limit premium ammunition

premium ammo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

Twisted_Metal #21 Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 13672 battles

I think limiting the amount of gold rounds is a great idea.

Limit the amount of gold shells to 50% of the tanks holding capacity. ie batchat holds 36 rounds so u can only bring 18 goldies.

(Bring on the FV driver tears).

I myself run 3-5 gold shells in all my tanks for those sticky situations.

Nothing worse than a player running all gold Zzzz

Retired - Blame the Tomatoes

Twisted_Metal #22 Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 13672 battles

View Postneokai, on 12 June 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Might want to at least disguise the url - check the forum rules on what's allowed... and what's not.

Might want to not quote the link you're telling someone off about .....

SIgh

Retired - Blame the Tomatoes

karl0ssus1 #23 Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postshiyonekenyo, on 12 June 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

it is an opinion.. i dont need to provide you with ANYTHING :)

So new, such arrogance.

Welcome to the ASIA forums. The numpties were banished long before your time, in the siege of Kirkistan, and since then much effort has been devoted to maintaining the Dragonfires least the Oblivion gates open again and the idiots return to claim what was taken from them.

Anyway, as part of the measures, handed down by the champions of old, all opinions require evidence when challenged, else they are dismissed as being little more than anecdotal. Your opinion has been challenged, defend it, or admit that either you are wrong or it is indefensible.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

neokai #24 Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 40771 battles

View PostTwisted_Metal, on 12 June 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Might want to not quote the link you're telling someone off about .....

SIgh

But I can claim non-involvement if the red crayon comes down. I quote for context, not for endorsement.

Spoiler

Tanzer #25 Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Captain

• Banned
  • 11417 battles

View Postshiyonekenyo, on 12 June 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

it is an opinion.. i dont need to provide you with ANYTHING :)

In that case, your opinion is invalid, your logic is non-existent, your words may as well be the [Content removed], for all the credibility they carry.  Go away and create threads about ponys instead.

General insults (average). Content removed, user sanctioned.

~Mick42.

Kaim traipla muskat blong mi.

OneForceX #26 Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 15838 battles
  • [TA-R] TA-R
U limit the gold, u choking the company. Come on, let those tankers with deep pocket do what they want. Spam gold all day and be happy!  But done get meh wrong honey! WG cares and as such will do everything in their disposal to make ur gaming experience as pleasurable as possible.     :playing:

ThomChen114 #27 Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36943 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Premium rounds aren't an ''I WIN!'' button. some rounds act differently and takes a lot more brain power to use well. HEAT bounces off sloped or spaced armor. APCR can still bounce or get eaten by tracks.

i never used premium rounds until i reached tier 6 for two reasons:

1) it's not worth spending so much on low tier games, where the profits are marginal and don't cover the cost of using premium rounds (especially when using auto-cannons, which can burn through ammo quickly)

2) i don't need premium ammo in these games. most of the guns are...adequate against other tanks in the lower tier. and if you're facing a tank you can't penetrate? flank around or find something else to shoot at! don't waste your time, health and credits in difficult engagements your shouldn't even be in in the first place

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

Velvet_Scarlantina #28 Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Tensai Shoujo

• Beta-Tester
  • 13809 battles
  • [SAUND] SAUND

View Postshiyonekenyo, on 10 June 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

I feel that the widespread use of premium ammunition from tier 1 to tier 10, is ruining any chnce of new players being able to learn proper play.

limiting prem ammo to tier 6 and above, would most likely result in players with a better understanding of penetration points and weak spots on tanks.. 

The way its is now, players can fill ammo racks with prem ammo, go onto battle using "auto aim" and never learn how to penetrate anything, simply because prem ammo will do it for them..

I am intersted in anyone's opinion... mine has been stated quite clearly

True that in recent times, APCR spam has been on the rise but to limit the amount of gold rounds per tank.... I think the price is the limiting factor itself.

As a user of tier 10 tanks with APCR as default, to say that APCR rounds hit home using auto aim is not always true. It can and will still bounce. Angled properly, it'll bounce. My E50M ever bounced APCR rounds from tiers 9 and 10 and even E100 (bounced his APCR x3. His 4th hit home. He died 2 seconds later.)

IMO.... Compared to AP, I think APCR forces you to be more careful of your shots. 400 credit for 1 gold, that's a TON of credits and/or cash flying out from your barrel and sure as hell.... I definitely want my gold rounds to hit home and damage. I won't want my cash to fly all over the screen thanks to auto aim or bounce thanks to RNG. 

As for me, for most of my tanks, tier 5 to 9, I usually load 10 - 20 APCR rounds (except for JP2 where I load 5 rounds due to shell count). Most of the time I'll send AP across the map. I usually use APCR to reset. That or when it's a western stand off.

That being said, its amazing that high tier RU HTs use APCR to shoot at my paper tanks.....

Edited by Makise_Kuristina, 12 June 2014 - 01:01 PM.

Sir_Forsaken #29 Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:56 AM

Sergeant

• 24241 battles
  • [NERD] NERD

As per usual in these forums, there are a couple of intelligent replies but also a lot of replies that are not. 

An opinion is exactly what it is, an opinion and not a statement.  Statements need to be backed up with hard facts, opinions don't!

To me it seems plain that Shiyonekenyo was stating an opinion and was eager to have a conversation, not get trolled and bullied in the manner that is so common to these forums!  Smart replies that are in fact veiled insults and patronising.  

No wonder that so many players don't want to post in the forums.

It is a plain fact that since WG introduced premium ammo for credits, more and more players are spamming gold which is taking all the skill out of the game and negating the armour of tanks that rely on their armour because they have nothing else.  It's is up to the individual player if he/she wants to spam gold all day long. However, it doesn't really improve their game, just pads their stats because they have killed tanks that they normally wouldn't be able to kill.

Trollers and haters, say what you like, I am indifferent to your trolling input so go for it, I really don't care... 

Edited by Forsaken211, 13 June 2014 - 01:17 AM.

iGaucon #30 Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 26654 battles
I love 183 and I find this offensive.

Yekaterina #31 Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:10 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 5998 battles

View PostForsaken211, on 13 June 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

As per usual in these forums, there are a couple of intelligent replies. 

An opinion is exactly what it is, an opinion and not a statement.  Statements need to be backed up with hard facts, opinions don't.

To me it seems plain that Shiyonekenyo was stating an opinion and was eager to have a conversation, not get trolled and bullied in the manner that is so common to these forums!  Smart replies that are in fact veiled insults and patronising.  

Because we've dealt with this very topic for the nth time and we're sick of it.

No wonder that so many players don't want to post in the forums.

I'd love if all the numpties went away honestly.

It is a plain fact that since WG introduced premium ammo for credits, more and more players are spamming gold which is taking all the skill out of the game and negating the armour of tanks that rely on their armour because they have nothing else.  It's is up to the individual player if he/she wants to spam gold all day long. However, it doesn't really improve their game, just pads their stats because they have killed tanks that they normally wouldn't be able to kill.

I love how people are continually able to make statements like this despite all other evidence to the contrary.

I do love how a 47-er can try to act so smug about it too.

-Yekaterina

If winning and losing are both irrelevant, then win!

Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

Sir_Forsaken #32 Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

Sergeant

• 24241 battles
  • [NERD] NERD

View PostYekaterina, on 13 June 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

Because we've dealt with this very topic for the nth time and we're sick of it.

I'd love if all the numpties went away honestly.

I love how people are continually able to make statements like this despite all other evidence to the contrary.

I do love how a 47-er can try to act so smug about it too.

Oh I guess that because I have a lower winrate than you my opinion is not valid and I have low intelligence.  Is that all you got?  I would expect something a little more troll from a supreme being such as yourself!!!

As a community contributor, try to be a little more respectful in future :-)

Try harder bro!!

Edited by Forsaken211, 13 June 2014 - 01:28 AM.

Lorenzo_Ruiz #33 Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:24 AM

Major

• 8466 battles
  • [NJG1] NJG1

As usual I get to the thing late. As Yeka has said, this is the <insert absurdly high number here> time this issue has come up, and has been since whenever they implemented gold rounds for silver.

And I still find it funny people are bitching about the widespread use of gold rounds when before people were bitching about how gold rounds should be for everyone and not just for wallet warriors or Clan Wars unicums.

Yek stole my brian.

Ezz [here]

Yekaterina #34 Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:33 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 5998 battles

View PostForsaken211, on 13 June 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

Oh I guess that because I have a lower winrate than you my opinion is not valid and I have low intelligence.  Is that all you got?  I would expect something a little more troll from a supreme being such as yourself!!!

I'm too lazy when this has been done n times before and you're not putting any effort to make it interesting.

As a community contributor, try to be a little more respectful in future :-)

Try harder bro!!

I honestly dont even remember how I got it to be honest. Probably something about helping with Tank trivia at one point, because it certainly wasn't because I ever cared about the dregs.

Edited by Yekaterina, 13 June 2014 - 01:34 AM.

-Yekaterina

Sir_Forsaken #35 Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

Sergeant

• 24241 battles
  • [NERD] NERD

View Postkarl0ssus1, on 12 June 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

So new, such arrogance.

Welcome to the ASIA forums. The numpties were banished long before your time, in the siege of Kirkistan, and since then much effort has been devoted to maintaining the Dragonfires least the Oblivion gates open again and the idiots return to claim what was taken from them.

Anyway, as part of the measures, handed down by the champions of old, all opinions require evidence when challenged, else they are dismissed as being little more than anecdotal. Your opinion has been challenged, defend it, or admit that either you are wrong or it is indefensible.

opinion
əˈpɪnjən/
noun

1. 1.
    a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    "that, in my opinion, is right"
    synonyms: beliefjudgement, thought(s), school of thought, thinking, way of thinking, mindpoint of viewviewviewpointoutlookangleslant,sideattitudestanceperspectivepositionstandpointMore

Lorenzo_Ruiz #36 Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:36 AM

Major

• 8466 battles
  • [NJG1] NJG1

View PostForsaken211, on 12 June 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

opinion
əˈpɪnjən/
noun

1. 1.
    a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    "that, in my opinion, is right"
    synonyms: beliefjudgement, thought(s), school of thought, thinking, way of thinking, mindpoint of viewviewviewpointoutlookangleslant,sideattitudestanceperspectivepositionstandpointMore

Yes, that is his opinion. We've answered the same opinions many times, and grow tired of this popping up. This isn't even monster issue of the week status. More like that redshirt that pops up before it is slaughtered. Opinion, gameplay suggestion, etc etc etc.

It might be his opinion, but it doesn't make it any less facepalm-worthy stupid.

Edited by Lorenzo_Ruiz, 13 June 2014 - 01:38 AM.

Yek stole my brian.

Ezz [here]

Sir_Forsaken #37 Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

Sergeant

• 24241 battles
  • [NERD] NERD
Yes it is his opinion and whatever you think doesn't make it any less worthy. He is entitled to post here as long as he follows the rules. Yes, he broke a rule but only after he was badly trolled by a couple of members who should know better. Anyway, this has gone way off-topic. I'm done...

Lorenzo_Ruiz #38 Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:00 AM

Major

• 8466 battles
  • [NJG1] NJG1

View PostForsaken211, on 12 June 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Yes it is his opinion and whatever you think doesn't make it any less worthy. He is entitled to post here as long as he follows the rules. Yes, he broke a rule but only after he was badly trolled by a couple of members who should know better. Anyway, this has gone way off-topic. I'm done...

"Should know better"

Civility for thee, not for me.

Yek stole my brian.

Ezz [here]

Yekaterina #39 Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:03 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 5998 battles

I would hope that there are better defences for him and this thread than "What he said is not literally illegal."

Especially with how often this has been done before (and met with the same response)

-Yekaterina

Skitz619 #40 Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 21019 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postshiyonekenyo, on 12 June 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

crawl back into the hole you came from

Please share some more of your Knowledge of the game with us, you have been pretty spot on so far!

Looking forward to seeing more of you on the forums!

You can be a King or a Street Sweeper, everyone dances with the Grim Reaper

Also tagged with premium ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users