Jump to content


Another suggestion to counter premium ammunition spam

gold ammo premium ammo noobs stat-padders

  • Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

Fendalton #181 Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

  • Member
  • 11116 battles
  • 5,593
  • [LUCK] LUCK
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

View PostEzz, on 15 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

 but i do kind of wonder what the game would be like if they took it out.

 

Fun?



Skyguy7567 #182 Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 9093 battles
  • 2,286
  • [BAMF] BAMF
  • Member since:
    01-20-2014

View PostStormtroop3r, on 17 August 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Also, Tiger II has bad armour, weak turret (very if you have a 122mm gun because of the roof), E-75 would be a better example.

 

I was thinking of the E-75, but I deleted it and replaced it with the tiger 2 instead. The E-75 is just too strong for good skillful angling. Most (Even unicum) E-75 drivers don't care and just brawl without much thinking when top tier.


Do u even WoT m8?


karl0ssus1 #183 Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 25138 battles
  • 7,251
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    12-16-2012

View PostSkyguy7567, on 18 August 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

 

I was thinking of the E-75, but I deleted it and replaced it with the tiger 2 instead. The E-75 is just too strong for good skillful angling. Most (Even unicum) E-75 drivers don't care and just brawl without much thinking when top tier.

120mm side armor is still something you need to think about, and in its context as a lane blocker or armored spearhead the E-75 needs to be angled properly and the player needs to be making constant adjustments to throw the other guy off. E-75s are actually highly maneuverable, so angling based on where the opponent is pointing the gun is quite viable and will mess up even tier X tds

 

The E-75 is all about skillful angling, you can angle it properly to be near invulnerable, or you can angle it poorly and get penned. The fact that it can bully lower tiers and be near invulnerable against them hardly puts it in a class of its own.


RIP DM, 2012~2014 


2nd_violation2000628385 #184 Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 72153 battles
  • 5,913
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
Side armour of E-75 very stronk - i don't need to thinking when top tier, except i'm dead now

SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R, ELC


Skyguy7567 #185 Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 9093 battles
  • 2,286
  • [BAMF] BAMF
  • Member since:
    01-20-2014

View Postkarl0ssus1, on 18 August 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

120mm side armor is still something you need to think about, and in its context as a lane blocker or armored spearhead the E-75 needs to be angled properly and the player needs to be making constant adjustments to throw the other guy off. E-75s are actually highly maneuverable, so angling based on where the opponent is pointing the gun is quite viable and will mess up even tier X tds

 

The E-75 is all about skillful angling, you can angle it properly to be near invulnerable, or you can angle it poorly and get penned. The fact that it can bully lower tiers and be near invulnerable against them hardly puts it in a class of its own.

 

Right. +1. Thx for correcting.

 

View Posttimwahoo, on 18 August 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Side armour of E-75 very stronk - i don't need to thinking when top tier, except i'm dead now

 

An E75 top tier heading towards you in line 1. You dead son.


Do u even WoT m8?


Steeltrap #186 Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 10788 battles
  • 5,666
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-18-2012

View Postkarl0ssus1, on 18 August 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

120mm side armor is still something you need to think about, and in its context as a lane blocker or armored spearhead the E-75 needs to be angled properly and the player needs to be making constant adjustments to throw the other guy off. E-75s are actually highly maneuverable, so angling based on where the opponent is pointing the gun is quite viable and will mess up even tier X tds

 

The E-75 is all about skillful angling, you can angle it properly to be near invulnerable, or you can angle it poorly and get penned. The fact that it can bully lower tiers and be near invulnerable against them hardly puts it in a class of its own.

 

The only issue I have with that is it's entirely possible to get penned in the side even at 70 degrees as most premmy rounds will go through the flat side armour if not at auto-bounce angle (i.e. 71 degrees). Used to happen to me frequently. In fact it doesn't even need to be premmy ammo with the pen on some tier 9-10 guns, but that will make it almost certain.

 

I remember playing mine in a plat with some fellow koalas and one who'd died watched me get penned that way and was amazed; he commented on TS he couldn't believe it went through at the angle I was showing.

E-100 is much tougher in that respect due to troll side skirts.


So long, and thanks for all the fish





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users