28 February - 31 March: Gift Shop - Month of the Equinox / KV-220 - M4A2E4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

ContentWG #1 Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Anticipating some madness in March? The KV-220 decided to stay for the fun and also share the stage with a popular Sherman: the M4A2E4!

Full news text

punisher007 #2 Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 22368 battles
  • [GBH] GBH

Last time the kv-220 had a bundle around 30 odd us dollars, not paying in excess of $90 for a t5 ht. I don't care for gold or premium or credits, im after that tank nothing else, why not an option to purchase just the tank?.

Why didn't you purchase it last time i hear you say, cause i didn't have the money at the time.

BlackPaw #3 Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36768 battles
  • [RTA-X] RTA-X

View Postpunisher007, on 27 February 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Last time the kv-220 had a bundle around 30 odd us dollars, not paying in excess of $90 for a t5 ht. I don't care for gold or premium or credits, im after that tank nothing else, why not an option to purchase just the tank?.

Why didn't you purchase it last time i hear you say, cause i didn't have the money at the time.

Because they are trying to rip you off with large bundle.

Anyway, you can do the mission for March to get KV220 without paying any penny.

Araknid #4 Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 10068 battles
so when are you going to stop charging an extremely rubbish amount for a tier 5?

Tanitha #5 Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postpunisher007, on 27 February 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

Tanks free with the larger gold type packs.

Feel free to obtain it for free in the mission, or buy it next time its in a smaller pack.

View PostBlackPaw, on 27 February 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Bit conflicting there ?

We are ripping the players off by,, providing the tank free in a $100 gold pack, and by providing the tank free by a mission..

If you don't want to participate, feel free not to, but no more insults in the forums please,

View PostAraknid, on 27 February 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

so when are you going to stop charging an extremely rubbish amount for a tier 5?

Its free with a $100 pack, you can grab it for free in a mission if you like, or wait until its in a smaller pack.
Up to you..

/Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Araknid #6 Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 10068 battles

View PostTanitha, on 27 February 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Tanks free with the larger gold type packs.

Feel free to obtain it for free in the mission, or buy it next time its in a smaller pack.

Bit conflicting there ?

We are ripping the players off by,, providing the tank free in a $100 gold pack, and by providing the tank free by a mission..

If you don't want to participate, feel free not to, but no more insults in the forums please,

Its free with a $100 pack, you can grab it for free in a mission if you like, or wait until its in a smaller pack.
Up to you..

/Tan

From everyone I know, generally when theres a pack with a tank in it, regardless of how much gold it is or how much premium, they buy it because of the tank, and the other stuff is just an added bonus.

I'm trying to say this in a nice way, but it's just frustrating, because I don't need 30k gold, I don't need 360 days of premium, I don't need 7.5k gold and 7.5 million credits, I would just like the tank, and I don't exactly have time to grind the 50k xp in every tree to get the tank for free.

Is there an estimate for how long I would have to wait for the KV-220 to go on sale for cheaper?

neokai #7 Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostBlackPaw, on 27 February 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

I won't call it a rip-off as the value proposition is better than the small bundle. Please rethink your words after processing it through a logic filter.

Disclaimer: I'm not keen to buy such a big pack personally, better value proposition or no.

View PostAraknid, on 27 February 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

When WG implements a subscription model. Seriously though, the tank is a collector's piece and is priced accordingly. And agitating the masses is not the way to haggle for a price cut.

Edit: Reading your next (more reasonably worded) reply - Honestly Tan would not reveal if/when the KV-220 will go on sale next as it will impact present sales. You will have to assume not for a few years given its rarity. I suggest getting 30 days of premium and grind the missions - 50k is doable over 4 weeks (about 2k exp per tree a day).

Edited by neokai, 27 February 2014 - 04:13 PM.

Spoiler

BlackPaw #8 Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36768 battles
  • [RTA-X] RTA-X

View Postneokai, on 27 February 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

I won't call it a rip-off as the value proposition is better than the small bundle. Please think through your words after processing it through a logic filter.

I call it because they can just sell the tank without the bundle but they chose not to... with the potentially-high-demand rare tank like that one, they sell with bundle that ppl may not even need those gold, but they have no other choice.  

It is the marketing strategy to overcharge the services or goods by offering rare thing.

Anyway, the word may be too strong. Do apologise. 

and hey! you can get it for free anyway. :trollface:

Edited by BlackPaw, 27 February 2014 - 04:28 PM.

Tanitha #9 Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Wargaming

• Administrator
  • 4564 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostAraknid, on 27 February 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

From everyone I know, generally when theres a pack with a tank in it, regardless of how much gold it is or how much premium, they buy it because of the tank, and the other stuff is just an added bonus.

I'm trying to say this in a nice way, but it's just frustrating, because I don't need 30k gold, I don't need 360 days of premium, I don't need 7.5k gold and 7.5 million credits, I would just like the tank, and I don't exactly have time to grind the 50k xp in every tree to get the tank for free.

Is there an estimate for how long I would have to wait for the KV-220 to go on sale for cheaper?

Not in March, is all the information I have at the moment.

View PostBlackPaw, on 27 February 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

I call it because they can just sell the tank without the bundle but they chose not to... with the potentially-high-demand rare tank like that one, they sell with bundle that ppl may not even need those gold, but they have no other choice.  

It is the marketing strategy to overcharge the services or goods by offering rare thing.

Anyway, the word may be too strong. Do apologise. 

and hey! you can get it for free anyway. :trollface:

It was up for sale for ~25$ the first week the tank became available.

It is up to you to choose how you wish to buy it, or not,, or obtain it for free with the current mission.

Many options have been presented.

So your claims aren't very fair or accurate, just because you chose not to buy it previously.

/Tan

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users