Video: Tanks Smell of Bogs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

ContentWG #1 Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Do you remember the friendly mechanics featured in the T-34 documentary? In this little episode, we follow them as they go hunting for old tank corpses in the abandoned woods, where battles were once fought on.

Full news text

tom_bro #2 Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 18013 battles

Laughed so hard when I saw the WG sticker on the shed towards the end.

Sly advert there

i54690k @ 4.2gHz, NZXT x61 kraken, Asrock z97 Extreme 4, Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 edit, 8GB Corsair vengeance @2133Hz, All in the rather stylish H440 orange.

R. Pubbie "You are a noob, I am way better at tanks than you. You are nothing but a statpadder with no life.  I am the boss of a large corporation, with an incredible job, have an amazing sex life with many women, a sports car and an incalculable amount of cash"

agentfrost #3 Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 66058 battles
  • [BATS] BATS
Can they do that here in the Philippines? WWII tank found at bottom of Manila Bay 

By Marlon Ramos
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 18:03:00 09/23/2009

Filed Under: history

MANILA, Philippines -- The Philippine Coast Guard inspected on Wednesday a 65-year-old battle tank, which a private contractor of the Pasig River rehabilitation project accidentally dug up off Manila's South Harbor over the weekend.

Commander Armand Balilo, Coast Guard spokesperson, said personnel of Kwan Sing Construction Corp. recovered the Sherman M4-A1 tank while doing dredging activities near the breakwater in Baseco Compound, Tondo early Saturday.

According to Balilo, the tank was commonly used by the US military during World War II.

Fearing that the tank still contained explosives, he said barge operator Alex Froilan immediately informed the Coast Guard about their find.

"When we checked on it, we found several bullets for Garand rifles inside the tank," Balilo told the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

Balilo said the recovery of the tank may support the belief of some residents that a US military ship sank in the area at the height of the battle between the US and Japan.

He noted that a vintage cannon was also discovered in the same spot two months ago.

Balilo said the tank would be brought to the Coast Guard headquarters in Pier 15 on Thursday for safekeeping.

"We will immediately inform US embassy officials and the National Historical Institute because they might be interested with the tank," Balilo said. Tanks Smell of Manila Bay ^_^

Edited by agentfrost, 13 May 2014 - 12:28 PM.

rockape79 #4 Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

Corporal

• 7989 battles
If only I could speak Russian, or if there were sub-titles, another tank documentary dvd to add to the wish list, also reminds me of a couple of vids I watched with a former employer a couple of years ago, one of a t-34 with german markings recovered from a lake (they tried to drive across when it was frozen)  & the other of a stug III being recovered from a swamp & it still had the crew inside

" you could probably use some armour " Oddball - Kelly's hero's

" the trash heap has spoken, nyah! " philo &/or gunghe - fraggle rock

" its a cultural reference, NOT the prison slang version "

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users