Strongholds, The Bad, The Worse, The Ugly

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Weebl #21 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

Captain

• 15027 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostTimberWolffe, on 10 August 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

There's no reason, however, that in our last battle with us all in the best tier 6 heavies we had that we should all be dead within the first 3 minutes of the game starting. It's unbalanced, it's unfair, and it's expensive.

If you were 'all' in the 'best' tier 6 heavies, that's probably why you died. You got spotted by something with vision, way before you had chance to see them and they simply all started shooting the fish in the barrel. 

At at that point your only hope would have been a concerted push to get inside view range. But I would bet good money that what actually happened was you all hunkered down where you were, still spotted, still with the enemy outside your view range, and still getting shot. 

Your it comments about the hellcat are also, quite frankly, ludicrously wrong. 

Skyguy7567 #22 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

Major

• 9093 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View Post_Boris_, on 10 August 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Wrong. He meant 75% WR.. Both players that left when stronkholds was introduced had 500 and 700 wn8.

I'm not sure of who left strongholds or what, but I think the OP was referring to the number in the bracket, like xxxx(xx).

The bracket shows the percentage of people which the guy is better than, just like secession stats, if you get 3900 WN8 or so in one secession the bracket would be 100%, just coz you're better than everyone's AVERAGE WN8. Well maybe not everyone, maybe 99.5%.

View PostDeath2846, on 10 August 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

A Hellcat not being able to pen a 1S shows that the shells have been moving away from where you aimed, due to shell dispersion, or the Hellcat driver being bad, if the shell goes where it was aimed. Because, really, the shells don't penetrate when you don't hit the 1S's weakspots. They don't go through when you hit the most armoured part of the tank.

I know this from experience; didn't aim before and got heaps of non-pens, I aim now and they all go through.

Sigh it's Russian armor. Aimed or non-aimed, bounce. It's just Russian armor. I regularly bounce off KV1S tanks even when fully aimed, as if the shots would willingly go somewhere stupid :sceptic:

And I aim at either the lower plate or the non-sloped frontal plate with the Driver's hatch and lights and MG port.

Do u even WoT m8?

TimberWolffe #23 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

Corporal

• 7394 battles

View PostWeebl1, on 10 August 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

If you were 'all' in the 'best' tier 6 heavies, that's probably why you died. You got spotted by something with vision, way before you had chance to see them and they simply all started shooting the fish in the barrel. 

At at that point your only hope would have been a concerted push to get inside view range. But I would bet good money that what actually happened was you all hunkered down where you were, still spotted, still with the enemy outside your view range, and still getting shot. 

Your it comments about the hellcat are also, quite frankly, ludicrously wrong. 

We tried for just a straight rush and got blasted to hell by 4 KV-1S's using gold ammo on the derp gun.

My comments about the Hellcat are 100% accurate as it is by far my most used tank, with 100% crew and 82% on crew skills. I also suspect some teams had been using view range mods as our commander said he was spotted in his ELC long before he spotted anyone while we were up against a team consisting of solely russian tanks. 3 KV-1S, 2 T-34, 2 SU-100.

TANKS! BIG TANKS! SMALL TANKS! MEDIUM TANKS!

Death2846 #24 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

Major

• 21279 battles

View PostSkyguy7567, on 10 August 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Sigh it's Russian armor. Aimed or non-aimed, bounce. It's just Russian armor. I regularly bounce off KV1S tanks even when fully aimed, as if the shots would willingly go somewhere stupid :sceptic:

And I aim at either the lower plate or the non-sloped frontal plate with the Driver's hatch and lights and MG port.

Just to let you know, I only aim at the turret, unless the "weak" area is smaller than the another place (like some guy exposing the entire side when peeking out of a building). As you are pretty good yourself, I expect you to find out where to shoot quite quickly (it's not the copula).

View Post_Boris_, on 10 August 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Either way, it's a complete lie - no players that have left after strongholds was introduced had either 75% WR or were in the 25th percentile of players.

Maybe he means that the player just stopped playing due to him needing to study, rather than leaving the clan.

SaltyMemeMan_CAMMA #25 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34175 battles

This 'it's Russian armour" bullshit does not fly. If you aim properly you will not bounce any shots off kv1s's. learn angles. Learn where you can/can't pen. 

Skyguy when 3 Of them rush. They are tunnel visioning hard. Whoever they are rushing needs to get out of the way and then the other 5 of your tanks should be in their sides/rear/sniping. They will lose 3 tanks, you will lose 1. The idea of a strategy is everyone can support each other. Everyone has gun lines to support teammates. Or can move to support quickly.

oh look it gets better, View range Mods. Oh god this is just getting even more pathetic. 

Edited by cammaman, 10 August 2014 - 11:10 AM.

Skyguy7567 #26 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

Major

• 9093 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostDeath2846, on 10 August 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Just to let you know, I only aim at the turret, unless the "weak" area is smaller than the another place (like some guy exposing the entire side when peeking out of a building). As you are pretty good yourself, I expect you to find out where to shoot quite quickly (it's not the copula).

The turret is really a gamble. I only shoot it when that's the only thing exposed. 

If RNG trolls you you'll end up here.

Do u even WoT m8?

Kalipulako #27 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 54353 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

Actually I am quite disappointed with the match maker, most of the time we are against scrub clans or at least when I am playing. Played 20+ battles on skirmish and the only decent clan I faced so far were DPS, LUCK, and CNC and only lost to DPS, PANZA and a random scrub that I can't remember last night where my team was in a hurry due to their tournament and gave up the match. 

So back to the topic, stronghold is fairly easy and I don't know why you are still whining. What are available in the opposite team are also available to you. They are using that tank then use it, they are using gold rounds then use it. Even if your clan is small, you can still compete in the medium category so you basically don't need end tier tanks and even in end tier tanks there is no tank locking. 

Edited by Carabao, 10 August 2014 - 11:13 AM.

World of Tanks Philippines Official Unofficial Facebook Group

OFFICIALLY RETIRED, HEMAN AND ALDWIN PLAYING MY ACCOUNT. IF ITS DOING WEIRD AND CHATTING LIKE HEMAN THEN IT IS HEMAN.

Fruity_Ninja #28 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14772 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDeath2846, on 10 August 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Maybe he means that the player just stopped playing due to him needing to study, rather than leaving the clan.

That would mean he's still in the clan.  I love it...

"We have 75%ers in our clan"

"um no you don't, we just checked it"

"oh yeah he left the clan"

"um no he didn't, we just checked all the people who left your clan"

"oh ok...did you know that Elvis was actually murdered by aliens?  True story™

Death2846 #29 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Major

• 21279 battles

View PostTimberWolffe, on 10 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

I also suspect some teams had been using view range mods as our commander said he was spotted in his ELC long before he spotted anyone while we were up against a team consisting of solely russian tanks. 3 KV-1S, 2 T-34, 2 SU-100.

What view range mods? WoT isn't client based. Anyway, you don't have a replay.

And, just to let you know, the SU-100 and T-34 both have a 350m view range. With binocs that's 437.5m. Then a camo net, camo paint, camo skills, Brothers in Arms, food and foliage all help conceal those tanks.

For all I know, your commander could have none of these view range and camouflage bonuses on his ELC AMX, and the view range of the ELC is only 360m anyway.

KoishiKomeiji #30 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Nuclear Hell Raven

• Beta-Tester
  • 9071 battles
Just fire into the flat parts of the 1s plate, even 95mm pen on the vk1602 can get through...

Bye tanks!

SaltyMemeMan_CAMMA #31 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34175 battles

View PostTimberWolffe, on 10 August 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Last I checked the best member, AVP3Marine, left TAW near the end of July, and when I checked his stats he was at 75%.

if XVM doesn't tell you who shot what then why does the customiser have a damage indicator field.

A Hellcat being unable to penetrate a KV-1S isn't bad, it's the norm. Even though the front armor should be nothing to a hellcat, it still brushes off shots like it was nothing, even at point blank. 

Admittedly, our players aren't the best. There's no reason, however, that in our last battle with us all in the best tier 6 heavies we had that we should all be dead within the first 3 minutes of the game starting. It's unbalanced, it's unfair, and it's expensive.

the Hellcat with standard ammo goes through the front if it hits a weak point, otherwise it bounces or does no damage. It only has higher camo when you've not fired, and the DPM is only better without the 90mm, otherwise it's about 0.2 seconds slower than the 1S.

Corect, it tells me after I've been shot. I was shot by the entire enemy team, I know, I checked. All were loading gold except in one case where one clan member saw one of his former leaders so they wanted to have a proper match with no gold ammo.

What the hell crew are you using on your hellcat that makes it reload SLOWER than a KV1S?? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME. No shit it does damage when you hit Weak spots, THATS WHY YOU AIM WEAK SPOTS. TO DO DAMAGE. 

You lost within a few minutes BECAUSE YOU ARE BAD. You have no idea on strategies, vision mechanics. Map design. Or how to shoot. Yes I agree, its completely unbalanced YOU ARE BAD. THEY ARE GOOD.

It has higher camo when you haven't fired? Have you not heard of vision mechanics? Reverse behind the bush until its no longer transparent. Then fire. You will not get lit with a camo crew.

Edited by cammaman, 10 August 2014 - 11:16 AM.

TimberWolffe #32 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

Corporal

• 7394 battles

View Postcammaman, on 10 August 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

oh look it gets better, View range Mods. Oh god this is just getting even more pathetic. 

I know for a fact there is no russian tank which can scout better than the ELC. Your move.

Weebl #33 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

Captain

• 15027 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostTimberWolffe, on 10 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

We tried for just a straight rush and got blasted to hell by 4 KV-1S's using gold ammo on the derp gun.

My comments about the Hellcat are 100% accurate as it is by far my most used tank, with 100% crew and 82% on crew skills. I also suspect some teams had been using view range mods as our commander said he was spotted in his ELC long before he spotted anyone while we were up against a team consisting of solely russian tanks. 3 KV-1S, 2 T-34, 2 SU-100.

I said your only hope, not a good hope. If you only take blind tanks then you need to get lucky in map selection, as well as pick the right place to push. 

Your comments about the hellcat are wrong, it out loads a 1S by a lot. It outspots a 1S by a lot, and if you drive it properly you can spot a 1S yourself, shoot it, and still stay unspotted. 

Your ELC got spotted by a tank which was probably stationary behind a bush, probably with a net on. Is it any surprise the ELC (odds on flat tack across the map, without optics) got spotted first?

it sounds to me like you need somebody who understands how vision and camo works. 

Kalipulako #34 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 54353 battles
  • [FORT] FORT
They only played 3 battles and quit. A typical definition of a loser. 

World of Tanks Philippines Official Unofficial Facebook Group

OFFICIALLY RETIRED, HEMAN AND ALDWIN PLAYING MY ACCOUNT. IF ITS DOING WEIRD AND CHATTING LIKE HEMAN THEN IT IS HEMAN.

Skyguy7567 #35 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

Major

• 9093 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View Postcammaman, on 10 August 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

This 'it's Russian armour" bullshit does not fly. If you aim properly you will not bounce any shots off kv1s's. learn angles. Learn where you can/can't pen. 

Skyguy when 3 Of them rush. They are tunnel visioning hard. Whoever they are rushing needs to get out of the way and then the other 5 of your tanks should be in their sides/rear/sniping. They will lose 3 tanks, you will lose 1. The idea of a strategy is everyone can support each other. Everyone has gun lines to support teammates. Or can move to support quickly.

I have tank inspector and I perfectly know angles. You can reliably penetrate a KV1S's front until it's angled like this.

Yet I'm bouncing off their hull all the time. Same goes for Russian 122mm guns. It's just trolly like that. And the strip you ask? It remains under 150mm until the front is angled even more.

I guess it all goes down to moar teamwork, something that my clanmates are not too good at. Well can't really blame them. A lot of them have 2k battles, or even less. 

Do u even WoT m8?

SaltyMemeMan_Adzo #36 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

Thandi's Girlfriend

• 15183 battles

View PostTimberWolffe, on 10 August 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

I know for a fact there is no russian tank which can scout better than the ELC. Your move.

You really have no idea what you're talking about and you should really consider uninstalling and never coming back. This is starting to make my brain hurt

SaltyMemeMan_CAMMA #37 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34175 battles

View PostTimberWolffe, on 10 August 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

The ELC has TERRIBLE view range. It has good camo and is fast. But has poor view range. If your stupid commander was getting out spotted then he was probably moving around a lot. Not in cover/camo. And the enemy was stationary with binocs/camo net in a bush. BASIC VISION MECHANICS.

TimberWolffe #38 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Corporal

• 7394 battles

View Postcammaman, on 10 August 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

It has higher camo when you haven't fired? Have you not heard of vision mechanics? Reverse behind the bush until its no longer transparent. Then fire. You will not get lit with a camo crew.

Have you heard of vision mechanics? A moving Hellcat becomes visible almost instantly because honestly it is a huge tank. I say that because the only time I'll be moving is if I've taken a shot or a shot has just barely missed me, meaning that I am well within their view range and should relocate immediately.

Weebl #39 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Captain

• 15027 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostTimberWolffe, on 10 August 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

I can name many Russian tanks with a higher view range than an ELC. And that's before we start talking about camo nets, paint, bushes, binos and optics, as well as stationary tank versus moving tank. Your move. 

TimberWolffe #40 Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Corporal

• 7394 battles

View PostCarabao, on 10 August 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

They only played 3 battles and quit. A typical definition of a loser. 

Didn't really feel like splurging 100,000 credits on repairs and ammo, you know?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users