gold ammo premium ammo noobs stat-padders

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

Skyguy7567 #41 Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

Major

• 9093 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostWeebl1, on 13 August 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Players who 'spam' gold generally tend to not be stat paddlers, but scrubs with bad stats who think gold = auto penetrate. Padders will generally carry a healthy amount of gold so they can hurt targets that should have been taken out by their own teams high tiers but weren't because they are all huddled in the corner. People need to get over this fixation on gold being the only reason people win. It isn't. It helps good players still influence games in sub optimal tanks for the battles they are in, and it costs baddies lots if money and maybe gets them an pen they would have otherwise not got once every other game.

And then there's the tier 9 German Heavies. Even gold rounds im tier 7 HTs bounce off nearly 100% of the time.

Do u even WoT m8?

soulspectre #42 Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 48363 battles
Or as an alternative to nerfing gold rounds or players that use them, WG could start throwing bundles of money in to a pit and setting fire to it. The reason gold rounds are OP is so that WG can milk some money from the Pay to Win aspects of a Free to Play game. A reduction in gold round usage will equal a reduction in their profits. I wonder which employee will get the company bonus for that suggestion. If WG wanted to introduce a round with higher penetration they could have easily balanced it out with less damage. But of course that would make the ammunition much less appealing and thus they wouldn't be able to charge moneygold uncomfortably large amounts of credits for it.

RoachMartel #43 Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

Sergeant

• 19108 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA
Limiting the number of Premium rounds is the best option. Kinda like in the historical battles. Thats the only way to stop the "Spam". Dropping the Damage output is silly, since it just defeats the purpose of firing them in the first place. 

"Remember, Upon the conduct of EACH, depends the fate of ALL" - Alexander The Great

Odessus #44 Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• 9559 battles

Making any suggestions that will potentially decrease WG earnings are silly. It just won't happen. Period. Deal with it.

If I'm WG I'd retort by saying "then spam your own gold rounds" and help us make some money in the process. Done.

Steeltrap #45 Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 10788 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postsoulspectre, on 13 August 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Or as an alternative to nerfing gold rounds or players that use them, WG could start throwing bundles of money in to a pit and setting fire to it. The reason gold rounds are OP is so that WG can milk some money from the Pay to Win aspects of a Free to Play game. A reduction in gold round usage will equal a reduction in their profits. I wonder which employee will get the company bonus for that suggestion. If WG wanted to introduce a round with higher penetration they could have easily balanced it out with less damage. But of course that would make the ammunition much less appealing and thus they wouldn't be able to charge money gold uncomfortably large amounts of credits for it.

Sadly, this.

WG could care less about 'balance' unless it becomes so absurd half the player base is up in arms about it, as they were with the stupid 105mm HEAT spam.

To go even further, either they're shockingly inept when it comes to balance or they quite deliberately release new vehicles they know are marginally OP so people will pay to unlock 'free' exp. I'd be surprised if they don't have stats on the gold expenditure linked to the release of new lines of vehicles, especially those with an immediate rep of being wtfpwnlol. And if they don't, they should, because it could well point to balance issues.

But that would assume genuine balance is their primary aim, and that's a hard case to argue given how many poorly balanced vehicles have existed for so long (some OP, others UP) or been released in the last year.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

Zynth #46 Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25370 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Wargaming's OP new line marketting strategy!

1) Create new line, make it OP.

2) Introduce poorly performing tanks mid line.

3) People will rush to the new line using free exp and therefore, gold.

4) Those who attempt to manually grind meets a shitty mid tier (usually tier 7) and rages enough to buy gold and free exp it.

5) Buy that new gold plated toilet bowl for SerB's birthday.

6) Optional: Nerf said tier 10 of that line to stop people from crying.

Edited by Zynth, 13 August 2014 - 03:54 PM.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

Odessus #47 Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• 9559 battles

View PostZynth, on 13 August 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

4) Those who attempt to manually grind meets a shitty mid tier (usually tier 7) and rages enough to buy gold and free exp it.

About sums it up.

Skyguy7567 #48 Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Major

• 9093 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostZynth, on 13 August 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Well the French TD line isn't that new.

Do u even WoT m8?

Neo #49 Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 30312 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
Next will be the t8 us lt line :-P

Stoyak #50 Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18365 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostImaderpface, on 13 August 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

I dislike when tanks that should not have been able to penetrate me, penetrate me because they fire premium shells.

They used the tools available to them to pen you.  Therefore they damn well should pen you.

We all know gold rounds don't cost gold anymore right?

Bridgeburner "It's a well known fact amongst almost everyone in the EAST CW that another clan is driving GBH accounts for them during battle."
GeneralGrant "Some fight Clan Wars for gold and some for gudfites but some fight it to make creative shapes in the global map."

mttspiii #51 Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostStoyak, on 13 August 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

We all know gold rounds don't cost gold anymore right?

From what I see, they cost gaming skill instead. The more gold rounds fired the more they don't know where to aim or how to flank.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

ZULUL_Warrior #52 Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

Captain

• 57977 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostImaderpface, on 13 August 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Having recently getting killed by players running around with premium ammunition, I have decided to suggest something to counter the over usage of premium ammunition.

As many players stat pad using premium ammunition, like being able to penetrate tanks they shouldn't be able to, or being able to neglect weak spots, I have a probable solution for it.

so are u the almighty serb god?

get around with it, premium ammo can be bought with credits

i get hit by premium ammo almost every single game, learn to adapt 

Edited by crazib, 14 August 2014 - 06:32 AM.

Come visit my stream: twitch.tv/crazib

my replays thread

veegeetablee #53 Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 72225 battles

View Postcrazib, on 13 August 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

i get hit by premium ammo almost every single game, learn to adapt 

^

Eggzactly this.

Wanna know the true pain of gold ammo? Try being a target worth hitting.

SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R, ELC

reasnd #54 Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 37427 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS

One solution would be to increase the credit cost of Premium rounds. Now before everyone reminds me about how expensive they are at the moment think of it like this.

1) There is a general agreement that too many bads are exclusively using premium rounds.

2) Good players don't use a lot of premium.

3) Having access to premium, without paying real money / being in a gold paying clan, is good.

4) WG indirectly make money from people using premium rounds, even when they pay for them in silver.

So a marginal increase in the silver cost of premium rounds will not stop people from using them. However, I believe that less people will use them but the increased cost will offset the reduced use. So it's a win win situation.

OK now you can all let loose and show your real colours. How frequently do you really use premium rounds.

FeeTFooD #55 Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 26493 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Here's another suggestion,

Everyone has access to mods and premium ammo, if you don't like being spammed with premium ammo, spam it yourself. Same goes for mods, if you think mods are unfair because it gives people an advantage, use them yourself. Remember this is a game, folks. It is not real life and besides the visual models, many things are made inaccurate for the sake of balance. (I am grumpy today, messed up my left shoulder and can't raise my arm above the elbow. Panadeine forte here I come)

Edited by FeeTFooD, 14 August 2014 - 07:57 AM.

_MadCow_ #56 Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

First lieutenant

• 19899 battles
Premium ammo is used by both goods and bads, you only need to see the stat padding platoons of IS-6s going around firing nothing but sprem to realise that (They seem to often be guys from CNC i find..... or maybe thats just me). But realistically who cares, the inflated stats that person gets are not very realistic and if they go too high I just target them in my arty/TD whatever (that mind you does not overly influence my ammo choice as I try to base that on the enemy tank infront of me, the 'badness' of my team, the tank im driving etc etc.) The game is a commercial enterprise and WG need to make money somewhere, yes its free to play, but only upto certain limits. What would aid WG's coffers even more, and maybe stop all this wine tasting would be to have the premium armour modules as well. That way your super heavies etc have a counter in the true rock paper scissors fashion, people with premium ammo will have some benefits, but only if used correctly, and the counter to all this BS about sprem would be easy and to boost line WG's pockets even more. Seriously the whole premium ammo thing is getting very very boring now. Dont like it, fine just go spam it yourself in a paper thin tank and laugh while they spend buckets shooting you (or trying to shoot you) while your shells effortlessly turn em into swiss cheese...

Fendalton #57 Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11283 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

I still reckon that APCR should have a higher pen but lower damage than a standard AP round.

There is no logical reason why an APCR and AP round does exactly the same damage.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #58 Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
There is no reason for 105mm to do 400 damage either, but that's just my opinion.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Steeltrap #59 Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 10788 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_MadCow_, on 14 August 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Premium ammo is used by both goods and bads, you only need to see the stat padding platoons of IS-6s going around firing nothing but sprem to realise that (They seem to often be guys from CNC i find..... or maybe thats just me). But realistically who cares, the inflated stats that person gets are not very realistic and if they go too high I just target them in my arty/TD whatever (that mind you does not overly influence my ammo choice as I try to base that on the enemy tank infront of me, the 'badness' of my team, the tank im driving etc etc.) The game is a commercial enterprise and WG need to make money somewhere, yes its free to play, but only upto certain limits. What would aid WG's coffers even more, and maybe stop all this wine tasting would be to have the premium armour modules as well. That way your super heavies etc have a counter in the true rock paper scissors fashion, people with premium ammo will have some benefits, but only if used correctly, and the counter to all this BS about sprem would be easy and to boost line WG's pockets even more. Seriously the whole premium ammo thing is getting very very boring now. Dont like it, fine just go spam it yourself in a paper thin tank and laugh while they spend buckets shooting you (or trying to shoot you) while your shells effortlessly turn em into swiss cheese...

It kind of gets equally tiresome being told that anyone who questions the effects of 'unlimited' gold ammo is whining etc etc.

I got told the same thing about the thousands of posts I made about MM back in the days. 

I got the same when I told arty players if their only answer to seemingly legitimate concerns about arty was 'qq more' and other childishness was that WG eventually would nerf it substantially. When they did, and arty players suddenly were the ones 'qq-ing', it was a struggle not to feel a little smug about it to be frank.

Gold ammo, to be blunt, does NOT affect all players equally. In essence it's a buff to vehicles whose primary defence is not being hit (because they won't bounce AP, let alone gold, as you have said) and whose supposed penalty for that mobility is less pen. They don't magically get less mobile, but the vehicles who are less mobile as a penalty for lots of supposedly effective armour didn't magically become more mobile as compensation for the fact that people who normally wouldn't pen them frontally now can, or at least have a reasonable chance to do so.

If WG implements changes that don't affect all vehicles equally, why shouldn't people raise questions about it? Either we can agree the reason the change was made was to bring some aspect of the vehicles affected closer to 'balance', such as specific vehicle nerfs or whole classes like arty and the recent changes to TD camo when firing, or we can question why the change was needed at all.

Yes I know all too well there are those who say bads will be bad even if gold ammo were removed (not that I've ever said that should happen) because they will still sit in front of things shooting at them, the difference will be they won't do any damage. But, frankly, if people want to sit in front of something they can't hurt, personally I'd prefer it if they DID achieve BA because the whole point of vehicles having different characteristics is those who don't learn them should remain largely ineffective.

Or do we all think it's a great idea if the game devolves to the bulk of people simply spamming gold at anything as soon as they see it? Somewhat ironic if it turns a high proportion of the player base into unthinking clickers. Wasn't that the main complaint about the numbers and effectiveness of arty originally?

I'd still like to see them capped as a certain multiple of your own health. I suppose I could go with 'gold armour' as a counter, although that would get a bit silly for other reasons.

View PostFendalton, on 14 August 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

I still reckon that APCR should have a higher pen but lower damage than a standard AP round.

There is no logical reason why an APCR and AP round does exactly the same damage.

There's no logical reason why tanks have 'health' other than the fact this is a game and it's an important tool WG uses for balance as they see it. Once you accept that, everything else follows.

Cheers

p.s. sorry to hear about the shoulder, FeeT.

Edited by Steeltrap, 14 August 2014 - 08:57 AM.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

reasnd #60 Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 37427 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS

Although FeeTFooD may be a little flamboyant in his post, I agree. It's a game play it for fun, and laugh at those gold spammers. My standard response to being hit in my E-25 with gold.

"CR :)"

Besides I'd rather you shoot premium in these cases, it will bounce more reliably.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users