• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Lockhart77 #41 Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 15789 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostHannt, on 05 June 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

You can be strategically position in locations where you are able to spot anyone who tries to start a cap, and play defensively at that spot. It will be harder for either team to commit capping when they know that they could be destroyed if they tries to do so too.

If a team holds a position and release their T1 to scout around, would you consider that as camping?

If a team is down 2 sets to 0, they are on their last set and they chose to play defensively, you can't possibly make it a requirement for them to attack and lose the game too isn't it.

Different situation and scenarios should be factored in for this discussion as well

Granted I am not experienced in a 7/42 turneys, so I don't really familiar at it being done in Encounter mode, personal experience involved tho I find encounter mode to be more fun cause it rewards the aggressor more than the defensive. Also seeing maps that have encounter mode, such as Redshire, Westfield(?), and Malinovka, the map favour aggressive moves more IMO.

"If a team holds a position and release their T1 to scout around, would you consider that as camping?"

No, I'd consider that as a wait-and-see (or something like that), cause the team is still doing something and not being completely stagnant.

"If a team is down 2 sets to 0, they are on their last set and they chose to play defensively, you can't possibly make it a requirement for them to attack and lose the game too isn't it."

Defensive doesn't always mean stagnant camping though, but yes I do agree that it's not a requirement for them to be more aggressive.

"Different situation and scenarios should be factored in for this discussion as well"

As I'm not that familiar with the turney shindig, care to give more example? :P

Edited by Lockhart77, 05 June 2014 - 01:36 PM.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌ 
                                                                                                ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
                                                                                                ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
                                                                                                ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀   

Lock "Choco-chon" Hart of the Choco-Choco Hearts Host Club

Hannt #42 Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• 2159 battles

View PostFendalton, on 05 June 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Depending on what the 'theme' or 'tier' of the tournament is. 

A estimated figure would be 7 minutes for a tier 5 tournament. I believe it's 10 min by default, and it seems on certain maps that nothing happens for the first 2-4min unless a team is aggressive, and watching e-sports, aggressive play is more entertaining to watch than 2 teams camping until there is 4 minutes remaining. 

That's my opinion, without ever playing e-sports and only watching, this could not work for many reasons, or might be a brilliant idea. 

Noted, thanks for the suggestion Fendalton! We do hope to make it more exciting for viewers as well so they could tune in and watch the games.

View PostLockhart77, on 05 June 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Granted I am not experienced in a 7/42 turneys, so I don't really familiar at it being done in Encounter mode, personal experience involved tho I find encounter mode to be more fun cause it rewards the aggressor more than the defensive. Also seeing maps that have encounter mode, such as Redshire, Westfield(?), and Malinovka, the map favour aggressive moves more IMO.

"If a team holds a position and release their T1 to scout around, would you consider that as camping?"

No, I'd consider that as a wait-and-see (or something like that), cause the team is still doing something and not being completely stagnant.

"If a team is down 2 sets to 0, they are on their last set and they chose to play defensively, you can't possibly make it a requirement for them to attack and lose the game too isn't it."

Defensive doesn't always mean stagnant camping though, but yes I do agree that it's not a requirement for them to be more aggressive.

"Different situation and scenarios should be factored in for this discussion as well"

As I'm not that familiar with the turney shindig, care to give more example? :P

The different situation and scenarios can be the following:

1) They started the map camping at a particular position and hold their grounds for a couple of minutes. Afterwards, both T1 starts roaming to see if they could spot any enemies. If they were spotted/killed, the rest of them just continue to hold their spot. In this case, by moving the T1 in an attempt to scout your opponent, you are making a move, you can't consider that as passive. However after the T1s were down, you have to factor in that if you happen to start engagement, your cap base could be exposed to two T1's capping from your opponent. And if you wish to stop the cap, you'll have to send one tank back to reset which makes it 4v5 in the front-line. So teams would hesitate to attack since it's a 7 v 5 scenario.

2) A team might be uncomfortable with this particular map and they feel that they are better in the next map, camp it out to hold out for a draw and proceed to the next round where it's played at the map that they wanted. Tactical decision.

3) A team knows that they are at a disadvantage for spawning at a particular location for example (Ruinberg North Spawn), so they chose to play defensively so their base wouldn't be captured so easily by the opponent. Another tactical decision.

4) You play a certain tank line up to counter an aggressive line up your opponent has, you chose to play defensively knowing that you'll be at a disadvantage if you go head on.

5) A team has no idea how to attack.

etc etc

These are just a couple of examples that could lead to a team being forced to play defensively. In conclusion, it's all up to a team to decide if they're better at playing defensively or aggressively. It happens for all the other games as well, you can't exactly fault a team for playing defensively if they know they would excel and win by doing so. We both could agree that it will be too extreme if a team basically camps from the start to the end for all of the tournament matches (being stagnant at a place even with their T1s), eventually they might get themselves into trouble for doing so.

Edited by Hannt, 05 June 2014 - 10:15 PM.

topshelf #43 Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:05 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 24548 battles
  • [AAD] AAD

Hi Hannt,

I don't know if it's feasible at all but for some of the tournaments is it at all possible to have the early rounds based on timezones? Currently the only tournaments I can go into are the tier 5s as the tier 8s all seem to start at 10pm and 11pm Sydney time through the week. Is it possible for example for some tournaments to have the weekday or at least first couple stages on a system where the team nominates to play at either a 6pm, 7pm or 8pm (Singapore) time slot pool? The top 4 or so teams from each pool would then go back into say a 7pm time zone for the following weekday stages. 

Granted it it may mean a smaller initial pool for the 6pm (SGT) slot given that would be picking up primarily Australian and NZ teams but it would also allow more Australian and NZ teams to actually participate in the first place. 

But it I do realise 8pm Singapore time is your key prime time zone, so not suggesting this time zone pool idea is used for every tournament. 

Also, shouldn't this thread be a sticky? 

Thanks. 

Hannt #44 Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• 2159 battles

Greetings topshelf,

Thank you for your feedback. There were 2 tournaments which were running at a different time schedule, namely War of 5s (18:00 UTC +8) and Siege of 8s (20:00 UTC +8), but for now we are focusing on the Absolute Frontiers tournament. We are currently exploring the other options for time slots and it could be implemented for future tournaments, however nothing is concrete yet as of now.

After all, we have received a few feedback regarding catering a specific time-zone for the AZ/NZ players, and we have taken note that it is a possible option for us to have i.e, Siege of 8s in two separate brackets for 2 different time-zones and the winners from both bracket can compete on another weekday itself to conclude the eventual winner.

As per your suggestion, I'll sticky this thread to allow players easy access to leave their feedback and suggestions.

Do feel free to drop us more feedback or suggestions if you have any!

Regards,

Hannt

Serene_Potato #45 Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

Captain

• 7593 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

Want the return of 7/42. And what happened to siege of 5s/siege of 8s? how much long will Coup De main go on for?

Could the Coup De Mains be held a bit later in the day? Some tournaments on weekdays are at like, say 4pm, which is a horrible time for most tournament participants.

I play artillery because I like to promote dynamic gameplay.

glennso #46 Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

Rocks need a nerf

• Beta-Tester
  • 35167 battles
  • [V-H] V-H
Wg please make tournaments more accessible by putting the registration table in game.

Ki1l3r #47 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:03 PM

Corporal

• 41346 battles
  • [1971] 1971
Wargaming.net Esports says they there will a Special Cup each Relegion/Country. I am from Bangladesh. Where is our Country Cup ? Do you(Wargaming) count us as an Indian subcontinent? Or separate as a Bangladeshi ? This is unfair every country getting there cup but wargaming alawys neglect us! This is the things where i hate wargaming ! There is no special Things for us ! :(

joch329 #48 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:37 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 39067 battles

*Prenote: Sorry for not posting an earlier suggestion thread over here, totally missed this. Is it possible to bring that post under this thread?

Just some feedback/suggestions, so here comes:

1. Changes made during the tournament.
There have been times when the tournaments got messed up by technical errors eg. battle did not pop on time, wrong tier/wrong number of tanks in the special battle window vs what was written on the website and etc. And so far the resolutions seem to be to reschedule game or changing the the tier/number of tanks in the middle of the tournament without any heads up(I know sometimes you write the changes in the website's fine prints, but seriously, we can't go refresh that page every minute in the middle of the tournament). So unless you can devise a way to inform all the teams real-time if not I would suggest to either stop the whole tournament or continue as is, and just give everyone compensation.

2. Changes made before the tournament.
There was an instance during SEA CUP Tie-Breaker where the map and match-up were changed without any notice at all. While this is probably just going to be an one-off event but if similar thing happens again you should probably make sure all teams are informed of and have acknowledged about the change.

3. Three teams promoting from Monday stage 1.
So this goes without saying that the current format is unfair - when more than 2 teams from one group promotes in stage 1, teams are selected at random to do extra tie-breaker matches in stage 2. The best solution then will be to ensure only 2 teams promote from each group. There were a set of rules made for the SEA CUP Tie-Breaker stage, that can be used here with some modification.

Basically something like: match point> game point(win/loss ratio)> total damage> random winner

4. Game Mode.
Another way to make progression smoother is to get rid of encounter game mode for tournaments. Correct me if I'm wrong, you only promote if you get 2 wins. That means 2 draws or 1 win, 1 draw and 1 lose then no one promotes, and that's bad. Also, it means if I'm the weaker team, I can just hard camp and if the other team wants to win, they have to push into well camped enemies, else they just end up draw and both team lose anyway. Maybe I missed the benefits of encounter mode over attack/defense, if that's the case, let me know ;)

5. Gold receipt log.
This is really long overdued. And this should apply for not only tournament gold, but also CW, contest and purchases. Have something in-game like the log in Stronghold. That will be checking gold payments soooo much easier :)

Glhf guys! Cheers! o/

joch329 #49 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 39067 battles

Why is the time between games on Monday changed to 15min from 10min?

Because each game last a maximum of 7min so 10min was actually a pretty good timing so we don't have to wait too long in between games doing nothing. Was there some good reason for the change that I missed? If not can it be changed back please?

o/

JJAtelier92 #50 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

Sergeant

• E-Sports
  • 4500 battles

View Postjoch329, on 15 January 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Why is the time between games on Monday changed to 15min from 10min?

Because each game last a maximum of 7min so 10min was actually a pretty good timing so we don't have to wait too long in between games doing nothing. Was there some good reason for the change that I missed? If not can it be changed back please?

o/

Hi joch329,

This is a very subtle change we made in order to prevent any unexpected technical defeats/victories due to the TMS timings being too close to each other.

We believe this extended break time shouldn't cause any issues and will ensure everyone proceeds smoothly with their tournament matches windows.

Thanks for voicing your concerns, we're always considering everyones thoughts and making any adjustments necessary.

Best regards
APAC CG/eSports Department

Edited by JJAtelier92, 16 January 2018 - 06:38 PM.

joch329 #51 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 39067 battles

Thanks JJ.

You heard the man guys, so do you lot prefer 15min or 10min?? Get some voices in please ;)

Napalmer #52 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 57307 battles
  • [DRANK] DRANK

If the matches are only 7 minutes, 10 minutes between games is fine.

It's not hard to get a team sorted in three minutes. 8 minutes wait is excessive.

And that's assuming the games go for full time, most often the game will be done in 3-4 minutes.

Not to mention if you get a tech vic...

3-Marked Tier 10s: T57 Heavy, T110E5, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Type 5 Heavy, WZ-111 5A, Kranvagn, Strv 103B

Check out my stream live at Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer !

Angmar_ #53 Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:35 AM

Corporal

• 20620 battles

Just wanted to say the 3v3 tournament last night was a lot of fun, I wasn't sure what to expect with 3v3 but it definitely surpassed my expectations. The 2 minutes between rounds was excellent as well.

My only suggestion is that there be a bit longer wait between matches, I had a massive Adrenalin rush game in the quarter finals and then still hadn't recovered going into the semi finals and it really screwed with my gameplay >_< Maybe half an hour between matches to have a break ? Though I imagine this isn't going to happen.

Would happily play the same format again, great break from clan wars, even if it clashed with advances :/

nev3r #54 Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:25 PM

Corporal

• 9513 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostAngmar_, on 15 October 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

Just wanted to say the 3v3 tournament last night was a lot of fun, I wasn't sure what to expect with 3v3 but it definitely surpassed my expectations. The 2 minutes between rounds was excellent as well.

My only suggestion is that there be a bit longer wait between matches, I had a massive Adrenalin rush game in the quarter finals and then still hadn't recovered going into the semi finals and it really screwed with my gameplay >_< Maybe half an hour between matches to have a break ? Though I imagine this isn't going to happen.

Would happily play the same format again, great break from clan wars, even if it clashed with advances :/

Hey Angmar,

Thank you for your feedback, happy you enjoyed the tournament.

Half an hour between matches would probably take too much time to complete a tournament.
Especially with Bo3, winning a fast 2-0 will still have you waiting 15-20 mins before the next match, while going for a long 2-1 means that the next match is just starting few minutes later.
A solution would be having separate stages (like group stage + playoffs) and a break between them to rest a bit.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #55 Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 93634 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
How about special rule for capping in tournament - the team with the higher cap point wins when battle time runs out.

Ranork #56 Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 56083 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 05 May 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

Bot Wars - essentially the CW map, except no humans are allowed in the battles.

Ezz seriously how would we know the difference? :O

nev3r #57 Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:43 PM

Corporal

• 9513 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 15 October 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

How about special rule for capping in tournament - the team with the higher cap point wins when battle time runs out.

Unfortunately I don't have such a feature to decide draws :(

ndscrmn8 #58 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:52 PM

Private

• 20312 battles
  • [S_O_B] S_O_B

Hey, a suggestion for the tournament pages, it would be a nice feature if, on the Confirmed Teams list on each tournament page, we could filter/sort by team name and/or server.

A lot of players want to review the competition prior to playing and having to click, scroll, click, scroll, to look at each team is a bit tedious.

Perhaps even show a brief summary of each team in the list itself?

Just a thought, thanks.

What_Now #59 Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:23 AM

Corporal

• 18891 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

I would like to see a Front Lines tournament where you choose a side to play for with the larger tech-tree countries in game that were in the Allies and Axis of WWII. This Tournament would last longer and have different maps than our current FL maps.

How it would work.

1. You would choose a side Allies or Axis
  2.  You would be locked in to the side you choose
  3.  You can use Arty and Air strikes, but they will come off a point system. This will be so they cannot be spammed.
  4.  Your prize system would be the same as the current system, just with better prizes.

HoPeY_ #60 Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:01 PM

Major

• 107289 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX
How about restricting the amount of times people can win prizes. How many times can one player win such things as 59 prizes (so get gold)? Share the love.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users