Jump to content


Update 9.0: Missions for Historical Battles


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

ContentWG #1 Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

    Captain

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    06-20-2013
Take a shot at rewriting history! Six new missions await you as you step into the battles of yesterday. Do well and you will be rewarded likewise!

Full news text

grimjoe #2 Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 12991 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

You know a better way to get games happening in a controlled fashion would be to pre select tanks for each battle and have people enter the room select one that is available(first in first served).

So after the tiger is selected for example then people entering can see what is still available.

Even better since you are charging a fee to use the machine with your specific layout i would do away with the need to own any of the tanks as some tanks are just plain horrible.

To elaborate if i enter a room and see that there is only 1 space left and its a tank i don't like then i cant play as im not going to go re buy that tank just to get a game but if it was included as part of the fee i might to get in on a game and/or help out.

My 2 cents so take with a pinch of salt.



LegendarySpecies #3 Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18737 battles
  • 1,536
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

These missions will remain until the release of Update 9.1, so you have all the time in the world to complete them.

 

Nice, so we have all the time in the world before 9.1? Nice one WG :trollface:



ZuluMike #4 Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 29336 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
How to get rewarded if no one (or very few) people play this mode? How about give credits just by playing HB to encourage more to play this mode?

Edited by ZuluMike, 18 April 2014 - 10:31 AM.


Nikolaevna #5 Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 16551 battles
  • 257
  • Member since:
    10-01-2012

View Postgrimjoe, on 18 April 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

You know a better way to get games happening in a controlled fashion would be to pre select tanks for each battle and have people enter the room select one that is available(first in first served).

So after the tiger is selected for example then people entering can see what is still available.

Even better since you are charging a fee to use the machine with your specific layout i would do away with the need to own any of the tanks as some tanks are just plain horrible.

To elaborate if i enter a room and see that there is only 1 space left and its a tank i don't like then i cant play as im not going to go re buy that tank just to get a game but if it was included as part of the fee i might to get in on a game and/or help out.

My 2 cents so take with a pinch of salt.

 

I was hoping they would simply make HB like Random Battles. Just pick an eligible tank and the MM will randomly select a HB for us. Hopefully it could make the queue times faster. This is especially possible for tanks like the StuG and Pzkpfw IV which can fight on all three maps. Letting players choose which map they want to play on is a very bad idea because majority seem to prefer Kursk than Balaton or Ardennes. Imagine if players can choose what map they want in Random Battles.

 

The queue is only going to get worse when more maps are added to HB, so using random MM should make sense. Doesn't really matter what battle we're playing, as long as it's history.

 

View PostZuluMike, on 18 April 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

How to get rewarded if no one (or very few) people play this mode? How about give credits just by playing HB to encourage more to play this mode?

 

Kursk seems to be the only HB that is crowded. Balaton and Ardennes, however, are almost nonexistent. More German tanks appear in the queue than the Soviets or Americans. All this time, and I thought the IS was popular at tier 7. Hellcat, well, I'm not surprised that players don't want to play it without the 90 mm gun.


Edited by Nikolaevna, 18 April 2014 - 12:48 PM.


ouchthathurts #6 Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 22729 battles
  • 3,858
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-28-2012

View Postgrimjoe, on 18 April 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Even better since you are charging a fee to use the machine with your specific layout i would do away with the need to own any of the tanks as some tanks are just plain horrible.

 

This really belongs in the discussion of historical battles, rather than the discussion of their missions; perhaps mods can move the posts?

 

I've been through the list of all the tanks, and I can't find a single one that even comes near "horrible."  The only one I've ever even heard any number of complaints about is the Jg.Pz.IV, but I played through that recently and found it to be a just fine, if unexceptional, tank.


All pre-9.5 tier I through VI tanks played and elited.


grimjoe #7 Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 12991 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View Postouchthathurts, on 18 April 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

This really belongs in the discussion of historical battles, rather than the discussion of their missions; perhaps mods can move the posts?

 

I've been through the list of all the tanks, and I can't find a single one that even comes near "horrible."  The only one I've ever even heard any number of complaints about is the Jg.Pz.IV, but I played through that recently and found it to be a just fine, if unexceptional, tank.


This really is pertinent to the topic...

//insert rant

Did i cite a popular or well known source?? no i didn't as it is then most likely to mean that like most of life it is based from personal experience. ie my opinion not your not your mates but mine.

You love every tank in this game? good on you that's your opinion and you just like everyone else is welcome to there own opinion until you try pushing it on others...//end rant

The first post is an attempt to have some other system put into place as the current one is lacking.

It probably isn't the best idea out there but any effort to improve something should not be seen as negative.



ouchthathurts #8 Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 22729 battles
  • 3,858
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-28-2012

View Postgrimjoe, on 18 April 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Did i cite a popular or well known source?? no i didn't as it is then most likely to mean that like most of life it is based from personal experience. ie my opinion not your not your mates but mine.

 

You didn't qualify your statement; you said only that some of the tanks used in historical battles are "are just plain horrible."

 

If you're aware that most knowledgeable people disagree with you then you should not only say so, but you also need to provide some justification why the game should be changed to suit just you personally.

 

Quote

You love every tank in this game?

 

No. I never said nor implied any such thing. Why do you even bring up such unrelated ideas?

 

Quote

The first post is an attempt to have some other system put into place as the current one is lacking..

 

It's lacking only in your opinion; the vast majority of good players would disagree that having to own a tank you want to take in to historical battles is a problem.

 

And proposals that aren't even properly thought through should be criticised. For a start, you never even considered what to do about crew, which is a huge omission.


All pre-9.5 tier I through VI tanks played and elited.


Nikolaevna #9 Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 16551 battles
  • 257
  • Member since:
    10-01-2012
IMO, the missions should've included every tank that is eligible for HB. Hardly anyone is playing despite 14k online right now. Giving missions only for support tanks is really not getting their attention it seems. Yesterday I was able to play a few games on Kursk, but today is impossible, while Balaton and Ardennes are virtually empty.

Mick42 #10 Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 16080 battles
  • 5,852
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    05-09-2012

View PostNikolaevna, on 18 April 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

IMO, the missions should've included every tank that is eligible for HB. Hardly anyone is playing despite 14k online right now. Giving missions only for support tanks is really not getting their attention it seems. Yesterday I was able to play a few games on Kursk, but today is impossible, while Balaton and Ardennes are virtually empty.

The incentive to play high tier tanks in HB is simply being top tier. Everyone wants to pwn.

 

The missions are for lower tier tanks to encourage their use.

 

And on the first post, there will only be 3 HB maps at any given time. WG will rotate them like missions for variety without diluting the player base.


Check out my Minion's voice mod!

 

Spoiler


Spoiler


Fueled #11 Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2134 battles
  • 147
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
Hard to play Historical Battles when nobody is playing it.  I can't blame folks.  Who wants to show up as a tier 4 and fight against tier 7.  It's too bad.  This could have been cool.

"Time to get Fueled!"


Alt__F4 #12 Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 27687 battles
  • 252
  • [ANZCS] ANZCS
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013

Well i'm not playign simply because every time i do i get CTD and got fed up. Scanning the net today to see if WG has implimented any fixes, not yet it seems. Why release a patch at the verge of an Easter long weekend :-(

 



Nikolaevna #13 Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 16551 battles
  • 257
  • Member since:
    10-01-2012

View PostMick42, on 18 April 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

The incentive to play high tier tanks in HB is simply being top tier. Everyone wants to pwn.

 

The missions are for lower tier tanks to encourage their use.

 

And on the first post, there will only be 3 HB maps at any given time. WG will rotate them like missions for variety without diluting the player base.

 

Well I saw some Pzkpfw IIIs and one T-70, but still no T-34s or SU-76s. The queue for Kursk is smaller today and I still can't get into Balaton or Ardennes. Encouraging HB missions indeed.


Edited by Nikolaevna, 19 April 2014 - 05:10 PM.


gregjet #14 Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

    Private

  • Beta-Tester
  • 27676 battles
  • 5
  • [STOMP] STOMP
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

3 different days and hours of trying to get into historical battles and not a single one. Tried using a light tank (T70 one of the few tanks  I had that could battle in any of the HB's) and still nothing, including a game where there were 20vs 18 because the tanks types weren't right.

The only way this battle type is gonna work is to allocate tanks or have a list of available remaining tanks types and side to choose from. Give all players the same crews for each tank . maybe port things like Camo net and binoculars if owned and desired. As guns and ammo std just use same method as current.

Current algo aint working for available users.

Make the players play from a std footing balanced as per the actual battles.



Nikolaevna #15 Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 16551 battles
  • 257
  • Member since:
    10-01-2012

All three HB maps are dead now. I wonder how EU and NA are faring?

 

These missions really need to be reworked if there are to be any games on HB. It's obvious that the reward of experience and credit bonuses have utterly failed. What better solution than free gold? The playerbase have always been real suckers for that. Just replace the current prizes with a modest sum of gold and watch the number of players queuing for HB skyrocket.

 

Otherwise the history buffs will just have to wait until July. If anyone's got a better idea please share it.


Edited by Nikolaevna, 21 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.


mascahyo #16 Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 18730 battles
  • 34
  • [FURY] FURY
  • Member since:
    03-14-2013
this game mode is sh** so..dont play historical battle.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users