Fruity's Fantastically Fabulous Guide to Equipping your Tank

Equipment Skills Perks Guide Fruity

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this a useful guide? (141 members have cast votes)

Is this information useful for the WoT playerbase?

1. Voted Yes (125 votes [88.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.65%

2. Voted No (16 votes [11.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Airborne447 #21 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 12807 battles

View PostFruity_Ninja, on 12 January 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

Ok..So normally I'd run 6th + repairs on the first skill.  Once that is complete, I would go repairs on commander, then snap shot, smooth ride and whatever you want on loader.

I'd let 3rd tick over and get a fair way into it, then retrain to BIA then 6th/Smooth/Snap/SS then Full Repairs.  You could continue down the path of waiting until the 4th skill if you really wanted to, but given that camo is not that useful on a heavy tank I've found retraining during the 3rd skill works out the best.

In a nutshell, for a one skill crew I go like this.  Mediums and TD's- always camo, and Heavies- always repairs.  Obviously with 6th sense on all classes as soon as available.

Basically that's what I'm doing now.. But I like to keep repairs usually (goddamn meds like to perms track )

Click for real sig -> Started back on tanks but am terrible

Bad@Poasting.Bad@Tonks.Gud@Raging

Hear no bots, see no bots, speak not about bots

Fruity_Ninja #22 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAirborne447, on 12 January 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

Basically that's what I'm doing now.. But I like to keep repairs usually (goddamn meds like to perms track )

I have tried going without repairs, when I read a unicum was trying it out on NA.  I convinced myself it was overrated, but it isn't until you are without it that you realise exactly how much of a disadvantage you put yourself in.  It's worth taking not of track and module repair times with and without on your heavies, there is a big contrast.

Edited by Fruity_Ninja, 12 January 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Airborne447 #23 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 12807 battles

View PostFruity_Ninja, on 12 January 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

I have tried going without repairs, when I read a unicum was trying it out on NA.  I convinced myself it was overrated, but it isn't until you are without it that you realise exactly how much of a disadvantage you put yourself in.  It's worth taking not of track and module repair times with and without on your heavies, there is a big contrast.

Pretty much. You never realise you u need that skill(s) until you are in a situation . Happened to me today in my T29. Permatracked by an enemy med (he also damaged me ) so yeah that went horribly

Master_Loli #24 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Sergeant

• 844 battles

this is nice, bookmarked! and +1 too! 

i recently use T62E4 and the perks are going to be BIA, mentor/repair, repair/camo,the last perks going to be experimental..

medium tanks are for flanking, but in T62E4 case, its going to be a brawler flank. I mean, you dont need to draw after flanking. You stayed at the pinpoint and let them hit you, thanks for the armor..  and let the team do the rest. afterwards you got leftbehind. BECAUSE F*CK*NG ENGINE thats why..

ehem**

Edited by Master_Loli, 12 January 2014 - 06:43 PM.

Master_Loli #25 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Sergeant

• 844 battles

oh yeah, my equip for the moment is vent,toolbox, and rammer... since i have 4 perks at repair, not yet 5 because rushing the perks with mentor at commander..

yeah, thats nice way to manipulate the skills and perks.

Flying_Endeavor #26 Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Captain

• 41911 battles
  • [L1ME] L1ME
And this is why Fruity is my Master. Thanks Fruity, I believe I have complied with most of these. xD Trying to work on the others. This would go a long way to helping me become a better player. 

Mascot, CNC-Universe of Deviantart. Deviantart username: WorldofTanks 

jackspurell #27 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Major

• 41726 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
Thanks for the info fruity ! :D As for you were asking for light tank. Equip/skill/perk before right ? Does wz-131 count ? But i don't really scout in my light tank. ._.

Airborne447 #28 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 12807 battles

View PostCourtland, on 12 January 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

And this is why Fruity is my Master. Thanks Fruity, I believe I have complied with most of these. xD Trying to work on the others. This would go a long way to helping me become a better player. 

Have you checked out mah new sig? Your carrying efforts have not gone to waste

_Aigis_ #29 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

The Big 7

• Beta-Tester
  • 8792 battles

View PostFruity_Ninja, on 12 January 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

well you cant use vents cuz its open topped , and 128 more for performance while 150 is more for teh lulz

there is only one advantage of it over the 128.. is the alpha damage of 750 , everything else including gold rounds is inferior to 128 , though the 150 weight alot less than 128

Edited by IJN_Nagato, 12 January 2014 - 03:25 PM.

AALG #30 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Minsk Hitman

• Senior Moderator
  • 23162 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postcammaman, on 12 January 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

See mods, fruity does more to help the player base than you do. Nice work fruity. If I was a mod I'd give you gold or something that shows that the WG team appreciates your thread. Unfortunately I'm not. So here's a mythical cookie.

20K plus games and you still dont realise that moderators aren't employed staff of WG, but recruited from the player community. And thus cant give gold to anyone, more than you can, unless they use their personal funds and the giftshop. So no gold for you. But here is the proverbial clue, which I'll gladly give you.

I am ArmsAndLegsGuy from the EU and NA server, with a shortened name here.
(battle stats in the spoiler from the servers I have played on)

Spoiler

Fruity_Ninja #31 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAALG, on 12 January 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

20K plus games and you still dont realise that moderators aren't employed staff of WG, but recruited from the player community. And thus cant give gold to anyone, more than you can, unless they use their personal funds and the giftshop. So no gold for you. But here is the proverbial clue, which I'll gladly give you.

How about Tan?  Can he give golds?    :trollface:

If so a 'best guide of the month' competition would rock.  If you can rig it so I win, that'd be even better ;)

Mick42 #32 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Major

• 16022 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFruity_Ninja, on 12 January 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

If so a 'best guide of the month' competition would rock.  If you can rig it so I win, that'd be even better ;)

Was trying to get a post of the week competition of the ground actually, with a category for Funniest and Most Constructive. Ran into issues in planning/getting approval. That and Im sure FGs got enough gold.

Check out my Minion's voice mod!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Masterstealth #33 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 6543 battles

View PostAALG, on 12 January 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

13k battles and you don't know a troll post when you see  one  :harp:

Lockhart77 #34 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 15782 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
I agree on your view about HT maximizing their firepower potential, however there are some HT that is more of an utility HT such as the T32. The tank soft stat and its relatively smaller profile combined with its hulldown capability allow quiet a mix of equip and skill on it. I personally use optic/rammer/Vstab due to its perfect all rounder capability. The hulldown and its view range makes it still a viable threat in tier 10 match and the tank can sidescrape quiet well. I use sixth sense and repair in the commander and planning on using recon. Snap shot n repair in gunner n planning on deadeye. Smooth ride n clutch braking in driver n next repair. Situational awareness n repair in radioman. Repair adrenaline rush n safe stowage on loader

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌ 
                                                                                                ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
                                                                                                ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
                                                                                                ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀   

Lock "Choco-chon" Hart of the Choco-Choco Hearts Host Club

AALG #35 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

Minsk Hitman

• Senior Moderator
  • 23162 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostFruity_Ninja, on 12 January 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

Tanitha is not a moderator, and the previous clueless one specifically only mentioned moderators.

But if there were such a competition, I am pretty sure, knowing you, that you would decline such a prize. I know you only made this thread, for that warm fuzzy feeling you get by helping others. Thats just the way you are, and thats why we all <3 you so much.

I am ArmsAndLegsGuy from the EU and NA server, with a shortened name here.
(battle stats in the spoiler from the servers I have played on)

Spoiler

Fruity_Ninja #36 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostLockhart77, on 12 January 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

I agree on your view about HT maximizing their firepower potential, however there are some HT that is more of an utility HT such as the T32. The tank soft stat and its relatively smaller profile combined with its hulldown capability allow quiet a mix of equip and skill on it. I personally use optic/rammer/Vstab due to its perfect all rounder capability. The hulldown and its view range makes it still a viable threat in tier 10 match and the tank can sidescrape quiet well. I use sixth sense and repair in the commander and planning on using recon. Snap shot n repair in gunner n planning on deadeye. Smooth ride n clutch braking in driver n next repair. Situational awareness n repair in radioman. Repair adrenaline rush n safe stowage on loader

Optics are very feasibly on US heavies, with good soft stats and good view ranges for tier.  I have been there with that line as well, and have currently settled on the listed options.  But yes, very feasible.  I actually use a similar setup for perks, until i retrain the crew when it gets to the 3rd skill.

Fruity_Ninja #37 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAALG, on 12 January 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Tanitha is not a moderator, and the previous clueless one specifically only mentioned moderators.

But if there were such a competition, I am pretty sure, knowing you, that you would decline such a prize. I know you only made this thread, for that warm fuzzy feeling you get by helping others. Thats just the way you are, and thats why we all <3 you so much.

lol

Well I actually did do it for the good of certain friends, and for the community.  Seems like there is a lack of good equipment threads around, and at least it is a starting point for the players to look at, ask questions and experiment with.

I have a few more ideas for future threads too.

Airborne447 #38 Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 12807 battles

View PostFruity_Ninja, on 12 January 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

lol

Well I actually did do it for the good of certain friends, and for the community.  Seems like there is a lack of good equipment threads around, and at least it is a starting point for the players to look at, ask questions and experiment with.

I have a few more ideas for future threads too.

Can this be a semi Q&A thread? Scrubs like meh need answers soemtimes

Flying_Endeavor #39 Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Captain

• 41911 battles
  • [L1ME] L1ME

View PostAirborne447, on 12 January 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

Can this be a semi Q&A thread? Scrubs like meh need answers soemtimes

You can count me as one of those scrubs xD 

Mascot, CNC-Universe of Deviantart. Deviantart username: WorldofTanks