Jump to content


01 - 30 November: [Premium Shop] Month-Long Specials


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

8_Eight_8 #21 Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:59 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 45126 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013
Don't you dare sell the PzIIJ as it will ruin tier 2-3 games for good. 1x PzIIJ has a huge impact in tier 3 games as not so much for tier 4.
lyVSRZj.gif

Angelus_Mortis #22 Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 22555 battles
  • 70
  • [HOTA] HOTA
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

View PostMaho__Nishizumi_, on 05 November 2014 - 01:59 AM, said:

Don't you dare sell the PzIIJ as it will ruin tier 2-3 games for good. 1x PzIIJ has a huge impact in tier 3 games as not so much for tier 4.

 

So, what you are really saying is, you are worried about other people getting a tank only you and a limited number of others have.  Your comment suggests such a tank possibly gives you an advantage and you wouldn't want to lose that advantage now, would you!!!


"Angelus mortis expandet alas suas super flamine, et inspiravit in faciem eius patrata hostem..."

 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, and breathed in the face of the foe as he passed..."


mttspiii #23 Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 33374 battles
  • 17,165
  • [PVP] PVP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostMaho__Nishizumi_, on 05 November 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Don't you dare sell the PzIIJ as it will ruin tier 2-3 games for good. 1x PzIIJ has a huge impact in tier 3 games as not so much for tier 4.

 

Couldn't be as bad as the old T18 wrecking tier 1-2 games. At least the PzIIJ has a bad gun; T18 simply one-shots inferior tanks.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


Schtibal #24 Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:21 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 24980 battles
  • 514
  • Member since:
    06-14-2013

View PostLegendarySpecies, on 01 November 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

OMG A T1E6!!!! 

 

This one is a little disappointing. I know its not much of a tank, but I spend a good amount of time playing my Murican TD's in the second part of to earn this not necessarily good but somewhat rare tank. And not even a week after I've grinded 250,000 exp to earn it, I can now buy it for "free" with a gold bundle in the gift shop?

 

Couldn't you at least wait another month or three before offering the tank up in the store?

 

(I guess that's no worse than the o268 mission, where the prize for grinding out 250k exp is a tank that you can buy in the gift shop for five bucks)

 

 



tc1259 #25 Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9900 battles
  • 540
  • [SKNAT] SKNAT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

Mmmm Yes I think I may want one of these BT-SV's.... must part with more $$$

 



"The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons." -Russian military doctrine.
 World of Tanks SEA, Moderator


8_Eight_8 #26 Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 45126 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013

View PostAngelus_Mortis, on 05 November 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

 

So, what you are really saying is, you are worried about other people getting a tank only you and a limited number of others have.  Your comment suggests such a tank possibly gives you an advantage and you wouldn't want to lose that advantage now, would you!!!

 

Do you know what it's like to own a rare tank for a while and then WG release it to the public. If WG sells the PzIIJ again on sea cluster then tier 3's are going to see 10+ PzIIJ's on each team. There are only a few tanks/TD's which are mortal enemies to the PzIIJ.
lyVSRZj.gif

Tanitha #27 Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:25 AM

    Wargaming

  • Member
  • 4564 battles
  • 7,907
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostSchtibal, on 05 November 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

 

This one is a little disappointing. I know its not much of a tank, but I spend a good amount of time playing my Murican TD's in the second part of to earn this not necessarily good but somewhat rare tank. And not even a week after I've grinded 250,000 exp to earn it, I can now buy it for "free" with a gold bundle in the gift shop?

 

Couldn't you at least wait another month or three before offering the tank up in the store?

 

(I guess that's no worse than the o268 mission, where the prize for grinding out 250k exp is a tank that you can buy in the gift shop for five bucks)

 

The T1E6 is flagged as a free gift tank, that was introduced as a New Year's gift tank given to all players at the beginning of 2013.
Its usual for such tanks to not be reused for a year.. and then made available to players to also make them available to current players who weren't playing back then.

 

During 2014 we have provided them free with mid value packs, and also free as a gift for missions.

This makes them available to people short on time, or short on dollars, so the players can obtain it either way that suits them best.

 

The above is similar with the KV220 and Sherman, except these tanks were not provided to all players for New Years 2013, and were instead given to beta testers on other servers.

 

The BT-SV is not a "free giveaway tank" like the above, it's more of a collectors tank.

So at the moment, its "unlikely" to be provided with missions, or in lower costing packs.

And "likely" will remain in the current/similar format of being available occasionally in ~$100 packs.

 

Regards
Tan

 


 

 

 


Ottomatic_Reiffel #28 Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

    SealClub Number 6

  • Beta-Tester
  • 24192 battles
  • 4,246
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostMaho__Nishizumi_, on 05 November 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

 

Do you know what it's like to own a rare tank for a while and then WG release it to the public. If WG sells the PzIIJ again on sea cluster then tier 3's are going to see 10+ PzIIJ's on each team. There are only a few tanks/TD's which are mortal enemies to the PzIIJ.

 

The tank is rare. Nobody ever said it was going to be exclusive.

 

I also think tier 3 games with lots of IIJs will be hilarious with both side unable to effectively hurt each other. Protect those TDs, they are your hope and salvation.


See no bots, hear no bots, speak not about bots

WoT's most dedicated players


Angelus_Mortis #29 Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 22555 battles
  • 70
  • [HOTA] HOTA
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

View PostMaho__Nishizumi_, on 05 November 2014 - 03:53 AM, said:

 

Do you know what it's like to own a rare tank for a while and then WG release it to the public. If WG sells the PzIIJ again on sea cluster then tier 3's are going to see 10+ PzIIJ's on each team. There are only a few tanks/TD's which are mortal enemies to the PzIIJ.

 

Wake up, smell the coffee, take a valium, and then realise you are on a multiplayer online game.  Just because you have been playing this game on the SEA server since August 2012 and have 36,000 odd games, it does not accord you any exclusivity.  You are just a number, just like everybody else.  You might seem to think by being one of the few who have a Pz. IIJ, it gives you some sort of status.  Oh well, such is your life, and if you confuse me with someone who actually gives a fornication, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

 

In playing the game, I collect tanks and will acquire rare ones through completing Missions or if they are on limited sale in the Premium Shop.  What I have is not as rare as the Pz. IIJ, but if others also ultimately get a chance to buy them, good luck to them.

 

I play the game for fun, not so I can rodomontade about my stats or whinge about certain tanks being sold in the Premium Shop.  I aim to improve my stats, overall performance, and help support the 'team' in battles as best I can.  I care not for 'stat padding' or any reference to a WN8 rating (which as far as I have seen and read, is skewed towards those who predominantly play particular types of tanks to achieve a result, but I could be wrong).  I actually find it hilarious that the lives of some sad individuals are consumed with pointing out how my stats are not as good as theirs, or by referencing my stats and implying / blaming me for a team's loss.  Sometimes, I don't play as well as I would like and sometimes, excrement happens and then you die.  Such is life!!!

 

Now, back to some fun.  I might take my BT-SV out for some 'clubbing'.


Edited by Angelus_Mortis, 05 November 2014 - 03:38 PM.

"Angelus mortis expandet alas suas super flamine, et inspiravit in faciem eius patrata hostem..."

 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, and breathed in the face of the foe as he passed..."


Tanitha #30 Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

    Wargaming

  • Member
  • 4564 battles
  • 7,907
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostStormtroop3r, on 05 November 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

Is there any word on the Type 59?

 

1st RULE: You do not talk about the Type 59. 
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about the Type 59. 
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. 
4th RULE: Only two Type 59's to a fight. 
5th RULE: One fight at a time. 
6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes. 
7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to. 
8th RULE: If this is your first night using the Type 59, you HAVE to fight.
 

 

 


General_Soulhunter #31 Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 22805 battles
  • 2,453
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostTanitha, on 05 November 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

 

No, Wargaming doesn't have a bad track record for "limited time offer"

Players have a bad track record of making such things up, or reading the made up quotes from players and assuming WG actually said what the player made up.

There is no such mention of "limited time offer" written on this sale, as there has been no such decision made at this time.

It just states its for sale for the first time on the Asia server, which it is.

 

 

Regards
Tan

 

so we need to be really particular on what is said. okay noted

View PostTanitha, on 05 November 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

 

The T1E6 is flagged as a free gift tank, that was introduced as a New Year's gift tank given to all players at the beginning of 2013.
Its usual for such tanks to not be reused for a year.. and then made available to players to also make them available to current players who weren't playing back then.

 

During 2014 we have provided them free with mid value packs, and also free as a gift for missions.

This makes them available to people short on time, or short on dollars, so the players can obtain it either way that suits them best.

 

The above is similar with the KV220 and Sherman, except these tanks were not provided to all players for New Years 2013, and were instead given to beta testers on other servers.

 

The BT-SV is not a "free giveaway tank" like the above, it's more of a collectors tank.

So at the moment, its "unlikely" to be provided with missions, or in lower costing packs.

And "likely" will remain in the current/similar format of being available occasionally in ~$100 packs.

 

Regards
Tan

 

this is the answer i'm looking for. btw i am sure a lot of people will rage if btsv come in stand alone package in near future

 

thanks for your clarification


~chuck norris and superman once fought each other on a bet, the loser had to wear his underwear outside his pants~


Tanitha #32 Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

    Wargaming

  • Member
  • 4564 battles
  • 7,907
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostGeneral_Soulhunter, on 05 November 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

so we need to be really particular on what is said. okay noted

this is the answer i'm looking for. btw i am sure a lot of people will rage if btsv come in stand alone package in near future

 

thanks for your clarification

 

>so we need to be really particular on what is said. okay noted

 

Aye its a bit like the game chinese whispers. http://en.wikipedia....hinese_whispers

When reading what "WG Said" its best to stick to what WG actually wrote. which is usually very little like what the players claim was written.

 

And especially read my info / posts as they are written. I write the accuracy of information within the post. with

soon < soonish < mid term < long term etc

Maybe - might - possibly - likely - will etc..

 

Regards
Tan

 

 

 


 

 

 


Angelus_Mortis #33 Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:30 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 22555 battles
  • 70
  • [HOTA] HOTA
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

View PostTanitha, on 05 November 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

 

Aye its a bit like the game chinese whispers. http://en.wikipedia....hinese_whispers

When reading what "WG Said" its best to stick to what WG actually wrote. which is usually very little like what the players claim was written.

 

And especially read my info / posts as they are written. I write the accuracy of information within the post. with

soon < soonish < mid term < long term etc

Maybe - might - possibly - likely - will etc..

 

Regards
Tan

 

Tan, you have my empathy, because I know you will have to keep banging your head against the proverbial wall.  Keep up the good work.

 

A saying I learnt a long time ago could be well heeded by some, "Look and you will see, read and you will learn and understand.".  Then again, a man also once said, "I have a dream...". :sceptic:

 

Cheers


"Angelus mortis expandet alas suas super flamine, et inspiravit in faciem eius patrata hostem..."

 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, and breathed in the face of the foe as he passed..."


_Storm #34 Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

    Ordo Hereticus

  • Member
  • 15005 battles
  • 5,588
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013

View PostTanitha, on 05 November 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

 

1st RULE: You do not talk about the Type 59. 
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about the Type 59. 
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. 
4th RULE: Only two Type 59's to a fight. 
5th RULE: One fight at a time. 
6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes. 
7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to. 
8th RULE: If this is your first night using the Type 59, you HAVE to fight.

 

Lel,

While it may not be an answer I was expecting the amusement makes up for it. 



REDL1NE #35 Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 22097 battles
  • 371
  • [PERTH] PERTH
  • Member since:
    03-24-2013

View PostStormtroop3r, on 05 November 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

 

Lel,

While it may not be an answer I was expecting the amusement makes up for it. 

 

Agreed, some information is nice, no information is very deceptive. We must Know the truth! :ohmy:

Tanitha #36 Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

    Wargaming

  • Member
  • 4564 battles
  • 7,907
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostAngelus_Mortis, on 05 November 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

 

Tan, you have my empathy, because I know you will have to keep banging your head against the proverbial wall.  Keep up the good work.

 

A saying I learnt a long time ago could be well heeded by some, "Look and you will see, read and you will learn and understand.".  Then again, a man also once said, "I have a dream...". :sceptic:

 

Cheers

 

Thanks.

But no biggy, if it bothered me too much, then I'd be in the wrong job.

4.5 years here now, and still semi sane.

 

View PostInvalid_Username, on 05 November 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

 

Agreed, some information is nice, no information is very deceptive. We must Know the truth! :ohmy:

 

Can i continue with the movie cliche's ?


 

 

 


AALG #37 Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:27 AM

    Minsk Hitman

  • Senior Moderator
  • 20578 battles
  • 1,989
  • [PANZA] PANZA
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012

View PostInvalid_Username, on 05 November 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

 

We must Know the truth! :ohmy:

 


  
I am ArmsAndLegsGuy from the EU and NA server, with a shortened name here.
(battle stats in the spoiler from the servers I have played on)

Spoiler




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users