Jump to content


Absolute Frontiers: 7/50

Absolute Frontiers

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

yamanetw #1 Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • E-Sports
  • 9839 battles
  • 180
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

 

Tournament Settings
Match Mode: Standard game mode
Battle Time: 10 minutes
Team roster size: 8
Starting line-up: 7
Maximum number of reserve: 1
Vehicle limitations: Tier 8
Team tier point limit: 50
 

Prizes
First Place: 5,000 gold
Second Place: 2,500 gold
Third Place: 1,000 gold
Fourth Place: 750 gold
5th - 8th Place: 500 gold
9th - 16th Place: 250 gold
 

We Want Your Feedback!
We're here to create fun tournaments for everyone! In order to do so, we will be needing your opinions and ideas on what you like and don't like about tournaments. Let us know what you'd like to see in future tournaments too!

Before your battles begin and after them, leave your feedback on the forum [here]. You could also let your Team Captain compile all the feedback and post them together.

 

Prize Redemption
Feedback must be provided on this forum before and after the tournament battles to be eligible for Gold redemption.

 

We have decided to make some changes to the overall data extraction process, please kindly follow this new method to have replays uploaded and we will be able to extract all the necessary information from it directly. (You will be able to set your uploaded battle replays as private so do not worry about having your tactics and strategies revealed to others!)


How to submit the replays?

In just 4 simple steps:
Step 1: Change “Enable Battle Recoding” option to “ALL”
Step 2: Login http://wotreplays.com/ with your World of Tanks account
Step 3: Upload your replays via “Direct link only”, and fill up the title with “Tournament Name – Team name”. For the description, please kindly include the “Tournament Name, Team Name and Round Number.”
Step 4: Please provide the “Secret Link” and email it to esport-sea@wargaming.net, kindly state details such as Your Team’s Name, Tournament Name and Round Number at the email title as well.

 

A detailed information regarding the process (with screenshots attached) can be found below:

1. Change “Enable Battle Recoding” option to “ALL” 
 

2. Login http://wotreplays.com/ with your World of Tanks account
 

3. Upload your replays via “Direct link only”, and fill up the title with “Tournament Name – Team name”. For the description, please kindly include the “Tournament Name, Team Name and Round Number.”
 

4. When you finished uploading replay, you will see the result page.
 

5. Please provide the “Secret Link” and email it to esport-sea@wargaming.net, kindly state details such as Your Team’s Name, Tournament Name and Round Number at the email title as well.

 

Tournament Schedule
Random from Map Pool, Best of 3

Round 1 (64 teams, 1 / 32): 28th July Monday, 20:00 UTC +8 (12:00 UTC)
Round 2 (32 teams, 1 / 16): 28th July Monday, 21:00 UTC +8 (13:00 UTC)
Round 3 (16 teams, 1 / 8): 29th July Tuesday, 20:00 UTC +8 (12:00 UTC)
Round 4 (8 teams, 1 / 4): 29th July Tuesday, 21:00 UTC +8 (13:00 UTC)
Semi Final: 31st July Thursday, 20:00 UTC +8 (12:00 UTC)
Grand Final & 3rd Placing: 31st July Thursday, 21:00 UTC +8 (13:00 UTC)

 

Sign up now!


Edited by yamanetw, 18 July 2014 - 06:37 PM.


scrapyarddog #2 Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 99057 battles
  • 18
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA
  • Member since:
    03-12-2013
We have just joined this tournament. Our clan enjoys this format as we are small and inexperienced, therefore it provides an opportunity to develop team skills and teamwork. well done wot

Hannt #3 Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 2159 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View Postscrapyarddog, on 22 July 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

We have just joined this tournament. Our clan enjoys this format as we are small and inexperienced, therefore it provides an opportunity to develop team skills and teamwork. well done wot

 

Thank you for your feedback scrapyarddog, glad you guys enjoyed this format!


Edited by Hannt, 23 July 2014 - 11:32 PM.


reasnd #4 Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 42915 battles
  • 874
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS
  • Member since:
    09-27-2012

Interested to know what the reasoning was behind the 50 pt tier limit? I mean essentially this is a team battle mode of play but with a little more points. Is this to change it up a little so Team battle mode players do not have as much of an advantage?

 

I've only played a small number of team battles, but I'm thinking that the meta will be similar to the team battle stack up with 5 tier 8's and two tier 5's rather than tier 1's. The difference being that some teams will have no experience with team battles and just approach it form a lets get lots of tanks in there.



Lord_Zero #5 Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 14936 battles
  • 16
  • [R3B3L] R3B3L
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013

yes another format i love this. . . 

 

ign: mikyla

 

TEAM: R.E.3.E.L

 



_Buck_Ck_ #6 Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 28218 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013
Can't say that I like this format, 7/42 is the best. 6 tier 8 and 1 tier 2?
Captain of FUHL

Lord_Zero #7 Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 14936 battles
  • 16
  • [R3B3L] R3B3L
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013

hello sir what happen to the wot site? no sched yet.? i don't know if my team is accepted. or i'm just delay because of the low connection.

 



_Buck_Ck_ #8 Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 28218 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013

View Postmikyla, on 28 July 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

hello sir what happen to the wot site? no sched yet.? i don't know if my team is accepted. or i'm just delay because of the low connection.

 

Dont worry, me too. I think something happen with WG server, just wait.


Captain of FUHL

Kanata_MIGGY #9 Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 28295 battles
  • 53
  • Member since:
    03-28-2013

Every week is a learning for our team, hopefully we will advance to the next round this time..

 

Tier 4,5, 6 or 7 battles i suggest... maybe next time....


Wotlabs.net
 
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

"Never be afraid to be different because the more different you are from the rest, the more you make yourself deserving of your existence."


_Buck_Ck_ #10 Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 28218 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013

@Yamanetw

@Hannt

WE STILL DO NOT HAVE THE SCHEDULE


Captain of FUHL

_Buck_Ck_ #11 Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 28218 battles
  • 70
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013
No schedule and the game just start, ggwp Wargaming
Captain of FUHL

Hannt #12 Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 2159 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Greetings _Buck_Ck_,

 

We are experiencing some issues with the portal, we have scheduled the battle timings but you guys can't seem to view it. Please kindly be patient while we resolve this issue.

 

 



Hannt #13 Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 2159 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Greetings Commanders,

 

You should be able to view the battle schedule on the tournament page now. Since there is a total of 30 teams participating for Absolute Frontiers: 7/50, we will proceed on to Round 2 of the battles instead. Please kindly take note that the Round 3's Battle for Absolute Frontiers: 7/50 will be tomorrow 29th July 2014, Tuesday at 20:00 UTC +8 (12:00 UTC) hours.

 

Good luck for all the participating teams!



jyunpei10 #14 Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 21028 battles
  • 1
  • [-YP-] -YP-
  • Member since:
    09-21-2013

we love the tournament

 

but the process of tournament screenshot and feedback was kind a hassle

 

anyway we love it


Edited by jyunpei10, 28 July 2014 - 10:06 PM.


Hannt #15 Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 2159 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View Postreasnd, on 24 July 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Interested to know what the reasoning was behind the 50 pt tier limit? I mean essentially this is a team battle mode of play but with a little more points. Is this to change it up a little so Team battle mode players do not have as much of an advantage?

 

I've only played a small number of team battles, but I'm thinking that the meta will be similar to the team battle stack up with 5 tier 8's and two tier 5's rather than tier 1's. The difference being that some teams will have no experience with team battles and just approach it form a lets get lots of tanks in there.

 

Greetings reasnd,

 

Apologies for the late response. We are trying to test out different formats and provide the experience for all the tournament players, this serves as an exposure and at the same time we will be able to find out how receptive each format is to you all. In addition, these new formats would allow players to participate in tournaments with the other types of tanks in their garage apart from the standard 7x42 format tanks.



Hannt #16 Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 2159 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View Postjyunpei10, on 28 July 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

we love the tournament

 

but the process of tournament screenshot and feedback was kind a hassle

 

anyway we love it

 

Greetings jyunpei10,

 

We have simplified the screenshot process for the Absolute Frontiers series, it should be easier and less of a hassle as compared to before. Nevertheless, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in future tournaments!



reasnd #17 Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 42915 battles
  • 874
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS
  • Member since:
    09-27-2012

I was on-line last night and although I could see that we had a battle in the schedule there was no start time and no notification of any battle. Reading the information here it looks like the round scheduled for the 28th was not run and will start on the 28th.

One point I would like clarified is with uploading the details. Do we need each team member to upload the replay? or will one team member suffice?



RT_Ajax #18 Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 347 battles
  • 268
  • Member since:
    06-03-2013
First initial thoughts on this tourney are kinda mixed. It worries me that most teams will run 6 tier 8 tanks and only run the 1 scout. Some what remind's me of the 7/56. Hopefully I am wrong about it as 7/56 was very campy play due to having no scouts that if lost wont really change the game. Looking forward to the games though :)

S1L4K4Y #19 Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 24511 battles
  • 24
  • [LAKAS] LAKAS
  • Member since:
    06-08-2013

Greetings commanders,

 

I like this 50 total tier points where team can adjust to have only one scout and maximize remaining tier total strength to Tier 8.  

only I have comment on the schedule of the second round, match should be followed immediately where winner team is on its winning state.

 



Hannt #20 Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 2159 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View Postreasnd, on 29 July 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

I was on-line last night and although I could see that we had a battle in the schedule there was no start time and no notification of any battle. Reading the information here it looks like the round scheduled for the 28th was not run and will start on the 28th.

One point I would like clarified is with uploading the details. Do we need each team member to upload the replay? or will one team member suffice?

 

Greetings reasnd,

 

You do not need all the members' replay since the scores are all shown on the "Team Score" tab itself. Just one team member from each game will do. Do let us know if you have any more questions regarding the process!

 

View PostTA_Ajax, on 29 July 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

First initial thoughts on this tourney are kinda mixed. It worries me that most teams will run 6 tier 8 tanks and only run the 1 scout. Some what remind's me of the 7/56. Hopefully I am wrong about it as 7/56 was very campy play due to having no scouts that if lost wont really change the game. Looking forward to the games though :)

 

View PostS1L4K4Y, on 29 July 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Greetings commanders,

 

I like this 50 total tier points where team can adjust to have only one scout and maximize remaining tier total strength to Tier 8.  

only I have comment on the schedule of the second round, match should be followed immediately where winner team is on its winning state.

 

 

Thank you for your feedback TA_Ajax and S1L4K4Y.

 

@S1L4K4Y - some time allowance was given in case of disputes, in addition, some teams will end their game faster than others, hence it will be hard to estimate the timing for next round if we were to schedule it back to back.







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users