52 replies to this topic

Scharfschuetzen #1 Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16349 battles

Event Start Date: 17/01/2014 14:00
Event End Date: 24/01/2014 14:00

Hi Commanders,

Do you have good knowledge of tanks? Have you try to promote or sell something before?

Maybe somebody thought that was not enough last time? Here's your chance!

Participants are required to leave a post in this event thread and promote the tank we provided each week.
This time we are planning to buy "TOG II" and you are the salesperson and we are your customers.

You may use images & text to promote the tank and convince us why we should buy the tank. 

Conditions:

• Must be used "TOG II"

Prize:

• The best 3 entries will be rewarded 500 gold each

Notice:

• Only submit once for each account
  • Entries close on 24th January 2014
  • You may use images & text to promote the tank.

flameball940 #2 Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Corporal

• 6097 battles
  • [DRAKE] DRAKE
Do you want a fun great battle tank well then come and buy a TOG II:trollface: its great fun its got 1400 health with a good gun if you buy one you will have the time of your life:great: well what are you waiting for come and buy one.:teethhappy:

Skaroth_Draca #3 Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Private

• 2916 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Presenting the all new TOG II.
Featuring the latest in British tank design, the TOG II offers an unprecedented driving experience.
Combining the stylish and popular Challenger A30 turret with the powerful Royal Ordinance QF 17-pounder, and add 1,400HP into the mix, the TOG II is a force to be reckoned with.
With updated torsion bar suspension, the TOG II provides the smoothest of rides over any terrain, and with enough room inside for the whole family for those leisurely holidays across the French countryside.
And with the revolutionary Paxman-Ricardo 12-cylinder diesel-electric engine, the electro-mechanical drive offers astonishing reliability and fuel economy.
Purchase one before the end of summer and you will receive the premium 'Titannic' paint scheme FREE!

Grab your new TOG II for the clearance discount price of 3,500 gold! Get in now before they run out!

StabbyStabby #4 Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 24280 battles

The Old Gang presents TOG II Sale

Fun facts   :unsure:

First its bigger than a MAUS, c'mon 3500 gold for a tank bigger than a MAUS I can see you reaching for the gold as you read

this.

Now some may think how 3500 gold is quite a sum, but Its really cheap and wins whichever way you look at it and I shall tell you why.

Compared to the Chinese Type 64 costing the same 3500 gold.

In length TOG II is .345 gold per centimetre, compared to a Type 64 which is .6 gold per Centimetre.
In weight its 42.8 gold per tonne, the Type 64 is 150 Gold per tonne.
In crew the TOG II gets 6 vs 4 in the Type 64, that's 50% more
600hp vs the Type 500hp
In fact its wider, taller, longer, has more hit points, more room for camo to be painted on it and has virtual tea making

facilities.

It is the Limo of the tank world, be prepared for when WOT releases the trench warfare map, the TOG II was designed just for it,

laugh while all the other tanks fall into the trenches and get stuck, you will giggle as they wriggle with the TOG II

It is the longest tank in the Game... but how long is it?

Its longer than:-
Frodos goodbye scene from the dock in LOTR 'Return of the king'.
Pinoccio's nose after telling several enormous lies.
A pub match when both teams camp.
The queue for the womens toilets.
The time it took to find bin laden.
The Yangtze.

Well I hear you asking "How long is it ?" Well.... It is in fact longer than a long thing.

What can you do with it?
You can paint it white and call it MOBY.
You can block bridges, roads,  in fact entire valleys.
You can leap onto unsuspecting victims like a gazelle, and crush them so flat that they need a fish slice to pry it off the ground.
Cross rivers that are usually too deep for tiny tanks, empty small lakes and stop the tide on beaches.
Rush to their CAP in less than 30 mins.
Watch and laugh as people try to push you.
Carry scouts on your back with ease.
Have tea and pudding while camping.
Its really easy to hide in small bushes disguised as a cherry.
You can scout your entire spawn point.
You can have the longest emblem or inscription over 10m of billboard flat sides.
Blast through the enemy lines at speeds up to 14kph down hill with the wind behind you.
Zoom up steep hills at incredable speeds of .... Oh! look over there a pony!!:hiding:
Shoot multiple enemies while they type  " Woooo a hot dog", and then "Ooow a hot dog" from their smoking hulks.

You will be the centre of attention and not just from enemy arty, but all enemy players will come to see this tidy tank, its an absolute friend making factory.

TOG II more tank for your money than any other in the game. more fun than a pillow fight at an all girls school, more terrifying than a Justin Beiber concert. ITS JUST MORE.

If you want a synergistic optimized total efficiency machine that give a great return on investment then the TOG2 is the virtual tank for you.

Tog II proving that size does matter -  just Insert 3500 gold for TOG II  and get 50% off the TOG IV when it becomes available.

Edited by StabbyStabby, 17 January 2014 - 08:31 PM.

Good Luck Have Fun and FEAR me!! - glhf fm

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 87252 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Coincidentally I just bought a TOG II* during the Christmas discounts. So I have reasons for buying a tier 6 premium instead of tier 8 premium which would be much more useful for credit grinding crew training and stat padding.

Reason 1 for buying TOG II*

It is the highest-tier British premium HT. My British HT crew needs to sleep somewhere.

Reason 2 for buying TOG II*

For a tank that receives preferential MM, it has a very good gun. Same gun as the Black Prince and that tank is a tier 7. This gun will penetrate anything that the TOG II* sees.

Reason 3 for buying TOG II*

That HP pool. Because it is fun to have almost twice the HP of other tier 6 tanks. Even though the armor is unreliable, you can drive a TOG II* forward and simply kill people because they cannot kill you fast enough.

Reason 4 for buying TOG II*

Overall performance is pretty good due to a good gun, sees only low MM, and high HP, despite weak armor. Comparing the choices of premium tanks at tier 6 and 7, I went for the TOG II*

Reason 5 for buying TOG II*

I like being an XP piñata for others. Due to the low armor it is easily damaged even by lower tiers, and the high HP of TOG II* means the enemy can do lots of damage before the TOG II* dies.

Reason 6 for buying TOG II*

Fun factor. It is a long hotdog with lots of HP. Tanks in this game don’t get much more unique than that. And it can block mountain passes.

Gambling is bad, don't gamble k?

asyasb #6 Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 6773 battles

View PostBluefunk, on 17 January 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Reason 4 for buying TOG II*

Overall performance is pretty good due to a good gun, sees only low MM, and high HP, despite weak armor. Comparing the choices of premium tanks at tier 6 and 7, I went for the TOG II*

lately i seems to been thrown alot to tier 7 didn't mind much but once got to Tier 8 for no reason....i guess to be fair i may played TOG too early in the morning..

Master_Loli #7 Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Sergeant

• 844 battles

Welcome to another glorious Sale!

I present you TOG II 

The Tank, Heavy, TOG II was a prototype British tank design produced in the early part of the Second World War in case the battlefields of northern France turned into a morass of mud, trenches and craters as had happened during the First World War.

A monstrous tank capable of absorbing a near unrealistic amount of damage for its tier, the TOG II* is longer than the Maus, with armor comparable to that of the KV-1 and a top speed of 14km/h on regular terrain!

This tank is best played when supporting as a second-line tank or defending a chokepoint, because the TOG II* is just too slow for effective attacking, and is easily ambushed. It's also probably the only tier 6 tank that can survive a penetrating hit from the KV-2's 152 mm cannon. 

So basically the pro's about TOG II :

• Great gun with excellent accuracy and penetration, can damage anything it meets without any problems
  • Superb health for its tier
  • Armour can bounce several shots - especially with angling
  • Heavy weight makes it resistant to ramming
  • Huge ammo capacity
  • Good matchmaking (always matched with tanks UP to VII tier)
  • The cheap repair cost considering it's massive health pool (4.600 when destroyed) and the Premium tank income modifier make it a good credit earner for it's tier if played well
  • Humongous track HP means that it is difficult to be detracked
  • Humor value. Players almost always comment on the tanks size in battles, usually referring to it (and quite correctly)as a landboat/ship or whale.
  • Constantly underestimated on the battlefield! yes this is the pro! so you can used it to outplay them!

So what do you waiting for? Grab'em for 3500 gold!

CoolKid_PH #8 Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Private

• 3767 battles
  • [AFP] AFP

A monstrous tank capable of absorbing a near unrealistic amount of damage for its tier, the TOG II* is longer than the Maus, with armor comparable to that of the KV-1. Veteran players may enjoy this tank greatly, soaking up a LOT of damage. This tank is best played when supporting as a second-line tank or defending a chokepoint. It's also probably the only tier 6 tank that can survive a penetrating hit from the KV-2's 152 mm cannon.

• Good RoF
  • Great gun with excellent accuracy and penetration, can damage anything it meets without any problems
  • Superb health for its tier
  • Armour can bounce several shots - especially with angling
  • Heavy weight makes it resistant to ramming
  • Huge ammo capacity
  • Good matchmaking (always matched with tanks UP to VII tier)
  • The cheap repair cost considering it's massive health pool (4.600 when destroyed) and the Premium tank income modifier make it a good credit earner for it's tier if played well
  • Humongous track HP means that it is difficult to be detracked
  • Humor value. Players almost always comment on the tanks size in battles, usually referring to it (and quite correctly)as a landboat/ship or whale.
  • Constantly underestimated on the battlefield

So what are you waiting for? Buy TOG II* NOW!!!

frozenbycookies #9 Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Private

• 8737 battles

The Tog II

The Tog II for me is the best Tier Six premium tank for various reasons.

The first reason is the matchmaking system. It is only ever placed in battles with the highest tier tank being six or seven. This is definitely one of the best pros this tank has. From previous experience i know that I and many other tankers are continuously tired of being placed in higher tier battles than the tank is made for. However not with the Might Tog II !.

The second reason is the brilliant gun. With good penetration and damage it will easily harm anything it faces. It has a good reload time ( at 12 rpm ) and the shells are VERY cheap at only 175 credits per shell. The guns average damage is from 113-188 and penetration of 128-214mm. The tank holds 144 shells and has good accuracy with 0.36m. To put things into perspective the gun has a better accuracy and greater gun depression than ALL of the tier 8 heavy IS-3's guns.  What a tank!!

The turret armor is strong at the front and has a traverse speed of 32 degrees( that's 5 degrees faster than the King Tiger) with a view range of 310 meters. For its tier it has amazing health with 1400 hp (that's the same as the tier eight American heavy T32). Because of the great tanks weight it is considerably hard to ram and will often result in the enemy being destroyed before you are.

All in all this tank is and exceptional machine and is definitely worth buying.

by frozenbycookies

rash2000 #10 Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• 23027 battles

hello mate,

it's rash2000 again

are you tired to get 1 shotted with KV1s , KV 2 ?  . Tired of not being able to pen tanks of your tier ? then you are at the right place i have a tank that you will really love It's Tog II .

its longer then maus.

it can bounce several shots by side scraping 

its give you time to make and drink coffee 

| pros of this monster are:-     |

| ______________________________|

* Good RoF

*Great gun with excellent accuracy and penetration, can damage anything it meets without any problems

*Superb health for its tier

*Armour can bounce several shots - especially with angling

* Heavy weight makes it resistant to ramming

* Huge ammo capacity

* Good matchmaking (always matched with tanks UP to VII tier)

* The cheap repair cost considering it's massive health pool (4.600 when destroyed) and the Premium tank income modifier make it a good credit earner for it's tier if played well

* Humongous track HP means that it is difficult to be detracked

*Humor value. Players almost always comment on the tanks size in battles, usually referring to it (and quite correctly)as a landboat/ship or whale.

*Constantly underestimated on the battlefield

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And well also like all tanks this tank has some cons but it can be nullified easily

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Largest tank in the game-contrary to popular belief, the maus is not the largest. ( but largest in tier 6 ) 

*Low alpha damage ( insane ROF and thus high DPM ) 

*Very poor top speed makes it 3rd slowest tank in game, the only tanks that are slower are the Fcm36Pak40 and the T95 ( you get time to read posts of FB )

*Large ammo rack ( but it too has high hp and doesn't get damaged easily ) 

*Armor is mostly flat ( you can angle it well  )

*Tracks are enormous and easy to hit ( but it has really high hp which willl prevent it from tracing )

*Crew members are easily killed, particularly the driver and radio operator ( try to face enemy frontally ) 

*Humor value. Players almost always comment on this tank in battles, which can get on your nerves sometimes (add them to ignore list )

*Crew configuration does not match any British heavy currently in the game. No other tank on the line has 2 loaders, so you will have to keep an extra loader around just for the TOG unless you keep multiple British heavy crews.

( you can get a loader for a british SPG )

well don't  belive me ?

look at this

now lets come to costs..

what do you think whats should be the price of this monster ? 

10,000 gold ? 

-> no!

6,000 gold?

-> NO!

its just 3,500 gold including the life time needed fuel and free transport charges from the factory to your garage a door step  super-express delivery 

*crew comes  50% trained however you can train them to 100% in 2-3 weeks .

*then gun comes with an empty ammo rack so it does not include shells for safety purpose 

what are you waiting for buy 1 today !!

( offer limited to WG until it removes it from the game as it is over powered but lost the reputation as players don't use it well )

Edited by rash2000, 17 January 2014 - 05:36 PM.

Random tanker

~Rash2000

Ms_Universe #11 Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 9523 battles
Get your TOG II here mates. Anyone will scream when they see your TOG Coming, with High HP and good DPM Every Enemies will Run! soo Buy now your TOG II on Affordable Price and you will experience FUN in a HOT Steaming TOG II. :blinky:

kmtarraz #12 Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Corporal

• 13070 battles

Are you tired of being bullied all the time?

Then buy the heaviest Tier 6 heavy tank the TOG II. It has good rate of fire for a tier 6, great gun with an excellent accuracy and penetration, can damage anything it meets without any problems, superb health for its tier. It has a long view range for a heavy tank. You can even use it to cover a bridge. For just 3500 gold you can already buy the TOG II.

So what are you waiting for!

"BUY NOW!"

wilfredleung747 #13 Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Corporal

• 5535 battles

Officer 1: Hey pal, are you new to our company?

Officer 2: Yes, I am new here.

Officer 1: I see, are you driving Churchill or Cromwell?

Officer 2: No, I don't drive them both

Officer 1: That's strange, what are you driving?

Officer 2: I drive the TOG 2, an excellent machine, It is the land battleship!

Officer 1: Well, I disagree. It is sooooo slow to be a target for artillery! And it is soooo long, you will only be a hot dog for the enemy!

Officer 2: Hot TOG? Man TOG 2 get 1400 hit point , and it has a extremely reliably 17 pdr, enough to penetrate all tank it face!

Officer 1: The 17 pdr is reliable, but with only 171 regular AP penetration, it may cannot stand up against tier 8.

Officer 2: You must be a noob! It only sees up to tier 7 with special matchmaking! So you can penetrate everything with it!

Officer 1: Oh... Looks like I am wrong, TOG seems to be a very good tank.

Officer 2: WELL IT IS A VERY GOOD TANK! And every time you enter a battle, people just keep talking about you tank, that unique experience can                         be only found on TOG!

Officer 1: Looks like I am going to get a TOG 2

Officer 2: Yeah, I am sure that you won't be disappointed with it.

Edited by wilfredleung747, 17 January 2014 - 08:17 PM.

tootpaste12345 #14 Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 13160 battles
  • [_PGW_] _PGW_

TOG's is the longest tank in the whole WoT communities go now and Buy the Tank the gratest of all Tanks  Selling TOGS!!

MonsieurDuQuackQuack #15 Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 4040 battles

Before we start, *YOU ARE NOW READING THIS IN SIR SEAN CONNERY'S VOICE

PRESENTING HER MAJESTY'S ROYAL TANK REGIMENT

GARAGE SALE

Good day ol' chaps~!

I see that you've have been rummaging around for some high quality good ol' armoured vehicles...

Before we start, let's see what premium tanks other's have in store....

THE AMERICAN T-14

NOPE...you won't definitely go for that one chum, too much freedom and bacon grease

THE SOVIET SU100Y

Lemme just tell you this lad, the "Y" is there for a reasons, which pretty sums up to WHY on EARTH did those Russians even made this?

THE GERMAN DICKER MAX

Oh God save the Queen, even the name sounds wrong, those bloody Gerries~!

THE CHINESE TYPE 64

How do you even know if this one is a knock-off or genuine? It's bloody made in China~!

And.. THE FRENCH.....uhmmm

Forget about the French~! they'll prolly surrender anyways

FORGET ALL THEM BUCKET O' BOLTS OVER THERE, HER MAJESTY'S ROYAL TANK REGIMENT HAVE EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED~!

FOR AN ABSOLUTELY LOW PRICE OF 3500 GOLD, YOU WILL GET....

THE OLDE GANG'S GREATEST GERRY STOMPIN', TRENCH CROSSIN', TEA BOILIN' (YES IT HAS A TEA BOILER INSIDE*) ARMOURED VEHICLE OF TOTAL WAR

*Tea set and tea bags not included

ISN'T SHE A BEAUTY?! THE APEX OF CONTEMPORARY ENGLISH TANK TECHNOLOGY, AND HERE ARE THE SPECS....

THE SYMBOL OF BRITISH RESOLVE AND DEFIANCE

> With an astounding 1400 hit points, and armour values of 76/76/50 for the HULL and 114/76/53 for the TURRET it's so though to crack that it's rumored that Hitler ordered rail mounted guns to be built for the sole purpose of tracking it.

THE SUN NEVER SETS ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE

> The TOG II is a perfect symbol of the extent and magnitude of Her Majesty's empire. It is simply the largest and most magnificent piece of British armour ever fielded. Even that bloody gerry Wittman renamed his "Tiger" into "Kitty" after witnessing the TOG II first hand.

EXEMPLARY WEAPONRY TRADITION

> From the longbows, to majestic frigates, to superior artillery, the British Empire have always been on the fore front of weapons technology. Armed with the legendary 17 pounder mark VII tank gun, the TOG II have superior rate of fire, accuracy, and firepower compared to it's contemporaries. Don't get me started on how those Americans put the very same guns on their pitiful shermans (Although they don't admit it, but ours can really kick gerry arses harder compared to their 76's)

SLOW, BUT SURE FOOTED

> As we know, the Empire was not built on a day, and like the virtue of patience and perseverance, taking it slow doesn't matter as long as we reach Berlin, one trench at a time.

AS PRESENTED, THE TOG II IS UPFRONT SUPERIOR TO ANY OF THOSE OFFERINGS MADE BY OUR COMPETITORS~!

AVAIL YOURSELF A TOG II TODAY~!

*WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS, CHECK OR COD

*Comes with 7 day replacement and 2 years warranty

Bad@Poasts

Good@Roasts

DanLBob #16 Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30114 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

Are you a British General? Found yourself fighting in a second World War? Struggling to come to terms with all the new technology? Well do we have the tank for you.

The TOG is latest tank from the same old farts you know from the last war.

Weighing in at over 80tonnnes you might expect to be lumbered with lots of heavy armour.

Never fear though most of that weight is found in a hull so long that you will be able to cross trenches without having to carry around all those cumbersome fascines.

The TOG II does have a 600hp engine but our specially engineered drive train ensures you wont get over 9 miles per hour, downhill, with a storm at your back. You will never leave your supporting infantry behind. Which is just as well because your armour wont be keeping those nasty panzerfausts out. You do however get a large pool of HP. Thats hitpoints (ask your grandson) not the sauce. Your crowning glory will be the pride of the British artillery, the high velocity 17pdr anti tank gun. With impressive penetration, accuracy and ROF we are actually pretty sure this gun got lost on its way to a real tank but we've grabbed it and we intend to give it to when you buy your brand new TOG II for the low low price of 3500gold.

McBoog #17 Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 15558 battles
  • [NPK] NPK

So I sees you be looking for a new tank... well son, have a look around the WG lot and pick your poison!  But while you consider perhaps you might pause a moment for the TOGII?

Forget all that mumbo jumbo sales pitch my colleagues might throw at you (here comes one now) or whatever win rate sob story blahdeeblah they copied from the interwebs.  If my old bag of bones can manage it you can too... all for a low low price without a lot of reading or study time.  Buy one today and we might take em out in a TOG platoon!

DigitalPride #18 Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 8107 battles
  • [ALIEN] ALIEN

TOG 2!!  TOG 2!! TOG 2 !! TOG 2!! [DRUM BEATS]

[Announcer]

Ladies and Gentleman! How are you doing tog'day?
To TOGS II or not to TOGS II?
Presenting the long and mighty tank!

The TOGS II!
THE BEST AMONGST THE REST!
IF YOU DON'T BUY IT NOW, YOU WILL SURELY REGRET IT!
So what are you waiting for? Buy now!

Limited offer only.

courtesy of image: http://www.google.co...page=12&ndsp=21

eddie3576 #19 Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:23 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 18080 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Welcome back to Eddies tank yard, the best place to purchase a second hand tank.

So i hear your'e looking at a buying a tank that is a bit different from the rest?

Well this is certainly going to fit that bill! This is a TOG II.

So you would like to know the history behind it?

This tank is of course British, and completion of this trial vehicle was in 1941. It was designed by many of the people that designed tanks in 1916(hence the name TOG means The Old Gang) and they had the belief that WW2 was going to end up in stalemates with trenches, hence the size, and armour of the tank. This vehicle has a couple of unique features, it has no gearbox or transmissions. Instead it has two V12 engines that power two generators, and each powers an electric motor that is attached to each track. The other feature is the huge tracks, that once they pass over the sprocket and idler they drop right down and pass under the floor, creating a huge amount of space in the hull of the vehicle. This vehicle never saw action in WW2. Work on the idea was scrapped in 1944, and the actual vehicle currently resides in Bovington tank museum, England.

Okay so you think the history is quite unique, you want to know why you would purchase this premium tank, compared to other premiums?

If we look at crew training, the TOG II has 1 more loader than the rest of the heavy tank line, whereas the Excelsior(tier 5 prem) has the same crew slots. The AT15a(tier 7 prem) has the same slots as the TOG II. If people that are grinding the british heavy line want to grind the TD line after, the TOG II is a great tank for that, because the TD line from tier 6 has two loaders, but up to that has only one. So you can be training the extra loader ready for when you get to tier 6(+1 to the TOG II). When we compare the hitting power of each tank the TOG II and the AT15a have the same gun, but the AT15a does not have pref matchmaking and will see tier 9, where the TOG II will only see tier 7(+1 to the TOG II).

When we look a credit production and cost, the stats are in favour of the TOG II. The average net income is 13,233 and a cost of 3500 gold. The AT15a is average net income of 7,167 at a whopping cost of 6500 gold, and the Exscelsior is 4,523 with a cost of 1500 gold. So the TOG II is 54% of the purchase cost of the AT15a, yet produces 184% of the credits!! The Escelsior is 43% of the purchase cost of the TOG II, and produces 34% of the credits which is not amazing at all (+1 to the TOG II).

So you have seen the comparence, and would like to see specific stats relating to gameplay?

Armour Values.

The Armour is sloped 76mm on the front, wit 76mm side armour and 500 mm heavily sloped armour on the rear. The armour on the turret is 114mm on the front, 76mm on the sides and 53mm on the rear.This goes into gameplay, which is the CRITICAL area to survive in this tank. You have to learn how to "reverse sidescrape". Doing this puts the turret at the rear, which because of its massive length opens a wide arc for the turret while keeping a minimum angle on the hull.19 degrees will generate an auto bounce, while having 22 degrees will make 200mm of actual armour. This will make you impervious in the hull from anything except the tigers top gun, and the SU 152s top gun on gold rounds. The armour on the turret is weak, and flat, so the 114mm is actual. the way to survive is the fact that the turret is small compared to the width of the vehicle, so the minimum open angle of the reverse sidescrape will keep most of the turret hidden by what you are sidescraping off.

Gun Characteristics

The gun is the real redeeming feature of this tank. although low damage at 150 per shot, the pen is 171mm on std rounds or 239 on gold rounds. std rounds will more than ample to pen almost any tank you will see, leaving you a better net credit income. Wholly std the DPM is 1877. However if you go hardcore on this tank and put vents, gun rammer and GLD, along with a BIA equipped crew, the reload goes to 4.12 seconds, with a DPM of 2180. A tier 7 tiger(p) with the same setup and the biggest gun has a DPM of 2027 (+1 to the TOG II).

Hitpoints

The TOG II has a whopping 1400 HP, which apart from the tier 7 Black Prince(1450 HP) is the biggest HP pool of any of the tanks. This is critical to the survivability of the TOG II, because of its mobility and size it will be an artillery magnet. For gameplay the points to set up a defensive position are within arty cover and somewhere you can reverse sidescrape. if you can combine these two your HP will mean you will get through the game and win it for your team.

Mobility

This is terrible. There is no way that i can cover that up, or prevent you from knowing about it. It is critical that you move from the start point of a map to your first defensive position ASAP. At the start of a match you have to make sure there is standoff from the enemy, and ensure there is adequate protection from early scouts, as there speed will run rings around you. Ensure initial depth from the enemy, make sure that you stay artillery safe and ensure there are teammates to work with you will ensure the mobility issue is truly minimised, and you will survive the match.

View/Signal range

The view range is 360m and the signal range is 594m. The KV 1s is 320m and 458m on its biggest radio. Its view range is the best of all the tier 6 heavies, on par with the VK 3601h (+1 to the TOG II) .

Conclusion

There are very good reasons to purchase the TOG II. A great British credit earner, a great defensive tank which with support can hold any strong point in the game. It has a gun which produces one of the highest DPMs in the game for its tier, and it has a great view range for hitting the enemy at depth. I hope this sales pitch has helped you develop an interest for purchasing the TOG II.

Eddie

Edited by eddie3576, 18 January 2014 - 06:24 AM.

Daedalus #20 Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 6906 battles

Buy the TOG II because you will feel famous while in it

With all of those people who will start just putting some Jokes in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users