• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

_Storm #1 Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:05 PM

Ordo Hereticus

• 14825 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Overview

yb2CEXb.jpg

The IS-2, or as it is better known, the ISnipe-2, is a tier 7 Soviet Chinese heavy tank. it has a good gun, solid mobility and armour that does not bounce very much (although this does not matter as I will explain later). 

Refer to the crew skills above for maximising the great Communist accuracy, if possible get BiA as well, this crew is not so great though because the better crew is in the T-34-3 (another excellent sniper, I think I wrote a guide on it once). The equipment is also chosen to maximise the DPM and aim time, essential components for long range combat, binos or a camo net are both equally good, vents can be helpful too for further improving the 122mm railgun.

The mobility is fairly fast for a heavy but you won't really need it much because you won't be venturing far from the red line, it is good for getting to popular camping spots before those pesky TD's arrive and start whining about "prosniping heavy", "go learn2play n00b", they just do not understand the true power of the ISnipe-2. make sure to use the mobility to get as many long range shots as possible until the red tonks kill you because your team was noob.

The armour is not very good, >175 pen guns will turn your UFP into an oversized vision port in no time and the only armour on the mantlet is dodgy at best, luckily this will not matter because you will not be brawling or doing anything that requires armour, instead camosniping is the order of the day, obviously you can't shoot what you can't see.

The gun is where things get special, a highly accurate 122mm allows for high damage shots delivered reliably from the edge of the draw distance. because the crew is Chinese and not Russian the gunner is not always drunk due to an oversupply of vodka, the 122mm even puts the Tiger I's gun to shame when it comes to sniping, fascist box tenks are no match for Communist steel! 

Refer to the game below for evidence of the ISnipe-2's superior optics and fire control that make it's sniping capability possible: 

0cnun0l.jpg

Aan8xoQ.jpg

By using the true sniping strength of the IS-2 you too can always be assured that you are doing work for tem!

Zynth #2 Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25820 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Question: I was thinking of proceeding up the Chinese HT TD line and the first real Chinese HT TD would be the IS-2. I have heard that artillery stops camping and that is obviously what the IS-2 does best. So should I equip a spall liner?

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

_Storm #3 Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

Ordo Hereticus

• 14825 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

That's what the arty players would have you believe, arty actually counters players who are silly enough to get lit so fear not! As long as you stay true to the red line you are arty safe.

Having said that a spall liner is always a good equipment choice in any tank.

Edited by Stormtroop3r, 05 November 2014 - 06:50 PM.

Percy23 #4 Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• 11936 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
Nice review i was thinking of getting an IS-2 as well .

Adaptor #5 Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:03 PM

Corporal

• 13058 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA
something fishy here. Why it is in off-topic discussion?:unsure:

ZeroPauper #6 Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 8697 battles

View PostAdaptor, on 05 November 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

something fishy here. Why it is in off-topic discussion?:unsure:

Because IS-2 is an imaginary tank that has not been released yet..? Am I right?

When things fail, a good leader would look back at all his actions and try to figure out what went wrong to solve the problem and a lousy leader will start to make excuses and look for people to blame. Which are you?

superIcecream #7 Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

First lieutenant

• 11092 battles
I want a commie tank too

World of Tanks has no cow level

wasaabi #8 Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22320 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
This should probably go in the Game Guides and Tutorial's section Stormtrooper.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

_Storm #9 Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

Ordo Hereticus

• 14825 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 06 November 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

This should probably go in the Game Guides and Tutorial's section Stormtrooper.

But then I'd be worried that someone would think I'm serious! You could probably move it into GD though, or do what Mick did for my last troll guide and put it into the appropriate vehicle sub-forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users