Clan Wars: World on Fire event regulations

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

ContentWG #1 Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
The World on Fire will begin on 7th May! Also, more details about the upcoming event are now available.

Full news text

Yorrick #2 Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 23904 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
Awesome TCM will be there 

Tank Company Mercenary [TCM] A Tank Company,Strongholds,Platooning, Enthusiast's clan
We Play for Victory, Kill for Laughs, Die for the Team, Honour,Glory and a Bloody Good Time
Bringing together skilled Tankers, who want to play in skilled, friendly, competitive teams in Tank Companies, Campaign Clan Wars, and Platoons .Have you got what it takes to become a Mercenary? Skilled, Willing to learn/teach and play as a strong team with a Friendly Well Organised, United clan.RECRUITING NOW
check us out and apply here http://tankcompanyme...ary.shivtr.com/ to find out

DanLBob #3 Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 26432 battles

I'm actually disappointed tank locking will be off. I have 19 T8's including some of my favourite tanks that I know will not get a run. It'll just be the usual IS-3, 110, 50-100 and 13-90's. The only new addition will be the exceedingly OP Borsig.

DanJar

Ezz #4 Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDanLBob, on 29 April 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

I'm actually disappointed tank locking will be off. I have 19 T8's including some of my favourite tanks that I know will not get a run. It'll just be the usual IS-3, 110, 50-100 and 13-90's. The only new addition will be the exceedingly OP Borsig.

DanJar

The silly thing is that these campaigns represent an easier and more accessible meta than does real CW - yet offer greater rewards. WG logic at its finest.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

DivHunter #5 Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 19869 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I believe I have 0 8s that are useful currently in my garage.

I have all the brit 8s, the T28 Proto (1 game) and the WZ-132 that hasn't quite finished it's first skill yet.

Yorrick #6 Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 23904 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View PostDanLBob, on 29 April 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

DanJar

Yep tank locking would have been good imo

Tank Company Mercenary [TCM] A Tank Company,Strongholds,Platooning, Enthusiast's clan
We Play for Victory, Kill for Laughs, Die for the Team, Honour,Glory and a Bloody Good Time
Bringing together skilled Tankers, who want to play in skilled, friendly, competitive teams in Tank Companies, Campaign Clan Wars, and Platoons .Have you got what it takes to become a Mercenary? Skilled, Willing to learn/teach and play as a strong team with a Friendly Well Organised, United clan.RECRUITING NOW
check us out and apply here http://tankcompanyme...ary.shivtr.com/ to find out

Kalipulako #7 Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 54354 battles
  • [FORT] FORT
Yes tank locking would be great for this event since it would give chance to other players to play while the others are waiting for their tanks to be unlocked. Without tank locking, clans will just use the same players with multiple tournament tier VIII tanks that have great crew skills while the other players who have limited tanks will rarely get a game.

World of Tanks Philippines Official Unofficial Facebook Group

OFFICIALLY RETIRED, HEMAN AND ALDWIN PLAYING MY ACCOUNT. IF ITS DOING WEIRD AND CHATTING LIKE HEMAN THEN IT IS HEMAN.

DivHunter #8 Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 19869 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCarabao, on 29 April 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Yes tank locking would be great for this event since it would give chance to other players to play while the others are waiting for their tanks to be unlocked. Without tank locking, clans will just use the same players with multiple tournament tier VIII tanks that have great crew skills while the other players who have limited tanks will rarely get a game.

If you have so many players que up more battles.

mttspiii #9 Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32796 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostEzz, on 29 April 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

The silly thing is that these campaigns represent an easier and more accessible meta than does real CW - yet offer greater rewards. WG logic at its finest.

I thought the purpose of an event is to be more rewarding than the day-to-day game, either by making rewards easier to get or by giving better rewards. WG did both.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

DivHunter #10 Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 19869 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Is the T23E3 a reward or a punishment? Not sure yet.

Being available for purchase after the fact is the right way to go.

Edited by DivHunter, 29 April 2014 - 12:49 PM.

Ezz #11 Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDivHunter, on 29 April 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Is the T23E3 a reward or a punishment? Not sure yet.

Being available for purchase after the fact is the right way to go.

150 gold for a garage slow plus maybe 800k CR.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

LeSigh #12 Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 51476 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Hang on.

If you lose all your Victory points by mapping yourself, how will CNC chase us around the map?

This account proudly sponsored by WG

Ezz #13 Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSiggy, on 29 April 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Hang on.

If you lose all your Victory points by mapping yourself, how will CNC chase us around the map?

Had to re read to find that bit. I'm guessing either a typo (from WG?!?) or will change the meta a bit.

karl0ssus1 #14 Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Huh. It looks like WG are attempting to offer us a pair of competing strategies. camp very very hard on ones provinces, and maintain a bunch of active teams (Let the NAPfests begin!!!) or hightail it around the map and *ahem* "reallocate" the VP earned by the campers. 

It would appear the the path of banditry will require less work, especially as the challenger wins draws, and will probably be easiest for most clans only able to field one or 2 active teams. However camping across a couple of time zones might be optimal for farming Fame.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #15 Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79354 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

T23E3 is gonna be a shock for people who can't use 76mm at tier 7

Which judging from previous campaign is a large percentage of the receipients.

Type 4 Medium Tank Chi-To

mttspiii #16 Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32796 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostBluefunk, on 29 April 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

T23E3 is gonna be a shock for people who can't use 76mm at tier 7

Which judging from previous campaign is a large percentage of the receipients.

I thought the gold prize for being in a top 5 clan is to fund the gold rounds for it.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Grif #17 Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 18023 battles
  • [LULZ] LULZ

View Postkarl0ssus1, on 29 April 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

Huh. It looks like WG are attempting to offer us a pair of competing strategies. camp very very hard on ones provinces, and maintain a bunch of active teams (Let the NAPfests begin!!!) or hightail it around the map and *ahem* "reallocate" the VP earned by the campers. 

It would appear the the path of banditry will require less work, especially as the challenger wins draws, and will probably be easiest for most clans only able to field one or 2 active teams. However camping across a couple of time zones might be optimal for farming Fame.

Don't forget, there seems to be a 24 hour cooldown on chipstacks after pulling off the map. Meaning that this tactic might not be as straightforward as it seems to be.

Ezz #18 Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostGrif, on 29 April 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

Don't forget, there seems to be a 24 hour cooldown on chipstacks after pulling off the map. Meaning that this tactic might not be as straightforward as it seems to be.

3 stacks a night. Rinse. Repeat.

DivHunter #19 Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 19869 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The rules are extremely poorly written as usual.

The goal of each clan is to fight for provinces that contain a high possibility of revolt. - Is it? Why would you want a province that is likely to go into revolt? That makes no sense, you get nothing for attacking it in the first place, remember it is likely going to revolt not already in revolt, then the meager VP you have gained can be reduced to 25% by the next hard camper that lands.

Each province during the event will produce 100 Victory Points per turn to the owner (i.e. 2,400 Victory Points over 24 hours).

If a clan wins in a Revolt battle or during a landing tournament, 75% of the Victory Points earned by the previous owner for that particular province will be transferred over to the winning clan. - So why did we want the revolting province in the first place?

For example, if Clan A wins a revolt battle or landing tournament against Clan B who has owned the province for 10 turns, Clan A will receive 750 Victory Points. - Permanent or are they lost when you lose the province or pull off the map?

The above rule applies only for Revolts and landing tournaments. If a clan wins a standard battle for a province, it receives no Victory Points from the ex-owner, but will begin earning the 100 Victory Points per turn from the new province. - 75% of the victory points on a province is vaporized by a loss however there is no incentive to attack the province in the first place.

A clan that loses a province as a result of any battle will also lose 75% of the Victory Points gained from that particular province while it was still under the clan's control.

In the case of the previous example, Clan B will now lose 750 Victory Points as a result of losing the province to Clan A.

The remaining 25% will remain untouchable, and will not be deducted from the losing clan until the event ends and all points are tallied. - Wait what? "until" implies that the points will be deducted anyway. Why is anyone on the map again?

The 'Civilian' Clan is excluded from this function, but will receive and lose Victory Points similar to other human participants in the event.

If a clan conquers a province held by the Civilian clan, that clan will receive 75% of Victory Points earned by the Civilian clan while it was in control of the province. - By ANY victory or only a landing / riot? There were civilian provinces that survived a couple of nights in the previous campaigns. Are these permanent or lost later as well?

So far a dog's breakfast that has passed through a dog.

Edited by DivHunter, 30 April 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Bartlett #20 Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 21654 battles

Its like C2 (in regards to leaving the map and losing VP).

If you raid and pillage some VP you keep that per the stated rules and %, the little you earn for being on map is then lost when you use the leave map function (so you don't retain 25% like you would if you lost your last province in a battle and got mapped). At least that is how I am interpreting the WG language.

24 chip reserve cool down is quite a big change to the raiding life cycle of campaign 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users