  Not for those poor on credits.  Not for those who are not great at positioning and get hammered in their mediums all the time.  Recommended mainly for better players, as not everyone will be able to squeeze the extra performance out of this build.  Great for scouty or vision abuse medium players.  Need a 4 skill crew minimum.

The Build

Equipment- Optics, Rammer, Vert Stab

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th/Snap Shot/Preventative Maintenance/Safe Stowage, Full Camo, 3x Repair/Situational Awareness

Consumables-  Premium Food, Repair Kit, Premium First Aid

The Idea Behind It..

The idea behind this is to maximise the tank crews performance, but it comes at an increased risk of damage.  Obviously the FE/Auto FE is left off in place of a +10% boost to the crew skills (equivalent to another BIA+ Vents on the tank), which further stacks with the BIA already on the crew skills.  This highly skilled crew is maximising everything from DPM, view range, camouflage, all tank and gun handling characteristics etc.  With situational awareness, the crew boost (bia, food), optics and a full camo crew- you are able to abuse vision more than ever before.  The increased chance of fire (I still don't recommend for overly flammable mediums) and crew/module damage is offset using 'preventative skills'- namely a large first aid kit, safe stowage and most importantly, preventative maintenance

My Personal Verdict..

Definately not for everyone,and truthfully the benefits wouldn't be able to be exploited by a lot of players.  However for a great player who excels in mediums, and plays a lot of vision games and scouts a lot- then it is definately a feasible alternative.  I have played around 40 games with this build now over 3 tanks- M46 Patton, Leopard Prototype and the T-54.  I have yet to catch fire in them yet, and it is making me pay particular attention to my positioning.  The way the tank and gun handles is amazing, and being a very vision based player I have definately been able to exploit it.  It is however, sending me broke! :smile:

T-54 Example Setup

Spoiler

Added 02/05/15- courtesy of Snowtroop3r

Alternate Medium Build #2- Gun Handling Build (no Rammer)

Spoiler 

This switches out the rammer in favour of vents, used primarily on mediums with mediocre-bad gun handling it attempts to minimse the time spent aiming. The theory behind it is that you will gain more effective DPM than you will lose in paper DPM, as things like gun handling and turret traverse all effect how possible it is to actually fire, hit and then pen your shots, by minimising the negative effects of bad gun handling you will hit more often, and spend less time aiming, which in theory would result in a higher DPM than if you had used a rammer in the same situation. Also you spend less time aiming which means you spend less time exposed, less exposure = less chance they have of shooting back, the benefits of that don't need explaining.

Alternate Medium Build #3- Scouty Build

Spoiler 

(I know the BatChat can't use a rammer anyway, but the concept is the same).

The idea here is to focus on improving the tank's potential as a scout at the expense of DPM, by swapping the rammer for vents you're losing a bit of DPM, but gaining a slight boost in camo, view range and gun handling, this is only really useful in high tier tanks where the gaps in view range is really small (basically tier 9/10 where everything has a 380m+ view range), as a small boost, especially in conjunction with BiA and/or food will result in you being able to always spot other tanks first, for something like a Leo 1 or BatChat that's obviously a huge advantage, as it will allow you to get the first shot off every time, and then pull back before you get hit.

Thanks Stormy :girl:

Tank Destroyers

TD’s to me are all about the gun, and in most cases trying to remain concealed.  Again I try to maximise the effectiveness of using the gun, and in most TD’s I set up for vision.  In nearly all cases I want to keep concealed and work with a camo crew.

Option 1: TDs with bad gun handling characteristics

Equipment- GLD, Rammer, Optics

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th+repair, full camo

Spoiler

Option 2: TD’s with better gun handling characteristics

Equipment- Vents, Rammer, Optics

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th+repair, full camo

Spoiler

Notes:  In all cases I am using camo on the crew, and the trade-off is whether to maximise the gun handling or whether the gun handling is good enough to actually forgo the GLD.  Option 1 is also good for those with a vision focus that will play further back from the action (regardless of gun handling), as the shortest aim time possible is extremely beneficial to those long range shots on moving targets.  Nothing worse than the reticle blooming because the target moved out of your guns traverse range. 

Disclaimer:  You’ll note my bad crews here, so I have given the skill setup for what my crew will look like on the 3rd skill.  At least you get a picture of how my crew looks until I retrain on my 3rd skill.

Exceptions: A more heavily armored type of TD, such as T95 style tanks, and the AT British series.  Now admittedly I have no experience with these tanks, so I am not 100% sure how I would set them up.  If anyone has feedback let me know and I can add to thread.

Added 02/05/15- courtesy of Isuzu_Hana

Alternate TD Build #1- The Truck

Well it can only be use for several heavy TD like T95 / E3 / JPE. I won't recommend it for 183 since its armor like a butter. Oh well, anyway, this build can also be applied for super heavy tanks like E-100. 

Crew Skill Setup

Commander : BiA, Sixth Sense, Jack of All Trades, Repair
Gunner         : BiA, Designated Target, Repair, Armorer
Driver           : BiA, Preventive Maintenance, Clutch Breaking, Repair
Radio            : Bia, Situational Awareness, Repair, Camo
Loader 1        : BiA, Safe Stowage, Repair, Camo
Loader 2        : BiA, Adrenaline Rush, Repair, Camo

Equipment & Consumables

Spoiler

With the help of Spall Liner, my crew rarely got injured. Even if it got injured, only driver / loader, mostly. Only once my gunner dead, and it was because waffle spammed APCR to my superstructure. Even when my gunner's dead, I can still sniping and still quite accurate, thanks to Jack of All Trades. Ofc it means I sacrificed Recon skill for maximum view range. But who cares about that, when u drive such fat tank without camo whatsoever......?

I choose camo since I don't have other useful skills :teethhappy: And to make use of this build, at least you have 3-skills crew. Don't force it if u only have 1 or 2-skills crew. Just reset it with gold when u reach it.....

Thanks Isuzu :)

Hopefully some players out there find my thoughts and this information useful.  Please feel free to discuss and ask questions!

Edited by Fruity_Ninja, 02 May 2015 - 11:40 PM.

Fruity_Ninja #2 Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

But Fruity, you left some great tools out of the toolbox?!

You can clearly see my preferences shine through here.  Again, a lot of this is from hearing some of the best player’s thoughts, playing around with the different ideas myself, and then refining to different tanks I used.  Obviously, this is all in line with my own playstyle.

There are quite a few bits of equipment and skills/perks that I still find useful.  I do use them on lesser skilled crews, and if it hits the 4th skill some of these miscellaneous skills come into play.  I’ll give a bit of information on them, as below.

Other Equipment

Toolbox- useful for when you are saving credits on a new tank for equipment as it is demountable.  It may also have some use in a build made for a heavily armored beast like the AT TD’s or the T95.

Binos- can use on passive scout style tanks, low tiers for vision abuse, or as you are saving up credits on a new tank for equipment.

Camo Net- again it is demountable, and may serve as a temporary fill in.  It may have use on a passive scout style tank, or for low tier vision abuse.

Notes: I have 2-3 of each of these in my garage for these purposes and am able to rotate, mainly on my scouts and lower tier fun tanks.

Other Skills/Perks

Commander- I don’t use Mentor, but for those wanting to advance crews quicker it may have merit.  Recon I use on meds, TDs and lights for vision control- usually on new crews and really experienced crews (but it rarely gives way to BIA, camo, repair)

Driver- This is the only really hard crew member to skill.  You can see which ones I use the most (smooth ride for gunnery and clutch for mobility).  However, Off-Road is a great skill for meds/lights and Preventative Maintenance has merit on certain tanks and really skilled crews.

Gunner- Designated Target.  I have never used, but will be experimenting with it over the coming months, due to some comments from better players as to its effectiveness.  I envisage it being great on meds, lights and TDs.

Radioman- Situational Awareness, which is in the same boat as recon.

Loader- They all suck, so as you can see I use safe stowage a lot- which is at least of some benefit. Again, I am not big on preventative perks at all, and the other options are next to useless unless you have an extremely skilled crew.

Edited by Fruity_Ninja, 12 January 2014 - 12:01 PM.

Tringapore #3 Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

resident countryball

• Beta-Tester
  • 14504 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

Heavily Armoured TDs usually use these:

Toolbox

Vents

Rammer

Spall liner

GLD

Depends on how you want to play them though, personally I go with Toolbox, rammer and vents for my E3.

Edited by Tringapore, 12 January 2014 - 11:58 AM.

Beware the scrub, the box and the 555.

Fruity_Ninja #4 Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Ok, here are the rest of the classes.

Autoloaders

Autoloaders are all about the gun, and their burst damage potential.  The ability to add overwhelming firepower to any situation, and quickly turn the tide of a skirmish.  Accordingly, I've always been of the opinion that maximising the ability to deal this damage with limited exposure is the way to go.  I have also experimented with optics as well for a more vision based setup, and it also has merits.

Option 1:  Maximising gun control setup

Equipment- Vents, GLD, Vert Stab

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th/SnapShot/SmoothRide/SafeStowage, Full Repair/Camo

Spoiler

Option 2:  Vision based setup

Equipment- Optics, GLD, Vert Stab

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th/SnapShot/SmoothRide/SafeStowage, Full Repair/Camo

Notes:  Full repair is able to be swapped for full camo if you deem it necessary i.e. tank is smaller or better camo value.  My example given is for the T57 Heavy.  I have the same setup on T69, however instead of full repair I will go full camo with the last lot of skills.  There are a lot of different autoloaders, but one of these 2 setups is what I would always go.  The worse the gun handling, the more the focus on improving that should be.  Side note:  Batchat, AMX series, T71- these could fall under a typical autoloader setup, or more than likely they would be setup with one of the scouting setups.

Light Tanks - Courtesy of Ezz!

Basically my approach in terms of skill and equipment is always to improve on the strengths of a tank then try to use the tank to make the most of that. Hence lights which are typically highly camo'd, highly mobile tanks with good view range - i therefore go for camo, mobility and view range. It should be noted that in today's meta lights tend to need to do more damage themselves, hence a few of the aiming perks may be useful over the mobility ones.

From an equipment basis i either run my med setup of optics, vstab, rammer (WZ132 / Type 62 / Chaffee). Or for auto loaders i slot in vents (and tend to go for BiA sooner) (13 90, Bat). The 13 90 and type 64 which can't mount vstab i've gone for a vision double with optics and binos - but i could probably take one out and run a GLD.

Option 1:  Mixed Combat/Vision Focused Scout 

Equipment- Optics, Rammer, Vert Stab

Crew Skills- See Ezz's crews below.  Camo and 6th being the first preference.

Option 2:  Combat Focused Scout 

Equipment- Vents, Rammer/GLD, Vert Stab/GLD

Option 3:  Vision Focused Scout

Equipment- Vents, Optics/Binos + Personal Preference (Camo net could be good addition here for passive scouting, or stack Optics/Binos for active/passive scouting to both be maximised)

Spoiler

Artillery- Courtesy of Carves!

Ok, so I've stopped being lazy.  Now I will add in the section for the artillery players.  Again this is 100% based on what information I could get from Carves, whom is known as a good arty player on this server.  So we can take it as accurate.  Screenshots..

So from this I would gather there are 2 setups Carves uses.

Option 1-  Open Top Artillery

Equipment-  GLD, Rammer, Camo Net

Crew Skills- BIA, 6th+Camo

Option 2- Closed Top Artillery

Equipment- GLD, Rammer, Vents

Skills- BIA, 6th+Camo

Further parts of the conversation really indicated that every other skill/perk is secondary to this for artillery.  I actually use the same setups on artillery myself, except I had always gone 6th+camo first, and then BIA- however it does make perfect sense to put BIA first, given that getting shots on target is the main role of artillery.

Thanks Carves for the information.  And thanks to everyone for their patience in my final update.

Edited by ForkUrNinja, 08 February 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Tringapore #5 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

resident countryball

• Beta-Tester
  • 14504 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

TBH alot of TDs are actually armoured bunkers instead of the actual TD role.

However, beacause of a few drinks of the good o'le vodka in minsk, the T95 has better camo than the 704.

Im serious.

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camouflage?country=all&vehicletype=td&tier=9&showLines=30

Fruity_Ninja #6 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTringapore, on 12 January 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

TBH alot of TDs are actually armoured bunkers instead of the actual TD role.

However, beacause of a few drinks of the good o'le vodka in minsk, the T95 has better camo than the 704.

Im serious.

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/camouflage?country=all&vehicletype=td&tier=9&showLines=30

Interesting information.  Truthfully I favour camo on most TD's, so I do use the skill a lot.  One thing on the T95 having camo is that it is still very exposed should it be caught in the open, I might be liable to play it in cities etc, rendering camo of less use.  But truthfully, I do not know how I would set it up and play it optimally.

I think I would struggle, slower armored tanks gel less with my natural playstyle.

brb- going to eat something, then I will insert the pictures and the last bits of information I have prepared.

Tringapore #7 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

resident countryball

• Beta-Tester
  • 14504 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostFruity_Ninja, on 12 January 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Interesting information.  Truthfully I favour camo on most TD's, so I do use the skill a lot.  One thing on the T95 having camo is that it is still very exposed should it be caught in the open, I might be liable to play it in cities etc, rendering camo of less use.  But truthfully, I do not know how I would set it up and play it optimally.

I think I would struggle, slower armored tanks gel less with my natural playstyle.

brb- going to eat something, then I will insert the pictures and the last bits of information I have prepared.

I just find it hilarious

>305mm front

>152 angled side

>goes at 13km/h

>has 2nd best camo for TDs.

_Aigis_ #8 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

The Big 7

• Beta-Tester
  • 8790 battles
I use , bino, rammer and camp net on my borsig, is super effective

SaltyMemeMan_CAMMA #9 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34175 battles
See mods, fruity does more to help the player base than you do. Nice work fruity. If I was a mod I'd give you gold or something that shows that the WG team appreciates your thread. Unfortunately I'm not. So here's a mythical cookie.

SpruceMoosey #10 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 9235 battles
  • [RATS] RATS

Pfft, 3 spall liners on all tanks :blinky:

Nah but for reals, Good advices, I am a big fan of vents tho and they are a good start for any new tank you get until you learn it and decide how to specialise it.    Remember it only costs 10 gold to unlock gear, so playing around with your equipment can be one of the best investments of gold in the game.

Even then I usually leave the vents on most tanks and add other bits.

Carry on sirs, nothing to be seen here.

Regards Sprucey

Fruity_Ninja #11 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostIJN_Nagato, on 12 January 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

I use , bino, rammer and camp net on my borsig, is super effective

Yeah like my 2nd post, I do still use these from time to time.  Truthfully I have not played Borsig yet.

I'd more than likely set up like my ISU.  What is the Borsig viewrange?

The thing is the camo on it is extraordinarily high, and with camo paint, a full camo crew, BIA (maybe vents), plus optics (and maybe view range skills)- that will get you out to maximum invisibility and max viewrange anyway.  I haven't done the math on this particular TD, but you'd find with the right crew equipment setup, then the binos are close to overkill.  Camo net too, given it will be extremely hard to spot as is.

It's all about what you want to give up in gun handling to get the bonuses in the other areas, and whether forgoing bino/camo net is actually going to disadvantage you more than the worse gun handling.  I guess dependent on gun choice- I imagine 128mm has good handling vs. 150mm with bad handling?

I will unlock and try it one day.  It looks like a fabulous TD.

Fruity_Ninja #12 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postcammaman, on 12 January 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

See mods, fruity does more to help the player base than you do. Nice work fruity. If I was a mod I'd give you gold or something that shows that the WG team appreciates your thread. Unfortunately I'm not. So here's a mythical cookie.

lol

Thanks bro :smile:

*eats mythical cookie*

MagicalFlyingFox #13 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 33480 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA

Arty? GLD, Rammer and Vents/camo net (if it isnt a giant thing like the end tier germans). Skills (important ones), BIA, 6th sense, camo (if its not huge...), clutch braking, designated target I guess... maybe situational awareness...

Ill add more when I look at what ive got.and whats available there

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 12 January 2014 - 12:58 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Fruity_Ninja #14 Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 12 January 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Arty? GLD, Rammer and Vents/camo net (if it isnt a giant thing like the end tier germans). Skills (important ones), BIA, 6th sense, camo (if its not huge...), clutch braking, designated target I guess... maybe situational awareness...

Ill add more when I look at what ive got.and whats available there

I just messaged Carves, hopefully he can assist.  Dependent on his information, I'll hopefully be able to update the post to include arty advice Carves styles.  

Autoloaders will be there soon.

I need a light tank specialist/beast, that can possibly assist here- then I will update again.  Anyone know someone?

SaltyMemeMan_CAMMA #15 Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34175 battles

HypeRR from KAC or Ezz.

mostly camo for passive scouts. Sixth sense is a must. BIA, driving skills, repair... Camo paint.

binocs/net/vents for passive

Optics/torsion bars/vents. Active.. Though I'm sure people will disagree.

Fruity_Ninja #16 Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postcammaman, on 12 January 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

HypeRR from KAC or Ezz.

mostly camo for passive scouts. Sixth sense is a must. BIA, driving skills, repair... Camo paint.

binocs/net/vents for passive

Optics/torsion bars/vents. Active.. Though I'm sure people will disagree.

Cool thanks.  I'll try Ezz, see if he can send some screenshots of his Katniss Everdeen inspired crews as well.

Airborne447 #17 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 12698 battles

What so you recommend first skill on IS-3? 

Start with repairs then swap out for BIA? Then go on repairs again, swap out for 6th sense? 

Click for real sig -> Started back on tanks but am terrible

Bad@Poasting.Bad@Tonks.Gud@Raging

Hear no bots, see no bots, speak not about bots

_Aigis_ #18 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

The Big 7

• Beta-Tester
  • 8790 battles
Fruity the borsig currently has the best view range in all T8 TD 400m , and i think it also got the best camo value too in all TD, with a fully traversable turret and a great gun, is safe to say borsig is the best TD in game

JellyBob_ #19 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 47373 battles
OK Fruity where did you copy and paste this info from .........    :honoring:    ........ some peoples post counts are almost the same as their battle count ......... GOSH!     :girl:

Edited by Penfold, 12 January 2014 - 02:18 PM.

Fruity_Ninja #20 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPenfold, on 12 January 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

OK Fruity where did you copy and paste this info from .........    :honoring:    ........ some peoples post counts are almost the same as their battle count ......... GOSH!     :girl:

Not funny Penfold.  I've been doing this for 3-4 hours now, all my own thoughts.  But I am chilling at home today, so had the time to do something constructive for once instead of the constant trolling.  

View PostIJN_Nagato, on 12 January 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Fruity the borsig currently has the best view range in all T8 TD 400m , and i think it also got the best camo value too in all TD, with a fully traversable turret and a great gun, is safe to say borsig is the best TD in game

400m viewrange, with the best camo value- that's insane.  I could make that work.  I'd also personally use the exact same setup as the ISU- I'd say, maybe vents for GLD if the aim time/gun handling was acceptable.  Do you use the 128mm or the 155mm?  And what are the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other?

View PostAirborne447, on 12 January 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

What so you recommend first skill on IS-3? 

Start with repairs then swap out for BIA? Then go on repairs again, swap out for 6th sense? 

Ok..So normally I'd run 6th + repairs on the first skill.  Once that is complete, I would go repairs on commander, then snap shot, smooth ride and whatever you want on loader.

I'd let 3rd tick over and get a fair way into it, then retrain to BIA then 6th/Smooth/Snap/SS then Full Repairs.  You could continue down the path of waiting until the 4th skill if you really wanted to, but given that camo is not that useful on a heavy tank I've found retraining during the 3rd skill works out the best.

In a nutshell, for a one skill crew I go like this.  Mediums and TD's- always camo, and Heavies- always repairs.  Obviously with 6th sense on all classes as soon as available.

Also tagged with Equipment, Skills, Perks, Guide, Fruity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users