Current Vs New tier 8 Lights

WZ132 AMX13-90 New Light Tanks tier 8

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Ezz #41 Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Posttimwahoo, on 30 September 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

lol yeh, thats a bit of a downer for the lightweight

Not pictured... T44... with better camo. Mahahaha.

Edited by Ezz, 30 September 2014 - 12:57 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #42 Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:57 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73657 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

There it is conclusive, T-54L will suck.

Maybe I'll just use LTTB for tier 8 fights. (950HP, for comparison WZ-132 has 1050)

Ezz #43 Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBluefunk, on 30 September 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

There it is conclusive, T-54L will suck.

Maybe I'll just use LTTB for tier 8 fights. (950HP, for comparison WZ-132 has 1050)

There's an element to this release of lights that suggest they may be going for content rather than balance. Yes we should wait for some stats to start filtering out. But there certainly seem to be some oddities in terms of what most would think is balanced.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

veegeetablee #44 Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 72153 battles

View PostEzz, on 30 September 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

There's an element to this release of lights that suggest they may be going for content rather than balance. Yes we should wait for some stats to start filtering out. But there certainly seem to be some oddities in terms of what most would think is balanced.

Absolutely, from what I read ages ago the soviet tier 7 and 8 are basically made up or have been shoe-horned into their tiers regardless of whether it made sense or not.

SOLOPUBE. 3 MoE: T54E1, Lowe, FV4202, M46KR, IS-2, AMX M4 45, FV201, Panther M10, ARL 44, Heavy Tank VI, VK 30.01 D, Excelsior, Renault G1R, ELC

Ezz #45 Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Posttimwahoo, on 30 September 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

Absolutely, from what I read ages ago the soviet tier 7 and 8 are basically made up or have been shoe-horned into their tiers regardless of whether it made sense or not.

The LTTB vs Aufl side by side is rather humourous.

Pretty much everything is significantly in favour of the LTTB - the exceptions being gun depression and rammability... DPM advantage i'd say would be largely negated by the pen diff.

Edited by Ezz, 30 September 2014 - 01:23 PM.

_Aigis_ #46 Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

The Big 7

• Beta-Tester
  • 8790 battles
So T-54L does not have LT camo bonus? lol

Edited by IJN_Nagato, 30 September 2014 - 01:41 PM.

Ezz #47 Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostIJN_Nagato, on 30 September 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

So T-54L does not have LT camp bonus? lol

Again, this is based on one source, but certainly it's an oddity. More amusingly it appears both the T44 and T54 (beast version) appear to have better camo than it. I would like to see another site for verification, but oh well. I could understand it getting the same camo as the T54 given they would be almost identical - but getting worse camo is a bit of a #WGLogic.

_MadCow_ #48 Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

First lieutenant

• 19899 battles
wow thats odd for the t-54L..... but there has to be something which is a downside about the damn thing! Im surprised by the ru251 having such a good camo rating as the thing (now that i have it) is damn huge for a light tank... albiet kinda squashed flat leopard-like. The big drawback I have noticed about the ru251 so far compared to my wz-132 is the size, slow traverse at speed, mildly sluggish acceleration (but hey its still not that bad either), it has a farily new crew ( only just got 6th sense in it... very seriously tempted to swap my waffle e100 crew to it which has nearly got its 5th skill set.), and the shell velocity of that 90mm gun is omg almost howitzer territory........ (is it a howitzer?... almost). The 100mm pen on the HE is fun though, until it hits tracks and does only 70hp dmg and then its like oh fark!..... essentially i still feel wz-132 is a good tank, but for the rof..... but omg its much easier it feels to lead targets with either the 85mm or 100mm in that thing. Havent bothered with the american or russian one yet as too many other grinds going on with not enough time.

mttspiii #49 Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31086 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

WG probably copy-pasted T-54L's premium MT stats into the LT and forgot to adjust camo.

I'm guessing that to save weight, the T-54L's designers removed the stronk Soviet cloaking device that the T-54 (and 704, and 268) had.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Ottomatic_Reiffel #50 Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

SealClub Number 6

• Beta-Tester
  • 24192 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Very unusual for a light tank to have differing camo like that. I know there's a Russian spreadsheet around that updates their camo values quite often, but can't remember where it is.

See no bots, hear no bots, speak not about bots

WoT's most dedicated players

Splattimus #51 Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24987 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

The thing I have noticed since the patch is before the patch MT-25 was just a normal everyday Light Tank. Post patch MT-25 has had the optional drift kit enabled. Seriously, half the time the damn thing is sideways, and bouncing off buildings seems to be the only way to get the damn thing to turn... Makes it a damn hard target, trying to figure out which way its headed so you can lead the shot. "Its coming right for us... No, it just hit the building to its left..."

WZ13_, Recon/Alphabet Panther, AMX 13-__ have always had a strange relationship with the idea of "scout". They're not all swift, small or particularly hard to see or shoot. Some have more firepower than the mediums around them. I would not have been surprised if the Recon/Alphabet Panther had the same Match Making as its Tier 7 Medium cousin. What it gave up on DPS and Pen it seemed to gain in speed, and the Light Tank bonus really made little difference (You have the stationary camo value of a beached whale while moving, yay!). I always played it like a Panther with crappy Match Making, and better ability to get to that flanking site. An AMX which spends the match driving around like a loon and does not shoot does its team a huge disservice. And the WZ tends to be a good scout only when terrain can be abused (It wallows, it does not weave, so if you get spotted, you need to be able to put tonnes of dirt between you and those who have spotted you immediately, or else you're dead), otherwise its better as a flanker hiding among the Mediums.

To me, the New German Tier 8 just sounded like "We found a pre-prototype Leopard, so we'll just label this one 'Light', which we probably should have done to the rest realistically, a Prototype T-54 where they striped some Armour off it, so its 'light'er, we'll give it a crappier gun so it fits better a tier down". I wouldn't be surprised if at some later date, either all light tanks get a "balance" and lose their MM'ing to be just another play style option, or get moved up one tier and left as they are with a minor buff to some, and we lose the whole "Light Tanks ARE Scouts".

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

DumbotheDarkWizard #52 Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

So Awesome

• 11001 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
@splat, they have confirmed view range of all tanks except lights are going to be nerfed in the near future.

neokai #53 Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 40781 battles

View PostDumbo_is_Awesome, on 05 October 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

@splat, they have confirmed view range of all tanks except lights are going to be nerfed in the near future.

It was bound to happen, high tier mediums and even some heavies have maxed out base view range as it is. Tier 6 has some nice differentiation between the various classes, which could serve as a reference for vision balancing.
Spoiler

Splattimus #54 Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24987 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostDumbo_is_Awesome, on 05 October 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

I'd say I always found that fact amusing, except I figured it out AFTER grinding 3 "Top Tier" light tanks after which is wasn't quite so funny. What exactly was the point of having something that was harder to see, but blind enough to blow that advantage v's top tier tanks which had awesome vision range? Still, from what I've seen, the Light Tanks don't seem to be particularly "scoutish". In fact in most cases I'd say they're almost Medium Tank Wannabe's, and when you look at some of the Tier 10 Mediums, some of them really could be relabeled "Light" and not appear to change at all.

I guess it all comes down to definition. Is Light a weight characteristic, and Armour characteristic or the fact its harder to see while scooting around? I can't see how a Recon Panther could be much harder to see than a standard Panther, let alone something like a T-54, and the T-54 Light can't be that much more difficult to see than what appears to be an identical sized tank with slightly more armour and a better gun.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users