Premium Tank Review Contest "E-25"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Elphaba #1 Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

Event Start Time: 30 May2014 14:00 (UTC+8) 

Event End Time: 6 June 2014 14:00 (UTC+8) 

Hi Commanders,

Finding the right tank to add to your garage can be difficult. In our Premium Tank Review Series, we want to hear from our tank commanders their own personal opinions on our featured tanks to help other players make their choice when they finally decide to bring that long-coveted tank home!

This time, we'd like to read about your thoughts on the "E-25"!

Mechanics:

1. Post your best review of the featured tank focusing on the following details:
    • Pros
    • Cons
    • Equipment recommendations
    • Crew Skill recommendations
    • Gameplay tips
  2. Use of images in your review is recommended but not mandatory.
  3. Contest is limited to one entry per account so make it good!

Prize:

• 3 winners of 1000 gold.

Elphaba #2 Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles
For the record, this happens to be my favorite premium tank. :playing:

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 80455 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

Well for the record, this isn't my favorite premium tank, but is one I would still recommend actual players to actually buy

Maybe I'll post in English for a change.

pantsu-vor~

Subete_Yoi #4 Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 11690 battles
It a good...tank.
Fast... rapid firing... stuff like that.
Good for harassing enemy arse... I think...
Much fun when have these thing platooned up. Triple Threat!

(I don't use this tank so... Can't really state much compared to my previous...)

Tanking Status
Officially Retired

Seen a lot since 2012
Time to settle down

_Mr_ChowZen_ #5 Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

Corporal

• 45763 battles
  • [SLPSL] SLPSL
It's a Good Tank Destroyer Fast firing and same like a Scout.. the equipments for me is Gun Rammer, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive and Camouflage Net or Binoculars for Sniping the gameplay for me is if the enemy is long reloading time shoot at least 3 shot per shell... and find a flank to snipe. that all for my E 25.

NishizumiMiho #6 Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 14770 battles

:bush:To tell the truth this is one exciting (Mini) tank destroyer to play with mainly because of its super fast mobility,high camo rating ability and rapid fire Rate of Fire. It will easily tear its enemy tank apart easily if players played it right !

:smile:Pros: A)It is very fast and it is even comparable to a MT-25 Light tank's mobility.

B)Superb Rate of Fire it can easily reaches 3000DPM.

C)Camo rating on this tank is great, players will have a hard time finding this tank from a distance.

D) It has special MM that meets only Tier 8 which makes players very comfortable on playing E-25.

C) A good money maker premium tank, thanks to its cheap shells.

:sad:Cons: A)Very poor armored tank players can easily penetrate you anywhere.

B)It has a poor damage output of 130-150 most of the time and poor 150mm penetration.

C)Very little ammo.

D)Crew members are easily killed..

:justwait:Equipment RecommendationsI would recommend getting a Camo net, because tank is almost invisible-like* to enemy tanks. Secondly you might want to get a Medium-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer which will boost up your RoF to almost 2.6Seconds per shot. Finally you should get a Improved Ventilation Class 2 which will bump up your crew by 5% making them more effectively.

:glasses:Crew Skill recommendations: E-25 is a stealthy tank firstly you should maxed out Camo skill on all your crew members. Secondly, you should consider getting the repair skill on all your member mainly because you are easily to be tracked. Finally, if you feel like needed a extra boost I suggest getting Brother in Arms skill.

:bajan:Gameplay tips: Again E-25 is stealthy tank you might need to take that advantage by hiding on bushes. Firstly,if you are playing camping style you need to wait patiently for your fellow tankers to scout out enemy tanks, once scouted you need to carefully engage them from a distance getting too close might resolve getting you killed in a sec. On the other hand, if your a non-patient player that wants to engage them, you might wanna look for enemy tanks that are being distracted, then you should go around them and shoot them from behind due to your low penetration, if the enemy is trying to shoot you take your mobility as a advantage as well to get away.

Edited by NishizumiMiho, 30 May 2014 - 04:09 PM.

fallenriser #7 Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 21609 battles
  • [MVP] MVP

4. 3 winners of 1,000 per language

So, english 3 winner, chinese 3 winner, japanese 3 winner,, bahasa malaysia 3 winner.... Etc..

True?

27000ants #8 Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

Sergeant

• 18219 battles

An E25 is a Stug on steroids.

Pros: 

1. Fast

2. 1 shot every 3 seconds before equipment and crew skills are counted

3. Superb camo

4. Fast

5. Low profile means small target

6. Premium, so you can make more moneys

7. Sloped armor

8. 0.3 accuracy (very good)

9. Fast

Cons:

1. Literally a Stug on steroids. The gun is the same 150mm penetration you get on the Stug.

2. Low profile makes it awkward to use cover.

3. Only 4 crew, hence the radioman goes untrained (a problem for those who want BIA)

Equipment:

1. Gun Rammer: because 3 seconds per shot is not good enough

2. Vents: 5% extra skillz can save you sometimes. Also helps with reload

3. Camo net: Sniping gets soo much easier

Crew Skills:

Really? You'd be using the tank as a trainer for your german TDs. But since this is a Stug on steroids, the crew skills should be approximately the same.

Commander: 6th sense (very important), Camo, extra view range

Gunner: Deadeye (you'd want to damage modules every 2.6 seconds), Camo

Driver: Camo, Extra vehicle turning speed

Loader: Camo, Repairs, Safe stowage (because it is not okay to shoot every 5 seconds because of a damaged ammo rack)

Gameplay:

Use this tank primarily as a sniper. The speed allows you to get to good positions and the firing rate gives them hell. Later in the game, you can start to be a bit more offensive and use it as an aggressive scout. Speed and camo are your friends.

_franz_ #9 Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 33459 battles
  • [PUT] PUT

Pros:
Great speed and acceleration
Sloped front armor
Can maintain top speed constantly
Quite mobile
Excellent camo rating

Cons:
Almost useless armor
very little ammo
low damage

Equipment recommendations:

Camouflage Net...
Coated optics...
Tank gun rammer....
enhanced gun laying drive

Crew Skill recommendations:
Sixth Sense...
camouflage.....
brother-in arms..
repair..

Gameplay tips: play TD(Sniper Mode)....hide in some bushes...and flank in if chances comes....

Hi

CrypticLime #10 Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

Captain

• 6824 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-
Give us the E-10 as  a premium so we can OP bush camo snipe!

Death2846 #11 Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

Major

• 21279 battles

View PostTakeThatMayonnaise, on 30 May 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

Give us the E-10 as  a premium so we can OP bush camo snipe!

The E-10 might look like the E-25 but it's not.

And this is a thread on the E-25!!!

Flavoured_Snacks #12 Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

Corporal

• 24661 battles
  • [PRAVD] PRAVD

E-25 

HP: 830

Armor: 50/30/30

Penetration: 150/194/38

Damage: 135/135/175

Overview

The E-25 is basically the perfect Tank Destroyer (TD) that plays very effectively as recon/sniper. Don't like to hang around and wait for spots? No worries this little thing is quick to shift with a top speed of  65km/h that is easily reached, this little TD is more than capable of getting to a spot to light the enemy tanks up before raining all hell onto the sides and flanks of enemies. Also the gun albeit it is lacking in penetration when you have to shoot the fronts of enemy tanks is perfectly fine when shooting at unsuspecting sides of enemy tanks. Did I mention that you have an insane DPM and that this thing reloads(2.6s*) insanely fast but it also aims (1.5s) faster than the gun can load which means you get to have an assurance that your shots are unlikely going to miss much. Though you lack hull armor thickness, you won't generally need the armor as this thing firstly, can hide well thanks to it's small size and good camo values also shots at you generally would miss since you're such a small target and lastly, the E-25 is so small that it is possible to side hug heavies and laugh as even the T29 can't point his gun low enough to hit you.

Pros

- Small size, this makes you hard to detect and harder to hit.

- Good RoF which results in good DPM potential.

- Highly mobile when coupled with the good RoF and size compensates the fact your gun's penetration is lacking.

- Highly accurate (0.3m), this allows the E-25 to function as the sniper TD role when called for.

- Wonderful hull traverse (44d/s).

- Can easily relocate and change flanks if needed to.

- Can use Improved Ventilation.

- Premium MM.

Cons

- Virtually no armor except for the mantlet which might bounce a shell occassionally.

- Relatively small ammo capacity of 60 rounds which would run out quick given it's RoF.

- Crew dies relatively easy due to the lack of armor especially the driver who is located in the front which is fairly crucial for the little thing.

- Low alpha of 169 damage for it's tier.

Equipment setups 

Sniper (Pure)

- Binocular Telescope

- Camo Net

- Medium Caliber Tank Gun Rammer

Assault/Flanker

- Improved Ventilation Class 2

- Coated Optics

Recon Sniper

- Camo Net

- Binocular Telescope/Coated Optics *Depends on your playstyle, if you camp often Binocs if you find yourself constantly moving Optics.

Crew Skills recommendations  

Commander(Radio Operator) - Sixth Sense, Camo, Recon, Situational Awareness, Brothers in Arms

Gunner- Camo, Snap Shot, Designated Target , Brothers in Arms

Driver- Camo, Clutch Braking, Offroad Driving, Preventative Maintenance, Brothers in Arms

Loader- Camo, Safe Stowage, Adrenaline Rush, Brothers in Arms

If you haven't noticed, the E-25 is a tank with high camo and little armor meaning that avoiding getting detected is key to performing well in it. Also the reason as to why repairs isn't recommended is due to the fact that the E-25 only has 830 hp which means getting tracked would almost surely mean death. Some skills may be swapped out for other skills but the crucial skills are Camouflage and Sixth Sense. Do keep in mind that your driver and commander who is also your radio operator are arguably the two most important crew members. 

Playstyle/Tactics 

The E-25 plays simply as either a pure sniper which is not recommended, an assault breakthrough tank or as a recon sniper. Simply put, the E-25 plays at the start by locating itself to a prime and good location to spot and snipe unsuspecting enemy tanks, then, the E-25 in mid-game can choose to aid another flank or breakthrough a flank *Depending on the situation at hand. Play cautiously and NEVER rush ahead into the enemies guns. Locate yourself in a nice position that is able to allow you to shoot at sides and flanks of enemy tanks. Remember if you can't penetrate them, you can track them easily with the RoF of your gun. Relocate if necessary and don't be too rigid to stick to a flank if you see that another flank is collapsing as you are mobile enough to relocate and switch flanks easily. Side hugging tanks like heavies is an option but don't make it a habit as it only works in a 1v1.

Did I also mention that a platoon of these things are deadly? 

To end this review, I shall quote General George S.Patton who I feel would resemble what traits this little tank destroyer stands for, "Hit fast, Hit hard, Hit often" which is exactly what this little tank destroyer is capable of. 

Edited by Flavoured_Snacks, 30 May 2014 - 07:44 PM.

The stats of a 15~ fps player.

I now play with 40 - 60 FPS average.

LegendarySpecies #13 Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

Captain

• 16214 battles

View PostFlavoured_Snacks, on 30 May 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

E-25 

Overview

The E-25 is basically the perfect Tank Destroyer (TD) that plays very effectively as recon/sniper. Don't like to hang around and wait for spots? No worries this little thing is quick to shift with a top speed of  65km/h that is easily reached, this little TD is more than capable of getting to a spot to light the enemy tanks up before raining all hell onto the sides and flanks of enemies. Also the gun albeit it is lacking in penetration when you have to shoot the fronts of enemy tanks is perfectly fine when shooting at unsuspecting sides of enemy tanks. Did I mention that you have an insane DPM and that this thing reloads(2.6s*) insanely fast but it also aims (1.5s) faster than the gun can load which means you get to have an assurance that your shots are unlikely going to miss much. Though you lack hull armor thickness, you won't generally need the armor as this thing firstly, can hide well thanks to it's small size and good camo values also shots at you generally would miss since you're such a small target and lastly, the E-25 is so small that it is possible to side hug heavies and laugh as even the T-29 can't point his gun low enough to hit you.

Pros

- Small size, this makes you hard to detect and harder to hit.

- Good RoF which results in good DPM potential.

- Highly mobile when coupled with the good RoF and size compensates the fact your gun's penetration is lacking.

- Highly accurate (0.3m), this allows the E-25 to function as the sniper TD role when called for.\

- Wonderful hull traverse (44d/s)

- Can easily relocate and change flanks if needed to.

- Can use Improved Ventilation

- Premium MM

Cons

- Virtually no armor except for the mantlet which might bounce a shell occassionally.

- Relatively small ammo capacity of 60 rounds which would run out quick given it's RoF.

- Crew dies relatively easy due to the lack of armor especially the driver who is located in the front which is fairly crucial for the little thing.

- Low alpha of 169 damage for it's tier.

Equipment setups 

Sniper (Pure)

- Binocular Telescope

- Camo Net

Assault/Flanker

- Coated Optics

Recon Sniper

- Camo Net

- Binocular Telescope/Coated Optics *Depends on your playstyle, if you camp often Binocs if you find yourself constantly moving Optics.

Commander(Radio Operator) - Sixth Sense, Camo, Recon, Situational Awareness, Brothers in Arms

Driver- Camo, Clutch Braking, Offroad Driving, Preventative Maintenance, Brothers in Arms

If you haven't noticed, the E-25 is a tank with high camo and little armor meaning that avoiding getting detected is key to performing well in it. Also the reason as to why repairs isn't recommended is due to the fact that the E-25 only has 830 hp which means getting tracked would almost surely means death. Some skills may be swapped out for other skills but the crucial skills are Camouflage and Sixth Sense. Do keep in mind that your driver and commander who is also your radio operator are arguably the two most important crew members. 

Playstyle/Tactics 

The E-25 plays simply as either a pure sniper which is not recommended, an assault breakthrough tank or as a recon sniper. Simply put, the E-25 plays at the start by locating itself to a prime and good location to spot and snipe unsuspecting enemy tanks, then, the E-25 in mid-game can choose to aid another flank or breakthrough a flank *Depending on the situation at hand. Play cautiously and NEVER rush ahead into the enemies guns. Locate yourself in a nice position that is able to allow you to shoot at sides and flanks of enemy tanks. Remember if you can't penetrate them, you can track them easily with the RoF of your gun. Relocate if necessary and don't be too rigid to stick to a flank if you see that another flank is collapsing as you are mobile enough to relocate and switch flanks easily. Side hugging tanks like heavies is an option but don't make it a habit as it only works in a 1v1.

Did I also mention that a platoon of these things are deadly? 

To end this review, I shall quote General George S.Patton who I feel would resemble what traits this little tank destroyer stands for, "Hit fast, Hit hard, Hit often" which is exactly what this little tank destroyer is capable of. 

I thought it didn't get premium MM... :P

Flavoured_Snacks #14 Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

Corporal

• 24661 battles
  • [PRAVD] PRAVD

View PostLegendarySpecies, on 30 May 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

I thought it didn't get premium MM... :P

iirc and I just looked at the wiki it sees a maximum of tier 8 battles. Although if this had been changed in the latest updates I'm not to sure but I'm fairly certain it does gets premium MM.

The stats of a 15~ fps player.

I now play with 40 - 60 FPS average.

Elphaba #15 Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View Postfallenriser, on 30 May 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

4. 3 winners of 1,000 per language

So, english 3 winner, chinese 3 winner, japanese 3 winner,, bahasa malaysia 3 winner.... Etc..

True?

This contest is available in English, Traditional Chinese, Thai, and Japanese, so it's 3 winners each for those 4 languages.

View PostFlavoured_Snacks, on 30 May 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

iirc and I just looked at the wiki it sees a maximum of tier 8 battles. Although if this had been changed in the latest updates I'm not to sure but I'm fairly certain it does gets premium MM.

It does get premium MM. :smile:

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #16 Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 80455 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
delete

Edited by Bluefunk, 30 May 2014 - 06:07 PM.

pantsu-vor~

Neo #17 Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 31421 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

E-25

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/E-25

Pros

High accuracy, very fast-aiming gun
Very high dpm
Very small, very fast vehicle
Special matchmaking(t7-8)
high camo
Good gun depression

Cons

Very poor penetration, even with gold ammo
Very low alpha damage
Poor armor other than the gun mantlet
Often loses its modules, most notably the engine and ammo rack
Poor shell velocity
Doesn’t seem to reach its top speed easily
Ammo capacity is just enough considering how fast it fires

Equipment recommendations

optics or (preferably) binocs
rammer
vents

Crew Skill recommendations

1st skill:
Com: Mentor
Gun: Camo
Driv: Camo
Rad: Camo
Loa: Camo

Starting 2nd skill:
Com: Retrain to Sixth Sense, Camo
Gun: Camo, Snap Shot
Driv: Camo, Clutch Braking
Rad: Camo, Situational Awareness
Loa: Camo, Repair

Starting 3rd skill:
Doesn't matter, pick whatever, you'll be retraining them all soon.

60% through 3rd skill: Retrain all crew members to:
Com: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camo
Gun: BiA, Camo, Snap Shot
Driv: BiA, Camo, Clutch Braking
Rad: BiA, Camo, Situational Awareness
Loa: BiA, Camo, Repair (Or Adrenaline Rush to save you 200g if you're gonna get to 4 skills)

Starting 4th skill:
Com: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camo, Recon
Gun: Retrain to: BiA, Camo, Deadeye, Snap Shot
Driv: BiA, Camo, Clutch Braking, Off Road Driving
Rad: BiA, Camo, Situational Awareness, Signal Boosting
Loa: BiA, Camo, Adrenaline Rush, Repair

Starting 5th skill:
Com: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camo, Recon, Repair
Gun: BiA, Camo, Deadeye, Snap Shot, Repair
Driv: BiA, Camo, Clutch Braking, Off Road Driving, Repair
Rad: BiA, Camo, Situational Awareness, Signal Boosting, Repair
Loa: BiA, Camo, Adrenaline Rush, Safe Stowage, Repair

credits: Took crew skill train sheet from Allurai's T49 crew guide.

Consumables
repair kit,medkit,largerepair kit/chocolate

Gameplay tips

Dont get spotted in the open , dont take shots as it has low hp pool. Get a comformatble sniping postion and spam.
Carry 50% prem shells so you can pen t8s from front.

Source: This guide is made via ctrl C crtl V (90%) from different sites.Credits to original poster.

Replays

http://wotreplays.com/site/904483#redshire-neo-e-25

Edited by Neo, 03 June 2014 - 01:35 PM.

mechslayer #18 Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 13270 battles

E-25 a.k.a The cockroach

A tank in plan to developed under E-Series plan  to replace jgdPzIV  by using the same success format   Hetzer  / Stug   ,25 ton , Small tank yet cunning .

Why with the cockroach title ?

Fast , low silhouette ,high ROF . The three element you can abuse when using it on hit and run tactic while scouting. When get spotted you can run either charged forward or other route while dodging those counter fire by enemies. Most delightful if you can get on their back , flanking them  while disturbing  their rear position.Run and then come back to annoy the enemy just like cockroach

With speed limit of 65kmh you can go across map with high speed to take down opposite arty before going back  to garage . If you are PvP type ,The speed  and low height  of E25 make it difficulty for the enemies to hit when you are daring to go near their side picking fight with them.

This tank is TD why must charged forward?

Even you have high ROF and high cammo factor , the gun is not. Its only 7,5cm . Cannot do a lot of damage to those who have more thicker armor. Thanks for the German line TD known as the best accuracy gun . You can abuse the accuracy to the highly probability equipment that can be damage like enemies track tank or  fuel tank  while trying  to circle their rear or just buying  some time for your allies to finish the enemies while it crippled.  

As a support sniper .you cannot remain in one place because of the lack of armor. Once you are found by enemy ,better get moving  . Your armor and health point  will not hold  that much and the probability to send back to garage are high.Use the speed to relocate to other safer location.

Charging to enemies is fun so the tank must be add with lotsa fun equipment and skill

Up tuning your tank will be more fun , bring all the tank stats  potential to max.

:bush:Camouflage Net 

your tank already low silhouette and the low height make it harder to detect, Upgrade it more with camoflage net so you can go all out predator like while  hiding inside bush   .

:justwait:Medium Caliber Tank Gun Rammer  

feeling like shooting fast? This equipment will boost your reload time  down from usual 3 sec  ,making it more easier to do repeated shot. Just remind yourself the number of shell when shooting.    

:child:Repair Tool box                                       

Repair kit  is not enough, sometimes when  all the repair in consumable have been used  and tank got tracked  you can't expect speed time to recover will be fast .You don't want to get caught with track broken and immobilized  especially when you are sitting duck in line of fire.Try to repair it fast so you can back to action  earlier.     

Skilled crew make a lot of difference in game play . So what skill really suitable for this kind of tank?

Captain 

a)          6th sense (yes the first must skill , you must be an esp-er if you  think other tank will not spot you all time in the game ) ,

b +c)    Recon  and Situational Awareness  (this two skill will boost your view range  so you can spot the enemies much better and earlier  when scouting , remember your commander also have radio skill  ,The effect of the Situational Awareness Skill is cumulative with that of the Commander's Recon Skill  if  you are planning to play in ghost recon mode  ,  change the equipment   repair tool box to Binocular Telescope  maximize the 25% extra range  

Gunner 

a) Repair

b)Camouflage

c )DeadEye give a probability damage to their equipment . it  will be more fun when seeing the enemies engine goes on fire or blowing their ammo rack )

Driver   

a) Repair

b)Camouflage

c)Clutch Braking ( E25 doest have turrets! So u need to rotate your tank more faster than ever, use clutch braking so you can rotate faster)

Loader 

a) Repair

b)Camouflage

c)Safe Stowage ( Your tank is easier to be shot by others, try to reduce the probability from fire due by ammo racked by using safe stowage , exploded ammo rack  is death sentence ! )

Why with the number of repair and camoulage on the 3 crew?

The combination of those 3 crew at least can increase around 75% of effectiveness from your repair tool box and camouflage net . Thats mean the tank are more harder to detect and the repair will be go faster when it reach 100%

Conclusion:

This tank have a lot of possibilities and many way to be used not just as a tank destroyer . Its also can work like a scout and acting as a supporting allies that can give a lot trouble time to opposite team  . In the hand of skilled player this tank are deadly predator

Edited by mechslayer, 01 June 2014 - 04:41 AM.

LegendarySpecies #19 Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

Captain

• 16214 battles

Might as well try my luck with this - thanks to Flavoured_Snacks for letting me use his format without permission :tongue:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE_c_DfCG5_TRSOZ0r4jT

E-25

History

The development of the E-25 was a part of the "E" program, supervised by the Waffenprüfamt 6 committee. The E-25 was developed by the Argus company (Karlsruhe, Germany) under the supervision of Dr. Herman Klaue. No prototypes were manufactured. Used in World of Tanks training rooms to troll the "Maus".

Overview

The E-25 is a Tank Destroyer (TD) that can fit many variations of scout and sniper roles. With a top speed of  65km/h that is easily reached, this little TD is more than capable of getting to a scouting spot or a great forward sniping spot where you can pressure the enemy while they are still arriving. Sure, the gun's stats aren't great, but do the math and see that RoF... well. Like Jingles once stated, "German tanks are known for their RoF, the damage per shot is nothing compared to other tanks but it's Damage per Minute is usually the best in its tier." While this may look like an ELC AMX with a pew pew gun (and is actually a decent comparison), its armor is terrible - but with it's angling, you can bounce a shot off tier 7 heavies if your lucky (think Hetzer pre-nerf sloped front). With your speed and camo rating your main defence, you can use your low height to side-hug tanks since their elevation is likely to be unable to hit you.

Cost

While this does cost 6700 gold, which is more on the expensive side of things, I believe that this tank is worth it.

Pros

- Amazing speed and mobility
- Very low silhouette, only slightly bigger than the ELC AMX
- Insane RoF - a round every 3 seconds
- Excellent camo rating
- Can scout (if needed)
- Outstanding accuracy (0.3m), far superior to the regular 7,5 cm StuK 42 L/70

- Great hull traverse (44d/s)
- Can be played as a ghost recon sniper
- Very useful for quick support
- Premium Matchmaking, max tier it can see is tier VIII (Eight)
- Catastrophic damage per minute
- Annoyingly well-sloped mantlet can bounce the occasional shell

Cons

- Virtually no armor except for the mantlet which might bounce a shell occasionally.

- Crew dangerously exposed to fire, especially the driver

- Low alpha of 169 damage and 150 penetration for it's tier.

Equipment setups

Camping Sniper N00b

This setup will let you stay at the back of the group, supporting your allies, but trusting your base camo values to substitute your camo net for a gun laying drive.

- Binocular Telescope

- Gun Laying Drive

Assault/Flanker

Use this to circle tanks and get around to pressure the enemy and get those flank/rear shots in. Also used for arty hunting. Recommended for medium tank drivers.

- Coated Optics

Ghost Recon Sniper

Used to sit at the back in a bush and rain down support fire from a bush. Recommended for artillery players and camping tank destroyer players.

- Camo Net

- Binocular Telescope/Coated Optics (Depends on your playstyle, if you camp often go for binocs, if your more aggressive use optics)

Kamikaze Suiscout

Use this if your really n00b and don't know how to use scouts. Recommended for pubbies. Ooooh, those pubbies (Like me :3 ).

- Medium Spall Liner (At top speed, you can ram kill some lighter tanks and scouts)

- Coated Optics

- Enhanced Belleville Washers/Gun Rammer (If you can't handle the speed and constantly drop from hills and ridges, use the washers)

Passive INVISI-HAX Scout/Sniper

Use this setup to sit in a bush and abuse your low-caliber gun, camo values and spotting range with this. Recommended for passive scout tank users.

- Camo Net

- Binocular Telescope

- Gun Rammer/Vents (Do you want better RoF or better camo value?)

Hit 'n' Run Tank Hugger

Use this setup to get in close to enemy tanks and use your low height to hug tanks (we've all been the victim of this - either by an ELC or E25)

- Medium Spall Liner

- Coated Optics

- Medium Caliber Gun Rammer

The E-25 is a great little tank with a high camo rating, simillar to the ELC. With not much armor for the crew, Jack of all Trades is a viable option over Recon/Situational Awareness. Repairs aren't recommended as any player that has used the ELC AMX before knows that once your tracked, game over. You need Sixth Sense and a full camo crew as having these will almost double your survivability chance.

Overall

Overall, I would give this tank a 7/10. When used correctly, this can and will turn the tides of any battle. Really awesome fun to play (used in CT and got advice from others) and great fun in a platoon.

Final shout-out to Elite911 and karl0ssus1 for being great mates in torturing me when I won AVANT_Freshmeat's 1250 gold draw, but my internet cut out so he re-drew it. Also a shoutout to AVANT_Freshmeat for his awesome streams! Everyone should check out his twitch channel to hear how WG SEA mods sing see Freshmeats elite tanking skillz!

Edit Log:

30/05/2014 10:32PM - Adjusted "Pros" section regarding matchmaking

31/05/2014 11:12AM - Added image to post

Edited by LegendarySpecies, 31 May 2014 - 09:12 AM.

marshal12 #20 Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

Private

• 1961 battles
  • [HOD] HOD

hey! in my opinion e 25 best tire 7 td.it best depend on ur play type if u r  a attack type tanker than this td is best tire 7 td.

now comes the features,

its hp 830

speed 60

and most imp thing reaload is 2.6 sec

and pen is 150 with normal ie ap

and 194 with apcr

I recommend using camoflauge net and a binocular and a med gun linear for fast reload, or u can buy an inprove ventilation

the most importank think don't use it like a td use it like a light tank and troll the hts u can use this for scouting

and the skills my opinion sixth sense ,and smooth driving, accurate firing and adrelelin rush for faster reload at 10% of ur hp and last but not least this tank is a td of low armor so u should use its benefit of speed and ur thin tank most of hts don't have good gun elevation so they cant fire at u when u r to close to them like the tiger 1 and etc.....

by the way in my experience the most dangerous enemy of this tank is the enemy light tank so be ware of lts

Edited by marshal12, 30 May 2014 - 07:45 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users