Are pubbies getting worse recently?

lemmings muppets

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
441 replies to this topic

Poll: Are pubbies getting worse!?! (208 members have cast votes)

Do you think the average player skill is getting worse on this server?

1. Yes (104 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (35 votes [16.83%])

Percentage of vote: 16.83%

3. About the same as always... (69 votes [33.17%])

Percentage of vote: 33.17%

Do you find getting a win in a pub battle when running solo is getting harder?

1. Yes (128 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

2. No (36 votes [17.31%])

Percentage of vote: 17.31%

3. About the same... (44 votes [21.15%])

Percentage of vote: 21.15%

Have recent updates removing trees and altering maps ruined the gameplay of TD's?

1. Yes (66 votes [31.73%])

Percentage of vote: 31.73%

2. No (93 votes [44.71%])

Percentage of vote: 44.71%

3. Of course, the game is slowly getting ruined to suit the tomatoes.... (49 votes [23.56%])

Percentage of vote: 23.56%

Vote Hide poll

Politx_killer #41 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostStormCrowReaperManyHat, on 09 September 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

Nek minute, while poasting on wot forums

Posted Image

Nothing a few casuals and a couple of shovels couldn't fixt.

Forever duelling with pistols for Reaps hat collection.

Also just for Feet

_stevethegecko_ #42 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 09 September 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Feety breaking free of his D-K bondage. Shame, we need more deniers in here.

It was actually a post by FG in wotlabs that made me think more about it. I had a terrible run last Tuesday, and it was because of two reasons. I had become too relaxed and was playing terribly, and the pubbies are getting better.

These two things in combination made me drop from 54.55% to 54.53% in one session, and it wasn't until Sunday night that I managed to hit 54.55% again. 

To polish my skills more so I don't have a monumental foul up like last Tuesday, I am changing my habits. I am sticking to the tiers I feel most comfortable in (7-8) and getting back into the habit of balancing aggression and patience.

kilig ako

Stoyak #43 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18719 battles
  • [ANUB] ANUB

View PostEzz, on 09 September 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

The natural question is how much he solo'd on NA. My guess is his win rates won't be comparable.

BUT, if we make the assumption that he actually did solo the same amount, then it is safe to conclude that SEA pubbies are better. Tougher wins means better opponents after all.

A great player in amongst good players will have a bigger influence then a great player amongst terrible players. I feel that's what he noticed.

"I'm open I'm open!....wtf"

Please don't assume I'm trying to negate the skill of adapting to your environments though Ezz.  Actually I kinda assume that's what you are getting at.  I think over time I've relearned how to play here.  I just mean the typical unicum play style that undoubtedly works elsewhere wont work here, and it's not due to highly skilled pubs :)

Bridgeburner "It's a well known fact amongst almost everyone in the EAST CW that another clan is driving GBH accounts for them during battle."
GeneralGrant "Some fight Clan Wars for gold and some for gudfites but some fight it to make creative shapes in the global map."

_stevethegecko_ #44 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postkarl0ssus1, on 09 September 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

Last nights WR has nothing to do with plats and E-25 spam. Its simply because I am a god amongst mortals, and can only lose when my entire team turns against me.

That do it?

Speaking of teams turning against you though, the usual PBKAC "TK XXXX hes a baddy" routine when encountering another KAC member went horribly wrong last night. They actually started shooting Woolfy.

I'm glad I got you the E-25, sounds like you're enjoying it. I averaged 2k damage in that tank from 5 battles. Pity only 2 were wins.

kilig ako

Ezz #45 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPolitx_killer, on 09 September 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

So would this mean I would get a better w/r on NA? Or a worse one..

Similar to when the second set of transfers came from NA > SEA 2 years ago - we found a significantly lower standard of player hence win rates went up. Based on the above it appears the reverse would be true now, hence transferring back to NA would see WRs go up.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

mttspiii #46 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33795 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

I'm an average pubbie. WoTLabs says I'm improving. That means that the average pubbie is actually improving. No, seriously, these days you can't hold off a lemming train with just 2 tanks (Arctic Circle is prone to aggressive plays in my experience).

That's why it's harder to win solo; a person's influence isn't as great since the enemy is more skilled, and thus can compensate better.

As for typical unicum gameplay not working here, it's because there are 2 extremely-opposite flavors of pubbies: the original vanilla camper from SEA, and the aggressive VN transferee. You can't predict which flavor of pubbie you'd get.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Politx_killer #47 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postmttspiii, on 09 September 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:

I'm an average pubbie. WoTLabs says I'm improving. That means that the average pubbie is actually improving. No, seriously, these days you can't hold off a lemming train with just 2 tanks (Arctic Circle is prone to aggressive plays in my experience).

That's why it's harder to win solo; a person's influence isn't as great since the enemy is more skilled, and thus can compensate better.

As for typical unicum gameplay not working here, it's because there are 2 extremely-opposite flavors of pubbies: the original vanilla camper from SEA, and the aggressive VN transferee. You can't predict which flavor of pubbie you'd get.

I wonder how red tastes..

Also just for Feet

karl0ssus1 #48 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFeeTFooD, on 09 September 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

I'm glad I got you the E-25, sounds like you're enjoying it. I averaged 2k damage in that tank from 5 battles. Pity only 2 were wins.

Im still not winning terribly often in it, but <20 games and even when I lose its fun. Just gotta sort out the consistency and poor yolo timing issues.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

karl0ssus1 #49 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postmttspiii, on 09 September 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

I dunno there. VN players tend to have tags containing VN, and reasonably easily identifiable names. A quick look at the lineups should suffice.

Course if youre not used to this server you arent going to be aware of something like that I guess.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

Ezz #50 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostStoyak, on 09 September 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

A great player in amongst good players will have a bigger influence then a great player amongst terrible players. I feel that's what he noticed.

"I'm open I'm open!....wtf"

Please don't assume I'm trying to negate the skill of adapting to your environments though Ezz.  Actually I kinda assume that's what you are getting at.  I think over time I've relearned how to play here.  I just mean the typical unicum play style that undoubtedly works elsewhere wont work here, and it's not due to highly skilled pubs :)

I suspect an enabler amongst good players will have a bigger influence than an enabler amongst terribads. I suspect a damage whore could be the other way around. Poli, go re roll on NA and play 1000 battles. K thnx.

Being more passive certainly seems to work here. Better or worse (and even any comparison with barks' re roll) is going to be tough to prove given the many influences. But on a pure 'easier winning = scrubby pubbies' it would certainly appear the NA bunch are scrubbier. That may simply be because they're easier to carry because they are dumber / more predictable / better at taking advantage of enablers / whatevs.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

LeSigh #51 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 55004 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFeeTFooD, on 09 September 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Three of them arty chased me around maps... bastard clickers.

View Postkarl0ssus1, on 09 September 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Speaking of teams turning against you though, the usual PBKAC "TK XXXX hes a baddy" routine when encountering another KAC member went horribly wrong last night. They actually started shooting Woolfy.

523 damage from a KV-2. So sorry Woolfy. We didn't think some moron would actually do it.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

StormCrowReaperManyHat #52 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

Ammo Racked IRL

• Beta-Tester
  • 22803 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFeeTFooD, on 09 September 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

It was actually a post by FG in wotlabs that made me think more about it. I had a terrible run last Tuesday, and it was because of two reasons. I had become too relaxed and was playing terribly, and the pubbies are getting better.

These two things in combination made me drop from 54.55% to 54.53% in one session, and it wasn't until Sunday night that I managed to hit 54.55% again. 

To polish my skills more so I don't have a monumental foul up like last Tuesday, I am changing my habits. I am sticking to the tiers I feel most comfortable in (7-8) and getting back into the habit of balancing aggression and patience.

FG_ - making people think since 2012

View PostPolitx_killer, on 09 September 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

I wonder how red tastes..

Like rust, dude. Steer clear.

Outrage is too exhausting to maintain for years on end. Numpty fatigue has set in.

The rage of 2013/2014 has sullenly ceded ground to apathy and despair, there is no viable alternative.

#FreeFireGuard2k13

Politx_killer #53 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 09 September 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

I suspect an enabler amongst good players will have a bigger influence than an enabler amongst terribads. I suspect a damage whore could be the other way around. Poli, go re roll on NA and play 1000 battles. K thnx.

Being more passive certainly seems to work here. Better or worse (and even any comparison with barks' re roll) is going to be tough to prove given the many influences. But on a pure 'easier winning = scrubby pubbies' it would certainly appear the NA bunch are scrubbier. That may simply be because they're easier to carry because they are dumber / more predictable / better at taking advantage of enablers / whatevs.

K brb. Is Ezz777 taken on NA?

Also just for Feet

Stoyak #54 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18719 battles
  • [ANUB] ANUB

View PostEzz, on 09 September 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Similar to when the second set of transfers came from NA > SEA 2 years ago - we found a significantly lower standard of player hence win rates went up. Based on the above it appears the reverse would be true now, hence transferring back to NA would see WRs go up.

Ah maybe this is why we have different viewpoints.

I left NA with 3295 battles and a 54% WR (quite proud of that now that I look at it).  But when I came here my winrate dropped dramatically!  Only after I changed my playstyle to focus more on staying alive while dishing a lot of damage did it shoot back up.....that and giving up playing support tanks.

Hm, maybe winrate is ultimately this 'playstyle related to server'.  I believe all noobs are the same, they just noob out in different ways and therefore skill is how to account best for your servers particular brand of noob.

Bridgeburner "It's a well known fact amongst almost everyone in the EAST CW that another clan is driving GBH accounts for them during battle."
GeneralGrant "Some fight Clan Wars for gold and some for gudfites but some fight it to make creative shapes in the global map."

Rainbow_Cat #55 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

First lieutenant

• 30080 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
Ive only ever played SEA server so i cant make comparisons. I have to agree that the randomness of pubs makes for unpredictable gameplay. Start of Every match i have a rough gameplan based on tank compositions and where i expect certain tanks to go. When a Maus suddenly appears where you were expecting a medium to be, it really screws up that gameplan.

R A I N B O W

Ezz #56 Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRainbow_Cat, on 09 September 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

When a Maus suddenly appears where you were expecting a medium to be, it really screws up that gameplan.

I believe 3 E100s firing HE going field on highway screwed a few gameplans.

Fendalton #57 Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• 11401 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

SEABarks also mentioned that SEA camps hard compared to NA, so his game style wasn't initially used to it. He was aiming to get on the top 10 on Wotlabs.

I guess there is more YOLOSWAG on NA?

karl0ssus1 #58 Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Can anyone link to the challenge thread? Im kinda interested to read it, but too lazy to hunt through wotlabs.

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

Ezz #59 Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFendalton, on 09 September 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

SEABarks also mentioned that SEA camps hard compared to NA, so his game style wasn't initially used to it. He was aiming to get on the top 10 on Wotlabs.

I guess there is more YOLOSWAG on NA?

I know 3 type 59s under the second bridge on live oaks used to be almost auto win on NA. Certainly wasn't when we tried it the other night.

StormCrowReaperManyHat #60 Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

Ammo Racked IRL

• Beta-Tester
  • 22803 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

T-44 first battle of day. Gets tier 10 battle. All tier !0s on team are 44 - 46% overall, all sub 45% in type. gg

Edit - 2nd battle. tier 10 again on swamp. Whole team goes North. gg fml

Edited by StormCrowReaperManyHat, 09 September 2014 - 09:17 AM.

Outrage is too exhausting to maintain for years on end. Numpty fatigue has set in.

The rage of 2013/2014 has sullenly ceded ground to apathy and despair, there is no viable alternative.

#FreeFireGuard2k13

Also tagged with lemmings, muppets

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users