Med vs Champ vs Abs SH battles

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

karl0ssus1 #21 Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post__Minion__, on 03 September 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

Realistic? / Unrealistic? / Flight plan lodged; pigs fueled and ready for take-off?

Unrealistic. I get the feeling WG is banking on us using the top tier rewards to bankroll playing our top tier tanks.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

phutev #22 Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• 23523 battles

I would say that these are the following factors, versus Medium level:

Champions:

At tier 8 level tank microplay is far more important than it is than tier 6 - that is the player skills often determine the success or failure of a given tactic. The reason seems to be that the Tier 8 tanks push extreme characteristics moreso than those of Tier 6 - on the other sense, you could say that Tier 6 is also more happy-go-lucky with instagib mode tank KV-2 and the 2 shot you're out KV-1S.

Absolutes:

Large teams are required, and relatively small payback

The odd tiers (7 and 9) could be nice for a change, alternatively mixed tier profiles like HB to force some more creativity in combinations.

Edited by phutev, 04 September 2014 - 11:29 PM.

Minion__ #23 Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

Guff Shill

• 10514 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

Was just watching (with English subtitles) KTTC #24 and where Alexander Kurgan discusses the upcoming Legionaries/Mercenaries feature in Strongholds, it occurred to me that this may make it easier for clans to use members from sub/sister clans to field champion detachments.

"Bad@tonks, meh@lyfe, long of tooth"

Thingol #24 Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

Captain

• 14958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I would love to see some stats on numbers of skirmishes at different levels.
You can bet that WG has this data.

I would expect that mediums would be the vast majority of games right now, and I do believe this will be detrimental in the longer term.

I don't think the stronger clans go there for the joy of roflstomping the weaker clans, that would just get boring.

But unfortunately the rewards and the economics don't make anything else worthwhile.

You can play mediums all evening and not lose money and grind the fastest RP.

Playing higher tiers you can lose a lot of money and also earn RP more slowly....

That's just broken.

karl0ssus1 #25 Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostThingol, on 06 September 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

I would love to see some stats on numbers of skirmishes at different levels.
You can bet that WG has this data.

I would expect that mediums would be the vast majority of games right now, and I do believe this will be detrimental in the longer term.

I don't think the stronger clans go there for the joy of roflstomping the weaker clans, that would just get boring.

But unfortunately the rewards and the economics don't make anything else worthwhile.

Playing higher tiers you can lose a lot of money and also earn RP more slowly....

That's just broken.

In the first couple of weeks of stronks, our server apparently had more Absolute companies going then NA did. Unsure if thats remained true since then, but low numbers on all servers wouldnt really surprise me.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

Minion__ #26 Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

Guff Shill

• 10514 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

View PostThingol, on 06 September 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

View Postkarl0ssus1, on 06 September 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

In the first couple of weeks of stronks, our server apparently had more Absolute companies going then NA did. Unsure if thats remained true since then, but low numbers on all servers wouldnt really surprise me.

Youse clam wares clams, punching above your weight :veryhappy:

Am interested to see how the proposed SH tweakings work. I'm not sufficiently immersed in the minimaxing aspect of this play, to get a handle on the grist of  what Alexander Kurgan  said an/or implied in the KKTC vid.

"Bad@tonks, meh@lyfe, long of tooth"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users