ASAP #21: Update 9.1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

ContentWG #1 Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Time for another sneak peek with the ASAP video series! This time, we're showing you what's planned for Update 9.1. Check it out!

Full news text

HERMITech #2 Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 24711 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
What I'd really like to see changed is the visibility area of waiting rooms in training battles and in clan wars.
Commanders can't see what they have to pick from without going to a lot of effort (even if voice comm's are being utilised).

Haven't met or spoken to anyone who hasn't agreed this would be a good thing and I talk to a lot of people.

Elphaba #3 Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View PostHERMItech, on 29 May 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

What I'd really like to see changed is the visibility area of waiting rooms in training battles and in clan wars.
Commanders can't see what they have to pick from without going to a lot of effort (even if voice comm's are being utilised).

Haven't met or spoken to anyone who hasn't agreed this would be a good thing and I talk to a lot of people.

Any specific suggestions on how this cane be improved? Would be a lot of help when presenting the suggestion to the developers.

wasaabi #4 Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23577 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostElphaba, on 29 May 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

Any specific suggestions on how this cane be improved? Would be a lot of help when presenting the suggestion to the developers.

It needs to be redesigned using smaller fonts (but in higher resolution for clarity) to enable the following:

• The whole selected team to be visible all the time, with the ability to sort by tank type
  • At least 30 names to be visible from the ones in line to be selected, with the ability to sort by tank type and time of arrival in queue
  • People in queue should be able to select a new tank without going back to the garage (similar to the tank battles method).
  • A text panel where the commander can put up a list of tanks needed to avoid having to repeat for new people coming in

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

karl0ssus1 #5 Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Major

• 25141 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostElphaba, on 29 May 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Id like to have a large version of the minimap available as well, so players can get some idea of the game plan without having to alt tab out to a 3rd party app like maptactic. Ideally, youd actually have some sort of maptactic type display built in, with game planning functionality. 

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

Elphaba #6 Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 995 battles

View Postwasaabi, on 29 May 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

It needs to be redesigned using smaller fonts (but in higher resolution for clarity) to enable the following:

• The whole selected team to be visible all the time, with the ability to sort by tank type
  • At least 30 names to be visible from the ones in line to be selected, with the ability to sort by tank type and time of arrival in queue
  • People in queue should be able to select a new tank without going back to the garage (similar to the tank battles method).
  • A text panel where the commander can put up a list of tanks needed to avoid having to repeat for new people coming in

Good points and sound suggestions. Thanks!

View Postkarl0ssus1, on 29 May 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

Id like to have a large version of the minimap available as well, so players can get some idea of the game plan without having to alt tab out to a 3rd party app like maptactic. Ideally, youd actually have some sort of maptactic type display built in, with game planning functionality. 

It's actually possible to enlarge/minimize the minimap using the = or - keys, not sure if that's one of the things you're looking for. Having a tactical map sounds interesting though.

karl0ssus1 #7 Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Major

• 25141 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostElphaba, on 29 May 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

It's actually possible to enlarge/minimize the minimap using the = or - keys, not sure if that's one of the things you're looking for. Having a tactical map sounds interesting though.

Thats just stuff Id like added to the CW special battles UI, as an addendum to hermitechs point.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

LegendarySpecies #8 Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Captain

• 18678 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I would like to see some modification to the clan wars screen, which I think is what karl was referring to. When you clan gets into the pre-15 min wait clan war screen, would it be possible for the Field/Dep Commander and Commander to be able to have tanks moving around and a large map in the waiting room, like seen in the video here:

(Not my video, just found it on YouTube)

You can see the site here:
http://scrum.maptactic.com/

Its a useful resource that clan war serious clans use for strategies before the clan war starts, instead of a rush of orders to the members when they see the map like on team battles.

Edited by LegendarySpecies, 29 May 2014 - 02:18 PM.

HERMITech #9 Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 24711 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostElphaba, on 29 May 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

Nice to see others chiming in on this as well.
I'll do up some mock screenshots later to illustrate just what I mean.

karl0ssus1 #10 Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

Major

• 25141 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHERMItech, on 29 May 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

Nice to see others chiming in on this as well.
I'll do up some mock screenshots later to illustrate just what I mean.

Good of you, a lot of the UIs in this game are kinda bad, 

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

TheLastDingo #11 Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 36589 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-
I won't be happy until there are the maps - Winter Himmelsdorf on Fire and Ruinberg on Fire in Winter

Hitting like a hammer, she's a juvenile scam, never was a quitter, tasty like a raindrop, she's got the Luchs.

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble.

Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users