Are pubbies getting worse recently?

lemmings muppets

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
441 replies to this topic

Poll: Are pubbies getting worse!?! (208 members have cast votes)

Do you think the average player skill is getting worse on this server?

1. Yes (104 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (35 votes [16.83%])

Percentage of vote: 16.83%

3. About the same as always... (69 votes [33.17%])

Percentage of vote: 33.17%

Do you find getting a win in a pub battle when running solo is getting harder?

1. Yes (128 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

2. No (36 votes [17.31%])

Percentage of vote: 17.31%

3. About the same... (44 votes [21.15%])

Percentage of vote: 21.15%

Have recent updates removing trees and altering maps ruined the gameplay of TD's?

1. Yes (66 votes [31.73%])

Percentage of vote: 31.73%

2. No (93 votes [44.71%])

Percentage of vote: 44.71%

3. Of course, the game is slowly getting ruined to suit the tomatoes.... (49 votes [23.56%])

Percentage of vote: 23.56%

Vote Hide poll

SaltyPigLord #1 Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 30590 battles

Hey fellow tankers,

Now I'm only an average skilled player myself, I'm not trying to talk myself up or anything but I've been finding it harder and harder to manage a good session of battles in recent weeks/months.

Due to my working hours, I'm usually only online when 99% of my clan members are offline so I run solo in the pubbies which at the best of times is frustrating, but recently it feels like teams are getting worse and that the average team is filled with tomatoes and oranges and afk'ers that seem to think the aim of the game is to rush off in a lemming train and die with zero damage in the first 5 minutes.... If it happens every now and then it's ok, but when it's battle after battle of the same rubbish teams, I can't help but to start raging and just end up losing it!!

For example yesterday, in one session I played 25 games and managed 5 wins, yet I managed to be in the top 5 players in every single battle, managed a handful of top guns, high calibers...etc heaps of kills and heaps of damage, yet constantly lost because the muppets on my team would all die in the first 5 minutes or would charge off across the map and then sit there ignoring the enemy sitting on the cap and ignoring repeated calls in chat and clicks on the map to make them aware, yet they just keep sitting there in their T29 with the stock gun firing HE rounds at the front armour of a KV-5 or something equally pathetic...seriosuly wth is wrong with these people!?! :ohmy:

I try hard to improve my gameplay and stats, yet my wr is going backwards lately... so is it just me being a scrub or are teams really bad lately?

Oh and on another frustrating topic, in my past 20 battles in an spg, 17 have been on Himmelsdorf, like seriously...have I upset you MM??

[end rant]

Ezz #2 Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
In general terms your win rate is how well you perform relative to the average pubbie. Hence if it is going down it implies either you've got worse, or the average pubbie has gotten better.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

necron7894 #3 Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:35 AM

Corporal

• 4976 battles

i feel ya man, for me, roughly 87% of my battles are with red's, usually only having 1 or 2 greens. currently grinding my T28, i'l find my self constantly out match due to my team mates running off and getting them self's killed, leaving me to defend for myself. had a game yesterday where a member of my team was raging at me cause i spent all game at base,:izmena: this was on defense on kareliak, regardless, i got topgun and he died not even 2 mins into the game. :medal:

reply to Ezz: you would be correct in saying that win rate is how good you are, but can u really help if your team runs off and gets killed, leaving you to defend a point against 3+ tanks. possible, if u know what your doing. :hiding:

P.S. strutter1982: i be-leave  i was in most of your games yesterday being only in the T28 yesterday, i understand, i do be-leave i remember you shooting me in arty :arta:.

anyways, GG

Edit: if your looking for a platoon mate, im usually on throughout the day, decent states if you wanted to know.

Edited by necron7894, 09 September 2014 - 05:44 AM.

Xemo_ #4 Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:36 AM

Private

• 10907 battles

Yeah, especially at the lower tiers, for instance, I had to play eighteen battles in my luchs yesterday just to get my daily triple

_stevethegecko_ #5 Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:39 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The average pubby is actually getting better. A long time e-friend of mine took some time off tanks and recently came back. Rather than scream, yell and curse at finding it harder to win, he realised that the average pubby has actually gotten better.

If you're finding it harder to win, maybe you're the one who isn't adapting.

kilig ako

Politx_killer #6 Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The higher tiers are become slightly more skilled. Had a tier 10 match where 6 tier 10 meds and me formed a wolfpack and just owned. 4 of them where under 49% w/r.. but showed some skill and communication. 

Forever duelling with pistols for Reaps hat collection.

Also just for Feet

_stevethegecko_ #7 Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPolitx_killer, on 09 September 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

The higher tiers are become slightly more skilled. Had a tier 10 match where 6 tier 10 meds and me formed a wolfpack and just owned. 4 of them where under 49% w/r.. but showed some skill and communication. 

I had one battle in my FV4202 where I got one shot by a clicker after only getting one shot off. We were down by 3 at that stage, so I raged back to garage and loaded up my 215b. When the 215b battle was won, I looked at the results for the 4202 game and it was a win. Considering that the 4202 game had more greens and reals than my own, my team pulled a miracle win out if somewhere.

kilig ako

swingshift #8 Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 30142 battles

1982 instead of '78? 

(Sig deleted due to BOT reference)

_stevethegecko_ #9 Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Biased poll is getting all the deniers to vote, which is a shame.

If the average pubby was getting worse, above average and good players in the long run should be finding battles easier to carry. However, if above average players are finding it harder to carry and are getting win % drops, this would indicate that average player skill is actually on the rise, as the average pubby is developing more skill. Make sense?

kilig ako

reasnd #10 Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 40783 battles
  • [BAWLS] BAWLS

I agree with, Ezz. If your win rate is down it's probably a sign that you need to adapt your game to suit the players around you. Not wanting to put you down but if you are any good it's not that hard to collect high achievements compared to a team that fails. I'd have a look at the replays of your games if I was you and try to pinpoint the critical times where you should have done something differently that would support the team. Learn from these moments and use the experience to change the outcome of the game. Regardless of the player skill level over time statistics will show you how well you are contributing to the win.

This isn't to say that you are a bad player, my though is that you are not. But this game relies on team work and a really good player can identify the teams weakness and find a role to fill. I'd say that your problem lies in your situational awareness, something that you can work on.

Good luck.

Rainbow_Cat #11 Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:44 AM

First lieutenant

• 30080 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
Voted no to all.
Pubbies are getting a bit better.
Solo is either the same or better.
TDs are fine they just have to put more thought into where they deploy.
OP you could be on a tilt. MM just decides to shaft you for a few days or even weeks. Happens to everyone, either find a plat, only play tanks you are very confortable with or take a break from the game.

R A I N B O W

Schtibal #12 Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:44 AM

First lieutenant

• 24980 battles

View PostStrutter1982, on 09 September 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

For example yesterday, in one session I played 25 games and managed 5 wins, yet I managed to be in the top 5 players in every single battle, managed a handful of top guns, high calibers...etc heaps of kills and heaps of damage, yet constantly lost because the muppets on my team 

So according to wotlabs, your past 24 hours shows 79 battles, with a 48.1% win rate. That means two things to me.

1. Your win rate for the day is average for the server (but below your overall). So, you had a bad day. Stats average out over time, and one day is not long enough.

2. You have selective memory, remembering only the bad battles, and not the good ones.

Get over it.

Edited by Schtibal, 09 September 2014 - 06:45 AM.

_stevethegecko_ #13 Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRainbow_Cat, on 09 September 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

Voted no to all.
Pubbies are getting a bit better.
Solo is either the same or better.
TDs are fine they just have to put more thought into where they deploy.
OP you could be on a tilt. MM just decides to shaft you for a few days or even weeks. Happens to everyone, either find a plat, only play tanks you are very confortable with or take a break from the game.

Compare my 7 day to 24hr and 30 day. I had a shocker last Tuesday, but I've been playing very consistantly over the last. 39 days and 1000 battles. Tilt happens, and the average pubby is improving.

kilig ako

Pinnacul #14 Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:45 AM

First lieutenant

• 14422 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
While playing over the weekend I was thinking that the player base is getting better. This might just be a consequence of the medium mission which is encouraging quick and dynamic game play. I did not see too much static play and one-on-one play against tomatoes is not the guaranteed win it once was.

Stoyak #15 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18719 battles
  • [ANUB] ANUB

Mmm, I don't the skill level or situational awareness of the pubbies are necessarily increasing. I also don't think that if that were the case it would make carrying harder.

In my opinion the increased difficulty in carrying stems from the high amount of randomness and unpredictability by our servers high tier pubs. Ease of carry is related to having a team and enemy that you can understand, predict and somewhat rely on.

This is basically why Barks_Internally (NA Unicum doing a reroll challenge) gave up on the SEA server after 1k games.

View PostEzz, on 09 September 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

In general terms your win rate is how well you perform relative to the average pubbie. Hence if it is going down it implies either you've got worse, or the average pubbie has gotten better.

There is the other side though.  Win rate extremes (high and low) can be constricted by certain things as well.  Personally what I wrote above is what I think happens on this server.  Basically unicums just have a more difficult time influencing the game when there are so many randoms and unpredictables.  More specifically, I find generally that survival rate is the key to a high win rate on this server where as on NA for example it matters FAAAAR less to unidom.

Edited by Stoyak, 09 September 2014 - 08:05 AM.

Bridgeburner "It's a well known fact amongst almost everyone in the EAST CW that another clan is driving GBH accounts for them during battle."
GeneralGrant "Some fight Clan Wars for gold and some for gudfites but some fight it to make creative shapes in the global map."

StormCrowReaperManyHat #16 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

Ammo Racked IRL

• Beta-Tester
  • 22803 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFeeTFooD, on 09 September 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

The average pubby is actually getting better. A long time e-friend of mine took some time off tanks and recently came back. Rather than scream, yell and curse at finding it harder to win, he realised that the average pubby has actually gotten better.

If you're finding it harder to win, maybe you're the one who isn't adapting.

FG_ says shucks if you mean him, he love you long time too, e-friend. If not, he said prepare to be trolled on fb.

The average player in randoms is getting better, it is more noticeable the higher tier you go.

signature.png

@ Stoyak - I tend to agree with you, in a random both teams are completely unpredictable. On the plus, it teaches us to remain flexible.

Edited by StormCrowReaperManyHat, 09 September 2014 - 08:02 AM.

Outrage is too exhausting to maintain for years on end. Numpty fatigue has set in.

The rage of 2013/2014 has sullenly ceded ground to apathy and despair, there is no viable alternative.

#FreeFireGuard2k13

Ezz #17 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostStoyak, on 09 September 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

This is basically why Barks_Internally (NA Unicum doing a reroll challenge) gave up on the SEA server after 1k games.

What were the results?

Edited by Ezz, 09 September 2014 - 08:02 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

StormCrowReaperManyHat #18 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

Ammo Racked IRL

• Beta-Tester
  • 22803 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
That freaky moment when you look at Ezz's avatar and it fkn moves its head to look at you.

Outrage is too exhausting to maintain for years on end. Numpty fatigue has set in.

The rage of 2013/2014 has sullenly ceded ground to apathy and despair, there is no viable alternative.

#FreeFireGuard2k13

_stevethegecko_ #19 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostStormCrowReaperManyHat, on 09 September 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

That freaky moment when you look at Ezz's avatar and it fkn moves its head to look at you.

Reaps can you let FG know I meant him?

My avatar is my reaction to the quoted post.

kilig ako

Politx_killer #20 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostStormCrowReaperManyHat, on 09 September 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

FG_ says shucks if you mean him, he love you long time too, e-friend. If not, he said prepare to be trolled on fb.

The average player in randoms is getting better, it is more noticeable the higher tier you go.

signature.png

@ Stoyak - I tend to agree with you, in a random both teams are completely unpredictable. On the plus, it teaches us to remain flexible.

Time to ruin​ enhance feety's FB?

Forever duelling with pistols for Reaps hat collection.

Also just for Feet

Also tagged with lemmings, muppets

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users