mod mordd m0rdd mod pack reticle panel xvm J1mB0 8.11 locastan

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

M0rdd #1 Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12320 battles

POPULAR

Now 8.11 compatible!! ~ Updated 27th February 2014 (pack v.11.x / game version 8.11)

Had trouble getting XVM mod working or need some good mods in general to use and not sure which to pick or how to install them? These mod packs are designed to make life easier for you by bundling together different mods into packs for you to choose from!

* IF YOU LIKE MY MOD PACK(S), PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN ARROW AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST, TA

LAST UPDATED:

Spoiler

None of these mods are made by me, this is a collection of mods that I like to use together - original names of the mods are listed below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The packs consists of:
1. XVM Mod 5.1.0 - Efficiency stats / Clan icons / custom OverTargetMarkers w/ Win Rating.
2. J1mB0's Crosshair Mod - A popular reticle mod that replaces the default reticle, see pictures.
3. Damage Panel by Demole_s - Enhances the original damage panel, lots of new features.
4. Hit log panel - adds hit log to damage taken list and enhances the XVM OTM.
5. Scope Shadow Remover - by Locastan, removes the black scope when in TD mode.
6. Minimap by Locastan/Artasan - enchances the default minimap with view & spotting ranges.
7. Radial Menu by Locastan - enhances the default radial menu look and textual options.
8. Sniper Zoom Out by Artasan - adds a 2x/4x/8x/16x zoom options to enhance zooming out.
9. Accurate Damage Indicator - shows much more clearly where damage is coming from.
10. Visible Rail Carts - adds yellow warning symbols to side of low rail carts for better visibility.
11. Gold Premium Tanks - makes your premium tanks in garage gold colour for easier searching.
12. Save Password - adds check box option to save password on login to client.
13. Coloured Battle Results by Locastan - adds colouring to the results list in the bottom right corner.
14. Vertical Tech Tree - changes tech tree back to "classic" style with vertical arrangement. **

15. Realistic Gun Sounds by HRMOD - adds realistic and more dynamic gun sounds. **
* = optional download seperate to the main pack

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOADS

* Mod Pack 1 (v 11.0) - All mods (except VTT & RGS). (30MB)
* Vertical Tech Tree - optional download for those who prefer it.

* Realistic Gun Sounds - optional download for those who prefer it.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Delete the existing "0.8.x" folder in your "World of Tanks\res_mods" as some files may have been removed in the update!

2. Extract the mod zip file into your "World of Tanks" folder (say "yes" to replace any existing folders if needed).

Not using the optional mods? Then you are all done, otherwise also do:

3. Then run the setup file for the Vertical Tech Tree if using that mod.

4. Extract the Realistic Gun Sounds zip file to your "World of Tanks" folder if using that mod.

Screenshots - Version 8.11 (coming soon!):

Edited by Tanitha, 27 February 2014 - 09:56 AM.

FREE 20 slot Teamspeak servers (AU/NZ only) or Very Low Cost 40, 60, 80 or 100 slot Teamspeak

servers (anyone), or FREE 50 slot Mumble servers (anyone) available. **CLICK HERE FOR INFO!**

mikmac68 #2 Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34084 battles
  • [RATS] RATS
Thanks for sharing M0rdd

Error417 #3 Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 37403 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
Cheers mate. Thanks for this.

Is this the 5 minute argument or the full 1/2 hour?

Where the river bends, blind men fall in....
SEA Signature Here

jpkiwi #4 Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 21354 battles
  • [T-C] T-C
Thx mate, great post.

History is the most dangerous product ever concocted by the chemistry of the intellect. It causes dreams, inebriates nations, saddles them with false memories … keeps their old sores running, torments them when they are not at rest, and induces in them megalomania and the mania of persecution.

Hazza #5 Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20179 battles
  • [RSM] RSM
Thanks M0rdd...+1 for you sir.

Skyl #6 Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 7317 battles
  • [AMG] AMG
very nice :Smile_Default: thanks for sharing the info :Smile_honoring:

Aussienator #7 Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 18013 battles
MOrdds the Man!

M0rdd #8 Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12320 battles
True credit goes to the ppl who made each mod, I just try to make life easier by making available the mods I use (because im addicted to my mods) so that others can avoid having to try out and install mods 1 by 1 themself. I generally test out multiple new mods each patch to see which I think is the best for each type, then update the packs as required, but if an old mod works fine in the new version I do tend to keep it unless something really better has come along.

As for 8.0 updating XVm was a no-brainer, and the packs include the new 3.0.1 version of XVm which fixes the problems with the 3.0.0 version that was initially out. Other than that im very surprised but happy that all the old mods (except tactical tablet) work in 8.0, that gives me plenty of time to test new 8.0 mods as they come out and see if I want to replace any of the existing mods, but meantime keep going exactly like I am used to.

As for the mods themself, XVM has stats, custom OTM settings I update each new mod version of XVM (shows clan icon and XVM % over tanks by default plus some other tweaks) and the clan icons which I love. The reticle mod includes arty timing functionality like the old DAR mod but without a lot of the extra less used stuff like elevation (i found i could live without the extra stuff fine) - the main thing for me is the dynanic calculation of shell travel time and that works perfect with no need to change your arty setting ever unlike DAR. The panel mod works well w/out being overly fancy and my favourite feature of it is the customised 50pt font that displays with it when your tank is on fire, and unlike previous updates when the crew/modules damage has not displayed properly on panel mods i've used before after a the new patch - with 8.0 this appears to still function perfect in this mod which is a surprise but great. The other mods like the minimpa mod, the scope remover and the damage indicator I used to offer as seperate downloads but they were so popular and so useful i ended up just including them by default, leaving ppl with the option of not usinv XVM, the Reticle mod or the Panel mod if they had a different mod they prefer but like the rest still.

Questions / feedback / etc... are all welcome, I will update this thread from now on although in about a weeks time i am going to be away from game for 3 months approx, so during that time hopefully the mods just keep working whatever I have in the pack before I go afk, that gives me a week to test any new mods in the meantime, therwise the old ones all work fine for the moment anyway. Thanks for the comments guys, a lot of 1AR members get use oout of this so I thought I would finally share it with SEA since we have a mod section now.

FREE 20 slot Teamspeak servers (AU/NZ only) or Very Low Cost 40, 60, 80 or 100 slot Teamspeak

servers (anyone), or FREE 50 slot Mumble servers (anyone) available. **CLICK HERE FOR INFO!**

Emmerich #9 Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 7768 battles
+1'ed. Thanks for the share...

- If you see me in battle, don't bother. I'm a lost kid. -
PM me if you need a help or friend, I have that much time. Signature lines under construction. ~Ciao

Zaeon #10 Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 23808 battles
  • [RPS] RPS
same here dude, a hero to mod users (+1)

Edited by Zaeon, 28 September 2012 - 02:33 AM.

"Reign in hell or serve in heaven"

Brannor #11 Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Captain

• 12604 battles
The mini map mod does adjust the lettering when you change its sizing. Otherwise all good.

-G

Koala_Killer #12 Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 4681 battles
Unfortunately I can't get them to work on mine. I used [Team] Nitro's J1mB0 Crosshair Mod before 8.0 w/o a problem but I can't get any mods to work since the update. Any advice appreciated. :)

Riddick #13 Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 23971 battles
XVM doesn't show stats atm? Seems its broken, also the minimap is missing lettering, they appear there but inside the map somehow, seems you must set it to MICRO size to see the A B C D .....?

paskal #14 Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 15433 battles
  • [MBT] MBT
Demole_s Damage Panel mod - do you having problem typing in chatbox while using this mod? coz i do, and i had to use Rabbit's damage panel..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> . <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

M0rdd #15 Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12320 battles
To try and answer the questions:

* XVM - I am still on the NA server atm, and it is working 100% for me on that server, full stats and all, I cannot comment on the SEA server itself but it should be working fine on SEA as well.

* Minimap mod resizing - hadn't noticed myself but I will test this, also looking for an updated version, if you want to get rid of it for some reason just delete "minimap.swf" from the 0.8.0/res_mods/gui/flash folder.

* I haven't noticed any issues typing in chat, nor has anyone else reported issues with this in my clan so far, can you try deleting "BattleMessenger.swf" from the 0.8.0/res_mods/gui/flash folder and tell me if this makes a difference, this is the file that controls the chat. Alternately try taking the "BattleMessenger.swf" from another "8.0" panel mod and replacing the one from my pack, and see if that works, let me know what you can figure out.

* Theres an update 36hrs ago for the Demole_s Damage Panel, im about to test this and will update the packs if it's working fine, this might solve the chat issue you are having paskal.

* I am testing a couple of others new "8.0" mods but nothing I really like so far, anyone got any suggestions for additions / replacements for the pack please post them here.

M0rdd #16 Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12320 battles
UPDATES!!!

* Packs have been updated with the following changes:
- XMV updated to 3.0.2 to bring up to latest version
- Demole-s Damage Panel updated to latest version
- Accurate Damage Indicator mod removed due to not working in 8.0
- Minimap mod removed and made seperate download due to some issues

If you already installed the pack, you will need to download the new version from the link in the OP (plus the proxy files if using a pack with XVM) - it is recommended you DELETE ALL FILES in your res_mods/gui/flash folder BEFORE installing the new pack if you already had it installed due to the significant changes made to the files in the pack including the removal of some files.

* OP has been updated with screenshots from 8.0!!

Keira_C #17 Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 6056 battles
Thanks M0rdd!

NZ Army IEDD/EOD - Its not a job, its a blast!

mikmac68 #18 Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34084 battles
  • [RATS] RATS
Thanks again M0rrd, plus 1'd ya :Smile_great:

Koala_Killer #19 Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 4681 battles
Thanks. Now got it working. :Smile_Default:

dead_man_walking #20 Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20387 battles
  • [-NRD-] -NRD-
Nice work Morrd.

I've only found 3 problems:

1.  XVM SEA doesnt give player stats (3.0.2) but works on NA - I'm tipping this is server specific (it does give win rate %).
2.  A-G on mini map (not a big one by now you should know A at the bottom, G at the top).  (original pack)
3.  Ghost riding is broken - for some reason I can't ghost ride other tanks when dead??

Cheers,

Dead

edit - found problem with ghost riding - was my server side reticle mode (gives you both the blue and green)
Here's the updated link for those that use that mod for 8.0
http://www.mediafire...b93duybzc1ezk8p

Edited by dead_man_walking, 02 October 2012 - 09:13 AM.

Also tagged with mod, mordd, m0rdd, mod pack, reticle, panel, xvm, J1mB0, 8.11, locastan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users