• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

growler1999 #41 Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

Private

• 15210 battles
  • [DDS] DDS

E-25  is a very nc teir 7 TD

PROS

its an agile trank its fast mobile at it reloads fast it can kill a lot of tank in just a minute it is hard to detect and its smal has a fast traverse speed nc accuracy and its a tank that gives u a nice matchmaking so when u buy a td i choos E-25 it has a nice MM all the time it only reach until teir 8 its a very nice tank to use for farming and its a very nice tank to play its a very fun tank :) and if u got shot by E-25 its hard to etect so u can shoot ur enmy a lot of times before u got detected 

CONS

it has low dmg and it can easily get destroyed when you use HE and it has low health its not good for front to front battle because of its lack in armor its has a fast loading speed speed but whats the use of it when u onl;y got 60 shells 

CREW SKILLS AND EQUIPMENT

i prefer using the six sence and the snap shot and the  dead eye so u will know when i get spotted and u can shot while driving and u wil be hard to kill and the binoculars the the camo and the caliber so if u do that it will be a very deadly tank hahaha

ITS A VERY FUN TANK TO USE ITS VERY DEADLY HAHAHAAHA ITS HARD TO HIT AND ITS FAST MOVING VERY HARD TO HIT HAHAHAH :p

PS:im a filipino :)

DanLBob #42 Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 26375 battles

So have you ever wondered what would happen if you let on of these studly gentlemen

Spoiler

out to have its way with a sexy minx like this

Spoiler

No? Just me then? Okay well moving right along then. IF you did wonder that then here is the answer

This little beast will outrun all but the speediest light tanks and will traverse quicker than most heavy tanks can turn their turrets. Throw in a laser accurate 75mm gun that spits death quicker than some autoloaders and special MM that limits this T7 TD to T8 or lower battles and you have one of the most enjoyable ways to grind credits yet devised by WG. Its profile is only a little higher than the ELC and so this is one sneaky little TD. It can get into position fast and spot the enemy and later when the time comes for it to join the shooting watch the enemy panic as their HP melts away. Maximize this vehicles strengths by equipping it with a gun rammer, cam net and optics or binoculars and be sure to train your crew with camo and repairs and make sure your commander has 6th sense. Of course you should really be using this vehicle to train crews for your regular TD's but the same should apply anyway.

Oh course no design is perfect and so there are a few  limitations to be mindful of when using your shiny new speed demon. It is a fixed gun design so you do need to move the whole vehicle to track crossing targets. This breaks your camo and causing aiming bloom so pick your spots carefully. Your armour is also fairly light, well the only time you ever saw a Maus doing 60+ kph was straight down off the Westfield bridge after all. It is well sloped though and while you don't have a huge amount of gun depression use what you have to maximize the angle and get some unexpected bounces. Also be mindful that while have an excellent gun it does suffer in the alpha stakes. Choose your targets, spot first and let your team damage them first then help to finish them off quickly before they can hurt you. Try to take on T7 an T8 heavies alone and you will suffer damage.

Check out the Wot Wiki http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/E-25 for more info on the E-25 and while you are there brush up on some of the other helpful tips and tricks that can help you be all you can be for your next team.

A thought in closing kiddies, while you may never have the cash to afford one of these

with the E-25 you can feel like you have one just by saving up your pocket money for a couple of weeks and it can do this

DanJar

Edited by DanLBob, 01 June 2014 - 06:07 PM.

_KayGeraint_ #43 Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 62293 battles
  • [N_P_C] N_P_C

Pros

Fast and mobile, easy to relocate and help out/run awayyyyyy or scout if needed, due to other following qualities

High ROF and DPM

Low profile, easy for enemy to miss you

Excellent camo rating

Superb accuracy, rarely misses weakspot even at range, good sniper and rarely gets spotted because of its camo rating.

Special MM (tier VIII max)

Trollish gun mantlet

Cons

Low hp for t7, even for td

Low average damage per shot and low penetration even with gold rounds

Lightweight and no armour, can easily get rammed to death, and HE shots will pen most of the time, wrecking modules. Crew members die easily and most frequently is the driver, due to him being located at the front near the gun, which in a fast and mobile tank is incredibly painful :/

• Equipment recommendations

Personal loadout: Improved Ventilations Class 2,  Medium-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer, Coated Optics

vents and rammer to maximise dpm and rof, optics over bino or camo net because e-25 is meant to move around as much as needed to use its theoretical dpm and put it to use.

Conventional Sniper role: Rammer, Vents, Bino

Spotter: Rammer, Bino, Camo net

Crew skill Recommendations

Sixth sense, full camo, deadeye,  recon, situational awareness, off road driving, clutch braking, safe stowage

this set will push the e-25 to its best and bia is recommended when you get more than 3 skills

Gameplay Tips

e-25 works best unseen, as a support sniper, with its high rof and dpm it pins enemy and often does critical damage.

However, when enemy are engaged, it can do CQB (close quarters battle) and use its dpm to quickly kill enemies from the rear by flanking around using its mobility.

High camo value means you can hide in bushes and shoot out of them, while 15m away of course.

While it has no armour, its speed means it can scout when needed to, and is highly versatile.

dpm means it will print credits, while being fun too, and is worth every cent (or gold :P) paid for it.

Get one now, and prepare to be amazed by the sheer joy of driving one!

Obj 260 Get! 298/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,73 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

Elphaba #44 Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View PostPrincessShirahoshi, on 31 May 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

Hello can i ask? Can I make a Video review? Instead of typing it? because I find it easier to review using Video?

Sure! :smile:

View PostHemanathanRX7, on 31 May 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

wow just copy paste from wiki?

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/E-25

The E-25 is a German tier 7 premium tank destroyer.

The development of the E-25 was part of the "E" program under the supervision of the Committee Waffenprüfamt 6. The E-25 was developed by the Argus factories (Karlsruhe, Germany) under the leadership of Dr. Herman Klaue. There are no prototypes produced.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • Amazing speed and mobility
  • Very low silhouette, only slightly bigger than the ELC AMX
  • Insane RoF - a round every 3 seconds
  • Excellent camo rating
  • Can scout (if needed)
  • Outstanding accuracy, far superior to the regular 7,5 cm StuK 42 L/70
  • Can be played as a ghost recon sniper
  • Very useful for quick support
  • Special MM, encounters tanks only up to tier VIII
  • Catastrophic damage per minute
  • Annoyingly well-sloped mantlet can bounce the occasional shell

Cons:
  • Low armor
  • Low Alpha damage and poor penetration for its tier
  • Crew members get knocked out fairly easily, and the driver is located at the front plate near the gun
  • Small ammo capacity for its RoF
  • Low maximum damage (169) compared to other tier 7 vehicles

You can use the wiki as reference, but copying the text from it is not okay. The whole point of this is for us to know what you personally think of the featured tank.

VivyLaVida #45 Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

Corporal

• 7806 battles
  • [OWL] OWL

As Per Title : Premium Tank Review "E-25"

Below is my entry! :)

Check out my E25 replay below to see how exciting this tank is..

Thanks.

Have a Nice day.

Truthfully,

ShirahoshiHime

LegendarySpecies #46 Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Captain

• 16214 battles

View PostPrincessShirahoshi, on 02 June 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

As Per Title : Premium Tank Review "E-25"

Below is my entry! :)

Check out my E25 replay below to see how exciting this tank is..

Thanks.

Have a Nice day.

Truthfully,

ShirahoshiHime

No writing? :P Nice replays tho XD

mylove14 #47 Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16518 battles

-E-25-

E-25 II TIER 7 GERMAN PREMIUM TANK DESTROYER

The E-25 Tank Destroyer is a German premium tank, introduced in the patch 8.6.If you enjoyed the Stug III with the 7.5cm gun,then you will love this tank.So, lets have a look at it in more depth, and decide if this is a tank for you.

-E-25 OVERVIEW-
This premium tank is one of the most fun tanks to play in the game,it has premium tank match making, meaning that you will only ever receive T8 tank.This tank is designed to be used in a supporting role,using the guns accuracy,camouflage,and speed,to relocate around the map and provide suppression fire.Using this tank right can net 2k+average damage per battle.

-E-25 IMPORTANT VALUES-
Cost: 6.700 GOLD(+800 for 100% Crew if you have no German TD Crew
CREW: Commander (Radio),Gunner,Loader,Driver
CAMO VALUE: 25.4% Stationary/15.1% Moving/9.1% Firing

-E-25 THE GUN-

The gun on the E-25 is the game gun that is on the T5 Stug III, but with a higher rate of fire, this makes it a bit difficult firing standard ammo in T8 matches, at T7 it is okay though. The gun has a RoF of 20 round per min, and an accuracy of 0.3m at 100m. Used correctly, this tank shouldn’t miss many shots, even at huge distance. The main problem is the penetration, I recommend a 50/50 split of standard and premium ammo. Use standard against weak tanks and premium against T8′s and the tough T7′s.

-E-25 Equipment & Comsumables-

Above in green, is the equipment that I recommend for people playing in a suppression way, sitting back, using camo to keep invisible and providing constant fire into the enemy. If you prefer to play more aggressively then dropping the ventilation or rammer for one of the equipment in orange is an option. People who prefer to play the tank like an ELC AMX, will perhaps prefer the GLD or Coated Optics rather then the vents or rammer.

Above in the green, is the standard equipment to take on most tanks, and that includes the E-25, especially if you want to make credits with the tank. If you are only interested in playing the tank to the best of its ability, and not for the credits then taking the orange consumables is the best option, the reduced risk of fire, the decrease in repair time or using the chocolate for that added 10%. I wouldn’t recommend taking the red consumables, they just aren’t worth it, the E-25 already has great traverse speed and amazing HP/Ton ratio. It will be useless compared to other options.

-E-25 CREW PERKS-

The perks are what make this tank awesome, first and most important is the camouflage & sixth sense combination, it is needed to get the most from this tank. After that its a personal preference, I use repairs as second because getting tracked is always bad for a TD. Above is what I recommend for a suppression set-up. It allowed the best all round engaging. If you are a expert TD player, and know how to use the camouflage perfectly, with the 15m behind bushes rules so that you wont get spotted, then dropping the repairs for the extra camouflage on the commander is a good idea. For the 3rd set on the commander I like Eagle Eye, because knowing if an opponent has a weak track, or damage modules will help the E-25 a lot.

-E-25 MEDIA AND REPLAYS-

(Both the Game #1 & Game #2 replays are mine under an old name

Game #1 – El Halluf – 4.7k xp | 4k Damage | 120k Credits

Game #2 – Steppes – 2k xp | 5k Damage | 100k Credits

E-25 Test Server Battle on YouTube

-E-25 CONCLUSION-

After all of the above, here is the conclusion;

• Use your camouflage, study how to engage properly using cover.
  • Use your RoF, make sure you hit as many times as you can.
  • Carry premium ammo, you will need it for T8 tanks.
  • Relocate, your fast, really fast, don’t get caught out.
  • Engage wisely, sometimes its best not to shoot, let them past, and engage from behind.

Edited by Elphaba, 03 June 2014 - 12:10 PM.
Changed red text to orange. :)

Flavoured_Snacks #48 Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

Corporal

• 24661 battles
  • [PRAVD] PRAVD

View Postmylove14, on 02 June 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

-E-25-

E-25 II TIER 7 GERMAN PREMIUM TANK DESTROYER

The E-25 Tank Destroyer is a German premium tank, introduced in the patch 8.6.If you enjoyed the Stug III with the 7.5cm gun,then you will love this tank.So, lets have a look at it in more depth, and decide if this is a tank for you.

-E-25 OVERVIEW-
This premium tank is one of the most fun tanks to play in the game,it has premium tank match making, meaning that you will only ever receive T8 tank.This tank is designed to be used in a supporting role,using the guns accuracy,camouflage,and speed,to relocate around the map and provide suppression fire.Using this tank right can net 2k+average damage per battle.

-E-25 IMPORTANT VALUES-
Cost: 6.700 GOLD(+800 for 100% Crew if you have no German TD Crew
CREW: Commander (Radio),Gunner,Loader,Driver
CAMO VALUE: 25.4% Stationary/15.1% Moving/9.1% Firing

-E-25 THE GUN-

The gun on the E-25 is the game gun that is on the T5 Stug III, but with a higher rate of fire, this makes it a bit difficult firing standard ammo in T8 matches, at T7 it is okay though. The gun has a RoF of 20 round per min, and an accuracy of 0.3m at 100m. Used correctly, this tank shouldn’t miss many shots, even at huge distance. The main problem is the penetration, I recommend a 50/50 split of standard and premium ammo. Use standard against weak tanks and premium against T8′s and the tough T7′s.

-E-25 Equipment & Comsumables-

Above in green, is the equipment that I recommend for people playing in a suppression way, sitting back, using camo to keep invisible and providing constant fire into the enemy. If you prefer to play more aggressively then dropping the ventilation or rammer for one of the equipment in orange is an option. People who prefer to play the tank like an ELC AMX, will perhaps prefer the GLD or Coated Optics rather then the vents or rammer.

Above in the green, is the standard equipment to take on most tanks, and that includes the E-25, especially if you want to make credits with the tank. If you are only interested in playing the tank to the best of its ability, and not for the credits then taking the orange consumables is the best option, the reduced risk of fire, the decrease in repair time or using the chocolate for that added 10%. I wouldn’t recommend taking the red consumables, they just aren’t worth it, the E-25 already has great traverse speed and amazing HP/Ton ratio. It will be useless compared to other options.

-E-25 CREW PERKS-

The perks are what make this tank awesome, first and most important is the camouflage & sixth sense combination, it is needed to get the most from this tank. After that its a personal preference, I use repairs as second because getting tracked is always bad for a TD. Above is what I recommend for a suppression set-up. It allowed the best all round engaging. If you are a expert TD player, and know how to use the camouflage perfectly, with the 15m behind bushes rules so that you wont get spotted, then dropping the repairs for the extra camouflage on the commander is a good idea. For the 3rd set on the commander I like Eagle Eye, because knowing if an opponent has a weak track, or damage modules will help the E-25 a lot.

-E-25 MEDIA AND REPLAYS-

(Both the Game #1 & Game #2 replays are mine under an old name

Game #1 – El Halluf – 4.7k xp | 4k Damage | 120k Credits

Game #2 – Steppes – 2k xp | 5k Damage | 100k Credits

E-25 Test Server Battle on YouTube

-E-25 CONCLUSION-

After all of the above, here is the conclusion;

• Engage wisely, sometimes its best not to shoot, let them past, and engage from behind.

Red text allowed? Thought it was mods-only?

Edited by Elphaba, 03 June 2014 - 12:11 PM.
Changed red text to orange. :)

The stats of a 15~ fps player.

I now play with 40 - 60 FPS average.

HotFeet #49 Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 34791 battles
  • [LRDG] LRDG

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did doing it.

/

Edited by HotFeet, 03 June 2014 - 12:58 PM.

Elphaba #50 Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View PostFlavoured_Snacks, on 02 June 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Red text allowed? Thought it was mods-only?

Red text is for mods only. I changed the text to orange. No harm done. :smile:

LegendarySpecies #51 Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Captain

• 16214 battles

View PostHotFeet, on 03 June 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did doing it.

/

Nice one hotfeet :D The font is a little small, had to zoom into 150% :P But this one is one of the best so far, great work!

teuquy229 #52 Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

Corporal

• 12613 battles
  • [WFO] WFO

View PostElphaba, on 02 June 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

Sure! :smile:

You can use the wiki as reference, but copying the text from it is not okay. The whole point of this is for us to know what you personally think of the featured tank.

well
except that part, all below i made it by myself
btw, this is the first time (and the last time too) i participate in this event because this is my favorite premium tank. :D

TacticaL_Mech_Tank #53 Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:01 AM

SealClub Number 4

• 16411 battles
  • [GVN-P] GVN-P

E 25: TIER VII ELC AMX

THE WIND STALKER

When it comes to the E 25, the contest page suddenly got a lot more entries than usual :teethhappy:, of course, because this is the most popular and fun-to-play premium tank up to now (it shows up a lot in RNG). E 25 is fun because of its speed, size, and also, a special gun that you'll feel more fun than upset while using it. Here is a picture to sum up the main characteristics of this tiny panzer.

This is my review contents:

1. E 25's stats and improvement suggestions

a) E 25's information and stats

b) Necessary improvements (equipment and crew skill)

2. Tips and recommended play style

3. Conclusion

1. E 25's stats and improvement suggestions

a) E 25's information and stats

_ Stats (without load and crew skill)

Fire power: Another cannon machine-gun here

+ Penetration (150/194/38): Unquestionably low penetration compare to other same tier tank-destroyers (td). However, let's have a look at the enemy armor: tier VII and VIII tanks (your mm make you not to face tier IX) are not so strong in armor, and their side or rear is still penetrable (not like the tier IX, where some monster like ST-I will laugh at you with its side or rear show off).

+ Alpha damage (135): You'll need a lot of shots to deal some serious damage on the enemy. With high hp tanks like heavy tanks (ht) you'll find yourself exposed a lot to make them feel itchy :mellow:.

+ Average damage (2816): From this point, you'll see the true power of E 25. 2k8 is a very fearsome number because there's no equipment or crew skill yet, so you really need to careful when an E 25 aiming at you, get back to cover quickly if you don't want to be bleed till death :justwait:.

+ Accuracy (0.29): One of the most accurate gun of the game. E 25 can easily shoot at weak spots even from 300m+ distance. You may need to know that, the aiming spread is big while moving, but small while turning the gun. In order to make good use of this feature, try not to shoot while running around, find a good spot to stay and spray.

Mobility: As stated in the title, this tank is a tier VII ELC AMX

+ Acceleration: Feel like you're driving Lightning Mc Queen :trollface:. Don't hesitate to come all the way back to your base to reset the cap even when you're already at the enemy base. Your top speed is basically 60km/h, reached after about 8s (only 3s for 30km/h).

+ Maneuverability: Nothing can out turn this tank. 44 degree/s is the fastest traverse speed of your tier VII td fellows.

Survivability: As a very light td, don't expect much at this point

830hp, it's lower compare to the tier VII benchmark. You really survivability is your size and speed. I encounter E 25 a lot and usually get piss off because of the miss shots when trying to aim at it. Probably you can only hit an E 25 when he doesn't have Sixth Sense :trollface:.

Scout ability: You gain a very special bonus here

+ Camouflage: 40.6% while stationary, most target will need to get close to about 200m if they want to find you, and sometimes, you can still shoot them without being spotted at this range by using the camouflage (camo) net.

+ View range: 360m despite of the short height. This stats encourage the use of scope or optic for passive scout if you're happen to be at the bottom of the list.

+ Radio range: 710m, although it's only a tier VI module, one more stats which helps you a lot in scouting.

Farming ability: Very good, about 50k credit for a normal battle with 2k damage deal.

_ Armor layout:

I'll make it short for this part.

Frontal armor (50): Slope and come up to 70. This is nothing challenging for your enemy.

Side and rear armor (30/30): It's just there for you to build up the tank (you can't hold the structure with 0mm armor)

Upper armor (20): Arty lover :girl:

Gun mantlet: All your magic lies here. E 25 still have something to be proud of in the armor.

_Summary: This is my summary about E 25 main features

+ Pros: - Penetration is acceptable against same tier tanks, for strong armor one, gold shells can solve the problem.

- Catastrophic rate of fire and accuracy, result in an unbelievable average damage

- Lt mobility (the best one)

- Excellent view range, camo value and signal range

- Magical gun mantlet that can deflect even 122mm gun

- Preferential mm, help the gun to have better firepower against enemy

- Great profit making

+ Cons: - Poor penetration against tier VIII tank

- Very 'cute' alpha damage

- Useless armor, very prone to crew lost (driver for most cases)

- Low ammunition for a very fast firing gun

b) Necessary improvements

_ Equipment: E 25 is best use to be a ghost sniper or sometimes, a passive/active scout. So here are some suggestions for the equipment.

Stationary sniper/Scout: Medium-caliber Tank Gun Rammer, Camouflage Net, Binocular Telescopes

Ghost sniper/Flanker: Medium-caliber Tank Gun Rammer, Improved Ventilation, Coated Optics or Camouflage Net or Binocular Telescopes

_ Crew skill: The crew skill can max out your strength by using the recommended crew training below

+ Commander (Radio operator):        Sixth Sense,   Camouflage,            Eagle Eye,                   Brothers in Arms

+ Gunner:                                           Camouflage,    Deadeye,                Designated Target,    Brothers in Arms

+ Driver:                                             Camouflage,    Smooth Ride,         Clutch Braking,           Brothers in Arms

+ Loader:                                           Camouflage,    Intuition,                 Brothers in Arms

With loader, there are not much useful skills of perks, so I let the fourth one blank, you can fill up whatever you want there. Intuition  also isn't helpful, but since you'll have to switch to gold shells a bit often, it could save your life someday.

Here are the stats after the improvement. Most of the stats have been boosted up a lot (indicated by a 2-striped-green triangle).

For basic sniper

For ghost sniper (scope)

For ghost sniper (camo net)

2. Tips and recommended play style

Tips:

+ The size is your armor: I'll seen a lot of situations, where a KV-1S bounce an E 25 just because it's too small that the gun mantlet cover lots of it frontal area. The small size also make it harder to get hit from long range, and that's why the distance is one of your best friend.

+ Great accuracy without full aiming: If it's necessary, just shoot before full aiming (usually because of a turn that make you aim slower than reload) even on a 300m+ far target. The accuracy is quite impressive, the shot usually hit the circle center.

+ Very amazing speed:

Recommended play style

There are 2 types of gameplay for you: be a sniper if you're top, and be a ghost sniper or scout it you meet so many tier VIII tanks (rarely happen)

Sniper: If a line is under attack, you can always come there (remember to call for some assistance) get behind a bush, wait after 3s and spray bullets on the enemy. You're facing with tier VII tanks and below now, so most cases, there's no trouble penetrating the enemy armor. Because of low alpha damage, always try to take care of low hp targets first. Your great camo will push the enemy back if they dare try to find you.

Ghost sniper: Your speed has its job to do here. A ghost sniper is like a sniper, but with more positioning and relocating skill. After fire a few, you need to get to another place so that the enemy may expose their weaknesses again to your new position. This is a medium tank (med) play style, so it's fun and very effective in most battles. However, it needs some experience and skill, so you may want to practice this tactic before getting into a real fight with E 25.

Getting the lost sheep is better than facing the rage coming to the flag (see the minimap)

In both tactics, with high hp targets, you should aim for their weak spot or track to disable their capability before coming to the damage business. If there are ally near by, it's much better that you leave the damage deal for them because your low ammunition will put you in arkward situations if you don't count your shots.

Besides, there always have a place for E 25 to be a scout. Passive scout is recommended, so you can use your super stationary camo value, plus the camo net and binocular scope.

3. Conclusion

Thanks for reading my review. I hope you guys can find more help from the detailed information above. E 25 is famous because it's fun and can capture the feeling when spamming bullets on the enemy. However, it's only that fun if you know how to create it.

Good luck, guys. See you on the battlefield.

Edited by TacticaL_Mech_Tank, 05 June 2014 - 10:30 AM.

iDie #54 Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

Corporal

• 11001 battles
  • [RAB] RAB

E-25, THE STEALTH ASSASSIN

Before i tell anything about this German tier 7 tank destroyer. First of all you should know that, unlike other tank destroyer. Entwicklung-25 can spot his enemies and kill them too, all by himself.

Overall it is a fast and agile tank, able to snipe a bit, but also able to get itself out of trouble quicker than almost any other tank in the game, if you prefer the subtle nuances of the hunt and ambush, then this TD would be just the right vehicle for you. To me, it is the best premium tank available, considering any and all aspects.

All information you need to know

MOBILITY

E-25 has an impressive 700hp engine while the tank itself only weighted 26.3t.  making it quite fast with incredible acceleration which will help it to reach positions quickly, as well as climb into some hard to reach locations only light tanks normally can reach. Its speed also allows it to flee and relocate swiftly, which is something you shouldn't think twice about when the situation calls for it. This speed and agility will give u advantage of playing like a turret-less medium tank. Along with speed, atrocious DPM helps flanking distracted enemies, hit their generally poor rear armor, cripple any tank within a minute.

SURVIVABILITY

As an E-25 driver, your primary survival kit should be its camo value and small size along with its low profile. NOT the armor and hit points. It really has a very high camo value. And the very low profile and small size make this a tough one to spot, even on the move, its a great flanker.

If u consider E-25's armor and hit points. On the paper, it scores low here. But the point is you shouldn't be taking hits in the first place. You should never depend on the armor. DO NOT try to hold a position by yourself. there is a chance you will win on a head to head situation, but a second tank will already be enough to have you killed. Though if you can Angle the armor and use the decent depression and terrain features to aid you, you'll bounce a lot of shots off the front plate. Think Hetzer prior to the nerf.

FIREPOWER

For the picture below, in the right it is showing the basic statistics of the gun from world of tanks game client. I've used it because they show stats considering 50% crew members. And to the left I've used a custom statistics considering 100% crew members. Of course in both cases no crew member perks or equipments were used.

This is where on paper many would look at the E-25 and maybe pass it up, but wait, look a little bit deeper. The E-25 is armed with L-70, 0.3 accuracy and 1.5 aim time turns the E-25 into basically a masked machine gun. However 150mm penetration at tier 7 will put you at a severe problem when bigger tanks arrive. Even with gold rounds, frontal penetrations are not easy. Of course you can and should too, simply flank the enemy and blast away with your 2700 DPM. Though you can't do it at bottlenecks and choke points. But luckily, the insane accuracy should allow you to hit at weak-points, when you are in this kind of situation.

Though, 150 (190 if you are using gold) pen not a lot for a T7 and 8 and a bit hard to work with when you lack a turret.

Here's the tanks you should watch out for and some help on where to shoot them while playing this little beast

• IS-3 - shooting from behind is the best way, the sides are a crap shoot between the spaced armor the tracks and the actual armor, front NEVER!
  • T32/T29/T34- Lower plate. flank, Upper plate if on an extreme angle, Hull machine gun. Hull-down, JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
  • KT - Flank and spank, cupula if you have an elevation advantage
  • Type/T-44 very hard to engage as they can counter your flanking attempts gold prob the best choice (assuming it's a good player)
  • IS - Lower hull watch out for the angle of the turret side
  • Tiger P - Lower hull, flank it
  • Brit TD's- Flank or Cupula

COMPARISONS

Comparing E-25 with other Regular and Premium tier-7 Tank Destroyers.

Camo value comparison of tier 7 tank destroyers

Pros     Cons
  • Fastest tank of its tier
  • Low profile, almost same as ELC AMX
  • Insane Rate of Fire
  • Stealthiest tank destroyer of its tier
  • Can scout for himself by himself
  • Insane accuracy, possible to hit any visible weak-point of enemy tank
  • With the speed, can give a quick support almost anywhere
  • Gets special Match Making up to tier 8
  • Incredible DPM (UP TO 3000)
  • Well slopped front armor, specially mantlet can bounce occasionally
  • Cheap shell cost

• Has basically no armor specially on Top
  • Marginally low damage and penetration
  • Crew members injures a lot
  • Low ammo capacity
  • With low height, cant shoot over certain bumps which are hull down spots
  • Not possible to train all kinds of German TD crew since the tank has no radioman

Equipment recommendations

Since with E-25 you will have to give support as many places possible and relocate a lot. Personally i prefer equipments which can be active on the move. But is it possible to use camouflage net and binocular telescope on E-25 and play like regular tank destroyer, which i prefer not to.

Configuration A

Configuration B

Configuration C

Improved Vent. Class 2

Camouflage Net

Improved Vent. Class 2

Med Cal. Tank Gun Rammer

Binocular Telescope

Camouflage Net

Coated Optics

Med Cal. Tank Gun Rammer

Med Cal. Tank Gun

Rammer

Recommended Consumables

• ​Automatic Fire Extinguisher
  • Large or Small First Aid Kit
  • Large or Small Repair Kit.

Though you can stick with small first aid and repair kits. But if you can afford, you should get the large package. Since it will give you bonus resistance to damage modules and crew injuries.

Crew Skills and Perks Recommendation

As a tank destroyer, sixth sense and camouflages are must. But after them i prefer brother in arms since the tank can use improved ventilation

Skills 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
Commander [Radio Operator] Sixth Sense Brother in Arms Camouflage Situational Awareness Repairs
Gunner Camouflage Brother in Arms Snap Shot Repairs Deadeye
Driver Camouflage Brother in Arms Smooth Ride Repairs Clutch Braking
Loader Camouflage Brother in Arms Safe Stowage Repairs Adrenaline Rush

Improved Stats

When you are done with buying all the necessary equipment and training your crew, your E-25's stats basically will be like this.

NB: in both cases, crew members are trained with all the skills I've suggested on the table.

PLAYSTYLE

Playing as E-25

The E-25 is a very fun tank to play. That is, of course if you do not mind the lack of armor and the rather very low penetration and alpha. But the catch is, E-25 has a machine gun cannon. Spitting out shots every 2.5s - 3s at your foes.

Given the stats of this tank it can fill quite a few number of roles including but not limited to: passive scout (speed + camo + any sort of view range increaser) Sniper support although the low pen hinders this role knowledge of weak spots and gold rounds can help. Flanker probably the hardest role this tank can fulfill due to it's lack of a turret low HP and no armor relies on very good situational awareness to do this without ending up as nothing more then a burning wreck

While the penetration may be low for its tier, you should have knowledge of enemy weak-spots such as the Copulas and the Lower Glasis plates and even the Machine Gun ports or ever better, side and rear shots. The E-25 may not be able to take out Tier 8s frontally, but it has the speed to either get to a flanking position or run away if the situation is dire.

E-25 should be played as a very mobile sniper. Distance is your friend, not only because of your very poor armor, but also because you sport top accuracy, allowing you to hit weak-points even at distance.

In General, think E-25 as a support sniper. Most of times do not try to do the heavy work, but try to support other as much as you can. That's you role, that's your strong point. Take advantage of your mobility, get into good sniping positions, and fire away at what your team spots. Use your camouflage to hide when the enemies spot and focus on you. Help where assistance is needed, flee when the situation becomes dire. Try to always keep your distance from the enemy.

One gameplay video I've found on the YouTube i think you guys should watch.

After all of the above, always remember to;

Before you get this tank, I suggest you either play the StuG III or better yet, the Jagdpanzer IV as it plays quite similar to these 2 TDs. However do note that unlike the StuG, which has decent armor for its tier, the E-25 is paper armor, every shot will be very likely to pen you. Therefore the key is to stay hidden and NOT be shot at. Utilize your high speed and excellent camo rating to get into bushes before the enemy has a chance to see you. Then once they are distracted, let loose of your insane rate of fire. Its rate of fire is like that of an auto-loader.

You also can be used as a simple scout. Its HP/Ton ratio of 26.5 allows you to be either a passive scout or an active scout if you must. And its low silhouette makes you hard to hit while you run around at 60+ km/h.

Playing Against E-25

Well, you gotta know your weakness as well. Otherwise how do you know what you have to protect in a bad situation.

Color Code of the given picture

Orange commander, gunner, loader
Red engine, fuel, transmission
Green vulnerable zones
White ammo rack
Blue driver

So, basically the weaknesses are

• Beside the picture showing weak-points. The ammo rack is also on the lower hull. You shoot the lower plate of that tank, you have a chance of hitting its ammo rack. As for drivers of E-25, keep that in mind while positioning your tank. To protect those weak-points.
  • Think of a cube, and you have 6 sides NOT 4. the E25 only has 25 mm armor on TOP. and that means if you are visible but behind shelter. Still there is a big chance that enemy artillery may one-shot you.

CONCLUSION

It's a hell of a fun tank to play. in my opinion every bit as fun as the Hellcat, if not more. [actually more]

In conclusion. If you like to be a TD with Scouting capabilities. Or the enjoy the thrill when you face-hug any Big Buy to find him unable to shoot you while you violate him. This is the tank for you.
It does not posses great armor or a high alpha gun nor does it mean you get to carry your teams. But if you treat this tank right and learn how to play it, it is VERY rewarding to play it.

Anyone with an extra 6700 gold laying around would love it, unless you are not capable of driving turret-less and practically a heavy/medium driver only and have that mindset.

Thanks for reading my review on E-25. I hope you enjoyed it.

resources: wiki.worldoftanks.com, youtube.com, wotinfo.net, smellyriver tank inspector, wotdb.info, tankopedia, and personal experience of some e-25 drivers including myself.

Edited by iDie, 05 June 2014 - 05:51 PM.

It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail.

Andi #55 Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16005 battles
  • [SIN] SIN

E-25: Die Spuckende Kakerlake

“The Spitting Cockroach”

Welcome to my review about the German tier 7 premium tank destroyer, a vehicle widely known amongst the World of Tanks community for its exceptional speed, stealth and fast-firing gun. Together with the T-25, this premium was the one I instantly fell in love with simply because of its amazing potential to do absolutely well in nearly any environment (and similarity to the ELC and Alecto). Part of the Entwicklung (development)- series, it was a late German World War II design of which not even a prototype was managed to be built. This review will cover the following aspects:

• Mobility
  • Firepower
  • Durability, Armor and Survivability
  • Gameplay
  • Equipment
  • Crew skills
  • Should I buy it?

*Note: When reading the review, keep in mind that the E-25 has special matchmaking and only sees up to tier 8 tanks unless in a platoon. 

Mobility

As stated before, mobility is really one of the things that make the E-25 stand out. It weighs 26.3 tons (slightly more if you add equipment), and is equipped with a 700 horsepower Maybach engine. Now, this gives it a power to weight ratio of 26.62 hp/ton. The power to weight ratio is essentially a vehicles acceleration and how quickly you can reach top speeds. 

To put this into perspective: A medium tank designed to excel in flanking maneuvers, relocating to give support on other areas to the map quickly and capture/reset the base (think T-44, Type 59, T-43) have on average around 16-19 hp/ton. A light tank designed to spot enemy tanks and be the “eyes and ears” of the team (for example the Luchs, T21 and 59-16) vary between 22-25 hp/ton. In my opinion, at least 21 hp/ton is required to be able to scout well while having a good chance of not getting hit (of course, other factors count toward this as well). Now, the E-25 has a stunning 26.62 hp/ton- while its not enough to join the “acceleration anomalies” of the ELC AMX, and the BT series (with almost 40 hp/ton), it does have at least one hp/ton more than the average dedicated scout tank. And keep in mind, this is classified as a tank destroyer and not a light tank. 

What does this mean? Well, it means that you’ll be able to outrun nearly every tank you meet in game. This allows you to arrive at strategic areas quicker than the enemy team, for example on the hills at Mines and Karelia. In addition, it means that you can basically run to any corner of the map in the shortest time to provide fire support or spots for your team. 

But acceleration, although the most important mobility statistic, is not all. The second most important stat is the traverse speed which will determine your agility (your ability to turn at high speeds without bleeding, well, speed). It doesn’t fail here- with a traverse rate of 44 degrees per second, which falls just several degrees short of most dedicated scout tanks. With this pretty damn good traverse speed, you can easily turn around sharp corners or weave around to avoid getting hit without bleeding much speed. Keep in mind, though, that at first when traveling at top speed (for example, downhill), the traverse will not keep up with your expectations. However, you’ll get used to it as time passes. 

And finally, to the last statistic: top speed. Here, it doesn’t fail you either- 65 kilometers per hour? Standard light tank top speed. And with the excellent acceleration and good traverse, you will easily find yourself traveling at 60km/h on hard terrain and around 45+km/h on soft terrain. What am I saying?

It is nearly the perfect scout (minus the lack of turret), and can certainly perform the roles of one with great chances of success.

But that’s not all...

Firepower

Lets take a look at the famous 75mm StuK 42 L/70, the main gun of the StuG III, the Panther-M10, VK 3002M and finally, the E-25. The stats vary slightly from tank to tank, and of all versions, it performs the best on the E-25.

• 150mm average penetration
  • 135 average damage
  • 20 rounds per minute
  • 0.3 meters dispersion at 100 meters (accuracy)
  • 1.5 seconds aiming time

The gun is an interesting combination of near-perfect gun handling, great damage-per-minute and “meh” armor penetration. 0.3m dispersion at 100m used to be the most accurate stat a gun could have in World of Tanks, but was bested with the introduction of the Waffenträger auf E-100’s 128mm autoloader with 0.29 meters dispersion at 100m. 0.3m dispersion means that at ranges of <500m, you still have a good chance of achieving a hit. In addition, you’re able to easily strike known weak spots of enemy tanks at ranges where other Russian, American and even German tank guns will fail. This is also helped by the 1.5 seconds of aiming time, essentially the time needed for the aiming recticle to completely minimize itself. If I remember correctly, 1.5 seconds IS the best aiming time a gun in WoT can have, ensuring that you can almost simply “point and click” without having to wait long for the circle to get smaller (an annoying trend with French guns). As you can see, gun handling is pretty damn excellent. 

The gun fires 20 rounds a minute (without additional equipment) which results in a reload time of 3 seconds. Coupled with an average damage of 135 hitpoints per shot, this results in an impressive 2700 damage per minute. So, if you’ve been thinking: “Mehhh... 135 alpha on a tier 7? Isn’t that pretty crap?” forget it... (with additional equipment) you can basically fire as fast as the AMX 13’s 75mm, with the same average alpha damage but WITHOUT the long reload time and the crappy, crappy gun handling. 

Now, for the last little stat: 150mm of average armor penetration. Many list this as a “con” for this tank, but I disagree. It will certainly be no problem against any tier 5-6 tank (But teh AT-2 an’ AT-8..?! If you aim carefully, you can still easily hit the commanders copula on top of the tank). At tier 7, most heavy tanks and tank destroyers will have weak spots for you to penetrate, which I’ll explain a little more under the “Gameplay” section. The only problem you’ll start facing is at tier 8, and then only when facing them frontally. I repeat: Only when facing them frontally. My point is that it is certainly hard for a slow-moving tank or tank destroyer with low penetration to deal with heavily armored, higher tiered tanks. But that is because they will often find themselves engaging these type of tanks frontally, as they do not have the mobility to get around the flanks to pull off some shots. The E-25, as said before, has excellent mobility and the penetration “problem” will only occur if you sit still and pay no regard to the minimap (again, I’ll highlight this later on in the “Gameplay” section. 150mm penetration will easily penetrate the sides and rear of any tank it encounters. 

Of course, there will be those certain situations where flanking opportunities aren’t present, or when there is no where to run away to (make sure this never, ever, happens). For those cases, I do suggest loading no more than 15 gold ammunition (armor piercing composite-rigid shells). Only use them in emergency situations, as they are very expensive and will negate your net profit if used too much. Don’t bother loading high-explosive (HE) shells- it is useless at this tier. 

Durability, Armor and Survivability

I’ll keep this short, as there really isn’t much to say about the E-25’s armor. Basically, every lightning-quick tank hardly has any effective armor and the E-25 is no exception. The front armor is 50mm thick and pretty well sloped; however, unless you angle it well, don’t expect anything to bounce off. You might get an occasional bounce from a lucky hit to your gun mantle, but never ever rely on it. 

As for the side and rear, armor is virtually nonexistent. 30mm with a slight angle, just... nah. Anything that hits you in the side will easily punch through. The E-25 relies on its mobility and camouflage to survive. Top armor is also practically an extremely thin sheet of metal, and a direct (or splash, for that matter) by artillery will either severely cripple or outright destroy it.

Health-wise, it has a meagre amount of 830 hit points, even less than certain tier 6 heavies and amongst the lowest of tier 7 tank destroyers. So- please, please don’t go trading hit points. You’d escape a lot of punishment by simply using that light tank mobility. Your teammates are there to take the hits for you. 

Camouflage. This, along with mobility, will keep you alive. You’ve almost certainly seen just how small its silhouette is- it is about as short as the ELC AMX. This gives it excellent camouflage values and the ability to simply stay hidden while you fire away from behind a bush, even when entering well into an enemy tanks view range. In addition with a Camo net and crew skills, this thing can be almost invisible. 

Gameplay

It is very similar to the Alecto, the tier 4 British tank destroyer and shares similar tactics with the ELC AMX, the French tier 5 light tank, with the ability (IMO) to do much more than both of them in their respective tiers. 

At all times when spotted, ensure that you are ON THE MOVE or in cover- don’t sit out in the open and allow yourself to get demolished. In addition, always have an escape route prepared before you run anywhere. Trust me, if you’re on the run and have no more or less fixed plan how to get to safety, you will end up making stupid decisions which will cost you your tank (happened to me many, many times before... learn from my mistakes). Remember: You stay alive by not getting hit.

In the early stages of the battle, the E-25 can perform the following roles: Cautious active scouting, passive scouting, scout destroyer or “secure-strategic-locations-vehicle”. 

While it does have mobility akin to true light tanks, you do run a high risk of getting killed or crippled when active scouting (running around the middle of the map, trying to spot enemy tanks). This is why only do this cautiously as your gun is far more useful than the average scout tanks’ gun. A more suitable option for the beginning of the battle is passive scouting, which is basically sitting in a bush while spotting enemy tanks. Again, map knowledge is most important for this tactic. While there are certain “sweet spots” for passive scouting (e.g. the middle passage of Lakeville, the bushes along the 1-line on Prokhorovka), most are there for you to find. Essentially, picture the routes that enemy tanks might take, find a position that overlooks that area and is within around half a maps distance, find a bush in that area and park your tank there. At 360 meters of view range, it certainly isn’t the best; but when equipped with Binoculars (a piece of equipment), you can see almost as far as half of the whole map. 

In addition to these, keep an eye on the minimap- if you spot a rogue scout running through your teams’ lines, chase it down and destroy it before it gets to pick off your artillery. Just DONT GET DETRACKED- the small gun arc coupled with the lack of a turret will make you helpless against enemy vehicles when tracked. As the saying goes- a tracked E-25 is a dead E-25. Save your repair kits for those cases. 

Furthermore, it is perfect in making a run for strategic locations- not only because of its speed, but also as a result of its fast-firing gun which can shred light and low-tier medium tanks (competitors for those locations) to pieces. Give your team an advantage by racing and securing the hills on Mines or Karelia, or even the mountain on Cliff if you know how to get up there safely and quickly. 

After the initial stages of the battle, it really comes down to your situational awareness. The E-25 can perform many roles- active scout, passive scout, sniper, support tank or in some cases, flanker. Try and keep your distance, and try and stay invisible. A good technique to use is to, when playing as a sniper or medium-range support tank, park more than 15 meters behind a bush. This will increase your chance of staying unspotted. 

Keep in mind that the gun arc is extremely limited and comparable to artillery pieces. It can only traverse 12 degrees to either side, which means that every time you do move the gun a bit, the aiming circle will bloom as the tank moves. Some players find this rather uncomfortable, but eventually one gets used to it. 

Also, it is important to know what the 75mm gun can penetrate and what it can’t. This comes with experience and you’ll generally figure out what you can reliable penetrate frontally and what its useless against. On most tanks, known weak spots include the lower frontal glacis (the lower area of the frontal armor which is closest to the ground), the commanders copula (usually round objects which stick out of the top of a tanks turret) or any of the small but visible driver viewports/machine gun ports. All of these have either thinner armor than stated on paper which the 75mm L/70 with its accuracy can easily take advantage of. In addition, remember that more sloping= higher chance of a ricochet (bounce). 

However, there will be tanks that will be near impossible to penetrate frontally with armor piercing shells, most notably the KV-4. If this happens, and you do have allies/artillery with the ability to hit it, blast its tracks off. If you’re sitting all alone, well, blast its tracks off and run off; find another position where you can put shots into his flanks or rear. Don’t waste ammunition by firing at tanks which you know you cannot penetrate, for example a sidescraping Tiger or a hulldown T29/T34. 

Map awareness and knowledge is the key to victory. Knowing where the enemy will pass through and moving to a spot to counter that will give you a serious advantage. Keep in mind that you have the mobility and camo values to get to different areas of the map quicker than any other tank. Use this to your advantage. If you spot gaps in the enemy lines, and like taking risks (like me.. *cough*), go for it! Make a run for the artillery, take a few low tiers with you and generally stir up some chaos behind enemy lines. Keep in mind that this type of adventure is highly risky and the first few tries might get you killed (learn from your mistakes, though, and improve it on the next time you get such an opportunity). 

An interesting tactic for those who like trolling heavies is to literally get in their face by lining up your small cockroach alongside the side/rear of the enemy tank. Since its THAT small, many heavies will have trouble depressing the gun far enough to be able to hit it. If in doubt, keep moving the tank forwards and backwards, always in the opposite direction of the enemy tank gun, to increase the chance of a miss. The downside is that, with its limited gun arc, it cannot fire back. However, forcing the heavy to turn its turret to you will expose their weaker turret sides toward your teammates, who can pop out and happily dish out the damage. Note that this can only be done when the enemy tank is alone. 

Finally, platoons. They do help a lot, as you have one or two more players on your side that you can rely on. Bare in mind that if you platoon with other tier 7 vehicles, you risk the chance of ending up facing tier 9’s. For this reason, I highly suggest platooning with tier 6 tanks which can fare well against higher tiers, such as any artillery, a KV-1S or KV-2, tanks with guns that fare well and are serious threats even to enemy top tiers. Double, or even triple E-25‘s can be loads of fun in a little tank destroyer wolfpack. However, platooning isn’t absolutely necessary as the E-25 can function well on its own too; while it is, to some degree, dependent on the team, it is pretty capable of carrying a tier 7 or 8 battle. 

Equipment

Equipment is indeed vital for the E-25 to do exceptionally well on the battlefield; however, the combination is up to you to choose as different equipment will improve the tank destroyers performance in different ways. 

My recommendation is as follows: Firstly, a camo net, which will, in combination with the Camo skill on the crew, ensure that you will NOT get spotted unless a tank comes within 50 meters of you. It is pretty mandatory for any tank which stays alive by not getting spotted. Secondly, a “Medium-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer”, which drastically improves the 75mm L/70’s reload to French autoloader reload time (around 2.7s), increasing your damage per minute to around 2970. Finally, Binoculars, which will increase your view range to 450 meters, perfect for passive scouting and reaping XP and credits by simply sitting in a bush. 

Alternately, you can mount “Ventilations” instead of either the Camo net or Binoculars which will give a 5% all-round boost to the tanks performance including rate of fire, and camouflage ratings. If you prefer active scouting or “reconnaissance in force”, replace Binoculars with Coated Optics, which will give you a 10% view range increase even while on the move (Binocs only work when stationary). 

For consumables, I’d go with the standard Small Repair Kit, Medic Kit, Fire extinguisher. If you can afford it, replace the repair kit with the “Large Repair Kit” which gives an extra boost to overall repair times, in addition to the ability to repair all damaged/destroyed modules at once. 

Crew Skills

For the crew skills, firstly train up all crew members for camouflage. Once it reaches 100%, drop it and replace it with the first set of perks and train the second set for full camouflage. I do not recommend using Repairs, as I feel that it wastes space which could be used for better perks and skills. After all, the E-25 survives by not getting hit and not getting seen. My recommendation is as follows, the skills/perks listed in order:

Commander: 6th Sense, Camo, Recon

6th Sense is THE most important perk this tank should have, as it lets you know when its time to run, back up into cover or start moving in a zig-zag fashion to increase the chance of enemy misses. After Camo, Recon helps to further increase your view range which will be further multiplied by binoculars (if you decide to equip it).

Gunner: Deadeye, Camo

Not a great range of choice here. For the first perk, take deadeye- your quick rate of fire ensures that this perk will have a good chance of damaging enemy modules, which will certainly work for your favor. After Camo, it really is your choice as the other options would not make a huge difference to the E-25’s performance.

Driver: Preventive Maintenance, Camo, Off-road Driving, Clutch Breaking

An interesting range of choice, here. Again, this is mainly up to you. I recommend preventive maintenance as the first perk, but this can be replaced by off-road driving if you feel that it isn’t necessary. While the E-25 isn’t as prone to engine fires as quite a number of German tanks, they do occur and they can be devastating- P. M. reduces the chance of a fire significantly. Off-road helps reduce terrain resistance, helping the E-25 maintain its mobility even on moderate to soft terrain. After that, it’s really up to you on what you think helps most. 

Loader: Safe Stowage, Camo, Adrenaline Rush

While the ammo rack does not get damaged that often, as with the engine, it does occur. Damage to the ammo rack will occur more often than you’d like, and from personal experience I’ve been ammo-racked in an E-25 while I’ve ammo-racked other E-25’s when playing against them. While it doesn’t occur as often, say, the T-44 or Leo PTA, you do want to reduce that chance by having Safe Stowage as first perk. After Camo, the loader really doesn’t have that much of a wide range of choices, and it boils down to what you want. I’d recommend Adrenaline Rush, as although on most occasions you won’t see it come into effect, the 10% rate of fire increase will provide a surprising boost when your tank is close to death. 

Should I buy it?

Played the Alecto/ ELC AMX, and enjoyed their play styles? Able to cope with vehicles with paper-thin armor? Trying to ascend the German tank-destroyer lines? Love seeing shots kick dust around you as you race through enemy lines? Have a good idea of roughly how this tank functions after reading this review? 

If so, get it by all means. It is incredibly fun- many others would agree- and is really one-of-a-kind on its tier level with its combination of speed and firepower. However, I wouldn’t recommend it to newbies, or players who haven’t had much experience at tier 7 yet, as the so-called “low-penetration” can become very hard to cope with. It makes credits reasonably well and you can expect a net profit of 20k-30k credits on the average “good” game. Remember: Situational Awareness is the key to victory. 

I hope you've enjoyed reading this wall of text as much as I enjoyed writing it; in addition, I do hope you've learned something useful. As always, good luck and Happy Hunting!

Edited by Andi, 05 June 2014 - 08:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users