Another suggestion to counter premium ammunition spam

gold ammo premium ammo noobs stat-padders

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

Imaderpface #1 Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Corporal

• 9886 battles

Having recently getting killed by players running around with premium ammunition, I have decided to suggest something to counter the over usage of premium ammunition.

As many players stat pad using premium ammunition, like being able to penetrate tanks they shouldn't be able to, or being able to neglect weak spots, I have a probable solution for it.

What if at the end of the battle, a new stat is added that says something like "Amount of premium ammunition fired" and we can either deduct experience points or give less experience points for using premium ammunition. The cost of the shells usually don't matter to people who have loads of gold. Premium ammunition will decrease player stats, leading to stat padding premium shell spamming twits to have worse stats. This will also help to filter between the really good players and the clowns who just spam premium shells.

Derp.

TE_Deathskyz #2 Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 14951 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

Or have APCR do less damage to compensate for higher pen.

After all APCR is a sub-calibre round. It should do less damage.

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...
Do Not Worry About The Artillery Shell With Your Name On It. Instead, Worry About The Artillery Shell With A "To Whom It May Concern"...

Otakubouzu #3 Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

Major

• 16307 battles

Or just cap premium round allowed based on the gun  used.

Like 88mm L71 on Tiger I and Tiger P only can bring no more than 5 or 7, while 75mm autoloader on Chi-Ri can bring one-third of its ammo capacity.

Back to World of Tanks for now.

Imaderpface #4 Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Corporal

• 9886 battles

View PostOtakubouzu, on 13 August 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

Or just cap premium round allowed based on the gun  used.

Like 88mm L71 on Tiger I and Tiger P only can bring no more than 5 or 7, while 75mm autoloader on Chi-Ri can bring one-third of its ammo capacity.

I am aware of that, however I was trying to mention about the stat padders who fire premium shells when they don't know where to shoot. By reducing their stats it balances for their lack of knowledge of weakspots.

Derp.

Fendalton #5 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11283 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostDeathskyz, on 13 August 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

This. x100

View PostImaderpface, on 13 August 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

I am aware of that, however I was trying to mention about the stat padders who fire premium shells when they don't know where to shoot. By reducing their stats it balances for their lack of knowledge of weakspots.

Stat padders don't shoot gold, they just play better than you.

Generally stat padders abuse the knowledge that they have, so not sure how lack of knowledge + gold rounds = stat padding.

If I stat pad my T49 (which is hardly ever) I only carry 15 premium rounds to 30 standard rounds. Why? Because 1, I can afford to and 2, if I'm the last tank alive and I'm up against a KV-1 which is next to impossible to pen with standard rounds, I'm going to shoot premium.(Edit, and even then premium can bounce unless you're firing at next to right angles from an elevated position) Why should I loose the game for me and 14 other players on the basis that I'm a "stat padding knowledge-less gold spamming noob" and decide to not fire gold??

If anything, those who are firing gold rounds have the knowledge to know when to use gold rounds and when to use their standard AP rounds.

Edited by Fendalton, 13 August 2014 - 11:03 AM.

SaltyMemeMan_Adzo #6 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

Thandi's Girlfriend

• 15183 battles

View PostDeathskyz, on 13 August 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

RIP tier 10 meds

Imaderpface #7 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

Corporal

• 9886 battles

View PostFendalton, on 13 August 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

This. x100

Stat padders don't shoot gold, they just play better than you.

Generally stat padders abuse the knowledge that they have, so not sure how lack of knowledge + gold rounds = stat padding.

If I stat pad my T49 (which is hardly ever) I only carry 15 premium rounds to 30 standard rounds. Why? Because 1, I can afford to and 2, if I'm the last tank alive and I'm up against a KV-1 which is next to impossible to pen with standard rounds, I'm going to shoot premium.(Edit, and even then premium can bounce unless you're firing at next to right angles from an elevated position) Why should I loose the game for me and 14 other players on the basis that I'm a "stat padding knowledge-less gold spamming noob" and decide to not fire gold??

If anything, those who are firing gold rounds have the knowledge to know when to use gold rounds and when to use their standard AP rounds.

Yes, I am sure a T69 with full HEAT loaded (For example) is playing better than me instead of having to aim for weakspots with a 175 pen gun

EDIT: It seems like you didn't read my post clearly, I am certain I did mention in the last sentence to filter between the good players and the clowns who spam premium shells

Edited by Imaderpface, 13 August 2014 - 11:10 AM.

Derp.

veegeetablee #8 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 72225 battles
I mainly fire gold to contribute / carry when I am a tier 8 in a game full of tier 10s with 40% winrates, where other bottom tiers just cry about unfair MM and contribute nothing. I should get lots of experience when i do this so I don't like your idea. I do like the higher pen / lower damage suggestion. This is how the SU-100Y gold round works (except its higher damage / lower pen) and I think that is perfect.

SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R, ELC

Imaderpface #9 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Corporal

• 9886 battles

View Posttimwahoo, on 13 August 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

I mainly fire gold to contribute / carry when I am a tier 8 in a game full of tier 10s with 40% winrates, where other bottom tiers just cry about unfair MM and contribute nothing. I should get lots of experience when i do this so I don't like your idea. I do like the higher pen / lower damage suggestion. This is how the SU-100Y gold round works (except its higher damage / lower pen) and I think that is perfect.

It is possible to do well while playing lower tiered tanks, although difficult. I dislike when tanks that should not have been able to penetrate me, penetrate me because they fire premium shells.

EDIT: As lower tiered tanks get more xp for damaging higher tiered tanks, the amount of xp reduced should not exceed how much they get for firing at higher tiered tanks, thus balancing out. Damage done to higher tiere d tanks without premium shells will get xp bonus.

Edited by Imaderpface, 13 August 2014 - 11:23 AM.

Derp.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #10 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
How about WG just ban damage announcer mod

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Imaderpface #11 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Corporal

• 9886 battles

View PostBluefunk, on 13 August 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

How about WG just ban damage announcer mod

Heat shells fizzle, apcr shells have blue tracers so WG should ban tracers and remove the fizzles. There are many more indicators to premium shells but these are the most obvious ones

Edited by Imaderpface, 13 August 2014 - 11:23 AM.

Derp.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #12 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Posttimwahoo, on 13 August 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

One... Eight... Three...

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

brad22452 #13 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

First lieutenant

• 7514 battles
  • [CTS] CTS
:popcorn:

Rubber_Sloth #14 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Staff sergeant

• 2850 battles

View PostImaderpface, on 13 August 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

Heat shells fizzle, apcr shells have blue tracers so WG should ban tracers and remove the fizzles 

The more you know

XDeathLordX (6:26:45 PM) hey kiss from vpa, when you say i suck in battle best make sure you have done more damage than me lol

XDeathLordX (6:27:39 PM) 105 damage 1 kill after 5 shots in a tier 10 conq means you best leave it in the garage

SHOTTTS FIRED

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #15 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostImaderpface, on 13 August 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Heat shells fizzle, apcr shells have blue tracers so WG should ban tracers and remove the fizzles. There are many more indicators to premium shells but these are the most obvious ones

Strange thing about blue tracers, I hear about it but I have never seen it while running minimal mods.

Rubber_Sloth #16 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• 2850 battles
does he have a trace?

Edited by Rubber_Sloth, 13 August 2014 - 11:29 AM.

XDeathLordX (6:26:45 PM) hey kiss from vpa, when you say i suck in battle best make sure you have done more damage than me lol

XDeathLordX (6:27:39 PM) 105 damage 1 kill after 5 shots in a tier 10 conq means you best leave it in the garage

SHOTTTS FIRED

Rubber_Sloth #17 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• 2850 battles

View PostBluefunk, on 13 August 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

Strange thing about blue tracers, I hear about it but I have never seen it while running minimal mods.

prompts me to try in training room and waste some apcr

SHOTTTS FIRED

Imaderpface #18 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• 9886 battles

View PostBluefunk, on 13 August 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Well, with the mods it is quite obvious who's using what shell type, however if you're really desperate, go slow-motion in the replay, I've heard that it gives off blue/thinner tracers from another post

I could also give a link to it if needed

Edited by Imaderpface, 13 August 2014 - 11:31 AM.

Derp.

StruggleSnuggle #19 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Corporal

• 5882 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE
Is there a mod out there that changes the HEAT fizzle to $$$ with corresponding sound fx? Because there needs to be one.

Cannot into lane management.

Skyguy7567 #20 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Major

• 9093 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostAdzo_, on 13 August 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

RIP tier 10 meds

Tier 10 meds don't have an AP counterpart to compare with. And other APCR as standard ammo too. So nothing's changed there.

View PostDeathskyz, on 13 August 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

I've brought this up in the past and all I got was "IRL, worst analogy ever" :sad:

View PostStruggleSnuggle, on 13 August 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Is there a mod out there that changes the HEAT fizzle to $$$ with corresponding sound fx? Because there needs to be one.

I'm thinking about the sounds coins make when coins are poured into another pile of coins. 

Do u even WoT m8?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users