Premium Tank Review Contest "SU-100Y" [Extended]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

cloudstv #41 Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Corporal

• 24768 battles
  • [T1G3R] T1G3R

TANK BIG WIN BIG!!

bacause stealth Tank Destroyer is too mainstream!!

Edited by cloudstv, 10 April 2014 - 01:56 PM.

FingerGuns #42 Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Private

• 2711 battles
This is the king/queen of all things with guns. It's penetration is great, it's reload speed is great and it's damage is... AMAZING. It's premium shells do more damage than penetration, if you buy this tank you will get a tier six tank with the IS-7 gun, let me say again good speed, good reload, AMAZING damage, great accuracy and best of all it's a tier 6 and only 3000 gold, that is cheap for a beast like this, do get this tank

phrozbite #43 Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 21699 battles

:izmena:  SU-100Y'S Creed:izmena:

This is my tank. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My tank is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My tank, without me, is useless. Without my tank, I am useless. I must fire my 130 mm B-13-S2 canon true. 

I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My tank and I know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit... 

My tank is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a girlfriend. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my tank clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before everyone, I swear this creed. My tank and I are the defenders. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of every battle.

So be it, until victory is MINE and there is no enemy, but peace! :izmena::justwait::medal:

==================================================================================================

I love every TD but this one is different, a td that has poor radio and camouflage, long reload and aiming time, large and alittle expensive ammo. at 500m sometimes your shell  just disappear and never hit the enemy even if your aiming well other call it the phantom shot i have experience this frequently so i know, and the armor, wait what armor? it has but you need to position well. always be careful when driving su-100y 3 second expose to enemy boom your gone.

Good things about this tank is the superb canon, the speed of this tank good for ramming. i even killed a Cromwell with full hp with one powerful ram taking no damage at all. credit earning for this is 20 to 50k per battlle depends on your damage if you win, but if you lose around 10 to 15k.

this tank is good although i recently bought it, first battle got my ace tanker badge and high caliber badge plus other badge..

overall its up to your play style. if you like challenge BUY it,,  :glasses:

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_004.jpg   306.64K
  • Attached File   shot_019.jpg   342.98K

lhiankogkog #44 Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 16204 battles

With a gun that rivals that of the KV-2 in terms of raw damage, the SU-100Y is a highly dangerous tank destroyer. While the 130 mm B-13-S2 is not quite as powerful as the KV-2's 152 mm M-10, it has far better penetration, accuracy and aim time, as well as a significantly shorter reload. With 440HP average damage, the regular AP ammunition will reliably 1-shot all Tier 4 tanks and Tier 5 TDs and mediums and can 2 shot any tier 6 heavy tanks and most tier 7 tank destroyers. The more expensive AP ammunition trades lower penetration for even more damage, reliably 1-shotting Tier 5 medium tanks and 2-shotting tier 7 mediums and even some tier 8 tank destroyers.

kkriyad #45 Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

Corporal

• 14441 battles
  • [B-A-D] B-A-D

SU-100Y

Premium  SU-100Y

Icon
USSR TD Tier VI

Battle Tiers
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Totals

Cost 3,250  Gold

Hit Points 700 HP

Weight Limit 64/67.4 t

Crew
Commander (Radio Operator)
Gunner
Gunner
Driver
Loader
Loader

Mobility

Engine Power 890 hp

Speed Limit 35/12 km/h

Traverse 30 deg/s

Power/Wt Ratio 13.91 hp/t

Pivot Yes

Armor

Hull Armor 60/60/60 mm

Armament

Damage 330-550 HP

Penetration 147-245 mm

Rate of Fire
r/m

Accuracy
m

Aim time
s

Gun Traverse Speed
deg/s

Gun Arc -10°/+10°

Elevation Arc -5°/+15°

Ammo Capacity 30 rounds

General

Chance of Fire 20 %

View Range
m

Signal Range
m

Parent none

Child none

Research

USSR-SU-100Y.png

The SU-100Y is a Soviet tier 6 premium tank destroyer.

Developed on the basis of the T-100 heavy tank. The vehicle was intended to neutralize enemy pillboxes and destroy enemy vehicles. The only prototype was manufactured in March 1940. The vehicle never entered mass production.

The SU-100Y was added to the game in patch 0.8.4. It is a very powerful tank destroyer, with the highest alpha damage of any Tier 6 tank (excluding the KV-2's 152mm and SPGs). Unfortunately, it's an exceptionally large tank which can be somewhat awkward in handling, and the armor is quite thin on all sides. It is sometimes called "the boxtank."

Modules

Tier Name Ammo Damage Penetration Shell Price Rate of Fire Accuracy Aim Time Elevation XP Cost Price Weight
VIII 130 mm B-13-S2 26 440/510/580 HP 196/171/65 mm 1118 Credits/10 Gold/978 Credits
r/m
m
s
-5°/+15° --- --- 5,290 kg

Tier Name Power Fire Chance Type XP Cost Price Weight
VIII GAM-34-BT 890 hp 20 % Gasoline --- --- 632 kg

Tier Name Load Limit Traverse Speed XP Cost Price Weight
VIII SU-100Y 67.4 t 30 d/s --- --- 15,500 kg

Tier Name Range XP Cost Price Weight
IV 71-TK-3U
m
--- --- 100 kg

Historical Info

In December 1939, the Northwest Command of the Red Army requested that the N°185 factory develop a vehicle based on the T-100. The vehicle had not only to operate as a self-propelled gun, but also to be used to lay bridges, transport explosives, and recover tanks destroyed or damaged on the battlefield. During the development of this vehicle, the ABTU proposed to mount the large, high velocity 152 mm cannon on the T-100 in order to give it the capacity to destroy bunkers and other strong fixed fortifications. The plant manager at N°185 proposed to stop the development of the prototype to use T-100 as a self-propelled gun armed with the 100 and 130 mm naval guns. This idea was accepted and on January 8, 1940, the plans of the T-100-X were finalized and sent to the Izhorskyi factory. The T-100-X had a box-shaped fighting compartment and was equipped with the 130 mm B-13 naval gun. For mobility, kept the torsion bar suspension system, as was the trend in modern tanks of the day. During the development of the prototype the shape of the fighting compartment was modified to reduce ammunition loading times. The new design was the SU-100Y. The designs of the SU-100Y were sent to the Izhorskyi factory on February 24, 1940 and assembly began on the first of the month. The self-propelled gun was tested for the first time on March 14. As the Winter War was finished, the SU-100Y never saw combat.

During the Winter War it was proposed to modernize the T-100 with a more powerful armament, the 152 mm M-10 gun, able to destroy concrete structures, particularly in dragon's teeth, a common anti-tank measure amongst Europe's fixed fortifications during World War II. A new turret to accommodate the 152 mm howitzer was implemented around March 1940. This new model was designated T-100-Z. However this project was abandoned because of KV-1 and the 152mm equipped KV-2 tanks were superior. In April 1940, the N°185 factory proposed a self-propelled gun (prototype 103) for coastal defence based on the T-100 and armed with the B-13 130 mm naval gun installed in a rotating turret with three 7.62 mm machine-guns. This project never went beyond the drawing boards.

When work was stopped on the T-100 project, the SU-100Y was transported to Kubinka in the summer of 1940. In November 1941, at the most critical moment of battle in the suburbs of Moscow, the SU-100Y, together with the 152 mm gun armed experimental SU-14 and Su-14-1, was pressed into service in an Independent Artillery Division for Special Duties. Further information of the combat record of the unit has not been made known. Unlike its base model (T-100), the SU-100Y prototype survived the war and is a part of the collection at the Kubinka Tank Museum.

Renita_Matrovska #46 Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

Sergeant

• 21433 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Spoiler

Are you looking for a Premium Tank Destroyer? Big alpha damage and penetration? Ok, lets see my review about SU-100Y

SU-100Y is a premium tank destroyer from soviet. Like the others soviet have big damage and penetration, but the accuracy and aiming time so terrible.

Go to the main topic, is it worth to buy SU-100Y ?

Pros :

- high alpha damage and penetration, with 196 penetration you can hit damage to all enemies when you're in low tier.

- speed up to 35, this is nice speed for TD. you can go to deffend the base quickly to reset the cap.

- good credit maker, dealt many damage and very cheap to repair, it cost only 3500 credits if the tank was destroyed.

- traverse speed 30d/s, it's very nice for non turreted tank. you can quickly move your position to shot the target.

- high hit points, 700 hp it's nice for TD tier 6 you can stay alive during the battle than the other tier 6 TDs.

Cons :

- large body, it makes you can easly detected and get hit .

- weak armor its only 60mm, easily get killed by arty and burn quickly.

- expensive ammo, it cost 1118/shell.

- long aim time and reload time, you should using "peek a boo" tactic, it's very useful.

- terrible accuracy, but it's okay like the others russian tanks with high alpha damage.

In my opinion overall for this tank is worth to buy. Why? Because it has high alpha damage and penetration, you can avoid the enemies using that speed. Long aim time and reload time? it's okay you're TD it doesnt matter you just sit and shot, you just support your team it's your duty. Then, you will ask how worth is it?

Lets see my replay 

Awards : Top Gun, Sniper, Steel Wall (I got steel wall using this tank)

Mastery Badge : Ace Tanker

Edited by Renita_Matrovska, 10 April 2014 - 09:38 AM.

xXdoubleGunnerXx #47 Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

Corporal

• 15141 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

this tanks help me farm credits a lot...

her damage and penetration is very good and the maneuver is awesome..

medium tanks and light tanks cant flank her easily because she can rotate fast....

repairs and ammo is not very expensive.. my win rate of this tank is more than 60% because she is very good in handling and killing enemy tanks....

it does not mean if the HP of the enemy is above 500 cant be one hit because most of my games i can kill sometimes 500 HP and above..

i never sell this tank because of this tank i bought my T57 heavy and T110E4 and some others like the modules and consumables..

bettersky #48 Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

Private

• 4042 battles

I am very excited every time you buy tanks in my shop.

Lately , my shop has imported many new tanks but Su-100Y is the guy bought most and I think it is comfortable enough for you to play to some extent .

Now ! Come on ! Let’s go to watch SU-100Y and I will show you

Here , It’s SU-100Y – The Russian premium tank destroyer . It looks like a box , isn’t it . Exactly , it ‘s bulk , reload time is long: 3,75 r/m (almost TD is that ) , the armor is too thin than tank destroyer : 60/60/60 , moreover camouflage is poor ,so , you can be killed easily if not be cover by allies . However , The most important part- the gun is the best fantastic  of it’s tier .It own tier 8 gun , Damage : 440/510/580 (HP) powerfully , it is even equal to the damage of some tier 10 tanks in game , the penetration is enough to hit any tank in game if you aim in weak spot : 196/171/65 that help you finish off rivals in fewer shots and tanks under tier 6 can be killed by one superb shot  . The accuracy is okay : 0,38m at 100m and the aiming time is quite short 2,9s making SU-100Y kill enemies easier . This tank is quite mobile : top speed is 35 km/h, traverse speed is 30 degree/s . It is also equipped with the tier 8 engine -890hp and the load limit is 67,4t , therefore , you can accelerate fast to hide behind objects to load .

So , what skills you have to perform to handle this box ? Firstly , as this one is vulnerable so you must follow your allies and take advantages of terrain to camouflage as well as dodge the shot of enemies . Secondly, because the reload time is long but the damage is big , the ammunition capacity is small (30 shells ) ,therefore , you must keep calm and shot accurately to make it ‘s easy for your team . You can not act alone with this tank but if you and your team cover well , you are powerful than ever .

I think it ‘ s not easy too drive this one so it is time for you to show for every one know that you can handle that and have lot of fun . Let’s be ready to experiment new feeling , at once my friend . It costs 3250 goldsbut today I will have a discount for you 3000 gold for a long time no see . Let try !

Attached Files

• Attached File   images.jpg   5.02K

JDJ007 #49 Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

Private

• 1784 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY

SU 100Y

WHY SHOULD I GET ONE?

* The big gun

* ramming power

* High damage per shot with a reload time of just 13.5 sec!! ( when upgraded )

* For the pleasure of one shoting a T6 TD if u get lucky, and every thing below it other than the T5 heavies lol .

* To grind some Serious money.

* Lots of space in the tank to fit 7 crew members in so u can train crew efficiently.

* most of all for the fun part

Dont be kept back by the armor , an ST1 bounced two shots from his main gum on my back when i was driving the SU 100Y 

hardly sees T8

WHY SHOULD'NT I GET ONE?

no money!!

* if u have money and you still got some thing else, i feel sorry for u .

MORAL                                                                                                        

Get the SU100Y its the Best T6 Premium money maker .                            

its looks stupid but ull love it , Trust me.

That 130mm gun Pumps damage!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users