limit premium ammunition

premium ammo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

Evil_Stench_4U #41 Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

Corporal

• 17328 battles

Good to see the elitist are still trolling their bridge!

I am guessing his point may be directed towards those situations where experienced clan players, go back to the lower tiers, to cherry pick their win rates back up!

Yes, loaded with gold rounds, and great crews, compared to the newcomers still learning, it ends like lambs to the slaughter.

Don't deny that it is not common practice for the elitists, to use the lower tiers, to up their win rates from time to time!

limiting gold would not fix this one bit.

If newbies want to spam premiums, let them, their choice, for they will be our lambs, in the higher tiers.

what would be better however, is taking battle count into consideration, and matching this far better.

Having one team with mostly sub 5000 games vs 20 to 30,000 game cherry pickers, really doesn't teach them much, other than how to pick another tank quickly!

Trolling them here, where they could have learnt some useful advice, and become better players, just shows the sad state of these forums!

Troll away, all ye oh so fantastic elitists, I couldn't give a rats for your opinions anyway!

knowing your wasting your days typing insults, instead of enjoying real life, is more than enough fun for me!

Here i sit, broken hearted, most of map, left scout un-charted. My team has left, to find their rock, to sit and camp, not kill that foch.

Yes i am bald, have a bruised forehead, and am unsure how so many bad tankers made it to level 8, let alone 10. Death to the bot runners!

Haku #42 Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 19314 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

Have you seen my average tier?

Also, in DPS, we blow​​​​ burn bridges.

僕の最愛心 、宮本雪子は。。。

mttspiii #43 Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostHaku, on 27 June 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

Have you seen my average tier?

Also, in DPS, we blow​​​​ burn bridges.

He said elitist, not elite.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Furious007 #44 Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

Sergeant

• 8934 battles

IMO it's time to remove Gold rounds all together, the only thing they add is money in the pocket of War Gaming and that is a big if since most people buy there gold rounds with Credits/SIlver ( what ever you call them ). Gold shells don't serve any purpose in anyway shape or form, unless someone can give a damn good reason why this type of Shell should be in the game.

Is it really so hard to aim? If you can't pene the front try flanking, like i said it only serves the lazy people and doesn't promote any new players from trying to learn anything about the game.

Edited by Furious007, 02 July 2014 - 06:39 PM.

mttspiii #45 Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostFurious007, on 02 July 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

IMO it's time to remove Gold rounds all together, the only thing they add is money in the pocket of War Gaming and that is a big if since most people buy there gold rounds with Credits/SIlver ( what ever you call them ). Gold shells don't serve any purpose in anyway shape or form, unless someone can give a damn good reason why this type of Shell should be in the game.

Is it really so hard to aim? If you can't pene the front try flanking, like i said it only serves the lazy people and doesn't promote any new players from trying to learn anything about the game.

It's there specifically because Wargaming needs money to keep the game running. And because it adds an extra bit of historicity in the game.

8_Eight_8 #46 Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

Sergeant

• 38906 battles
Would'nt limiting or removal of premium ammo until tier 7 ruin tanks like the PzIIJ or any tank which runs into low tier high armored tanks?
lyVSRZj.gif

Furious007 #47 Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Sergeant

• 8934 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 02 July 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

It's there specifically because Wargaming needs money to keep the game running. And because it adds an extra bit of historicity in the game.

Um, people buy APCR rounds with in-game silver, also WG made over 35 million last year so i doubt they are hurting for cash and i highly doubt that all that just came from APCR shells from people who used real money to buy them with.

Historicity or not, it's ruining the solo pub games to the point i walk away from my PC when i come across noobs who like to spam APCR shells all day. Also APCR shells plays a big impact on tank balance since it takes little effort loading a APCR shell and throwing them at tanks you come across that has very good armor on it. ( KV-4, ST-I, etc etc )

When i play my Tiger II i use the angles of it very well most times and i can bounce a lot of shots fired at me until the APCR rounds come at me.

Sorry but this mentality has to stop on Wargamings  part, the playing field must be even and we all know how long games last when your wallet has a factor on how well you do in a game.

Take War Thunder: Ground Forces for example, Premium is cheaper, Premium tanks are cheaper and the game looks over 10 times better than what World of Tanks does. The tanks feel like real tanks and not glued to the ground all while having some decent balance with NO PREMIUM SHELLS.

Edited by Furious007, 03 July 2014 - 08:29 AM.

Fendalton #48 Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11283 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

Lol, this conversation again.

Limit premium rounds? Sure.

What premiums rounds do we limit? (APCR, HEAT, HESH) - who knows?

Those tanks that have the luck of firing APCR standard, do they get nerfed? buffed? Is their ammo capacity lowered?

If premium rounds did more damage, then I'd understand, but all it does is add an bit of extra pen (which on some tanks is only 30 and not even worth it) so I fail to see what the big deal is.

Don't get hit in the first place? There's a plan.

karl0ssus1 #49 Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFurious007, on 03 July 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

Take War Thunder: Ground Forces for example, Premium is cheaper, Premium tanks are cheaper and the game looks over 10 times better than what World of Tanks does. The tanks feel like real tanks and not glued to the ground all while having some decent balance with NO PREMIUM SHELLS.

I have to ask: have you actually played WT:GF? Because what youre saying here runs pretty much entirely counter to what I hear from those who do play it. The game is incredibly poorly balanced, the tank movement is more akin to a hovercraft than a 40 tonne hunk of steel and there are P2W elements littered everywhere. 

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

Epicurus_ #50 Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• 25154 battles

View PostFurious007, on 03 July 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Um, people buy APCR rounds with in-game silver, also WG made over 35 million last year so i doubt they are hurting for cash and i highly doubt that all that just came from APCR shells from people who used real money to buy them with.

Historicity or not, it's ruining the solo pub games to the point i walk away from my PC when i come across noobs who like to spam APCR shells all day. Also APCR shells plays a big impact on tank balance since it takes little effort loading a APCR shell and throwing them at tanks you come across that has very good armor on it. ( KV-4, ST-I, etc etc )

When i play my Tiger II i use the angles of it very well most times and i can bounce a lot of shots fired at me until the APCR rounds come at me.

Sorry but this mentality has to stop on Wargamings  part, the playing field must be even and we all know how long games last when your wallet has a factor on how well you do in a game.

If people are spamming gold rounds then they are not earning silver to buy those rounds.

APCR does not ruin the game if anything it gives a greater chance for a low tier tank to make a difference in the game if you think APCR ruins the game then you clearly do not see all the botters/ afk'ers and just down right stupid moves that people try to pull off in public matches.

APCR rounds are not needed to pen Tiger II.

It will always come down to skill and luck that determines the outcome of matches there's no way that I see as many losing matches as I have to come to the conclusion that it's all APCR that has determined the outcome, it's been skill and lack thereof which has swayed the balance.

Edited by Epicurus_, 03 July 2014 - 10:27 PM.

mttspiii #51 Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostFurious007, on 03 July 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostFurious007, on 02 July 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Make up your mind, do gold rounds add to the profit margin of WG or not?

And yes, WG "needs" the money since it's a corporation, which by definition, is made just for that purpose: making money. It's the ethos of every company.

Also tagged with premium ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users