Missions and Specials on 11th July 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Major

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Fill up your garage with more German and Soviet tanks this week with our next weekly specials, and get bonus EXP with them in battle!

Full news text

Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart #2 Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36556 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

forgive me if I'm wrong because I have that LITTLE amount of experience using them, but aren't large repair and first aid kits a waste of time?.

I use small kits all the time to revive a driver or loader, or fix a track, stuff I URGENTLY need right now in the heat of battle.

Doesn't a large kit only have a "can use only once" deal too?.

So, you have to wait for 2-3 or more crew to die before you can choose to use the kit, or wait for 2-3 or more vital equipments on your tank to break before you use a large repair?.

Seems like a waste of time to me. I can't continue fighting in a t34 with ammo rack damage and a 23 second reload time, while I wait for an enemy to break something else, before I blow my large repair kit.

Ergo, I do not ever use large kits.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Can someone tell me in what situation you would want to use a large kit in battle over a small one?. Apart from obvious troll is obvious.

LeSigh #3 Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 52954 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

The important bit about a large repair kit:

While equipped, passively adds 10% to crew's field-repair speed. When used, the kit repairs all currently damaged modules until the end of battle when activated by the respective button. Repaired modules can still be damaged again after the repair, and the passive effect is lost once the kit is consumed.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Consumables

This account proudly sponsored by WG

LeSigh #4 Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 52954 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
SOme run a large and a small so if you get a slap from arty or HE that does in several modules you can use the large or for a smaller (just an engine) use the small, all the while getting the 10% repair kick.
This account proudly sponsored by WG

AwsmPie #5 Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 27178 battles

View PostMudfart, on 11 July 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

forgive me if I'm wrong because I have that LITTLE amount of experience using them, but aren't large repair and first aid kits a waste of time?.

I use small kits all the time to revive a driver or loader, or fix a track, stuff I URGENTLY need right now in the heat of battle.

Doesn't a large kit only have a "can use only once" deal too?.

So, you have to wait for 2-3 or more crew to die before you can choose to use the kit, or wait for 2-3 or more vital equipments on your tank to break before you use a large repair?.

Seems like a waste of time to me. I can't continue fighting in a t34 with ammo rack damage and a 23 second reload time, while I wait for an enemy to break something else, before I blow my large repair kit.

Ergo, I do not ever use large kits.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Can someone tell me in what situation you would want to use a large kit in battle over a small one?. Apart from obvious troll is obvious.

A small rep kit is too crucial to be replaced. The question is whether you would want to forgo a fire ext or a first aid kit for a large rep kit. This depends on the tank that you are driving. 

TDs like the Obj 704 and the Foch line rarely get set on fire from the front, but are likely to be tracked setting up a potential flank. A large rep kit helps to minimize situations where you are perma-tracked. The added repair speed helps as well. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users