S/H defence tier what?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Ezz #21 Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:48 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEltnot, on 07 November 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

You can't attack the same person within 7 days.

View Postspacewolf, on 07 November 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Ezz, there is no limit to how many times you can attack another clan.

Can't brain.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #22 Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 74163 battles

View PostEzz, on 07 November 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Can't brain.

Looking for the text that states 7 days twixt attacks, currently can't see it. If Elt has noted it tho, I'd treat that as rule until otherwise.

And original post edited to reflect updated info.

Elt, if you have a link to said text, please post.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Ezz #23 Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ah, just noticed your edit. My forum bot gets impatient.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #24 Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74163 battles
Lols. all good.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Eltnot #25 Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 21687 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postspacewolf, on 07 November 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

You CAN pillage structures.

Edit: clarified above

for clarity:

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/content/strongholds_guide/strongholds/battles_for_stronghold/

Not sure if that makes sense or is contradictory to that link, but I think I got most of it right.

Edit: I understand it now, but it's still a horrible guide.  The example team attacks and then proceeds to lose every battle thereafter. 

Example: 

Edited by Eltnot, 07 November 2014 - 01:01 PM.

spacewolf #26 Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74163 battles

Yea it's messy alright!

Ezz:

To schedule attack on Stronghold of another clan:

1. Select the date of the attack in Calendar.
  2. Click the Attack! button beside the Zone you wish to attack.
  3. In the displayed window, select the Zone of your own Stronghold, from which you will be attacking. Remember that if your assault fails, your opponent will launch a counter-attack on your own Stronghold through the selected Zone.
  4. Click Confirm Attack.

Once you confirm the attack, the icon in the rightmost section of the Intelligence Data window marks the Zone that you will be attacking.

Another attack on the same clan can only be scheduled seven days after the battle.

Edit: add link:

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/content/strongholds_guide/strongholds/intelligence-data/

Edited by spacewolf, 07 November 2014 - 01:01 PM.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Ezz #27 Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:04 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ok, so a SH war dec won't really work.

Eltnot #28 Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:04 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 21687 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postspacewolf, on 07 November 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Looking for the text that states 7 days twixt attacks, currently can't see it. If Elt has noted it tho, I'd treat that as rule until otherwise.

And original post edited to reflect updated info.

Elt, if you have a link to said text, please post.

Haven't found the 7 day comment again but you have only one day per week that is your ceasefire date.

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/content/strongholds_guide/strongholds/defense-settings/

spacewolf #29 Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74163 battles

View PostEltnot, on 07 November 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Haven't found the 7 day comment again but you have only one day per week that is your ceasefire date.

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/content/strongholds_guide/strongholds/defense-settings/

All good, it's in the (un)intelligence part of the guide. Linked appropriately.

View PostEzz, on 07 November 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Ok, so a SH war dec won't really work.

Sadly no.

Proudly sponsored by WG

shanepal #30 Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:15 PM

Corporal

• 14306 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View PostEzz, on 07 November 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

I like the tier limitation based on HQ tier.

Ie HQ up to VI = tier 6.

above tier 6 HQ = tier 8 battles min.

above tier 8 HQ = tier 10 min.

Altho even that could be shifted down a bit. Ie anything above a tier 4 HQ = tier 8 min etc..

Reckon this would be a great way to run it. Which means it probably wont happen

jpkiwi #31 Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25761 battles
  • [1AR-M] 1AR-M
Wow..epic fail ....  Why cant they get CW working right before they try other shit. 

History is the most dangerous product ever concocted by the chemistry of the intellect. It causes dreams, inebriates nations, saddles them with false memories … keeps their old sores running, torments them when they are not at rest, and induces in them megalomania and the mania of persecution.

Tricky013 #32 Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

Corporal

• 14768 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

good input guys... thanks forworkinghard to sort it out... I guess we will find out tonight when we get attacked for the first time.

still no sign of clarification from Tan or the other moderators....

Good luck with it!

Saffelicious #33 Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:19 AM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37403 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Im glad people more intelligent then me are figuring this out,

Just read through this thread and yeah..... :O 

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Active #34 Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

Community Contributor

• Senior Moderator
  • 6866 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

Gentlemen, that is correct @spacewolf's post.

The SH defense mode will have no tier restrictions @15 tanks max, at the attacking team's preference.

Local time for the defense period is not server time (SGT GMT+8) but local time, please don't set your time thinking it is server time, because you'll need another 14 days to change the time.

Informal statement: imho + references*: The design of strongholds was to form a bridge between casual platoons/TCs/TBs and Clanwars. Aiming to cater a transitional state for players in casual clans to aim towards higher organisation without requiring the dedication or experience that is imperative in CW. A idea that was composed to help lower leveled clans enjoy something to work together towards as team, something to build upon and create. Unfortunately, strongholds is quite limited in the sense if indeed that is still the intent of this mode. Yes, it does provide nice rewards (up to 50%+ credits, 50%+ experience.. and others) however the prerequisite are high level structures. In order to obtain these structures, the clan must surpass level IV buildings, something that cannot be done unless the clan has activated defense. 

Thus, it seems as if, the message is set, "if you can't field 15 tier 10s to defend your base, you'll need to stay at level 4", that is unless you and your bunch of friends want to be attacked by elite clans who can casually field an entire X'ed armada without a drop of sweat. Therefore, it appears the majority of SH's perks and rewards are aimed at the higher percentile of the server, whom are populated by only the top of clans. I would love to see the implementation of allowing the defending SH to choose the tier in which the battle will take place, which allows at least a fair, fighting chance for the two clans to compete with skill, as opposed to how many hours one has clocked into the game. 

Strongholds is under early development and will be subject to changes in accordance to feedback. The developers are professionals, there are reasons for such actions which are indeed very complex. Although I would prefer the aforementioned implementation we can only wait and see what happens.

Regards,

Active

DumbotheDarkWizard #35 Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:59 AM

So Awesome

• 11001 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I am against people choosing the tier because someone will choose crap tiers (tier 5 and below or tier 7) and the larger clans will just alway pick T10. What I think it should be is tier 8, which imo is a perfect balance between casual tier 6 stronks/pubs and CWs (T10). Only down side is the advantage tourney player get, by having amazing crews/practise, but this is minor compared to the current problems.

Karnneo #36 Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

SealClub Number 8

• Beta-Tester
  • 14225 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

I agree with the idea of scaling strongholds with the building.  The scale should be determined by the Defenders building level.  Command centre lvl 5-7 = tier 8 and above that it's tier 10.  If you only field tier 6 then have your CC stay below level 5.

A better idea is let the defender choose the level.  Add a rule that sets the lowest tier they can choose to Command centre level +1.  This would allow clan to choose a level they think will suit them best but also keep the highest rewards for the clans able to field the highest tanks.                                         

DumbotheDarkWizard #37 Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

So Awesome

• 11001 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostKarnneo, on 27 November 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

I agree with the idea of scaling strongholds with the building.  The scale should be determined by the Defenders building level.  Command centre lvl 5-7 = tier 8 and above that it's tier 10.  If you only field tier 6 then have your CC stay below level 5.

A better idea is let the defender choose the level.  Add a rule that sets the lowest tier they can choose to Command centre level +1.  This would allow clan to choose a level they think will suit them best but also keep the highest rewards for the clans able to field the highest tanks.                                         

No, because it is stupid to be "forced" to keep 2 or 3 tanks with decent crews (at least 2 skill) for every single tier. One, single set tier or just stay at tier 10

Karnneo #38 Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

SealClub Number 8

• Beta-Tester
  • 14225 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostDumbo_is_Awesome, on 27 November 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

No, because it is stupid to be "forced" to keep 2 or 3 tanks with decent crews (at least 2 skill) for every single tier. One, single set tier or just stay at tier 10

Defender sets tier.  If you don't want to play at a certain tier pick a clan that has a tier set that you like.

There seems to be a lot of elitism in this game against clans who aren't able to field teams for clanwars.  Strongholds should not be aimed at clanwars playing mega clans.  It should aim to progress a clan from no battle experience to clanwars.  The skirmishes sided of it does that well but the stronghold battle side does not.   Getting your commandd centre to level 5 with nothing but tier 6 skirmishes is easy.  At level 5 it should be a case of saying to clans that they need to step up to tier 8 to progress.  A couple of levels later it's the next step to full Tier X.

Strongholds is a bridge to bigger an better things.  The leap from nothing to full tier X teams seems a little drastic if the goal of strongholds is to bridge people from small tier 6 battles through to full tier 10 clanwars style battles and get them use to working as teams.   I would add at least a tier 8 element to it for Command centre level 5 and 6.  Going from nothing straight to a tier 10 full team seems to undermine the progression that this mode is meant to address.   I would also keep the player limit to a team of 10 just like tier 8 skirmishes.  Clans that want to play just tier X can then just power grind the command centre up a few levels.

Edited by Karnneo, 28 November 2014 - 12:04 AM.

Ezz #39 Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69877 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostKarnneo, on 28 November 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

It should aim to progress a clan from no battle experience to clanwars.

Which it does. As you point out, up to tier IV HQs don't require defenses so offer a great stepping stone allowing clans to start getting their calling, tanks, strats etc. ready for CW.

The message from WG is that if you then want end game content, you need end game tanks.

DumbotheDarkWizard #40 Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:33 AM

So Awesome

• 11001 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
See the other threads for my thoughts on the topic (tier 8 stronks defense for everyone), but it is basically as Ezz said. You want end game reward, do it with end game tanks. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users