Strongholds

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Weebl #41 Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Captain

• 15027 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
From what I saw of stronghold rewards last night, if you do nothing, you get no resources.

Ezz #42 Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWeebl1, on 01 August 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

From what I saw of stronghold rewards last night, if you do nothing, you get no resources.

So loser gets nothing?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Thingol #43 Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

Captain

• 14958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 01 August 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

So loser gets nothing?

I only took part in a few, and we didn't lose those, can't confirm.

I was told that we got much less for losing.

I think the statement below may still be true

View PostWeebl1, on 01 August 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

amade #44 Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

Benign Troll

• 2015 battles
It's based off a percentage of your XP (loser's percentage is smaller). So if you do nothing, you get little XP and so even less resource.

fabiensg #45 Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

padder ex machina

• 16932 battles

View PostEzz, on 01 August 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

So loser gets nothing?

Description taken from Stronghold FAQ.

How is Industrial Resource earned and distributed?

The base amount of Industrial Resource earned in a Skirmish depends on the division selected:

Medium division—100 Industrial Resource
Champion division—150 Industrial Resource
Absolute division—300 Industrial Resource

That amount of Industrial Resource is distributed between the winner and the loser proportionately to the Base Experience earned in that Skirmish. Thus, the winner will get more Industrial Resource than the loser.

For example, let’s take Champion division, where the base amount of Industrial Resource is 150.

Two detachments face each other in a Skirmish. One of the detachments wins the fight.

Assume that the winning detachment earned the total of 10,000 Base Experience. The defeated detachment earned 5,000 Base Experience. Accordingly, the two detachments earned 15,000 Base Experience in total (the numbers are hypothetical).

As the result, 150 units of Industrial Resource are divided between the two detachments as follows: the winning detachment gets 2/3 (100 Industrial Resource), the defeated detachment gets 1/3 (50 Industrial Resource).

HIH.

-- T28 Concept --

LT   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

MT  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

HT  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

TD  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15

Weebl #46 Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Captain

• 15027 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostEzz, on 01 August 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

So loser gets nothing?

Losers get a small amount of the resources based on what they did. I saw several players last night get absolutely no resources after a game and they had driven around and tried to play. Even playing well and losing only nets you a couple or resources. 

If anybody bots in this mode they won't get any resources. They will still get some XP and creds though. You would have to be stupid to do it mind as your entire opposing team is in the same clan and probably on comms. Anybody botting in skirmishes will rack up bot reports at such a rate that they won't last long. 

Ezz #47 Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Do we know if these are subject to the CW XP and CR bonus for the winners?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Ezz #48 Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWeebl1, on 01 August 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Losers get a small amount of the resources based on what they did. I saw several players last night get absolutely no resources after a game and they had driven around and tried to play. Even playing well and losing only nets you a couple or resources. 

If anybody bots in this mode they won't get any resources. They will still get some XP and creds though. You would have to be stupid to do it mind as your entire opposing team is in the same clan and probably on comms. Anybody botting in skirmishes will rack up bot reports at such a rate that they won't last long. 

Not botting, but i can see the less competitive clans just throwing matches so they can move on to the next one. Just trying to work out what mechanisms there are to discourage that. We've already seen this happen in other modes where stats are not counted such as TBs, HBs and soccer mode.

Thingol #49 Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• 14958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 01 August 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Not botting, but i can see the less competitive clans just throwing matches so they can move on to the next one. Just trying to work out what mechanisms there are to discourage that. We've already seen this happen in other modes where stats are not counted such as TBs, HBs and soccer mode.

aah dunno.

It's not a problem we've had to face since noone is actually that scared of us.

I can only promise that our guys won't be throwing any matches.  Bring it on...

The fact that the skirmishes are clan based would imply a clan that condones this and is willing to take the flak for it, unlike other modes with pick-up teams.  Wouldn't that be potentially reportable?

Ezz #50 Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostThingol, on 01 August 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

The fact that the skirmishes are clan based would imply a clan that condones this and is willing to take the flak for it, unlike other modes with pick-up teams.  Wouldn't that be potentially reportable?

Throwing a match? Not sure how many landings you guys are doing, but of late if even half the clans show up with a full team you're pretty lucky. It will be a great step forward to at least ensure that clans are theoretically there to compete rather than just delay a battle.

Edited by Ezz, 01 August 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Thingol #51 Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

Captain

• 14958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 01 August 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Throwing a match? Not sure how many landings you guys are doing, but of late if even half the clans show up with a full team you're pretty lucky. It will be a great step forward to at least ensure that clans are theoretically there to compete rather than just delay a battle.

I'd think there's a whole different dynamic at work there though.

Clans that chip spam with no intention of showing up for all matches, or field 1 tank hoping for technical victory, or smaller clans scheduling landings without really knowing how many players they will have online by the time the tournament rolls around.

None of that really applies to skirmishes.

Heck, just give it a go, and see what you think afterwards.

But be prepared to try the lower tier detachments, not just Ultimates.

We only did Mediums and had no delays.  I think there were some Champions running too, Ultimates might have been more scarce.

Ezz #52 Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The issue is not about involvement per se - i suspect most clans will give this a crack. The issue is more about ensuring a positive experience for all involved so it is sustainable. WG clearly have to find a balance between making it worthwhile for less competitive clans to even bother, while discouraging said clans from wasting other clan's time. I doubt WG wants another TB / HB on its hands.

Edited by Ezz, 01 August 2014 - 01:07 PM.

Thingol #53 Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• 14958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 01 August 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

The issue is not about involvement per se - i suspect most clans will give this a crack. The issue is more about ensuring a positive experience for all involved so it is sustainable. WG clearly have to find a balance between making it worthwhile for less competitive clans to even bother, while discouraging said clans from wasting other clan's time. I doubt WG wants another TB / HB on its hands.

Well it's early days, and my crystal ball is offline!  At least it's had an encouraging debut.

Just saying I think you should give it a bash before over-analysing.

In an ideal world the uber-clans might mostly go Ultimate and others would go champion or medium, or I guess that's how WG envisaged it.

This might rely on having a healthy population across all those queues.  Visibility of the detachments participating would help.

If the top clans constantly go skirmish-seal-clubbing or the ultimate queue doesn't take off,  who knows.

You've gotta go where the matches are though.

But the ultimate shortcomings of TBs, TCs and HBs was surely difficulty getting games.  I feel they've made a conscious effort to address that by making it accessible to a range of clans, providing unique incentives for success, and limiting the rewards for botters/bludgers.

Hope to see you guys in there.

Ezz #54 Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostThingol, on 01 August 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Just saying I think you should give it a bash before over-analysing.

That's a fairly error prone philosophy. :)

View PostThingol, on 01 August 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Visibility of the detachments participating would help.

^^^

As you mention, WG seem to have listened when it comes to actually offering some benefit for people getting involved with these beyond mission structures etc.. Hopefully they'll fully embrace the competitive side and publish some form of leaderboard etc..

Trieste #55 Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

First lieutenant

• 14182 battles

View PostEzz, on 01 August 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

That's a fairly error prone philosophy. :)

^^^

As you mention, WG seem to have listened when it comes to actually offering some benefit for people getting involved with these beyond mission structures etc.. Hopefully they'll fully embrace the competitive side and publish some form of leaderboard etc..

individual leaderboards for each skirmish tier would definitely benefit the smaller clans, assuming the big clans have to focus their efforts on taking the Absolute tier throne.

it would definitely give the clans something to think over, as the rewards for going Absolute are also much higher than the other tiers, encouraging big clans to stick with Absolute while giving small clans something to shoot for.

My ship is full of Salty Seamen.

No more WoTlabs siggy because I'm getting sick of pixel tanks.

Gud@Tonks, Bad@Ships.

Ottomatic_Reiffel #56 Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

SealClub Number 6

• Beta-Tester
  • 24192 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I seem to recall somewhere that if a clan did not show up with a full team they got a technical defeat. Is this true?

If so it would make time wasting an expensive proposition for the clan involved.

See no bots, hear no bots, speak not about bots

WoT's most dedicated players

_Storm #57 Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

Ordo Hereticus

• 14825 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
No, one or two teams turned up with 9 players (max of ten).

Ezz #58 Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostOttomatic_Reiffel, on 01 August 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

I seem to recall somewhere that if a clan did not show up with a full team they got a technical defeat. Is this true?

If so it would make time wasting an expensive proposition for the clan involved.

Why would it be expensive?

Trieste #59 Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

First lieutenant

• 14182 battles

View PostEzz, on 01 August 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Why would it be expensive?

i think he meant that technical defeats would mean that the opposing team won the full amount of resources seeing as your team earned a total of zero exp, giving you zero resources as well.

it would be a total waste of time to even attempt a delay tactic by fielding an incomplete team if you were gonna get absolutely nothing from it while gift-wrapping the victory resources to your enemy.

of course, im assuming that the point of Skirmishes would be to gain Resources for your stronghold rather than exp and creds.

My ship is full of Salty Seamen.

No more WoTlabs siggy because I'm getting sick of pixel tanks.

Gud@Tonks, Bad@Ships.

paindude #60 Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 30715 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

we had a bloody great time last night, 40 odd battles against all types of clan from unicums to little clans, wins losses, fast games and heaps of good games, most of our battles were t6 (thats our niche) but the t8 was going well too. no big waits, got base pimped a bit etc. was nice. much better than CW, different to TC (sad to see em go) and a bit diff to TB. good mode, we all like it. cant wait for tonight so we can keep getting booty to build our base into some thing cool. beats the snot out of pubs. no rage or assholes. all clans were cool, no BS..

was nice to see a lot of "big name" clans having a go too. so o7 to all clans ripping it up :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users