Tier 7 Clan Wars - Awesome change of pace

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TrozOz #1 Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17502 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Just a quick one to say thanks to Wargaming for mixing up the stale format of constant Tier 10 CW and giving us two weeks of a different tier.  I know that PANZACS had quite a few players return from long absences to give it a crack.  We also saw quite a few new clans in Landing Zones etc get their first taste of the intensity of Clan Wars.

Personally I'd love to see this become a normal rotation along the lines of:

6 weeks of Tier 10 Clan Wars

2 weeks of Tier 7 Clan Wars

2 weeks of Tier 8 Clan Wars

2 weeks of Tier 9 Clan Wars

...and then start the cycle again

This gives new clans and players a taste of Clan Wars and hopefully encourages them to continue the grind to Tier 10.  It also keeps it interesting for the 'old school' players as they get to try their hands at Tier 7, 8 and 9 tanks that might otherwise never get played.  It also mixes up the challenge of CW as you need to adjust your strats for different tier levels. 

IMHO anything that increases the accessibility of Clan Wars to new players and clans while still retaining its 'end game' aspect is great.  Mixing up the tiers also stops the format from getting stale for those of us who have been playing Tier 10 CW for years.

Yorrick #2 Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 23904 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

here here TrozOz

tier 4, 5 and 6 would be good too imo

Tank Company Mercenary [TCM] A Tank Company,Strongholds,Platooning, Enthusiast's clan
We Play for Victory, Kill for Laughs, Die for the Team, Honour,Glory and a Bloody Good Time
Bringing together skilled Tankers, who want to play in skilled, friendly, competitive teams in Tank Companies, Campaign Clan Wars, and Platoons .Have you got what it takes to become a Mercenary? Skilled, Willing to learn/teach and play as a strong team with a Friendly Well Organised, United clan.RECRUITING NOW
check us out and apply here http://tankcompanyme...ary.shivtr.com/ to find out

ImplyingTonks #3 Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

First lieutenant

• 5680 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

Tier 7 clanwars was [Redacted]

Clanwars is an endgame meta. I grind for hours to get a tier 10 to play clanwars in it, not to have it stilling around doing nothing.  Luck would stop doing cw in protest if anymore of these tier changes happen. Why is it all the bad clans want it? 

General insults. User sanctioned

~Centurion_NZ

Edited by Centurion_NZ, 07 July 2014 - 05:32 PM.

ImplyingTonks #4 Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

First lieutenant

• 5680 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK
Need down vote

Bartlett #5 Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 21654 battles

View PostYorrick, on 07 July 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

main problem with those tiers is tanks do not survive long enough so its usually one single encounter and the battles over and done with. (4 and 5 also get dominated by scout tanks which don't normally get those tiers in random battles).

iGaucon #6 Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 26654 battles
Same opinion with Luck, I really don't want to see this happen again (except for special campaign)

GeneralGrant #7 Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 28787 battles

Yep, I'm with ImplyingTonks.  Didn't see the point of Tier 7 CWs (other than to encourage players to move their best crews into their Tier 7s and spend gold in the process).

Tier 7 blindsided a lot of players, resulting in players who have several Tier 10s hardly being able to participate.  As an example, we have one player with 21 Tier 10s...and only one Tier 7.  Some of regular Tier 10 CWs players had no Tier 7s, because Tier 10 is what you aim for...

At the very least, if you're going to have a non-Tier 10 CWs, make it Tier 6 or 8. This would make it consistent with Tank Companies and with the last campaign.  After the last campaign the expectation was that future non-Tier 10 CWs would be Tiers 6 and 8, so many players would have geared up for it, rebuying Tier 6s and 8s, and putting their better crews in them.   

Edited by GeneralGrant, 07 July 2014 - 06:54 PM.

Revenants #8 Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 10840 battles
  • [ATB] ATB

Why is it every clan that love "Thomas The Tank Engine " feel they are personally affected by tier changes in Clan Wars ?

Like TrozOz i can see the merit to mixed tiers maybe 4 weeks of tier X's  then 2 weeks of another tier either way its enough to get new clans & small clans the chance to experience Clan Wars and get them excited about getting to their tier X's afterall a hand full of small clans have made it on the map for extended times & have then joined/ merged with  bigger clans in the past and will again.

We had 6 members land against 9 and managed to beat them on Dragon Ridge the feeling the members had was exhilarating TS was lit up for days and the members started to really grind towards their tier X's.

The members were getting in game early to do some Clan Wars and this was because of the tier shuffle .So from ATC thank you Tan and all the SEA WG staff for the opportunity and hope to see more chances for small clans to enjoy the chance to kick some big clan butts .......there's a challenge  :teethhappy:

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas A. Edison

Counterflak #9 Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• 15171 battles
  • [HODOR] HODOR

View PostYorrick, on 07 July 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

here here TrozOz

I see no reason for this when strongholds mode comes in with 9.2. 

TrozOz #10 Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17502 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostCounterflak, on 07 July 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

I see no reason for this when strongholds mode comes in with 9.2. 

The faith is strong in this one...

Binh_An #11 Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 22222 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
I will welcome the changes, only if it's limited to tier 6 and 8, most players keepsome of  these tanks for TC and upcoming Stronghold mode.Tier 9 CW will be more a barrier for new clans than an encouragement, since those tanks are too expensive. Players will need to buy the tanks, retrain crews and re-equip, which will cost a lot of gold as well.

Counterflak #12 Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• 15171 battles
  • [HODOR] HODOR

Honestly, name one situation where tier 7 CW changed the map.

VPA? Could have easily been have done with tier 10s; tank locking turned off but where else did it greatly alter the distribution of clans on the global map. 

EDIT: And next time, if it's going to be an event. At least have some kind of reward or missions taking place. Otherwise it honestly feels like some kind of excuse for a lack of content.

Edited by Counterflak, 07 July 2014 - 06:51 PM.

Bartlett #13 Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 21654 battles

View PostCounterflak, on 07 July 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

VPA? Could have easily been have done with tier 10s; tank locking turned off but where else did it greatly alter the distribution of clans on the global map. 

With the amount of clans not fighting I think even tank locking wouldn't have overly changed much (likely taken longer perhaps and more logistics to cycle fresh clans in). Also assuming one doesn't start spamming Tier 9 tank locking battles too.

Yorrick #14 Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 23904 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

i would like to see it again  and i think tier 7 is a good tier to do it with as most of our tankers have tier 7 tanks and they enjoyed it and get to see this kind of battle ,

It gave many tankers in the whole community a good time . Its not just all about you deluded [Redacted] tankers who think its all about them.and think tier ten is all the game is about , your missing out on 90% of the game you nubs :bajan:

who cares if crews are not maxed out , if you care spend some gold , if you have 21 tier ten tanks sell one and get 2 tier 7s 

Any real wot enthusiast should have tanks from all tiers anyway with good crew skills :glasses:

A campaign like that, thrown in here and there of different tiers is good for the whole community , there is no doubt about it IMO

so stop ya winging bullying and pussying and get some tanks and let the rest of the community have a go from time to time 

some of you people are to much sometimes , it must be the me generation i guess. well guess what, this may come as a surprise to you but, its not all about you :veryhappy:

General insults. User warned.

Please remember that if you carry CoAF tags you are expected to set the standards for the community.

~Celtic_Centurion

Edited by Celtic_Centurion, 08 July 2014 - 01:28 PM.

Tank Company Mercenary [TCM] A Tank Company,Strongholds,Platooning, Enthusiast's clan
We Play for Victory, Kill for Laughs, Die for the Team, Honour,Glory and a Bloody Good Time
Bringing together skilled Tankers, who want to play in skilled, friendly, competitive teams in Tank Companies, Campaign Clan Wars, and Platoons .Have you got what it takes to become a Mercenary? Skilled, Willing to learn/teach and play as a strong team with a Friendly Well Organised, United clan.RECRUITING NOW

Yorrick #15 Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 23904 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

deluded [Redacted] tankers 

lol rhymes with tanker i should have said then 

I will get it right next time sorry 

Fastidius #16 Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• 13036 battles
  • [FURY] FURY

personally i disliked tier 7 CW but thats because i dont have tier 7 tanks........TC tiers are 6 & 8 so i keep those only.

If they are going to do this again i would prefer it to be 6 & 8s only.

If i have to buy a tank and recrew it with a 10s crew then i expect discounts on crew retraining BOTH at the start AND end of the stupid campaign.

Fastidious

Lion Tamer

All around good guy

Rusty-bot tester

Fury Fieldcommander/Recruiter
EX Aus Viking Diplomat/CW Commander

GeneralGrant #17 Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 28787 battles

View PostFastidius, on 10 July 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

If i have to buy a tank and recrew it with a 10s crew then i expect discounts on crew retraining BOTH at the start AND end of the stupid campaign.

Ah yes, but then how would WG maximize the amount of gold, and thus real money, spent?  Now you know why the event was Tier 7...

TempUserName #18 Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

Corporal

• 39179 battles
  • [GARBG] GARBG

i dont think tier 7 or 8 CWs are problems. The problem is the period could have been too long..

Just make it 1 week so new clans can taste the fight without halting top clans too much. Even when they do the CW (new clans) they can only offer limited resistance against top clans, at least they can feel it without getting bashed too easily by top clans.

Even my clan had a problem.. some of my members really had problem buying their 7s back.. LOL.. but again.. its still different from a Team battle.. the atmosphere and pressure were sky high. Thanks to that tier 8 and 7 CWs. some members realized they were not ready to drive around in a tier 10 tank.. and now they learn to play tanks better. for their joy... and ours. Lets hope for less noobs (i'm included) in the battlefield by introducing occasional mid tiers CWs. we have one battle placed in a permanent spot in our head.. on that tier 7 CW..

it was like...

Members : Cmon guys lets go CW.. its just 7.. easyyyyy

Me:   Okay lets book some CWs

Members : So? which clan to fight?

Me : LUCK

Members : .....%&^^@*!&*^^

The result.. yeah you know..

Me : now tell me..

Members : how come this happens in tier 7?

Me : Good will be good.. bad will be bad.. now lets go to training room

Members : Okay  <=== THIS is something really new to my clan members... hahahaha

The impact on my clan was enormous.. They go to training room more often after that battle and willing to listen when some better players teach (you know what i mean) them in random battles.. now we all realize that good players will always be good on each and every tiers. so we have to learn more to play in par..

Boom goes the dynamite!

aurora97 #19 Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 35313 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
Tier 7 clan war was awesome. Everyone in my clan enjoyed it except for our wives who kept nagging at us!

I thibk the duration is just nice.

Keep it up and have some change of scenary from time to time.

Tq Wg

TitanuzMech #20 Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 23454 battles
  • [FORCE] FORCE
If its possible WG should split CWs into different leagues for (T10, T7, T5 etc).. and by leagues, i mean a total separate global map, for each tier limit.

Some of us players are not as hardcore as most of the current CWs-active players are and do not have the time to grind and obtain multiple T10 tanks.. Its really sad to see this players unable to experience the joy of CWs just because they cant afford to.

Why limit CWs to T10 only? There is more than 200 tanks in this game, it would be interesting to see what the lower tier CWs would be like. Tactics will alter from the regular T10 battles due to the different tanks' playstyle

Since there are players that believe CWs should only allowed a T10 limit, having different leagues might solve this. Maybe to be fair, the low tier leagues the gold income will be less than the higher tier leagues.. (something like Stronghold mode)

The strength of a true hero is undeniably a force to be reckoned with, but the strength of a brotherhood,is a force even the world can't stop.. Join our brotherhood of Leviathan Force!
Visit Leviathan Force Website!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users